Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• I'm Sandy Freed, I'm making a CGI YouTube movie and am testing Blender, Makehuman, and Daz3D to see which is better

• Hello all,

NyaZillagojira or just Nyazilla even nya. I'm not to picky. btw yes it's a character reference you probably figure it out.

On and off with Poser till i found DAZ which has been my priority since then, also working a bit with MotionBuilder and ocasionally FUSION360.

Current goal is working on illustrations and or small animations from various firends Fanfic stories. Have managed a bit of succes with one scene i'm currently on.

Ywo people standing in front of a 3rd while the two kneel in front of the one.

Where would i ask about timing which seems to be my current situation. I have the motions but they look almost spastic kneeling and then almost immediately standing.

Thanks all.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

@dukes1515  Welcome.  It's always nice to see another writer.  There are quite a few writers in the forums who found DS for just those same reasons.  Me included.  You have a lot of learning ahead of you, but, yes, all of that is possible with DS.  There are a lot of options in the store, but it sounds like you are going to need something to make your own skins with eventually.  Luckily, there are products in the store that will help you with that when you are ready.  Start slow, learn the basics and ask questions in the New Users forum.  There are lots of us around who can answer your beginner questions, but there are also quite a few writers around who can help you with the specifics of doing book covers, mapping out scenes in your head, and most of the things we writers tend to be curious about because we just can't seem to help it.  Start with the basics first like lighting and posing and getting to know the software.

Hey there, 

I'm *very* new to Daz 3-D and am trying to figure out how to remove timeline frames from zero to 30 without losing my characters and background.

I'm reading things about setting key frames and removing them but that doesn't seem to fit with what I'm trying to do.

Basically I accidentally recorded setting up the scene and characters and recording them and I need to chop off the front of the animation timeline.

What's the easiest way to do that short of starting over?

thanks!

Welcome to the forums.  Ask this question in the New Users section so more people will see it and possibly answer your question.  I know there is a way to do it, but I don't remember the exact steps.  If you ask in the New Users forum, I'm sure one of the animation people can give you an answer.

@lonewolfsinger  Asking in the New User forums is where you need to post questions.  There are a few people who do animations with DS so they are more likely to see it and help out if you ask questions there. 

• Hello all,
    My name's Denis,

I've downloaded DAZ Studio 4.9 for Windows. I am really enjoying using it so far. I do have a question if somebody's willing to answer.

I have programs for designing 3D houses. I was wondering if it's possible to import those 3D houses into DAZ?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Hello all,
    My name's Denis,

I've downloaded DAZ Studio 4.9 for Windows. I am really enjoying using it so far. I do have a question if somebody's willing to answer.

I have programs for designing 3D houses. I was wondering if it's possible to import those 3D houses into DAZ?

Welcome, Denis. Take a look at the Daz Studio File/Import menu and then look in the lower right corner of the window that opens. Click on the dropdown to show you the types of files Daz Studio can import. Can your house design program export files in any of those formats? If so, try it and see what happens. I've never tried anything like that myself.

• barbult said:

Hello all,
    My name's Denis,

Welcome, Denis. Take a look at the Daz Studio File/Import menu and then look in the lower right corner of the window that opens. Click on the dropdown to show you the types of files Daz Studio can import. Can your house design program export files in any of those formats? If so, try it and see what happens. I've never tried anything like that myself.

Well I've looked into it importing a 3-D house for my software. It can't be done the file format is completely different and it's not one listed under the DAZ import files. It was worth seeing if I could do it. I just have to find an add-on from the DAZ store that would allow me to design any room or any house. Does anyone have any recommendations?

barbult said:

Hello all,
    My name's Denis,

Well I've looked into it importing a 3-D house for my software. It can't be done the file format is completely different and it's not one listed under the DAZ import files. It was worth seeing if I could do it. I just have to find an add-on from the DAZ store that would allow me to design any room or any house. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Room Creator

• Hi, Hello,

Name is Max. I am here to learn.  My main interest in Daz3D and in general all 3D applications is the extraordinary capabilities of tools in story telling. Specifically, I am going to learn and use the Daz3D for creating Storyboards for Filmmaking. So, if you can pointout to any general direction for getting there faster, please do so.

• Hello! My nom de plume that I use is Walt Dee, and I'm an absolute newbie at DAZ 3D and artistry in general. I live in the Northern=most part of Austin, Texas (Practically in Pflugerville) and I'm in my late 50s.

