Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a Dazahol.... oh sorry I thought this was the Recovery group!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited May 2017

Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a Dazahol.... oh sorry I thought this was the Recovery group!

Sorry, there's no recovery. You're doomed once you start playing with the studio!

Welcome to everyone. If you want to see some of the products reviews, please feel free to pop into my therad over in the Art Studio  Also, the first page of that thread has a Reference post, and there's some Iray lighting tutorials and other tips on all subjects. I started my threads back in 2012 so there's 4 years of "learning" documented for you, and from the other great members who pitch in to help folks learn. You'll find the forums a very welcoming place- don't be afraid to ask for help and you'll do great things!

Post edited by Novica on
  • Hello my name is Anthony. Been messing around with Poser and Daz products for 10 years now. Comic book illustrator. Mostly my own stuff. Never came out with anything.

Thanks for having me.smiley

• 1jayree1jayree Posts: 3

hello, my name is jerry been messing around with daz for years now still don't really know a lot.....

• Test-test is this thing on?
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Hi guys, welcome to the forums! :)

• Hello!(peeks nerviously out of corner and waves)
    Haven't been in any forums for awhile.
    You can call me Saba or Oes.I do 3d models as a hobby.I used to create content for low-end games but with new laptop i need other output.
    Also there are so many content ideas and characters in my head looking for a place to manifest themselves.So i came across Daz.
    Speaking of content creating - i was wondering in wich part of the forum(if any) i should post if i like to receive critique and feedback?

• dickuhldickuhl Posts: 6

Hi I'm Dick T. Uhl, I'.m a Dazaholic... The first time I used was approx. four years ago. WHAT A RUSH I can bearly go a day without some kind of a fix. still haven't figured it out though, I still consider myself a novice when you consider all that is posible with daz

• dickuhldickuhl Posts: 6

Hi I'm Dick T. Uhl, I'.m a Dazaholic... The first time I used was approx. four years ago. WHAT A RUSH I can bearly go a day without some kind of a fix. still haven't figured it out though, I still consider myself a novice when you consider all that is posible with daz

Dick T. Uhl db.JPG
    1400 x 1400 - 2M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Welcome to the forums, everyone!  Take a little bit to get acclimated here in the New User's thread.  The forums can be a bit fast paced outside of the New User's thread so it's always a good idea to linger around here while you get accustomed to the forums.

@sabaoeselian  While you are getting accustomed to the forums, you can post here in the New User's thread any renders you have that you would like feedback or help with and there will be someone who will pop in and help you out.  When you are ready, the Art Studio is the place most people post renders of things they would like critiqued or just want to show off.  Be specific about what you are looking for and you will usually get several people to pop in to say hello and let you know what they think of your renders and/or models.  I would advise taking a look at others' threads in the various forums to see how things are posted before jumping in.  Take your time and get comfortable before expanding out to other parts of the forums.

• Hello fellow newbsters (and veterans) out there o/.

About 7 years ago i’ve made a brief acquaintance with the DAZ3d but only got recently back to explore the software again (oh boy, time flows so fast smiley )

My current workflow consists of 5% DAZ3D and 95% google to find out what to do. Probably the average distribution of time for a newbie.

I’ve got some ancient data from the past times (big thank you from me to DAz for keeping them for me to redownload).

So far i was only able to “create”  the psychopath I’ve attached; but had really fun with it ( although I remembered the Hiro 3 /The last Hiro quite differently laugh ).

----only important part starts here ----

However, i’ve got one question:

This (for me) new smart content feature makes only sense if you use exclusively the newest generation of DAZ figures/content  AND excludes 3rd party content, right?

---important part ends here--- wink

Unrelated to any of the stuff above: iray is A-MA-ZING!

-----

Sorry for bad grammar, wrong phrases and worse. English isn’t my native language. Feel free to correct me if really needed :)

Monster.png
    703 x 891 - 689K
  • domferdomfer Posts: 15

Hi everybody

I've left a first message but it disappears.. So my name is Dom, I'm living and working in Paris, my level in English is at a bad level ! I'm working on cinema 4 D since ten years now and I need to animate characters for one of my project !

salutations depuis paris !

dom

• 1jayree1jayree Posts: 3

Ok Ok Ok  my friends

hello my good people.......

INFORMATION? or ADVICE?

A pool of color balls like at Chuck E Cheese

kid jumps in.

Can i do that in DAZ with out manually animating every possible ball?

• ----only important part starts here ----

However, i’ve got one question:

This (for me) new smart content feature makes only sense if you use exclusively the newest generation of DAZ figures/content  AND excludes 3rd party content, right?

---important part ends here--- wink

Smart Content should work for most iems for Genesis and later, and a fair bit of older content. I am still seeing metadata added beyond new products when I connect, though how much of that is older content rather than revisions to newer content I don't know.

• 1jayree said:

Ok Ok Ok  my friends

hello my good people.......

INFORMATION? or ADVICE?

