Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Hello My name is Phil   I have been using Poser since the very beginning, but I like V4 etc, and Poser itself cannot find a corporate home. It seems.  

In any case I am trying to get Daz 4.9 running and get an error right off the bat related to this "PostgreSQL CMS "

See attached snip please 

Did you install PostgreSQL? If you did, what security software are you running?

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

This may be way too much info but I plan to be brutally honest. First of all forgive my spelling. I am a transplanted Canadian (arrived in US in 2000) so I am trying to type US english (we spell check - cheque). So much has happened before and since I joined Daz, and I have no clue as to whether I previously intoduced myself or not. I am an author and dreamt of being one all my life but was too busy until a tragedy forced me to become one. I had multiple successful careers and my husband was an award winning account executive (really nice guy) for a multi-media company until he got injured at work. After a botched up surgery he became 100% disabled. A three hour surgery took six and towards the end the surgeon decided to forego the hospital alignment eqipment and insert screws with a hand drill. Two days later, he had a PE and spent 12 days fighting to live. A year later, instead of recovering and returning to his career,   he was sleeping in the lower floor of our house in a hospital bed, fired for not returning to work. I slept on a cot beside him. That was when another doctor discovered the three inch hand-drilled screw had missed it's mark by half an inch and penetrated his nerve sac and spinal canal. An emergency operation was mandated by workers comp to avoid spinal meningitis and/or death. This devastated him. He was former president of mountain and road bike clubs, CDF volunteer and we spent weeekends travelling as sanctioned photographers for Lucas Oil Dragboats, and also had press passes and shot NHRA, Motocross, Supercross & Monster Trucks in kill zones. I quit my job to care for him (met in 2002 and worked at same company for four years) because California Workers Comp would not give him a paid nurse or caregiver. When medications deterorated his sharp mind I gave him some Hunger Games books to read and whjen he asked for the fourth book, I gave him one I wrote about my past and said, Here you always wanted to know ... fill your boots.  I spent 7+ years confined to a basement and despite having a wealthy father I was made an official ward of the court due to neglect and child abuse at the hands of my stepmother. I never talked about it much because I had too much pride.. I never planned to publish that manuscript. I wrote it after my sister died. He read it and asked me to write more. (Been married five times and experienced lots including a son with disabilities who I wrote unpublished books for). Knowing I would not leave my husband alone to travel or go to book signings, I decided I was not a candidate for commercial promotions and stumbled through the process of self-publishing (now I am stmbling through Daz). I made some music recordings and terrible 2D videos for booktrailers and decided they sucked. Eight books later I stumbled accross Daz and said thank you God. 

• k410k410 Posts: 75
    edited July 2017

Hello, all.  My name is Kevin.  I just gave Daz Studio a try yesterday then spent the whole day watching tutorials and browsing the content catalog. ;-)

I'm very excited about this app and am looking forward to learning more about it.  Happily reading Anne Marie Rasmussen's ebook about Daz Studio.

Thank you to the developers of this brilliant app and to all the content creators.

Post edited by k410 on
  • k410k410 Posts: 75
    edited July 2017

A little more about me. I used to draw and paint in my teens and twenties (I was a teen in the 1970s). I was greatly inspired by the cover art for science-fiction books, and especially by the book, "Science Fiction Art" by Brian Aldis, and a history of science fiction, Seekers of Tomorrow," by Sam Moskowitz.  In that period, of course there were many other sources of inspiration via book or TV or movie or comic-book.

When Doom and Quake came out, I would run them with the monsters turned off, just to wander around and enjoy the architecture. I dabbled with Bryce and Blender and Zbrush some years ago.

More recently (in the past couple of years), I finally started playing MMO games.  SWTOR at first, then Guild Wars 2, then Elder Scrolls Online. Those have been inspiring, personally and artistically.  Such marvellous creations and communal activities.

So now I am excited about Daz Studio, which also inspires me. I know there are technical things to learn, about DS itself and various branching topics, but that will help keep my brain young, I'm sure.

Post edited by k410 on
  • Hello world.  I have dabbled with Daz and Poser years ago.  I am returning as I have a goal to animate a short movie under 2 minutes.

