Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• FranRFranR Posts: 33

Hey Val, welcome back :) And, I know the feeling - I just downloaded the necessary programs so now it's time to have some fun!

Cheers,
    Fran

• valkyrjavalkyrja Posts: 3

Thanks Fran, good to "see" a familiar "face". :)  Looking forward to what you come up with.

• So I jump i  to the DAZ universe.

My name is armin and i was working with blender until now.

I am sure you know better then me.

There is so much content to buy.

I want to develop content also.

I am sure there are addons  that are developt to do exactely that.

Which on are the best to buy and learn and use to start?

Thank you for your help☺

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

• hey there Im Nova been looking around for some 3D software to get some images out of my head and onto the screen stumbled upon Daz3D and really excited about getting it up and running! always wanted to create 3D art but always found the tediousness of making them from scratch has caused a few grey hairs before my time im sure of it looking forward to learning this program and getting to grips with it :) 

• Hi, normally i'm a photographer, but I thought I would give this rendering malarky a crack. Powerful stuff!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

So I jump i  to the DAZ universe.

My name is armin and i was working with blender until now.

I am sure you know better then me.

There is so much content to buy.

I want to develop content also.

I am sure there are addons  that are developt to do exactely that.

Which on are the best to buy and learn and use to start?

Thank you for your help☺

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Many people use Blender to model content for Daz Studio. Since you already know Blender, that sounds like a good place to start. You can import and export Wavefront OBJ files between Blender and Daz Studio. Photoshop, The Gimp, and Substance Painter are some of the popular tools for creating the textures for the models.

Welcome, Nova-vita and LiquidWarehouse.

• JadeliaWeston96JadeliaWeston96 Posts: 15
    edited April 2017

Hello, I am fairly new here. I don't really know what to say about myself besides I TRY and do 3D art [kinda thinkin' I'm failing] and do story writting. I adore music and claim to be a music artist since I do electronica music. I like sci-fi and militaristic art as well as fantasy art. And I suppose if you wanna address me by a name, Jade is fine. o.o

Post edited by JadeliaWeston96 on
  • Hello, my name is Michael, and I am new to the Daz3D community and digital art in general. I have started learning a couple of different software suites for making and using digital art, both in 2D and 3D, of which Daz3D is the latest. I am still a humble, ignorant newbie, but so far, I am loving the fun and challenge of it, and the fact that I can create such wonderful pictures with just a little bit of elbow grease. I made my very first tutorial renders yesterday (the Elvish Storm and Elvish Fury guided renders, for those who are familiar with them.) I am currently working on my first self-guided render, a kneeling warrior woman in a cathedral, mostly as an experiment in proper hand adjustment and Z-axis alignment (the two most nit-picky aspects of posing, in my admittedly limited experience). I had my very first crash last night, which cost me a few hours of work, but since it is my own fault for not following the SESO rule, I have determined not to give up, and restarted the project today.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Hello there,

I'm completely new to not only Daz and rendering, but also any sort of digital art or pretty much anything along those lines whatsoever. I stumbled across this after hearing one of my friends talking about some animation stuff that he was doing as a hobby and it piqued my interest a little, but I'm not so much into animation so ended up finding Daz.

I think my main goal (some way down the line) is to make good renders of characters for a D&D campaign I've been involved in, though sci-fantasy in general interests me so I'll certainly be starting with things for which I have a less firm idea of in my mind.

My first attempt at this was late last year, but my potato of a PC had issues running Daz, let alone rendering anything (over 30 seconds to simply load each tab to choose what was going to be loaded into a scene and after I got through that over two hours to render the first tutorial picture). When an upgrade finally happened though things are reasonably usable (tabs load pretty much instantly and the first tutorial took around six minutes to render).

I've now worked through the tutorials and then made my first attempt at my own image, which was mostly messing around to see how to place some lights and a camera, changing the expression, and making some very minor adjustments to a preset pose.

Crouching Down Above Pit.jpg
    749 x 862 - 170K
  • wuniwuni Posts: 0

Hello everyone,

I'm Wuni. This is my artist name. My official name is Daniel. Photography and writing are my hobbies. In January I have found Daz3D and now there is a new hobby. :) Now I'm learning many about creating a scenery, lightening and posing. So every render is a challenge and a good school. It's funny to work with.

Greetings

Wuni smiley

• Greetings to all awesome users!  Daz is still a new for me. I have been pulled into this world by good old mate Mighty_mestophales. For the past 10 years, I was envolved in the art department for creating digital assets such as Characters and little bit of environment/props art specifically for  mobile gaming, AAA and cinematic trailers. My main focus and responsiblities were modeling/texturing/look development. Something I truly enjoyed through the years. I am currently working for Films these days.

As for the Daz, I am convinced I will be learning new tips and tricks from you fellas. So glad to be part of the family :-)

• Hi! I'm Zara. Just got everything I want downloaded, but of corse when I closed out of Daz 3D pro I lost the short cup. now I can only find my Install Manager for the program and sepparate files.

Can someone help this noob?

• Hi! I'm Zara. Just got everything I want downloaded, but of corse when I closed out of Daz 3D pro I lost the short cup. now I can only find my Install Manager for the program and sepparate files.

Can someone help this noob?

Mac or Windows? Under Widnows Daz Studio should be in the DAZ 3D group in the Start menu.

• dj7r3kn0dj7r3kn0 Posts: 6

Hi there,

My name is Ray, currently I live in Egypt.

I am not new to the 3D design world, I am used to 3d max..so daz is no problem for me.

