Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Quasar said:

I know I've asked this before, but I don't remember seeing an answer. This is a feature I keep wishing we had, but I understand if it's not really possible. Is there a way for the add-on to automatically add the discount percentage to prices on the history timeline? In sales where the discount increases as you add more items to the cart, or the price drops a certain percent after adding a coupon code, it would be nice if we could quickly see if items had been reduced by that percentage (or more) in the past without having to add and remove a bunch of them to and from the cart. Whatever the answer is, thank you both for the work you do to keep this add-on working for us.

Sometimes this requires you to already have a certain item, to have multiple items in the cart, to use a coupon code (which may not be available to everyone), to be in a certain subsection of users, etc. Some of these discounts we don't even know about. There's simply no way to track all of these. The price history shows the lowest listed price for the given day for the two main subsection of users (Daz+ and non-Daz+ members). 

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 619
    edited March 2022

Ati said:

Quasar said:

I know I've asked this before, but I don't remember seeing an answer. This is a feature I keep wishing we had, but I understand if it's not really possible. Is there a way for the add-on to automatically add the discount percentage to prices on the history timeline? In sales where the discount increases as you add more items to the cart, or the price drops a certain percent after adding a coupon code, it would be nice if we could quickly see if items had been reduced by that percentage (or more) in the past without having to add and remove a bunch of them to and from the cart. Whatever the answer is, thank you both for the work you do to keep this add-on working for us.

Sometimes this requires you to already have a certain item, to have multiple items in the cart, to use a coupon code (which may not be available to everyone), to be in a certain subsection of users, etc. Some of these discounts we don't even know about. There's simply no way to track all of these. The price history shows the lowest listed price for the given day for the two main subsection of users (Daz+ and non-Daz+ members). 

I get what you are saying. I'm not asking for a prediction of the discount prices. I'm just wondering if all the prices on the timeline could also show what percentage they are off the regular price. For example, if the regular price is $20.50 and one day it was on sale for $10.25, it would say the $10.25 on the timeline and 50%. I mean, it's easy to see at a glance if an item was 50% off but not quite as easy if it was 70%, 75%, 80% or anywhere in between. It would just be a quick reference to see what percent the discount was for the store prices on any given day.

Post edited by Quasar on
    edited March 2022

Quasar said:

Ati said:

Quasar said:

I get what you are saying. I'm not asking for a prediction of the discount prices. I'm just wondering if all the prices on the timeline could also show what percentage they are off the regular price. For example, if the regular price is $20.50 and one day it was on sale for $10.25, it would say the $10.25 on the timeline and 50%. I mean, it's easy to see at a glance if an item was 50% off but not quite as easy if it was 70%, 75%, 80% or anywhere in between. It would just be a quick reference to see what percent the discount was for the store prices on any given day.

There is no way to know those prices that you only get by using a discount code only available to some people. The shown prices are the official prices, the ones everyone could get on that day.

Plus, it wouldn't be fair to compare the current prices to prices in the past that you might not have been able to get anyway.

Post edited by Ati on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,874
    edited March 2022

Ati said:

Quasar said:

Ati said:

Quasar said:

There is no way to know those prices that you only get by using a discount code only available to some people. The shown prices are the official prices, the ones everyone could get on that day.

Plus, it wouldn't be fair to compare the current prices to prices in the past that you might not have been able to get anyway.

I don't think Quasar is asking for anything related to coupon discounts or any type or exclusive limited availability discount. I interpreted the request as something much more straightforward. When we hover over any part of the price graph, a little box pops up showing a date and a price. I think Quasar is simply asking for that popup to also show what percent off that price corresponds to. So in my attached screenshot example, the popup would show 78% Off in addition to the $10 price, because $10 is 78% (rounded) off of the base price of $44.95. It sounds like a useful suggestion.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 101047.jpg
    458 x 233 - 21K
    Post edited by barbult on

Yeah, we talked about it in private. I misunderstood. The problem with showing percentages is that the base price of products can change over time. I fear they would cause lots of confusion. 50% of a $10 product is $5, but if the price goes up to $12, then even though the product was only discounted 50%, showing that would be inaccurate because it wasn't $6. Showing the discount based on the current price would be inaccurate again. It wasn't a 58% discount as it would have been if the product was priced at $12 back then. We could have a whole lot of info in there: back then, the base price was X, and based on that price, the discount was Y, but showing the factual price seems the least misunderstandable to me.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 622

I checked that my information was there before posting and it was. I recall at one point my email address was registered with all caps and I'd entered the form on the page with no caps. I'm curious what would make the feature stop working. It's been fine. Now it's treating me as if I've never been a user of the system.