• zoldoszoldos Posts: 46

Meatloaf is one of my favoorite foods, but it rdepends on who cooked it. hehe Anyway, I am called zoldos.  I'm using DAZ to create basic illustrations for a novel I'm working on.  I'm having fun, but it is proving to be a learning curve.  Overall tho, I'm having a blast! laugh

• carmenaracarmenara Posts: 28

Hi I'm Carmen, 

I'm using DAZ to do character design for a roleplaying game. Also have some fun along the way making renders for friends. I've posted a few on DeviantArt

My long term goal is import the battlemech models from Mechwarrior Online and pose them in here. Wouldn't that be fun on a massive scale?

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 331

Hello, I'm a 35 Years old Freak who didn't lik his lifesituation anymore. Droped from University (gets too expensive) and stuck to a job I love. But from time to time I need smth more creative and thanks to the fact that my RPG group is no more. (I think I'm the only one without a mate and/or children ^^) I decided to turn a new leaf and start to write visual novels instead of designing adventures for my friends. But to do so, I have to learn a new skillset, 3d Art. And that's why I'm here. I'm looking for a new hobby and hope, that one day, I can achieve some results that I can call decent.

So, my redards from good old Germany

• carmenaracarmenara Posts: 28
    HighElf said:

Hello, I'm a 35 Years old Freak who didn't lik his lifesituation anymore. Droped from University (gets too expensive) and stuck to a job I love. But from time to time I need smth more creative and thanks to the fact that my RPG group is no more. (I think I'm the only one without a mate and/or children ^^) I decided to turn a new leaf and start to write visual novels instead of designing adventures for my friends. But to do so, I have to learn a new skillset, 3d Art. And that's why I'm here. I'm looking for a new hobby and hope, that one day, I can achieve some results that I can call decent.

Welcome aboard - if you post some of your visual novels I would love to check them out! 

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

Hello My name is Phil   I have been using Poser since the very beginning, but I like V4 etc, and Poser itself cannot find a corporate home. It seems.  

In any case I am trying to get Daz 4.9 running and get an error right off the bat related to this "PostgreSQL CMS "

See attached snip please 

This basically means your SQL isn't properly installed, you could either just ignore it (like me) or reinstall daz, especially the stuff in your C drive (not exactly sure where)

• harrykimharrykim Posts: 225
    EcVh0 said:

Hello My name is Phil   I have been using Poser since the very beginning, but I like V4 etc, and Poser itself cannot find a corporate home. It seems.  

See attached snip please 

This basically means your SQL isn't properly installed, you could either just ignore it (like me) or reinstall daz, especially the stuff in your C drive (not exactly sure where)

But could´nt this not only mean, that the Postgre... is not yet installed? Did you check in your Install Manager if it still ready for download. It came with the DAZ download definitely. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

It's nice to see new people joining the forum. Welcome! There is a lot if information available in the forums. Be sure to look around in the rest of the New Users section. The Commons is another area when just about anything Daz related is discussed.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barbult said:

It's nice to see new people joining the forum. Welcome! There is a lot if information available in the forums. Be sure to look around in the rest of the New Users section. The Commons is another area when just about anything Daz related is discussed.

Aye   New Users is where you can ask questions about anything that is giving you problems with your 3D software. It is specially formatted and moderated to get you going and keep you going.   Then you can move on to the software forums for each program, to get more advanced info on each of them.

• zoldoszoldos Posts: 46
    HighElf said:

Cool.  Sometimes it's good to just *stop everything* and change your life.  I was working at a very stressful, and un-rewarding job which I just up and quit without notice in 2006.  Best thing ever, because it was one of the catalysts that allowed me to meet my g/f. :)

• alphawiz1alphawiz1 Posts: 8

Hello.  My name's Jeff.  Just started using DAZ and am very impressed with it.  Hoping to use it for artwork for some of my other endeavors.

Having a bit of a hard time getting things to apply, though...and is there a way to do simple paint/color changing, such as applying some blush to cheeks.

