Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Hello,

SP here, I started off in the 90s using PovRay. I've been away from 3d art for a while and a lot has changed. I have much to learn, but Daz works very well for me, much to the distress of my wallet.

cheers all!

• Hi!
    I've been using DazStudio for a while now to create art to present with music I produce.

A friend recently asked me if I could do the art for a book she's writing and that made me want to learn DazStudio more in depth, to be able to tweak everything to her liking. I'm using zBrush as well to make morphs and props but I have a long long way to go still before I can call myself at least moderate at this :P

It's great fun though and I'm looking forward to learn more, partly from exerementing and partly from you guys :)
    Cya around!

• Hey everybody,

Im mostly dl this software to set up layouts for my comic panels which i then screencap and trace in manga studio.Anyone else do anything like this? formerly i was using easy poser on my tablet and then emailing the caps to myself on the desktop and....it was working but a nightmare. Anyway any suggestions from anyone doing anything similar?

thanks alot!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,921
    Gmork said:

Hey everybody,

Im mostly dl this software to set up layouts for my comic panels which i then screencap and trace in manga studio.Anyone else do anything like this? formerly i was using easy poser on my tablet and then emailing the caps to myself on the desktop and....it was working but a nightmare. Anyway any suggestions from anyone doing anything similar?

thanks alot!

I'm doing a comic as well but I use the 3d look, You can read if you click on the banner in my signature ;)

there are several threads concerning the making of comic in the art thread, e.g. this one https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/228061/3d-comic-book-tips-and-pictures#latest

• Hello, I just want to create some short animations. Never used any program, I'm a noob, so any help would be appreciated!

• rhammerbeckrhammerbeck Posts: 2
    edited October 2018

Hello, the name is Flem (clears throat..), and I have a quick question. Is there a source for hair bundles for Genesis 8 female and male, with hair that will look good pre rendering? 

Thanks in advance

Post edited by rhammerbeck on
  • Hi everyone, I know its a bit late of an introduction since its my first time using the forums though am already archiving in the galleries. My name's Gavin and am from the Philippines.  Though am into using Autocad and Revit, Daz is quite a try. Anyway looking forward to using the forums to help develop my skills in the 3d industry.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1314786/ ;

• Hi! My name is Hampus, and i'm completely new to DAZ3D but i've seen what the program can do in various forums and i'm thrilled to get started, so far i have only scrathed the surface, but what i want to know, is how can i make my models look like they do when i purchase them? :) Like the " preview " pictures shows how they will look, because they don't look like that at all :D 

• Hi! My name is Hampus, and i'm completely new to DAZ3D but i've seen what the program can do in various forums and i'm thrilled to get started, so far i have only scrathed the surface, but what i want to know, is how can i make my models look like they do when i purchase them? :) Like the " preview " pictures shows how they will look, because they don't look like that at all :D 

Yes, but - the promo images are very carefully lit and composed, and are typically allowed to render for a long time (relatively) to take advantage of the lighting. Also, elements that are not part of the product (props, clothes, hair, or whatever) may have non-default settings and some post work (overall tone mapping, and modification or addition of stuff that doesn't affect the product itself (so particle effects of flares, for example) is allowed in promo images.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 298
    edited October 2018

I'm am late on an introduction here myself.  DAZ is not completely new to me, I remember buying DAZ when it was not free.  I used it occasionally.  I am really impressed with the current version and find it nicer to use in some ways than Poser.  I absolutely love Bryce and have been using it since the 5.5 version.  I have dabbled with creating gaming mods and content and have become fairly proficient with texturing 3D models and enjoy photography using Photoshop.

Since I have upgraded my computer to handle 3D art, (not the latest or greatest compared to some) I am hoping to produce some work and hopefully some of my own 3D models.  The only item I am lacking is an upgraded GPU--they are fairly expensive.  Although I have been around, I am still new to many of the concepts with DAZ characters and have many newbie questions  (Like can you mix Gen 3 with Gen 8?)---the forums have been a great help.  I recently learned how to get things organized within the DAZ library and working on a hard drive backup plan before I get very involved.  I will be retiring in a few years and want something to do--maybe even try my hand at selling my wares.  RitaAnn

Post edited by Rasberri on
  • Hi, all.  I'm Big Kahuna, more a writer than an artist.  I hope you don't mind if I ask the occasional question.  I'm in awe of some you folks.  The work that you put out is stunning.

