Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place/incorrectly...

Hello everyone -

I’d like to explain something before I ask my question…

Almost 2 years ago, I had a massive heart attack. I spent a long time in the hospital, and wasn’t expected to live. But, as you can ‘see’, I proved the doctors wrong, to their delight. Sometimes when people have very bad heart attacks they suffer something called an ‘anoxic brain injury’…a fancy way of saying the brain went without oxygen for an extended period, sometimes causing massive brain damage. I did not, thankfully and for some unknown reason, suffer that fate. The only things I seem to notice from the event now are the following:

I have trouble sometimes following lists of things, or steps to do.
    I can take a deep breath, and push through it, but sometimes it’s very hard.

I used to teach computer hardware and software, and made my living as an art director/creative director/painter/illustrator/3d viz artist, etc for about 30 years.

When I woke up in the hospital and then came home a month later, when I walked in my office and turned on the light, I couldn’t even remember how to turn my computer on (I have a trashcan mac pro), yeah, with no buttons…LOL

Finally a couple days later, I worked up the courage and went back in my office, and just stood there. Already a long story, I’ll make it short. I remembered finally where the power button was, how to turn on everything, etc…

Then the fun started. When I went to the hospital, my girlfriend came back home and realized all my equipment was still turned on. She’s not a computer person, so what I -think- she did was just unplug things to turn them off.

There was a lot, a - lot - of data that I lost, that I’ve been trying to recover. Most of what I lost was my daz Content directory. I’m still working on that now. It’s slow going, but I’m doing my best.

— so here’s my question, if you’ve been able to bear with me so far —

I had my main daz directory on an external drive, and I’ve been slowly migrating/restoring that directory onto another external drive. Daz has also installed items on my internal mac drive (which I definitely DON’T want, and would love to move to my external drive, so possibly some insight into doing that would be awesome…), but what I’ve been thinking of doing is getting another external hard drive, making another daz content directory on that drive, and as I purchase new items have daz install them to THAT new drive, keeping the ‘pre-heart attack’ drive separate from the new one…Is there anyone that can tell me how/what to do so that when I purchase an item on the daz store, that when it installs I can tell it to install to my new external drive, with the new daz Content directory on it, instead of my internal drive, which I don’t want filling up with Daz items?

So, so sorry for the long-winded post, but I thought I needed to explain things…

All the best and thank you in advance!

Dru

• Hello my name is Leonard. I am a little confused about how posts disappear. Yesterday I was reading about the difference between Daz Connect and the DIM. I am new and just installed DAZ and did not know if I used Connect or DIM and after reading the posts I understood. When I went back today the section was closed and their was one post left. I was being helped in the commons section on how to setup poser content and I went back and it was gone. This was titled poser props. I had some problems with and posted alot and had nice resolution and posted my thanks to the DAZ staff and that is gone. All this is very recent. I have been  around 3d forums and dont remember them disappearing and closing unless their was bad animosity and serious disputes or real bad words .I sure hope I can get the help I need on some of the processes of the software. 

• Hello my name is Leonard. I am a little confused about how posts disappear. Yesterday I was reading about the difference between Daz Connect and the DIM. I am new and just installed DAZ and did not know if I used Connect or DIM and after reading the posts I understood. When I went back today the section was closed and their was one post left. I was being helped in the commons section on how to setup poser content and I went back and it was gone. This was titled poser props. I had some problems with and posted alot and had nice resolution and posted my thanks to the DAZ staff and that is gone. All this is very recent. I have been  around 3d forums and dont remember them disappearing and closing unless their was bad animosity and serious disputes or real bad words .I sure hope I can get the help I need on some of the processes of the software. 

In geenral if you have queries like this please contact the forum team. The Poser content thread is here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5233226/#Comment_5233226 and seems complete. There is a thread on DIM and Connect to which you posted here, again it seems complete https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5233276/#Comment_5233276

• Hi there,

I'm a fashion student hoping to use this program to pattern draft clothing I've designed and fit to one of the avatars. Can you tell me if there are pre-set patterns or would I need to import a pattern in to trace?

thanks 

• km222512 said:

Hi there,

I'm a fashion student hoping to use this program to pattern draft clothing I've designed and fit to one of the avatars. Can you tell me if there are pre-set patterns or would I need to import a pattern in to trace?

thanks 

Assuming you mean Daz Studio, it isn't a content creation application. What you describe is pretty close to Marvellous Designer, though I think Blender has a tool that is not dissimilar

• Well, I can see this is going to be Big Fun!

• Hi guys, I'm really new to this whole 3D game (well, creating graphics in general).

I came here after playing a couple of games created with the Ren'Py engine, which inspired me to make my own interactive novel. I reached out to one developer who recommended using Daz3D. The fact that the base software is free is awesome.

