Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Hello I have a question related to artwork transfer?

Can a friend make artwork then email it to me for rendering? He is making several for our projects that if we both can render would help cut time down.

Thank you

Amandalynn

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,220

Hello I have a question related to artwork transfer?

Can a friend make artwork then email it to me for rendering? He is making several for our projects that if we both can render would help cut time down.

Thank you

Amandalynn

Only if you also own the assets. He would send you the scene file (duf) which would reference the assets. If you own the assets, it will be able to load them on your computer.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I have two separate computers — a Mac and a Windows machine — and transfer scenes from the Mac to the Windows box all the time for rendering.  The requirement here is that the friend and you must both have the same products installed on both machines.  If you add other files (e.g., a background image file), that also has to be copied onto both.

• KhajiirahKhajiirah Posts: 10

Hi there,

My Name is Sam, im new to DAZ and have no clue how this all works, but at least i'm happy and that is all that counts! =)

• "Hello there"

"General Keno........" :-)

My name is Hani Hamid from Malaysia, And im eager to learn using Daz in hoping to make my own 3d comics someday~~~~~~~

• marcelle19marcelle19 Posts: 171

I can't seem to find the Start A New Thread function, so I'm introducing myself here.

Hi - my name is Bill and I want to learn how to use DAZ Studio, especially to do figures, men, women.

Of course, I also need to do backgrounds and learn how to render objects that the figures hold, etc.

Total Newbie. Downloaded everything in the Install Manager. Adobe Bridge won't work with PS 7, apparently?

Anyhow, that's my rambling introduction. Hi, ya'll! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

To post a new thread you need to click on the       NEW DISCUSSION        button

• marcelle19marcelle19 Posts: 171

Thank you.

• I'm mainly interested in daz3d to put together a character for my D&D games.  Human male with a variety of scars and whip marks.  Basically just trying to pick out pre-made items to mix and match.  I'm focusing on Genesis 8 Male which has the male characters that I want and I assume is more advanced than Genesis 3.  What is the difference between them?  Can I get a item for Genisus 3 and use it for Genisus 8 stuff?

Also anyplace I can possibly commission someone to help get a character setup with scars that I can then dress and pose like I want?

• Hello everyone !! My name is Mir Adnan Asadi and m just beginer on 3D modeling before i was working on 2D sampling and modeling of Textiles and innovations but the thing which compelled me to start learning 3D is the modern compititive and future 3D scope for career so happy to be here. 

• daer-thingdaer-thing Posts: 59

Hello DAZ forums.I've been lurking around for a while, but decided to jump into the Daz-world only a few weeks ago and now just discovering how deep this rabbit hole is. I'm completely noob and sort of overwhelmed by all the things and options but curious and eager to learn, hoping to some day being able to create pretty art :3

• Hello everybody. My name is "Dee". I suspect I'm the newest to DAZ 3D... It's been about one week.

I'm working on a live-stage musical production but most recently decided to explore the possibility of producing some animated videos using some sophisticated software. DAZ 3D seems right up my alley.  Now all I have to do is learn how to use it. (lol)

Any (and all) help (or questions) is/are welcome.

• Hi, my name is Andreas and I'm from Hamburg in Germany. I've been trying my hands on this whole topic since Poser 4.03 but always lost interest on it because my PCs were always on the weaker side. Therefore it was just not fun to engage with Poser/Daz. Now my brother rekindled my interst in Daz and last week I ordered me some new PC components. My old PC needed hours to complete even the simpliest pictures, but now I even can use the IRAY Preview in the Viewport. 

Looking forward to create some Art and learn more about Daz, Picture composition etc.

Are there any good Tutorials for someone like me, who knows the basics but not the things you must know?

• workfb said:

I'm very knew.  I want too order a few things, but I don't know how the products work, or how the installations happen.  Is it simply copying and pasting files to be incorporated into folders and then restarting?

I'm still green in my quest to learn DAZ but I can help with this question.  When you download DAZ Studio there are 2 other free downloads.  One is DAZ Install Manager.  This is a great tool to download your purchases.  Once you have installed both DAZ Studio and the Install Manager, make your purchased.  After you finish your purchase there will be a green install download button.  When you click on that green button it will open and sign you into your Install Manager and a list of what you have purchased in the first tab(Ready to Download).  Click on what you want to install then click the START QUEUE at the bottom.  Let it run it's course and then open DAZ and your purchases should be installed.

That's it.  Hope this is helpful

Deana

• My name is Joel ... and I'm an Australian Trekkie. Found daz3d a few months ago.

• Hello, my name is Lucky (it really is) and I am a gamer, somewhat lazy artist, and I like to write stories. I was looking for a way to put imagery to my stories and so here I am :).