• Hi Folks. My name is Flem Stetson, and I'm relatively new to Daz3D. I used Poser for years, although admittedly on an amateur level compared to the unbelievable quality I see coming from other artists. My question is this. In poser there were quite a few types of hair that would look pretty natural, without rendering. I don't render anything. I like to create work knowing exactly what it will look like, plus my PC is just too wimpy to handle rendering my complicated scenes in any respectable amount of time, if at all. So I would like to know if there's a hair bundle I can purchase with different types of hair that look reasonably natural without rendering? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Hello everyone,

my name is alfonso. I'm a complete nood to daz3d, I have a very small background use in zbrush but not very skilled there as well. Hope to meet some interestng people looking to learn as much as i am wink

• Hello!  My name is Melanie.  I had someone create files for me using DAZ - unfortunately, he was not able to render them do to a large project he took on. I have 40 files that I need to have rendered to 600DPI.  Where can I go to get help with this?  I have PNG files and DUF files.  I;m not sure they are saved correctly.  But I need to have these images done fast.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

• Hello!  My name is Melanie.  I had someone create files for me using DAZ - unfortunately, he was not able to render them do to a large project he took on. I have 40 files that I need to have rendered to 600DPI.  Where can I go to get help with this?  I have PNG files and DUF files.  I;m not sure they are saved correctly.  But I need to have these images done fast.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Couple of things. A DS scene is not self-contained, the people doing the rendering will need to own licenses for the content (you can't just give them yours). Also 600PPI is just \ measure of the size of the pixels when printed - you also need to give the image size in inches, or just the size in pixels since PPI isn't set in DS.

• hi_36003285hi_36003285 Posts: 1
    edited November 2018

Hi everyone. My name is Todd.

1. I'm first and foremost an artist, having started out in traditional media (painting + drawing + photography) + the last few years focusing on motion design, i.e. After Effects, C4D, etc.
    2. Inspiration = looking at other people's work, music, life experiences, and in turn, reflection and emotion.
    3. Aspirations = inspire others and transmit messages and storytelling in unique and effective ways that dazzle, frazzle, and stimulate.
    4. Favorite food = coffee + steak + eggs.
    5. Favorite musicians = Robin Trower + Gary Clark Jr + Billy Corgan + Danny Elfman  + More... (I also play guitar).
    6. Unique = Don't trust the man. Don't drink the Kool-Aid. Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't believe everything you think.
    7. Loveable = Humor + Heart + Intellect  + Mindfulness.

I look forward to e-meeting some of you and sharing ideas. My reel/work samples can be found HERE.

Thank you!

Post edited by hi_36003285 on
  • hello my name is mauricio

• Me myself honestly, i just build to make others happy, i spend all my time in the virtual reality scene creating many contraptions and overall large maps.however.. i came across Daz and thought.. why not i own everything else, so its bound to pay off in the end. :P

• Hi everyone,

My name is Lric.  I'm not new to 3d since I started using Poser in '95 when it first came out and then was using Vue after that.  But...life got busy and I haven't rendered anything for 10-15 years.  Life slowed down and here I am back at this odd addiction.  It's sooooo much better now!  I look forward to droolin' over everyone else's mad skilz and maybe learning some of my own.  I render therfore I am...Descarte (and de horse)

• Hello, 

If somone can shed some light on when executing Daz to Maya script on a rigged character, the mesh unbinds from the rig.  Attachment tells it all.  It was working for a few days and now this happens?  Anyone have an idea.  Using Daz 4.10 and Maya 2018☺

-PG☺

2018-11-14_0011.png
    1852 x 893 - 155K
  • Howdy all!

Not exactly new to Daz, (been buying content since MayaDoll) but finally ready to commit to Studio. Let me explain...

I'm a looooong time Poser user (every version since PP4), and like a comfortable pair of shoes, it's hard to give up. But after so long it's just not worth repairing the shoes any more. I've dabbled with Studio in the past, and did more than a little headscratching with it's design decisions and user interface (again, skewed poser thinking) and never got too far with it. Well, it's time to finally and completely jump the Poser ship and learn Studio in earnest. This means uninstalling Poser.

But...what I'm looking for is a complete package, not just the core Studio software. I'm looking for all the bells and whistles, plugins, whatever. And what that will cost. Studio can produce some outrightly stunning renders, and I'm guessing the overall user experience is enhanced with addons and this is what I'm looking for.

Is there such a package?

Or will it have to piecemealed together? And if that is so, can someone suggest list of components/plugs? Cost really doesn't matter as it'll probably be way cheaper than what I have spent (or will spend on upgrades) on Poser. (or Vue and Cinema4D, which are both collecting dust right now).

I already have some experience and content  (iray/materials, hdm lighting, etc) from a previous Studio attempt (core 4.9 something) but the renders turned out flat, flat, flat, totally unimpressive, and again, I'm guessing it had to do with needing help with addon packages. And, being disappointed in the results, what did I do? Went back to my old comfortabe shoes, thats what.

Well no more old shoes.

My system is a 6 core i7, 32GB ram, gobs of storage, with two Nvidia cards; GTX 1080 (8 GB) and a 12 GB Titan for rendering with Octane. I also have a seperate network render farm for Octane with 6 GTX 1070s. 

