Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• My names alex, I've always been interested in doing 3d design and since I have started my new youtube channel I figured what better time to learn how to do so than now?

• this is fred I created him after just opening the program for the first time and using tutorials.

fred.jpg
    669 x 701 - 409K
  • Hi!!!!!!!  Name is Les... total newb to all this art and 3D stuff...  no, I don't draw, but I can make some mean stick figures, lol...  I got into using Daz back in Sept/Oct 2016 since I started getting into game developing...  While I like Meatloaf, Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band.  Spaghetti is my fav food. Feel like I am writing a personals ad. Don't know what else to say other than I am here to learn and to become a Daz pro hopefully before I die.

• Hello Everyone,

i have to admit that i use DAZ on and off for i think over two years now. Sadly more off then on. Even more sadly, i never came around introducing myself here in the forums. 

But ney year, new beginnings! This year i really want to create, create, create. In the past i always put other things over my "creative dabbling" time. And it did me no good.

With DAZ i feel like a kid in the candystore. So many possibilities, it is awesome! I look forward to participate more here in the forums. And above all, to learn and grow in my 3D abilities. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Welcome, @Plaiades, we're glad to have you here. I know just what you mean about a kid in the candy store. smiley

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Welcome, Plaiades to the addiction....I mean the communitylaugh

I certainly know what you mean by kid in a candy store the past fews weeks have been an extream example of that!

• plaiades2plaiades2 Posts: 1
    edited January 2017

Thank you so much for the nice welcome barbult and Saphirewild. And oh yes, the addiction... my bank account doesn't approve. :)

Edit: that reply was from a second, inactive account, sorry ;)

Post edited by plaiades2 on
  • lewk2lewk2 Posts: 0

Toshiyori, like creating characters, 

and animation.

Ancient Man With Spear Cartoon 2 Cutout.jpg
    300 x 297 - 18K
  • Hey y'all! My name is Jessica but just call me Jay. Im new to DAZ and I'm very excited to start learning! I love being artistic and I want to start making graphic arts, etc. Any tips you can share with me would be greatly appreciated (:

• Welcome, Jay.  A good way to get started is to head over to the New Users Contests and Events Forum.  There is a monthly challenge with different themes for new users and knowledgeable people sharing what they know, both on the theme of the month and using Studio in general.  A good way to learn how to use Studio is to watch some of the videos on DAZ's YouTube channel as they have a lot of short videos geared toward new users.  Otherwise, just play around and have fun.  Ask lots of questions if you get stuck.  Someone is sure to be able to answer and get you on track.

• edited January 2017

Hello, I have come back to Daz3D after 6 years.   My name is Paddy.   Daz has changed a lot in these past years so I hope you can help me getting Started again.

Are there any Tutorials that can be printed off to help me get going again

I see that again the''Barefoot Dancer' is still the first thing to start with and I failed miserably trying to render it.   As you see I need a lot of help.!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Hi

my name is Peter. My company is working on a new, cloud based rendering service. Is somebody here in the forum who can supply us some animation sample files

in the format: *.rib with 3Delight Renderer so we can make some benchmarks?

• Hi

my name is Peter. My company is working on a new, cloud based rendering service. Is somebody here in the forum who can supply us some animation sample files

That would not be permitted under the EULA if they scenes contained Daz content or shaders - uploading to a render farm isa llowed, but not if the files are going to be kept or accessed by others. You could ask for scene files, for which you would need the original content, and then generate the RIBs from those yourselves.

• edited January 2017

Hi

That would not be permitted under the EULA if they scenes contained Daz content or shaders - uploading to a render farm isa llowed, but not if the files are going to be kept or accessed by others. You could ask for scene files, for which you would need the original content, and then generate the RIBs from those yourselves.

Hi Richard

thank you for your input. The only reason why i am asking is because in DAZ 4.9 MAC  is still a non fixed bug which writes a blank *.Rib file into the "collected" folder

and i am unable to export an animation file to test rendering. This bug is known since Jan 2016 and obviously not fixed yet. Is there any bugfix you can supply so i can move

foreward by myself?

THK Peter

Edited to fix quotes

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited January 2017

I live in Tucson, Arizona and am retired from the University of Arizona. I've had Daz Studio for years but just really started working with it in the last couple of months and while I've gotten some of the basics down, I'm still foundering around in the program. I'd love to meet anyone else in Tucson who uses Daz Studio, Bryce, Carrara, Poser or Hexagon. Over the years I've aquired all of these programs and a lot of content and I'll take all of the help I can get in learning to use it.

Edited to fix quoting

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • HELLO ! every one  I am new to daz. I am currently REeducating my self in 3D/ animation/ pc art/pc graphics :). I had an accident that caused me to become physically disabled, and now some years later and thanks to a very awsome friend (who help me in getting a PC as a xmas present, that can run Daz n other free art programs ) I am also taking online classes in the same areas.