Gonna go ahead and try and create some simple scenes and see how I get on. If not, I'll probably end up browsing the store to buy some characters and editing them to fit the scenes I want to create.

I made the mistake of trying to use my Surface Pro 4 to start with, then quickly realised I'll need my desktop which has a dedicated nVidia GTX 1650 4GB GPU.

Anyway, you'll probably see me all over the boards begging for help because I am a complete n00b!

• Hi My name is Tim but, you can call me... Tim,  I found daz way back when victory 4 was the star of the show fell in love with it right away.

What inspires me is the things people can do and the things I myself have done and will do.  Ther are so many talented artist here.

• Hello, My name is: Alex.

I got into DAZ about a month and a half ago, and It is all I've been doing 12 hours a day, everyday. It is the first time I use a 3D software that makes me want to work more, not less in it. I've stopped dabling into 3D Graphics some 15 years ago, back than, I was using Poser, Bryce, and got into Maya and Houdini at one point, than stopped pursuing these aspirations in my life. Now I find myself needing 3D again for a project, and I found DAZ3D for the first time. When I plunged into it, all my previous rusty skills came to life again. I like the tutorials and the DAZ community that I have identified online, while searching for knowledge on how to work in DAZ Studio. I am at that point now when I feel that I need to start conversations with other DAZ-ers, so I can accomplish my projects. 

• Hello all!

Mightguy15 here! I am a passionate comic artist and I love working with both 2D and 3D programs! You can read my comics here----> https://comicfury.com/profile.php?username=mightguy15

Looking forward to getting to know the community. I've been registered here a while, but this is the first time I have decided to get active of the forums.

• Hello everybody!

My name is Valerie. I'm a gamer and a geek girl, currently playing a lot of Conan Exiles. I used to draw a lot as a kids and I'm just now dipping my toe back into art. This is all completely new to me and I'm hoping to be even half as good as so many of the amazing artists I see here. 

• Wats going good, good people!! My name is Toni...but everyone calls me "Muggy". My favorite thing to do is make people beautiful inside and out. So if you haven't guessed yet, I am a nurse, sound engineer, and currently a cosmetology student. I joined this to create an awesome project for school. I love video games and is naturally multi-talented with art being definitely one of my many talents. I always love challenging myself to greater opportunities and greater goals. So here I am... Making a project for school. 

• Hello, my name is Rick Flores, I am a long time user of Poser.  I I'm not sure why, but last week I opened DAZ Studio.  I will admit, that this is been a really hard on a curve for me over the last week. I have a lot of content in my poser files that I don't seem to be able to acquire yet. What I'm thinking at this point is I have a new drive and install to the new drive and hopefully everything will install there and then I can start adding stuff from Brenda Rossi and some of the other it sites that I've used in the past. After 20+ years, of using Poser, I am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate but on the good side of this I am starting to understand some of the logic and differences in the DS set up. I am hoping that I get even a quarter of the enjoyment here that I have experienced in poser. My username will be redwulf1953, and I hope to get to know many of you, in the near future.

• rflores24 said:

Hello, my name is Rick Flores, I am a long time user of Poser.  I I'm not sure why, but last week I opened DAZ Studio.  I will admit, that this is been a really hard on a curve for me over the last week. I have a lot of content in my poser files that I don't seem to be able to acquire yet. What I'm thinking at this point is I have a new drive and install to the new drive and hopefully everything will install there and then I can start adding stuff from Brenda Rossi and some of the other it sites that I've used in the past. After 20+ years, of using Poser, I am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate but on the good side of this I am starting to understand some of the logic and differences in the DS set up. I am hoping that I get even a quarter of the enjoyment here that I have experienced in poser. My username will be redwulf1953, and I hope to get to know many of you, in the near future.

UMMM, I forgot this was DAZ and you may have's notice my name here is rflores24, but you will see some of my work on Renderocity, as redwulf1953. Sorry for the misnomer in the above comment.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    rflores24 said:
    rflores24 said:

Hello, my name is Rick Flores, I am a long time user of Poser.  I I'm not sure why, but last week I opened DAZ Studio.  I will admit, that this is been a really hard on a curve for me over the last week. I have a lot of content in my poser files that I don't seem to be able to acquire yet. What I'm thinking at this point is I have a new drive and install to the new drive and hopefully everything will install there and then I can start adding stuff from Brenda Rossi and some of the other it sites that I've used in the past. After 20+ years, of using Poser, I am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate but on the good side of this I am starting to understand some of the logic and differences in the DS set up. I am hoping that I get even a quarter of the enjoyment here that I have experienced in poser. My username will be redwulf1953, and I hope to get to know many of you, in the near future.