How can this be corrected?

I've put my email in multiple times, both with and without caps. I used the PIN I was sent. Nothing I've done lets me set a price notification.

ArtsyDragon said:

I checked that my information was there before posting and it was. I recall at one point my email address was registered with all caps and I'd entered the form on the page with no caps. I'm curious what would make the feature stop working. It's been fine. Now it's treating me as if I've never been a user of the system.

How can this be corrected?

I've put my email in multiple times, both with and without caps. I used the PIN I was sent. Nothing I've done lets me set a price notification.

Could you please send me your email address in a private message? I'll check what's going on with it. 

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

Ati said:

Yeah, we talked about it in private. I misunderstood. The problem with showing percentages is that the base price of products can change over time. I fear they would cause lots of confusion. 50% of a $10 product is $5, but if the price goes up to $12, then even though the product was only discounted 50%, showing that would be inaccurate because it wasn't $6. Showing the discount based on the current price would be inaccurate again. It wasn't a 58% discount as it would have been if the product was priced at $12 back then. We could have a whole lot of info in there: back then, the base price was X, and based on that price, the discount was Y, but showing the factual price seems the least misunderstandable to me.

Once we were on the same page in private chat, Ati explained how changes to the base price would skew the percentages on the timeline. It would be misleading if the percentages changed over time after a base price increase. I see where that would cause confusion and alter perceptions. It would be cool if the add-on could lock in the percentages, but I know that's not how it works. Even if it could, a base price increase would mean that the new discount price at say, 60%, would be higher than it was at 60% when the base price was lower.

I could still see how the percentages would be useful even if they change over time. If the lowest price in a year started at 70% and eventually changed to 80% because of a base price increase, you could see at a glance that a 90% coupon would beat that past price, or if adding 3 products to the cart to get that product to an 80% discount would exactly match that products lowest store price on the timeline. However, I do get what Ati means about showing only the most accurate information.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Is there a way to show the very welcome "Recent Best" price information on the product page as well as showing it after it has been added to the cart? I knew I had seen it but couldn't remember where until I put something in my cart.

One minor update needed - the Options Page link to this forum thread needs to be updated as it still takes us to the old (closed) thread.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

Is there any way I can hide the bundles I don't own but I own all the pieces.  For example, Sadie Bundle pack shows I didn't get, but I got all three Sadie products in the bundle.  I have Sadie and the two outfits.  An another example is the starter bundles for Daz figures if I get the pro bundles I already have everything in the starter bundles but it is still shown as unowned.

Sfariah said:

Is there any way I can hide the bundles I don't own but I own all the pieces.  For example, Sadie Bundle pack shows I didn't get, but I got all three Sadie products in the bundle.  I have Sadie and the two outfits.  An another example is the starter bundles for Daz figures if I get the pro bundles I already have everything in the starter bundles but it is still shown as unowned.

If you have everything from a bundle, but not the bundle itself, technically you still don't own the bundle, so that's correct. There are days when you can get certain bundles for just the price of unowned items, which in this case should be free, so that's a good time to clean these up.

As for hiding these: you can click the "Hide this product from listings" button on the product page—since the store changeover this does not hide the item from the category itself, but it does still suppress any notifications about it from us. (On the todo list this one goes as well.)

marble said:

Is there a way to show the very welcome "Recent Best" price information on the product page as well as showing it after it has been added to the cart? I knew I had seen it but couldn't remember where until I put something in my cart.

If you have the price history turned on, that shows the recent best prices—even the frequency of the sales the item had in the past. 

Email notifications for new items of the day have been turned off for a while after the category changes and the product page changes. As far as I'm aware, the product pages are now back to the old style for everyone. Assuming this is what's going to be kept for a while, I have re-enabled the notifications for new items (filterable by your favorite artists, if you like).

Okay. I need to get on my computer and open chrome 

• daisuki.nekomusumedaisuki.nekomusume Posts: 84
    edited April 2022

Due to the [rather poor] search on the forums I could not find an answer to this on here:

Is DazDeals supposed to work on Brave or not? I am testing Brave and nothing seems to be happening from the DD plugin side of things...