I'm not in any way new to the 3D render game, just Studio...sorta. Kinda.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Sam

• Howdy all!

Not exactly new to Daz, (been buying content since MayaDoll) but finally ready to commit to Studio. Let me explain...

I'm a looooong time Poser user (every version since PP4), and like a comfortable pair of shoes, it's hard to give up. But after so long it's just not worth repairing the shoes any more. I've dabbled with Studio in the past, and did more than a little headscratching with it's design decisions and user interface (again, skewed poser thinking) and never got too far with it. Well, it's time to finally and completely jump the Poser ship and learn Studio in earnest. This means uninstalling Poser.

But...what I'm looking for is a complete package, not just the core Studio software. I'm looking for all the bells and whistles, plugins, whatever. And what that will cost. Studio can produce some outrightly stunning renders, and I'm guessing the overall user experience is enhanced with addons and this is what I'm looking for.

Is there such a package?

Or will it have to piecemealed together? And if that is so, can someone suggest list of components/plugs? Cost really doesn't matter as it'll probably be way cheaper than what I have spent (or will spend on upgrades) on Poser. (or Vue and Cinema4D, which are both collecting dust right now).

I already have some experience and content  (iray/materials, hdm lighting, etc) from a previous Studio attempt (core 4.9 something) but the renders turned out flat, flat, flat, totally unimpressive, and again, I'm guessing it had to do with needing help with addon packages. And, being disappointed in the results, what did I do? Went back to my old comfortabe shoes, thats what.

Well no more old shoes.

My system is a 6 core i7, 32GB ram, gobs of storage, with two Nvidia cards; GTX 1080 (8 GB) and a 12 GB Titan for rendering with Octane. I also have a seperate network render farm for Octane with 6 GTX 1070s. 

I'm not in any way new to the 3D render game, just Studio...sorta. Kinda.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Sam

It would depend on what you mean by all the bells and whistles - there are a lot of things that are fairly niche, such as those targeting particular external applications or files format support (MDD or Alembic export) for example.

• Hello all, MG here. I'm a 2D artist who occasionally use 3D services to help me plan out complicated and bust scenes, especially for when I need repeated consistency for sequential art. 

• Hello, I am just starting to mess with Daz. There is a lot to learn, I think thats why I like it! It is quite the challange. I have to say I have seen some very talented members here while reading through the forums and checking out the galleries. I hope some day I will be able to produce some quality renders myself.

Earl

• Bom dia Galera!!! ops, Good Morning People!! My name is Marcos and I'm from Brazil, I'm new in DAZ and probably a noob.

I've got a doubt, can I make my own clothes to use in daz studio, and how can I make it appears in the content and smart content?

People I'm very happy to be here, the little I sawof the program I really liked.

• Hello my name is Roger. I've been using DAZ 3D for several years now, but I've been using it mainly to create still characters for another program. I'm only now beginning to learn all the features the program has, and how to use them. Think it's fantastic. Right now I'm having a little trouble though. All of my Knight Hall props show up pure white when I render them, and so far no matter how much I play with the settings whether render ones or otherwise, parameters, lighting, and surface settings I cannot seem to make them come out the way they are supposed to. I would hate to stop using those because they do not show up in my renders. Never had any trouble before this rendering anything, and it even renders my own creations perfectly. So why are these props different. If it did that with other things I would think it was my graphics card, but it is only these props. Anyone else ever have that problem, and is there a fix.  

• The name is Pictoric, I've been working o imvu avis for the past 10 years, & editing them for Instagram. I found this place & I'm so happy to try my hand at it, maybe take it to a new level. being creative runs I my blood.

• Hi my name is Steve I'm an old new guy. I'm trying visually create a scene from something I wrote but some of my characters are blue from head to foot, from a pale sky blue to a really dark shade, it's dependant on age and they are all women. Does anyone know if there are any skins in the store that colour? If not how does one change an exsisting skin to that colour? Some help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Thank you for a quick respone I've had a go at getting the figures in the right poses and composing the actual scene. Backgrounds are troublesome at the moment because I cannot find one that fits exactly. As you say I have a lot to learn. The lighting is problem too I happy with what I've managed to achieve so far. The blue skins are a problem though.  Thank you

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    dukes1515 said:

Thank you for a quick respone I've had a go at getting the figures in the right poses and composing the actual scene. Backgrounds are troublesome at the moment because I cannot find one that fits exactly. As you say I have a lot to learn. The lighting is problem too I happy with what I've managed to achieve so far. The blue skins are a problem though.  Thank you

hi and welcome

Your best bet is to make yourself a thread in the New Users Forum    with your questions in it  

Post edited by Chohole on