I'm trying to learn DAZ 3D because of my interest in developing erotic visual novels using it and Ren'py, the game engine. Some of my inspirations are Dreaming of Dana, Dreams of Desire, and Big Brother, just to name a few.

I have to say I'm finding even getting up and going extremely difficult, and nearly everything I've started, I've managed to break the model's back or contort her into what would be a very noticable, uncomfortable individual in real life. I've been watching videos here, on YouTube, and a series that I've gotten my hands on. (I say "watched," because which the little free time that I have these days, it's more like "browsed" and "skimmed over."

Anyway, I'm likely to be asking a lot of really stupid newbie questions here, so please be gentle on me?

• I am Liam love to join and love to explore it...

• Hi, I go by thelastshewolf online! I'm a brand-new user of Daz; just started a month ago with the idea that I could use it to make pieces of original characters. I'm totally obsessed now. I thought it was time to introduce and get on here, because from what I've seen, everyone seems really helpful and I love the feedback given. Happy to be here. :]

• Hi! I'm Niko and I just started to learn daz3d...don't know what else to say :)

• Hello,

My name is Dan Verssen, owner of Dan Verssen Games. I have experience with Lightwave, but not Daz. From time to time we need 3D art for our tabletop games, and I will post job notices.

-Dan

www.dvg.com

• 4Me2B3D24Me2B3D2 Posts: 1
    edited September 2017

NEWBIE, ..... Hi,

Can someone please provide me with the pixel dimensions for individual's "Gallery Header" and now I see user ID images, (figured that one out) still working On The Basics, Love The Site, Love The Talent, anxious To Learn More.

THANKS ✌

Post edited by 4Me2B3D2 on
  • Hello,

My name is François, I am a french Python programmer and I decided to learn Daz, so here I am.

• Welcome everyone!  Nice to see some new faces.  :)

@4Me2B3D2  The header images for each gallery folder (you can have multiple folders in your gallery) is around 960 x 400.  You can put any size picture in there from either your gallery, or from a file, and then crop it where you want (does not affect the original image if using an image already in your gallery), but the 960 x 400 is the only visible part.  The visible area for the header in the root gallery is 800 x 333.  I have no idea why there is a difference between the root gallery and the header for folders image parameters, but those are the visible dimensions.  I hope this helps.  

• *nervous uncomfortable laughter* hiii.... I know nothing about 3d animation but i want to see if i ike it or not. soo.... hi?

• Hello. My name is Inago Montoya. You....wait a second...>slap!<...Better.

So, anyway, my name is Johnm, and I've been playig with Daz for about a month now, and I'm really enjoying it. I already have a few ideas for projects, so now it's just a matter of learning how to make things do what I want them to in the program.

I would, however, like to say that the organizational system in this thing is a nightmare, but maybe it's just because I'm new to the program. Could anyone direct me to some help on getting things organized? It would be appreciated.

Thank you and happy creating!

• Hi there people, I'm Harold, pleased to meet you.

I'm a bit of a verteran of 3D, but new to Daz. Just thought I'd check it out, and if I get on with the software? I thought I'd look at producing a little content for you folks, so depending how things go you'll have to look out for a few models of mine headed your way. If you're after sci-fi themed content? I'm your man.

Looking forward to getting to know the community.

All the best folks. 

• Hi, I'm Andy.

I just downloaded DAZ 4.9 a few days ago.

In the Barefoot Dancer tutorial, it says to load an image for the backdrop, go to Edit and pick backdrop. In 4.9 there is no backdrop selection under edit.

I found backdrop, and I can set the color, but how and where do I load an image?

Thanks!

• andybrown said:

Hi, I'm Andy.

In the Barefoot Dancer tutorial, it says to load an image for the backdrop, go to Edit and pick backdrop. In 4.9 there is no backdrop selection under edit.

I found backdrop, and I can set the color, but how and where do I load an image?

Thanks!

In DS 4.8+ it's Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment, set the Type to Backdrop, then click the little arrow to the left of the colour picker and from the menu select Browse... I am surprised that the tutorial hasn't been updated to reflect this, however - make sure you are using the current version.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hello. My name is Inago Montoya. You....wait a second...>slap!<...Better.

