Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936

Havos said:

barbult said:

Havos said:

Have the web site made changes that again affect this plug in? On the latest flash sale the show wish list option is missing.

It shows for me. I often have to refresh the page to get those checkboxes to appear.

Strange, I see the other filters the add on adds but not the wishlist one (which is the most important for me). I refreshed many times, and it still does not show.

This is on the chrome browser. I tried Edge, and that also did not work, although I know that Edge is based off chrome's tech, so maybe not surprising it also does not work.

We will see if other people are affected.

I'm on Edge and it works for me, just tried it. Had to do the 'Allow in Private' switch trick but it worked on refresh.

edited February 2022

Havos said:

barbult said:

Havos said:

Have the web site made changes that again affect this plug in? On the latest flash sale the show wish list option is missing.

It shows for me. I often have to refresh the page to get those checkboxes to appear.

Strange, I see the other filters the add on adds but not the wishlist one (which is the most important for me). I refreshed many times, and it still does not show.

This is on the chrome browser. I tried Edge, and that also did not work, although I know that Edge is based off chrome's tech, so maybe not surprising it also does not work.

Double post, apologies.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,874

Havos said:

barbult said:

Havos said:

Try making your Chrome browser window wider. If it is too narrow, the extra info won't get displayed. At least that is how it works for me.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 164402.png
    1523 x 782 - 578K
    Screenshot 2022-02-08 164501.png
    1370 x 822 - 602K
  • Havos said:

barbult said:

Havos said:

Have you tried the fix where you toggle incognito mode? That only works until you close your browser, though. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

barbult said:

Havos said:

barbult said:

Havos said:

Try making your Chrome browser window wider. If it is too narrow, the extra info won't get displayed. At least that is how it works for me.

My browser is normally the full size of the window. I tried to make it even wider, across both of my screens, but still no wish list button.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

Ok, I got it working. I noticed that the option "Add Wishlist to categories pages" was not selected. I selected that, and restarted, and it still did not appear, but toggling the hide in incognito mode did the trick and the wishlist option is appearing on all pages. Cheers everyone for your help.

• CheetahkaCheetahka Posts: 168
    edited February 2022
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on installing the add-on to my Galaxy s21 ultra 5G Android phone chrome app. I clicked the chrome link on the original forum page 1 link clicked the added to desktop button and... Well it has a check ✅ next to it but now what? I did add this a while back to Firefox on my PC if that makes any difference in the process.
    Post edited by Cheetahka on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited February 2022

Well, I must be a complete idiot, especially since I modified them a number of times already, but *where* do you select the options for the plug-in? Such as how long a price history you want, for instance?

Post edited by odastein on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2022

On Chrome, try here:

Capture.JPG
    1369 x 429 - 65K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Please thump the notifications machine again for me. I'm not getting any Emails. Thanks!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

TJohn said:

Please thump the notifications machine again for me. I'm not getting any Emails. Thanks!

I sent you a private message here on the forums. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

I just got a computer that has a browser that can use this addon.  I am so glad that there is an edge browser addon for this.

• WhiskeyjackWhiskeyjack Posts: 59
    edited February 2022

Just want to throw my own hat in the ring here, and confirm that the add-on is being a bit wonky for me too (using Chrome).

None of the functions seem to work at all, but, strangely, uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on seems to fix any problems... until I close down the brower and reopen it, then the add-on stops working again. Very odd.

Post edited by Whiskeyjack on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited February 2022

Whiskeyjack said:

Just want to throw my own hat in the ring here, and confirm that the add-on is being a bit wonky for me too (using Chrome).

None of the functions seem to work at all, but, strangely, uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on seems to fix any problems... until I close down the brower and reopen it, then the add-on stops working again. Very odd.

This is a known problem for many but not all users.

Try toggling 'allow incognito' . It works for me and many others. It has to be done each time you open Chrome but it is a lot easier the reinstalling. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The newest version at Opera store is 2.5.1

PerttiA said:

The Opera store is not easy to update, so until we have everything worked out with the new store design, the most up-to-date versions are in the Chrome and Firefox stores. Opera can use the Chrome store, though, if you already have the new design, and want to see all the features.

• WhiskeyjackWhiskeyjack Posts: 59
    edited February 2022

Charlie Judge said:

Whiskeyjack said:

Try toggling 'allow incognito' . It works for me and many others. It has to be done each time you open Chrome but it is a lot easier the reinstalling. 

Strangely, I don't seem to have the option to "allow incognito" either. Am I just blind as a bat and not seeing it?

Screenshot (4).png
    2560 x 1300 - 135K
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Ati said:

PerttiA said:

The Opera store is not easy to update, so until we have everything worked out with the new store design, the most up-to-date versions are in the Chrome and Firefox stores. Opera can use the Chrome store, though, if you already have the new design, and want to see all the features.