TIA!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Due to the [rather poor] search on the forums I could not find an answer to this on here:

Is DazDeals supposed to work on Brave or not? I am testing Brave and nothing seems to be happening from the DD plugin side of things...

As far as I'm aware, the Chrome version of the addon (installed from the Chrome store) works in Brave browsers. 

• Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

As far as I'm aware, the Chrome version of the addon (installed from the Chrome store) works in Brave browsers. 

I'll remove and reinstall and check...

Thanks!

• Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

I removed and reinstalled from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions (as linked in the extensions setting page), but it still doesn't work. I turned OFF the Brave Shields, but no difference...
    It works fine for me on Firefox and Chrome...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641

I would like to get DAZ Deals for Chrome setup on my new android phone (Samsung Galaxy); but I can't seem to find it. Is there a version that works on android phones?

edited April 2022

Charlie Judge said:

I would like to get DAZ Deals for Chrome setup on my new android phone (Samsung Galaxy); but I can't seem to find it. Is there a version that works on android phones?

IIRC the Android version of Chrome is on a completely different framework, so plugins aren't supported on the Android Chrome build.

However there are 3rd party Chromium based browsers for Android that *do* support them... IIRC Dolphin Browser is one of them (I don't use Android much...) 

EDIT:
    A quick DDG search gave me this:

The only way that you’ll be able to use Chrome extensions on your Android device is by using another Chromium browser. Luckily for you, there are many good chromium-based browsers available for Android that also support Chrome extensions. Here are a few of our favorite chromium browsers to look at:

• Yandex (most popular option)
    • Kiwi Browser
    • Bromite Browser
    • Dolphin Browser
    Post edited by daisuki.nekomusume on
  • daisuki.nekomusume said:

Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

I removed and reinstalled from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions (as linked in the extensions setting page), but it still doesn't work. I turned OFF the Brave Shields, but no difference...

I tried on a separate PC, and there it works just fine on Brave...

So why not this one... Hmmmmmm... 

• daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

I completely removed Brave (incl. any data folders) and reinstalled it, and now the plugin seems to be working...

I'll keep an eye on it!  ;) 

daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

I completely removed Brave (incl. any data folders) and reinstalled it, and now the plugin seems to be working...

I'll keep an eye on it!  ;) 

Thanks for the feedback. That was my understanding, too, that it should work. I don't use the Brave browser myself, but it was known to work. I pinger @Overdrawn just in case, but if it works for you now, then that's great! :)

Charlie Judge said:

daisuki.nekomusume mentioned a couple of browsers. Kiwi is what I'm aware of--apparently there are a couple more, which is always good. I included this question in my ping to Overdrawn as well to see if we have a full list of supported Android browsers.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited April 2022

Ati said:

Charlie Judge said:

daisuki.nekomusume mentioned a couple of browsers. Kiwi is what I'm aware of--apparently there are a couple more, which is always good. I included this question in my ping to Overdrawn as well to see if we have a full list of supported Android browsers.

Thanks

Update: It looks like I now have it working in Kiwi except for the amount spent on the orders page which is not important to me to have working on my phone.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited April 2022

Ok... I now have a question that perhaps @Overdrawn or @Ati might have an answer for...

The price graph on Brave is MUCH shorter than it is on my Firefox:

2022-04-06 20_56_23-Teerah Mooar _ Daz 3D.png
    499 x 530 - 40K
    2022-04-06 20_55_59-Teerah Mooar _ Daz 3D - Brave.png
    555 x 503 - 35K
    Post edited by daisuki.nekomusume on

You can set the time range of the graph to be short (up to a month) or long (up to a year) in the options page.

• Ati said:

You can set the time range of the graph to be short (up to a month) or long (up to a year) in the options page.

Yeah, I just found it by myself and came here to say NM!  :P

Thanks... Is that a new setting? I cannot remember setting that before... 

Thanks... Is that a new setting? I cannot remember setting that before... 

It's not new, we've always had this setting.

I just noticed that when I select the PlatClub coupon it still shows the Daz giftcard.  I would love to convert that coupon to gift card to use for later, but I understand why that insn't in Daz's best intrests.

Why does te Daz gift card item still show up with the Plat Club coupon?  Also isn't it the Daz + coupon now?