• Hi I'm Ashanti i known a bout Daz for years but just trying it now, here my first Render with some photoshop

81EWi64.png
    669 x 701 - 546K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    alphawiz1 said:

Hello.  My name's Jeff.  Just started using DAZ and am very impressed with it.  Hoping to use it for artwork for some of my other endeavors.

Having a bit of a hard time getting things to apply, though...and is there a way to do simple paint/color changing, such as applying some blush to cheeks.

I don't know of an easy way to apply an arbitrary color to an arbitrary area, like blush to cheeks. Some models come with makeup options. If the one you've chosen to use does, you might find a appropriate setting there. There are makeup-only products in the store for some model generations. You might find an appropriate product to fill your needs. You can always edit the face surface JPEG file with Photoshop or other editing program. You can investigate the Layered Image Editor, which lets you overlay one image on another, so you can overlay a cheek color that you create in an editing program like Photoshop on top of the face JPEG image within Daz Studio.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

Hello,

Ceo (see-oh) here.  I started working with Daz a little over a month ago.  I plan to create a visual novel using Renpy by December 31st.  This is a small project for my friends only - we are each creating one for fun.  I plan to springboard that experience into a VN for kids.  I plan to springboard that experience into more kids VN's or perhaps into adult VN's.  That's the plan before working in Daz.

Now, I am planning on creating a music video for my Youtube channel using renders from Daz.  That's going to take about 50 renders. (why do I think of making these things?!)  Who knows where this Daz thing is going to take me, but in the meantime I'm having fun!

IRL I live in (fabulous) Las Vegas and I work in the social service field - aka poor - but I sometimes make a diffference in someone's life, so it's worth it.

• I am just new to Daz and I want to create a character from a model (another character).  I've started by attempting to load my model as a backdrop for the character I'm creating and I can't find the "browse" command to find the picture I want to use.  All the tutorials are outdated on this.  Can someone guide me here?

Thanks!!!!!

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

I am just new to Daz and I want to create a character from a model (another character).  I've started by attempting to load my model as a backdrop for the character I'm creating and I can't find the "browse" command to find the picture I want to use.  All the tutorials are outdated on this.  Can someone guide me here?

Thanks!!!!!

I am new also and have found the "Great Art Now" series to be a good start for me.  I managed to pick all but 2 of them up for free. 

https://www.daz3d.com/great-art-now-step-2-scene-making

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 331
    edited July 2017
    ItsCeo said:

I am just new to Daz and I want to create a character from a model (another character).  I've started by attempting to load my model as a backdrop for the character I'm creating and I can't find the "browse" command to find the picture I want to use.  All the tutorials are outdated on this.  Can someone guide me here?

Thanks!!!!!

I am new also and have found the "Great Art Now" series to be a good start for me.  I managed to pick all but 2 of them up for free. 

https://www.daz3d.com/great-art-now-step-2-scene-making

Definitly a fine Guide Series. And a good starting point. But be aware, that val is using  3Delight as a render engine, in this tutorials, not IRay. Another good source to get used to the Software, are the interactive lessons, from DAZ itself. Barefoot Dancer, Dagger Dance, Day at the Beach, Dragon Slayer, and so on.

Post edited by HighElf on
  • dirkbaetendirkbaeten Posts: 49

Hi, I started using Daz a few days ago. I will be using it only for making a visual novel now. First I used Fuse + Mixamo (screenshots) + Paint-net, which was quite good and free although lesser quality than software like Daz. This became a problem with upcoming changes for Fuse 1.3 so I started looking for an alternative.

It's good that Daz has a free version, so I was able to try things out. After going through the manual and tutorials and experimenting some more, I think I can say that it will work fine for my project.

So far I just had a few issues like genesis 3 cloth not adapting perfectly right away to genesis 8 model, but it seems like most of the time you can find ways to make it at least look normal, so it's not a big problem I guess. I got some false mirror reflection with a classroom I bought, but I can work around this as well in paint-net. Sometimes I have to restart the software due to graphic bugs, which may be due to hardware limits. 