A pool of color balls like at Chuck E Cheese

kid jumps in.

Can i do that in DAZ with out manually animating every possible ball?

Have you looked at https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-particle-physics-core-engine ?

• Hello again!
    Quick(and maybe stupid) question - Is 30K polys okay for a laced boots?
    i included two dirty render pics and viewport one
    they are untextured right now

DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro 2017-06-14_04-54-58.png
    1000 x 780 - 778K
    DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro 2017-06-14_04-57-04.png
    1000 x 780 - 936K
    DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro 2017-06-14_04-58-10.png
    1000 x 780 - 317K
  • Hello, my name is Cassandra Lewis, i am a 3D animator and i am looking for someone to help me

with my 3D animated film called "Our love is young" 

our love is young is going to be a about a young teenage boy who is 13 years old and falls in love with a girl.

Boy movie picture.png
    989 x 921 - 941K
  • Hello i am Franco, newbie here. 

a quick question, does anyone know if you can print 3d jackets similar to the Alpha Industries ones? 

• Hello all. (feels like the first day of primary school) I am Christopher. I am trying to create an animated web-series. And need some guidance. "Help me forums. Youre my only hope"

So...I have some time working in Daz and Gimp, and just got Poser so trying to learn. (VERY new to Poser) 2 quick questions for anyone listening.

1. Where can I find artists to commission for Poser work? (Clothing creation for the series) Im really new to forums. I typically just Google questions.

2. Where can I find someone to help me move my Daz stuff to use in Poser. Google is not very helpful this time. Anyone interested, email me.

[email protected]

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hello all. (feels like the first day of primary school) I am Christopher. I am trying to create an animated web-series. And need some guidance. "Help me forums. Youre my only hope"

So...I have some time working in Daz and Gimp, and just got Poser so trying to learn. (VERY new to Poser) 2 quick questions for anyone listening.

1. Where can I find artists to commission for Poser work? (Clothing creation for the series) Im really new to forums. I typically just Google questions.

2. Where can I find someone to help me move my Daz stuff to use in Poser. Google is not very helpful this time. Anyone interested, email me.

[email protected]

Are you aware of what the price is likely to be for commission work?

Daz does sell items in the store that work natively in Poser.  However if you have products that have been made for D|S then check the store page to make sure that they will also work in Poser,  it should say so. like this    

Compatible Software:  DAZ Studio 4.9, DAZ Studio, Poser

ANd then in the description, under notes it will tell you what is included.  Ii

f it says   

Notes

• This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer
      • 1 Poser Core Installer

Then you can use it in both program natively.   However if it says it has  A DSON core Installer and a Poser CF  then you will need to use the DSON importer to get it into Poser.
    https://www.daz3d.com/dson-importer-for-poser

• Chohole said:

Hello all. (feels like the first day of primary school) I am Christopher. I am trying to create an animated web-series. And need some guidance. "Help me forums. Youre my only hope"

[email protected]

Daz does sell items in the store that work natively in Poser.  However if you have products that have been made for D|S then check the store page to make sure that they will also work in Poser,  it should say so. like this    

f it says   

Notes

• This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer
      • 1 Poser Core Installer

Then you can use it in both program natively.   However if it says it has  A DSON core Installer and a Poser CF  then you will need to use the DSON importer to get it into Poser.

Not a exact number, but I am aware it could cost a bunch. (how many hours does it take to create/UV/texture an item, times solid wage) ...Yeah. My worry with the animated series is using other peoples/Daz's items, even if Ive paid for them. (Copyright issues and such)

Yeah, I looked at the importer tool. A lot of my items work on their own (like you mentioned) but the ones that require the importer have stumped me. Im still learning the Poser Runtime rules. I dont get it at all. I really wish I could sit down with a Poser Veteran and ask all my (possibly stupid) questions to get a better understanding of it.

• Hi, there! My name is Dario.I have an idea to open youtube channel with ancient greece gods. I am just instaling DAZ, where are to start? Does someone wanna work with me on this project?

Does someone have some lady warrior so I can use it?

Sorry for my bad English, i am Serbian.

• RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625

You can check the freebies section and the flashsales section for armor. Youtube tutorials may be your best bet for learning the program.  I do still art, no animation, so I really can't help with that.  You could try platinum club and see what they have for armor here cheap.  There are some items for as little as $1.99 US.  You can make shopping list and join Platinum Club for a month and get the items you need for your project.  Just be sure to turn off auto renew at paypal if you pay with that and cancel here if don't want it after the first month. It will auto bill for a second month at paypall if you don't tell paypal to cancel the subscription.