UMMM, I forgot this was DAZ and you may have's notice my name here is rflores24, but you will see some of my work on Renderocity, as redwulf1953. Sorry for the misnomer in the above comment.

If you want to change your name to match    https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291

Hello, my name is kylumilaugh

• Hi, my name is eternum1968. I have been using computers since 1983. My interest, from the beginning, has been graphics. I experimented with 3D a bit with 3D Studio in the early second millennium. But it didn't last long enough. Now I have taken over this wonderful world, but I'm still in its infancy. I hope to improve and be able to produce something decent.

• I write using Google Translate. Nice to meet you. We operate DAZSTUDIO and manga sites in Japan! I am glad if you can look into me.

https://mangaloid.jp/

• Hiya. (waves) I'm an independent author and I plan to use Daz to make people for my book covers. Mainly because sorting through stock photos takes too long and doesn't guarantee I'll get the pose or expression I want.

I'm planning to generate the models in Daz and add them to book covers in GIMP. I guess there's no way to do a bridge to GIMP the way there is for Photoshop, huh? Ah well -- I can import a .png or .jpg. No biggie.

• Hello and greetings from my mancave. Brand new to DAZ3D and graphic design. In fact it is only a hobby at the moment. My intial interest has been creating my interpretation of my many game toons through renders and scenic artwork. Finding close approximations of my toons' outfits has been challenging but fun. Wish I knew how to create my own outfits- maybe in time... Slow but steady progress learning DS. The tutorials have been pretty helpful so far... so thanks to DAZ for them!

Cheers!

• Hey guys,

Newcomer introducing myself. I'm Ben, graphic designer from NYC.

I've a BA in traditional animation, messed around with MAYA back in college and just learned about DAZ Studio.

I'm super excited to start learning this program, the interface looks really intuitive and enjoyable to navigate.

I'd love to ask the advanced users a few questions where to begin. Would this thread be the right place to do it?

Best

• Hello mi name is Luka, i am form Croatia, and since i am new i will need some help!!

• GuximGuxim Posts: 0

Hello fellow Daz3Ders. I'm technically a returning member on Daz3D.com but it's great to be here once more!smiley

1. I was practically locked out from my old account here because the old account is linked to an outdated email address which I can't even access anymore. The old email address was rendered inaccessible because it'd been from a recently defunct email service provider (openmailbox.org)

2. I today signed up under a new account on Daz3D by using a Gmail address instead

• Hello my name is Leonarquis...and i want to thank to the people who made this possible a free 3d product of this kind..bye the way greetings from Cuba..i hope to get on the march with this soft

• Hello, my name is Christa and I'm a hobbiest in the 3D world and enjoy creating landscapes and love to do 3D modeling. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself to this great community and to thank DAZ for their awesome software. 

P.S. Anyone heard any news on a 64 bit version of Hexagon yet? I've been using Blender for all my modeling purposes but with my download of Bryce and Daz I received Hexagon free and have enjoyed dabbling in it, even created a nice boat in it so far. If the developers read this I hope they know people are still interested ;-) *wink wink*

• lexmckenziepsmlexmckenziepsm Posts: 1
    edited February 2020

Hey there I'm Alex, and I am a fan of web designing. I am trying to learn 3D animation, primary reason why I signed-up here. 

I work for 4wheelonline so if you are in search of tire mounting then feel free to message me. 

Post edited by lexmckenziepsm on
  • AnTomAnTom Posts: 3

Hello, I'm An. I'm a Daz newbie but interested in learning more.

• Hi, my name is Simone and I am from Italy.

I love writing, so I started creating images to give life to my stories.

I hope I'll be able to learn from all of you

• bonjour ! je suis nouveau menbre 

j'ai 54 ans et je fait un peut de 3D dans c4d

j'aimerais apprendre plus de daz.

je viens de l'installer avec manager mais quand je l'ouvre

viola se qu'il me dit

Sans titre-1.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 170K
  • Hi there, I'm Rens from the Netherlands ^^

I'm a graphic designer & illustrator and have only recently started to work a lot with 3D art & design and I must say it is Beautiful! But ...can be really frustrating and hard too when something just doesn't want to work the way I try and get the software to do it for me hehe 

I suppose that's why I'm very Very grateful this forum is here for support, inspiration -and freebies, they're really useful to get a little bit up to speed. Obviously the shop is great too, found lots of awesome products already. 

To All at DAZ3D a big huge Thanks for this amazing platform, it's quite enjoyable to work with and so far has proven that even a total noob at 3D like me at the moment can make incredible 3D design if following tutorials etc , I love it! Thanks

Keep up the good work!