I have a LOT of questions about Daz. Wich I will try my best to find the correct areas in forums to post :). I am happy to be here & looking forward to learning from all of your knowleadge :). Pleez BEAR WIT ME :) as I ask a lot of questions n re educate ( Some of my questions may seem dum). Thank you for reading my post n happy 2017.   

• Welcome @madmaryann001.  The forums are a great place to ask questions and learn from others.  I highly suggest you also make your way over to the New Users Contests and Events thread.  It is a great place to learn and each month has a theme to help you focus and learn.  You can see what everyone else is doing and ask lots of questions.  There are lots of great things happening in the Art Studio forum, too, and several of us have some beginner to advanced tutorials in our threads.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Welcome @madmaryann001.  The forums are a great place to ask questions and learn from others.  I highly suggest you also make your way over to the New Users Contests and Events thread.  It is a great place to learn and each month has a theme to help you focus and learn.  You can see what everyone else is doing and ask lots of questions.  There are lots of great things happening in the Art Studio forum, too, and several of us have some beginner to advanced tutorials in our threads.

Not just the New Users Contest,  there is also the New Users help forum, which was designed with people like you in m,ind.  The people who hang out there are very helpful and friendly, and are just waiting for you to ask questions for them to answer. 

These forums are going to be moderated a little more strictly than our general forums. As a community it will be important for us to cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and encouragement that will allow for our newest additions to have fun and to learn in an environment that is conducive to both.

Once we have got you up and running in these 2 forums then you should feel more condident to venture out into the wider forum world of things like the Art Studio etc,

• Hi

Hi Richard

thank you for your input. The only reason why i am asking is because in DAZ 4.9 MAC  is still a non fixed bug which writes a blank *.Rib file into the "collected" folder

and i am unable to export an animation file to test rendering. This bug is known since Jan 2016 and obviously not fixed yet. Is there any bugfix you can supply so i can move

foreward by myself?

THK Peter

Edited to fix quotes

All I can suggest is opening a support ticket - Techncial Support may be able to give you a workaround.

• Hello, I am Jean, and my real life nickname is Lolito. I usually speak french, I just hope my english is not that bad...

I started with DAZ Studio about eight months ago, but I'm really in it since last December, as it was a month of technical unemployment and I had to stay home and I became a DAZ addict! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    lolitojfr said:

Hello, I am Jean, and my real life nickname is Lolito. I usually speak french, I just hope my english is not that bad...

I started with DAZ Studio about eight months ago, but I'm really in it since last December, as it was a month of technical unemployment and I had to stay home and I became a DAZ addict!

Welcome, Lolito (Jean). Your English is great. Have fun with Daz Studio. There is a lot of good information in the forums.

• New here and the models that are for sale are amazing! But what if we have a question for a seller? My question is for Polish. If I purchause your items will I get .obj files?

Chances are that the products don't contain any OBJ files.   To clarify you will need to file a help request, as Customer Services deal with product support.  https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Hi I am new to the progra, although I have use it lightly in the past.  After I lost my old computer (major HD problems) I reinstalled DAZ with the stuff I had in the old computer.  I am running Windows 10 now.  I am trying to use actors to use in various PS and also Bryce scenes.  Hopefully after going thru all the help files I will be able to do this easier than it has been in the past.

• Greeting:  My name is Taft David Haynes, just call me Dave.  I have played around with Daz Studip 4.9 just for the last year, and haven't invested but 10 hours.  I am a family man. wife and two sons.  My older son and I are a lot alike and we both like animation, drawing, and writing.  I hope this forum can answer some of the questions that support will not answer.  I really love this program, and I have high hopes of using it to make a living in my retirement.

What would I need to create my own hair styles?  Or where would I find content of oriental long hair styles for men?

Thanks

Dave

edited January 2017

If you ask those questions in a new thread,  rather than here in the intor thread, you will probably get more answers. 

a qucik answer to the first question   is   LAMH  

http://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair-free-player

There is a whole long thread somewhere about this.    I will try to find you a link.

Aha     there it is    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14818/look-at-my-hair-lamh-official-thread-update-1-6-0-1-released/p57

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Hi. I am new here. From Indiana. I make pictures. Ahh, blah blah blah. Not much to tell really. You will see me around if I get to messing with this software much ;)

• Hello. I am Eldormain and am brand spankin' new to DAZ. I have run through some of the tutorials and worked the the program a little. I am looking forward to a greater proficiency with it.

I have enjoyed the 3D rendered enviroment for many years. I think it's a great way to tell stories by adding that fanciful touch even as things are looking more real. Various creative arts have been with me from a young age. I enjoy that sort of output. I feel like getting involved with the 3D CG world is long over due.

yes

• Hello my name is Jiru... and i love anime.. 

• Hello everyone ... my name is Jet strange, but you can call me Jet. :)