• Greetings to everyone I have yet to meet. My name is John Caruso and I live in upstate NY. I am pretty new to DAZ, although I have been using Bryce since it came out free with the release of Bryce 5.5. Until this I was envious of all the SyFy (is this a real word now?) pics I'd seen. After making pictures for so long I decided it was time to put people and other items in my pics. More about me... I am widowed as of last year after 35 great years, I am 67 until September 8, my eyes and hair are brown, and the rest is subject to change whenever. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with:where are the templates stored in the program? I have a few but DIM won't install them. If it would be easier to answer this, for myself, my email is: [email protected] I hope to eventually become part of the community and in the future, when I know better what I am doing, to be able to help other newbies like myself at this particular point in time. To everyone I don't know yet, hello again and I hope to start meeting everyone soon. For the moment, have a great night (or day, depending on where you live).
  • DandeneDandene Posts: 162

Hello!  My name is Dandene and I've been dabbling with Daz for about a year now.  I decided it was time to jump into the forums (I've been a lurker since I started using DAZ).  I mainly use DAZ for inspiration for my books.  I find rendering scenes from my stories really encourage me to keep writing.    

• Hello,

My name is Rory and I'm new to DAZ Studio/ Animation all together. I love it, but am running into a few gaps. I've learned how to create AniBlocks, but i'm not understanding how to throw an object (i get it to spin and move forward) and have the object stop at certain point. It keep going back to the beginning of the simulation. Any ideas?

• SelekSelek Posts: 70

Hello all,

I'm a "traditional" artist in real life, but I've long dabbled in digital art too, including some 3D modeling in Blender and ZBrush, and animating in Poser.  I'm curious what people use with the 2D images they generate in Daz 3D.  Is the most popular use to put them in 2D games as sprites?  Or to use as art in graphic novels, say?  Or is it mostly hobbyists who just enjoy making CGI images?

I'm also curious who the market is for art made by Published Artists (PAs).  Is it mostly people who want 3D assets for games or building stuff in Second Life or whatnot?

Anyway, I'm glad to be here.  Daz Studio is an impressive program.

• nehleonehleo Posts: 20

Hi my name is Nehl. Loving Daz, trying to figure out the hardware needed, mostly the GPU, but loving it.

• Hello everybody I'm Collins, will love to improve my rendering ability,first how do i improve this my first image that I rendered? Plz help anybody. Modeled in zbrush nd rendered with with daz
    IMG_-o2xoly.jpg
    990 x 569 - 185K
  • Hello folks, I am Angel and since recently downloaded the Daz studio and can not wait to be working with it soon... However before I do I wanted to get in here and say hello as well as a little introduction ^^

• Hello Everyone, I am not completely new to DAZ but I am new enough to say I dont have it all figured out yet. I am still a newbie when it comes to a lot of the controls of DAZ, but I am here to learn and if you will allow I will ask questions from time to time. So about me, I am from Nashville, Tn and I work in IT Management. I have a loveable cat named Alice Pickles and I play computer games (MMORPGS), Meatloaf is a good food, but I prefer grilled chickens or steaks.  I enjoy music of all varieties, horror movies, and board games with friends. I like Star trek over Star wars .. I know there is more about me, but for now I think this is enough. So Hello and Thank you for this forum.

-Miranda

• sofaxsofax Posts: 37

Hey, guys!

After working with Daz Studio for a couple of weeks I thought the time might be right to say hello to you all! I haven't had my focus on Graphics for the past 30+ years (after deciding NOT to make it my day job), but this is going to change now. :)

Happy rendering,

Steffen

• Hello everyone my name is Jessica and I am a single mother of three boys. I have a special needs child that I love t death and I love to talk about. But I do get emotional when I talk about what he has been through in his 11 years. 

I was inspired on daz3d when I became a tagger through facebook. I started getting interested in posers more then other tubes. I have downloaded the program and I sorta didn't understand how to start. I have 16 year old who is going to college for game design and I was't sure if it would be the same program or not so I just asked on how I start the program and he got on and was working his way around daz3d and he was pretty good. So I started playing around with it and I think I may ahve the hang of things but I do have othr questions. But I will ask around the forum. 

I am planning on going to college for web design. I love my graphics and I see myself getting better at it. 

• Hello everyone smiley

My name is Eli (among artist communities better known as Eligo). I'm an amateur photographer and digital artist who loves fantasy, surreal and conceptual artwork. Last year I've started to create t-shirt design (which can be used for other products too). I've been DAZ3D user for 3 years and I mostly use female and male characters for photomanipulation. It is my fave digital art form since I like to work with mixed media. Today I've uploaded my first artwork to DAZ gallery and I'm looking forward to share more work in the future. My fave food is pizza and pasta, ice cream and watermelon (among others cheeky) I mostly drink coffe, coke and fresh smooties. 

For those who'd like to see what I'm doing here is the link to my website https://eligodesign.com

• Heya folks, I go by CrimsonFreak. 

Got into Daz on a whim after seeing some artwork on DeviantArt; ever since then I've been hooked--blew me away how easy it is to use, and I'm always experimenting with new light and camera tricks. Mainly into setting up fantasy/sci-fi scenes.

And...that's about it!

• Hello, my name is Salvatore
    I entered the world of 3D thanks to video games, video animations, and (yes lol...) music.
    now I'm here and for about 7 months I've been studying 3D for a future project of mine.

that's all :)

• Hi, Im new and need help.  I have Daz Studio 4.11 pro and I installed the plugin Goz for Daz 4.11.

When I send from Zbrush 2019 to Daz Studio Pro, Daz Studio crashes.  Is there a stable version of Goz or something I need to tweek?