Later I realized that I can edit the objects' maps and turns out looking great, simple photoshop edits and it's good to go. Speaking of which I'm offering my services concerning map edits, not sure where to announce it though..if anybody can help me I will be very greatful

• Just call me Dano, Yep, Hawaii-five -O.

I always loved to sit and schecht and draw things when I was younger...well much younger. My children also share this trait as well but have actually presued it as a career. My mind needs new things to learn and I happened to come across this program. I did't want to spend a great deal of money or any at all; since I'm use to open sourced software. I have learn quit a bit in the last two weeks of down loading this 3d software, which rocks.

coridor!!.png
    1350 x 869 - 2M
  • Hello everyone,

I'm a new user of DAZ3D and I've been experimenting with the Dancing Female animation portion of the program. I'm trying to find out how to save the timeline of animation as a movie or video format and how can I add a video into the program to super impose the dancing character into the movie. I'm looking for someone that's familiar with DAZ3D and willing to collaborate one projects. Thanks.

• gypsee22gypsee22 Posts: 0

Hi All my name is Gypsee hhmmm what can I say, I like art and music, I am thinking I might be a little to old to learn this stuff, and a little busy at times with grand children hanging on me But Since I like art I thought I would like to try Daz, I will just have to see how I go :)

• jasweekjasweek Posts: 0

Hello all!

I am completely new to both Daz Studio and 3D design. I recently jumped right in because I saw an opportunity to bring my characters to life. I've commissioned art (drawings) that I am happy with, but there's nothing quite like making your characters appear how you see them in your mind's eye. So yeah, I am sixteen chapters in now, but better late than never, right? 

wink

• Hello. I am a self-learned 3D modeller, with knowledge on Autodesk Maya and Zbrush, mainly.

I aim to make 3D prints and use my works as political propaganda to further boost my intentions in this world.

A pleasure to meet you.

• jh0330ujh0330u Posts: 0

I needed a hobby thought it would be fun to self teach and to make a short clip for fun :)

Hello everyone and thank you Daz for the opportunity!

Welcome to all of you new folks! Thanks for introducing yourselves. we look forward to seeing you in the forums.

• Hello,

I'm completely new to all of this, and I just want to try it out for fun. :)

• Hello everyone my name is Andy and I run a very small but big headed UK TV production company. I am very new to 3D and Daz Studio. Hope to play catch up and get making those great looking animations I am always seeing. Any tips?

• heloooo... good day to all

im jojo bigornia.. 3d artist..and im using this daz 3d for 7 years now... and still i need to learn more...

thanks you

Hello,

I'm completely new to all of this, and I just want to try it out for fun. :)

That's what we all say, then we have so much fun we don't do anything else! Welcome.

Hello everyone my name is Andy and I run a very small but big headed UK TV production company. I am very new to 3D and Daz Studio. Hope to play catch up and get making those great looking animations I am always seeing. Any tips?

Welcome, @AndyMerzTV! Animation in Daz Studio can be a challenge, because the built in tools have only minimal animation capability. There are a few additional tools available in the Daz Store, as well as aniblock products. Graphmate and KeyMate add a lot of missing capability, but be aware that they are poorly documented. Also be aware that aniblocks created for one character generation don't necessarily work perfectly with other character generations.

I'm not the best person to give animation advice, because I do very little animation. Snoop through the forums and you will find animation discussions. I do have two tips for you, though:

1. Render your animation to an image series, not an AVI movie. With image series, you can render part of your animation and resume later where you left off it the application crashes, or something else interferes (like good old Windows Update). In my experience, the final result of an animation created with an image series is better, too. You will need a separate application to join all those individual images into a single animated clip, though. I believe there are free solutions for that.
    2. Experiment with it, to be sure you enjoy it,  before investing a lot of money in add on products and tools.

heloooo... good day to all

im jojo bigornia.. 3d artist..and im using this daz 3d for 7 years now... and still i need to learn more...

thanks you

Hello, jojo. Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of good information hear to help you learn. As you know from the years you've been using it, we all need to keep learning, because Daz Studio evolves and becomes more capable all the time.

• barbult said:

Hello everyone my name is Andy and I run a very small but big headed UK TV production company. I am very new to 3D and Daz Studio. Hope to play catch up and get making those great looking animations I am always seeing. Any tips?

Welcome, @AndyMerzTV! Animation in Daz Studio can be a challenge, because the built in tools have only minimal animation capability. There are a few additional tools available in the Daz Store, as well as aniblock products. Graphmate and KeyMate add a lot of missing capability, but be aware that they are poorly documented. Also be aware that aniblocks created for one character generation don't necessarily work perfectly with other character generations.

I'm not the best person to give animation advice, because I do very little animation. Snoop through the forums and you will find animation discussions. I do have two tips for you, though:

1. Render your animation to an image series, not an AVI movie. With image series, you can render part of your animation and resume later where you left off it the application crashes, or something else interferes (like good old Windows Update). In my experience, the final result of an animation created with an image series is better, too. You will need a separate application to join all those individual images into a single animated clip, though. I believe there are free solutions for that.
    2. Experiment with it, to be sure you enjoy it,  before investing a lot of money in add on products and tools.

Thank you very much for your tips as they have been valuable in helping focus my search. Image series tip is solid gold. Again thank you again

• Hello all! I'm Mikkel and new to the 3D rendering scene. Just a quick question: What other 3D character creation tools are compatable with DAZ, other than Blender, Pozer and if so, how can we transfer that model over into DAZ?

Recently uploaded Make Human and wondering if this is compatable.

Thanks for your time!