• Rita, can I ask you to make some swords and shilds for me_ (Athene and Ares). Thanks for reply

• andykartaandykarta Posts: 84

Hi All

I just installed DAZ because I want to make some music videos using superheros in a sci fi environment.  I'm going to start by storyboarding one  of my videos which is where DAZ comes in.  Since its a video with no narration I'm going to storyboard it to the music in Premiere or whatever in an mp4 format so I can get at least some of a  feel for the interaction between the action and the music.  For example in one video,  I'm using the much overused but still awesome Crystal Method's Weapons of Mass Distortion and timing the major plot turns to the hooks in the song (is that the term for a repeating instrumental chorus.  I guess now that I'm using it I should know what its called.)  Does anyone have any other ideas about how to storyboard something where music is a major element? 

Also timing is going to be a huge part.  Are there some best practices if you're not exactly sure where you want everything to begin and end.  For example there's one scene where I can do two different things of different time lengths.  I haven't decided which but I'd like a storyboard where I could take both into account.

Finally, I've got some great ideas in my head that involve complexity my noobie self probably couldn't achieve for a while. And in some of them I'm not sure the storyboard is going to capture the fun I have in mind.  For example, the chick in my dynamic duo, Angel (fashioned after Angel Boris btw) has to hack a security computer while simultaniously fighting a bunch of mutant werewolves with laser spears. The point is that she keeps getting syntax errors as she fights.  And I'm not sure a storyboard is going to get it in any real way.  I'm including what I call a 'choreography report' but that'll force people to have to read stuff when I'm basically going through all this trouble so people don't have to read very much. 

Any advice would  be greatly appreciated.

• RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625

dariobozic, I can't make swords and sheilds.  There are plenty for free and forsale for cheap that will work in Daz Studio.  I use Daz Studio because I don't wish to make items and items have already been made by others. I use money to help support artists so they can spend the time to create things for me to simply buy and use.  I will not do your homework for you.  If you want to do that project, you just do that project yourself.  I have no desire to do it for you. I don't labor for free and I don't share copyrighted material I have paid to use myself. Now, you go work for money to spend or learn to model in blender which is free.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Chohole said:

[email protected]

f it says   

Notes

• This product includes:
      • 1 DSON Core Installer
      • 1 Poser Core Installer

Not a exact number, but I am aware it could cost a bunch. (how many hours does it take to create/UV/texture an item, times solid wage) ...Yeah. My worry with the animated series is using other peoples/Daz's items, even if Ive paid for them. (Copyright issues and such)

Yeah, I looked at the importer tool. A lot of my items work on their own (like you mentioned) but the ones that require the importer have stumped me. Im still learning the Poser Runtime rules. I dont get it at all. I really wish I could sit down with a Poser Veteran and ask all my (possibly stupid) questions to get a better understanding of it.

If you are using your content for 2D outputs like stills and video, there shouldn't be any copywrite issues with anything you buy here in the DAZ store.  The EULA allows for this and all products available here are covered under the EULA.  You, the artist, keeps the copywrite for all of your renders, either still or video, and can do whatever you wish with it in a 3D capacity.  This includes commercial usage.  

I believe there is only one product in the store that is an exception and has some limitations not covered by the Eula and that has to do with the Anna-Marie Goddard figure and those limitations are specified on the product page.  There are some limitations and additional licenses needed only if you branch out and need to use the 3D mesh in outside programs, i.e. game development.

Welcome to forums everyone!

• xenodevxenodev Posts: 0

Hello everyone! I'm Xen and after hearing about Daz for the first time about a month or so ago (took me a while), I've since spent most of my free time researching 3D rendering, modeling, posing, lighting, archviz and all that good stuff :)

Even though I'm a professional software developer for almost five years now (working on stuff totally unrelated to what daz is for), this is all very new to me and I consider myself a total newbie. And there is A LOT to learn. But still, for the first time in a while I'm really excited for a side project that I have in mind with Daz (among other tools). I've bought a couple of products for now and currently the wishlist keeps growing until I learn and prepare the things I need for the project to come to light, and until I have a clearer picture of the artistic direction I want to go in. V8 looks mighty fine and I'm almost definitevely gonna pick her up, good thing I didn't spend too much on G3/V7 stuff, even though most of it is compatible :) Currently I'm binge-learning Daz, Blender and a couple of other tools/programs I plan to use.

I'm pleased to see that there is a pretty active community around Daz, because I'll definitely need help here and there :)

To be completely honest, that's partly the motivation behind this introductory post... I've opened up another thread for my question(s) to keep things tidy, so to the kind people out there, I'd appreciate any insight you might provide - the post specifically is about importing content from blender to daz.

Thanks and have a nice day :)

Xen

• Nana_fNana_f Posts: 18

Hello, my name is Nanà, from Fragile Art's
    I'm 3D artist and performer.

Kiss

Nanù

• JakeEdwardJakeEdward Posts: 51

Hello My name is Phil   I have been using Poser since the very beginning, but I like V4 etc, and Poser itself cannot find a corporate home. It seems.  

In any case I am trying to get Daz 4.9 running and get an error right off the bat related to this "PostgreSQL CMS "

See attached snip please 

DazStuidioISSUE.JPG
    561 x 199 - 24K