• Hello I'm Pulp, I'm very active in Second Life as an illustrator.
    Most of the .bvh animations you can find in SL are boring, would like to make my own animations in Poser, save them and work with them in SL
    I have a SL female figure, but she's very ugly and old fashion, would be great how to learn to export the Daz Genesis 3 female figure in to Poser.
    I looked already at some tutorials in youtube, but all look pretty old... and not from the beginning for a new user, how to do this.
    Can anybody help me... would be great in dutch language. My english is not superb!

Grtz,
    Pulp

• Fable FoxFable Fox Posts: 0

Hi.

My online name is Fable Fox, real Azhar Mat Zin. Just saying hi. 3D is a hobby for now.

• hello everyone, my name is Shaun from Livingston , Scotland, not going go into my full story, but short version is, been working on my own game for the last 3 years myself, I now have the coding side done and now need to add graphics. 

Found my way to daz 3d which has me completely amazed, what a  tremondous program, the potential is unreal.

As am a new user, am having a few issues which I'll post on a new thread, just wanted to introduce myself before asking questions here :) 

• Hi everyone, I'm Amira or Mira... I started using Poser, well started using is a bit of an overstatement (I merely tried it out) a couple of years ago and I recently (a few months ago) started using Daz Studio, it's mostly for hobby purposes as I'm rather busy with university at the moment. I was thinking about doing a graphic novel using Daz studio as I needed some more creativity in my life due to not playing PnP RPGs anymore. Although that hasn't gone as smoothly as I intended it to as I realised that Blender is an amazingly fun program (that has been soaking up the entirety of my free time - learning how to create props and environments). I wish that there was a combination of Blender and Daz studio to be honest as I find Daz to have a clunky way of navigating scenes as well as lacking the capabilities of creating my own props and settings and Blender just feels a lot more intuitive whereas Blender lacks the models that can be bought for Daz studio. I'm currently trying to figure out some proper lighting and shades to use with 3Delight (Iray isn't an option as I'm using an AMD GPU) as well as creating the characters I intend to use and I should learn how to texture properly in Daz studio, it was fairly easy to mess around with in Blender but not so much in DS in my opinion... so in a couple of years I might have finished everything I set out to do and learn. 

• JozyeJozye Posts: 0

Bonjour, On me surnomme Frozen. 

Serait-il possible d'avoir des '"aides en français" car je ne parle pas du tout anglais et tout ce que je trouve est dans cette langue. Je travaille avec DAZ depuis 1 an et j'ai eu de la chance de faire la connaissance d'une personne qui m'a beaucoup aidé à débutter. 

Merci de votre aide, graphiquement votre 

Frozen

•  

Hello all,
    Lonewolfsinger here it seems, maybe.
    Been working with various programs for a while in between this and that. Lately managed to get more time organized to focus a bit more exclusive w DAZ3D for the most part .
    Starting to work on a few friends fanfic ideas and people i know online. I looking to illustrate some of the more interesting scenes that grab my attention.

• Hi my name is Steve and I haven't touched raytracing since the amiga died, yes I am that old and more.  Since then I done a lot of other things including working.  I have now written 22 books and two novellas and I need help with book covers which is why I got Daz basically and for a few other items.  I want to animate certain scene from my books to actually see if they work.  My latest 9 books my characters have gone through 8 types of armour, male and female, long dresses, short dresses, jerkins and dublets, magical staffs, swords, pikes.  The include  six types of Dragons, unicorns, fairies, water nymphs, satyrs, Wolves of various tpes, bears, bison etc.  One of my characters is an Angelopteryx.  I also have 63 female main characters and  about 30 men.  My problems do not end there, they now live in a open naturist commonwealth with aliens whose ancestors were feline and they have unique bodies.  I need  a variety of good skin tones, eye colours and many hair styles and a variety of body shapes and the earlier clothes including bead skirts.  Is all this possible to make, render and where possible to animate and where do I start.  Nothing like going in at the deep end is there

• Hey there, 

I'm *very* new to Daz 3-D and am trying to figure out how to remove timeline frames from zero to 30 without losing my characters and background.

I'm reading things about setting key frames and removing them but that doesn't seem to fit with what I'm trying to do.

Basically I accidentally recorded setting up the scene and characters and recording them and I need to chop off the front of the animation timeline.

What's the easiest way to do that short of starting over?

thanks!