Yandex only uses Opera addons 

edited February 2022

Whiskeyjack said:

Charlie Judge said:

Whiskeyjack said:

Strangely, I don't seem to have the option to "allow incognito" either. Am I just blind as a bat and not seeing it?

It's a browser option, I think, not a Daz Deals option. It is called different thngs in different browsers. I might be "private window" or something like that. Look in you browser settings.

In Firefox I had to go the the settings section to manage extensions, select the Daz Deals extension and Allow "Run in Private Windows". I think that is what people are talking about. Maybe "incognito" is a Chrome term???

Screenshot 2022-02-23 170016.jpg
    1057 x 1161 - 155K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited February 2022

barbult said:

Whiskeyjack said:

Charlie Judge said:

Whiskeyjack said:

It's a browser option, I think, not a Daz Deals option. It is called different thngs in different browsers. I might be "private window" or something like that. Look in you browser settings.

In Firefox I had to go the the settings section to manage extensions, select the Daz Deals extension and Allow "Run in Private Windows". I think that is what people are talking about. Maybe "incognito" is a Chrome term???

Yes it is a browser option. In chrome click on the 3 dots in th upper right corner > more tools > extensions > Daz Deals details > toggle 'Allow Incognito'

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited February 2022

barbult said:

Yep, in Microsoft Edge I have to go to Extensions-Manage Extension, open Daz Deals extension and turn the 'Allow in Private' button to the opposite of what it currently is. Refreshing the DAZ store page then makes the Deals extension kick in. Your button might say something different dependent on your browser but is should be obvious what it is from barbult and my screenshots.

As mentioned I have to do this every time I shut down the browser completely and reopen (not just on restarting the computer).

2022-02-23 (1).png
    1212 x 657 - 58K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Ah, there it is! Yep, that seems to have done the trick, alhough I still need to be redo it everytime I close the Chrome browser. Minor inconvience at the most really.

Thanks guys!

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited February 2022

MelanieL said:

On Chrome, try here:

Thank you very much.In fact, I was on Firefox, but it was the same thing.

Post edited by odastein on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited February 2022

I'm getting a blocker warning when I click on any of the DAZ promo offers in the regular update emails (DAZ Deals originated). This is from Firefox running uBlock Origin. I did a search on kqzyfj.com and it comes up as browser hijack malware.

Somewhat concerning.

[EDIT] Just tried with MS Edge (also with uBlock Origin) and it gives the same warning.

I have only recently switchd to uBlock because AdBlock now has a "feature" called "Acceptable Ads" and the way they decide which ads are "acceptable" appears to be based on whether those placing the ads pay to be included. So AdBlock was removed and uBlock Origin installed instead.

kqzyfj.jpg
    807 x 645 - 75K
    Post edited by marble on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

Whiskeyjack said:

Ah, there it is! Yep, that seems to have done the trick, alhough I still need to be redo it everytime I close the Chrome browser. Minor inconvience at the most really.

Thanks guys!

If you are using Chrome, you can click the little puzzle icon next to the menu button in the top-right corner and pin the add-on to the top. That makes it even easier because you can right-click the add-on icon and select "manage extension."

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 622

Hello! I've been a long time user of the add-on and really love setting price notifications. Oddly, I tried to set a notification and it wouldn't let me. It told me I had to turn on notifications. I don't recall turning off notifications. Help?

edited March 2022

I keep getting email notices for "DAZ Wishlist items on sale" for products that I have removed from my wishlist. I have synced the wishlist multiple times, but this keeps happening. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

I am using Daz Deals v3.0.4  on Firefox in Windows 10.

Post edited by barbult on

ArtsyDragon said:

Hello! I've been a long time user of the add-on and really love setting price notifications. Oddly, I tried to set a notification and it wouldn't let me. It told me I had to turn on notifications. I don't recall turning off notifications. Help?

Your data is most likely not entered in the addon options page. Please make sure your email address and passcode are entered and saved in the options page, under the "Email notifications" part. (This is the passcode you received specifically for the email notifications from us.)

barbult said:

I keep getting email notices for "DAZ Wishlist items on sale" for products that I have removed from my wishlist. I have synced the wishlist multiple times, but this keeps happening. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

I am using Daz Deals v3.0.4  on Firefox in Windows 10.

Can you send me the SKUs of the items in question to me in a PM? (Here on the forum is fine.) We'll figure it out. Thank you. 

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

I know I've asked this before, but I don't remember seeing an answer. This is a feature I keep wishing we had, but I understand if it's not really possible. Is there a way for the add-on to automatically add the discount percentage to prices on the history timeline? In sales where the discount increases as you add more items to the cart, or the price drops a certain percent after adding a coupon code, it would be nice if we could quickly see if items had been reduced by that percentage (or more) in the past without having to add and remove a bunch of them to and from the cart. Whatever the answer is, thank you both for the work you do to keep this add-on working for us.