So, anyway, my name is Johnm, and I've been playig with Daz for about a month now, and I'm really enjoying it. I already have a few ideas for projects, so now it's just a matter of learning how to make things do what I want them to in the program.

I would, however, like to say that the organizational system in this thing is a nightmare, but maybe it's just because I'm new to the program. Could anyone direct me to some help on getting things organized? It would be appreciated.

Thank you and happy creating!

you made me giggle with your 1st post,   that's not bad going.   Hi

• andybrown said:

Hi, I'm Andy.

Thanks!

In DS 4.8+ it's Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment, set the Type to Backdrop, then click the little arrow to the left of the colour picker and from the menu select Browse... I am surprised that the tutorial hasn't been updated to reflect this, however - make sure you are using the current version.

Richard, thanks for your response.

First, since my first and only download from DAZ was a few days ago, I have to believe it is the current version: DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro.

Window>Panes etc. takes me to the environment tab I had found before where I was able to set the color. When I click on Browse, I get a listing of everything in the scene already -- like the character hair and clothes.

Perhaps I worded my question poorly, but in the tutorial she added something like "dusky clouds" to replace the blue that was there. So my question is how and where do I load images that I can then choose to use as the backdrop?

• andybrown said:
    andybrown said:

Hi, I'm Andy.

Thanks!

First, since my first and only download from DAZ was a few days ago, I have to believe it is the current version: DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro.

Window>Panes etc. takes me to the environment tab I had found before where I was able to set the color. When I click on Browse, I get a listing of everything in the scene already -- like the character hair and clothes.

Perhaps I worded my question poorly, but in the tutorial she added something like "dusky clouds" to replace the blue that was there. So my question is how and where do I load images that I can then choose to use as the backdrop?

If you click the triangle next to the Colour picker you should get a menu - the first item is browse.., then under that you will see a list of all the textures already loaded into the scene (for the props, clothes, hair, and character). Selecting browse... will open a standard file browser which you can use to select any image you like from your Pictures folder or wherever you have a desireable image.

I'm not seeing a reference to the Edit command in the barefoot dancer guided tour - is that what you are working through, or is it something else?

• andybrown said:
    andybrown said:

Hi, I'm Andy.

Thanks!

If you click the triangle next to the Colour picker you should get a menu - the first item is browse.., then under that you will see a list of all the textures already loaded into the scene (for the props, clothes, hair, and character). Selecting browse... will open a standard file browser which you can use to select any image you like from your Pictures folder or wherever you have a desireable image.

I'm not seeing a reference to the Edit command in the barefoot dancer guided tour - is that what you are working through, or is it something else?

Richard, thanks again! It never occured to me to click browse a second time.

I was looking at the video tutorial for barefoot dancer that I got to from the home window that pops up when you open DS (until you click don't show this again.)

• Hello again,

Full discolsure I have been using DAZ for less than a week.

I was  working on my first multi-figure scene. In the NVIDA tray preview everything looked fine, but in the fully rendered image neither character had a full head of hair.

What did I do wrong?

• Hey, Not so new guy with a very slow lerning speed(needs a lot of help any is appreciated)... Hopes to become good enough to make a Masterpiece... or two lol

• Hi, Wolfhound here - longtime listener, first time caller. cool

I have DAZ about a year, and I've poked around with it on and off.

Recently decided to get serious about a project I've thought about for years, bought a GTX 1060... currently struggling to understand *anything* in iRay... so it's back to basics, scouring the tutorials and forums.

Please be kind - I will have questions, and they will be stupid.

• Hi there,

I used to use Daz Studio many years ago...when it was still Daz Studio 3 and using Victoria 4.2.  I used to go by the name of Slipmeister and had a character called Meaca - if anyone remembers this I will be amazed!

Well I am back and now trying to get my head around the Genesis 8 model.

Wish me luck.

Vince Nicoll

Hi there,

I used to use Daz Studio many years ago...when it was still Daz Studio 3 and using Victoria 4.2.  I used to go by the name of Slipmeister and had a character called Meaca - if anyone remembers this I will be amazed!

Well I am back and now trying to get my head around the Genesis 8 model.

Wish me luck.

Vince Nicoll

Hello @vincent.nicoll_235db58585 if you want to change your username back to Slipmeister, you can do it in your account profile. Or you can use the same technique to delete the long string of numbers and letters after your name.

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/