[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,396
    tkdrobert said:

Unfortunately I still get very bad results. Creepy looking figure without neck. The original Belle 6 loads nicely. So does the G8F Base.

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Ask if Genesis 8 Female file exists
    - Head Morph Label Prefix FHM
    (X) Check Content Type When Adding file
    (X) Overwrite Existing Morphs
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Executing Script
    13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Selecting Preset: /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf
    13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Converting character from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6.duf
    13:01:27 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Belle 6 is of type Actor/Character
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Icons from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Categories from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST): Execution Complete.

Any idea how to improve things?

I have the neck issue on at least one of the firgures I converted.

Edit: I'm getting it on all my conversions except the one I did custom.

Edit: Let me clarify, I have a chuck on the neck that is white.  The skin will not cover the chunk.  Also, the skin of the head (not the face) looks wierd.

Are you having a geometry issue or a texture issue?  The textures from G2 do not usually work with G8 without seams.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534
    tkdrobert said:

Unfortunately I still get very bad results. Creepy looking figure without neck. The original Belle 6 loads nicely. So does the G8F Base.

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Selecting Preset: /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf
    13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Converting character from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Icons from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Categories from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf

Edit: Let me clarify, I have a chuck on the neck that is white.  The skin will not cover the chunk.  Also, the skin of the head (not the face) looks wierd.

Are you having a geometry issue or a texture issue?  The textures from G2 do not usually work with G8 without seams.

Geometry problem.  I applied a G8F skin and the problem did not go away.  I didnt have this problem with your other converters.  G3F to G8F or G2M to G8M.

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

Geometry problem.  I applied a G8F skin and the problem did not go away.  I didnt have this problem with your other converters.  G3F to G8F or G2M to G8M.

Ok, to see if we can fix it, delete the clone, and rename the morphs files and try again.

tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

Ok, to see if we can fix it, delete the clone, and rename the morphs files and try again.

I think I fixed it.  I changed some of the options and did a force conversion.  Now when I load the character, there are no materials.  However when I load materials, everything looks good.

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

I think I fixed it.  I changed some of the options and did a force conversion.  Now when I load the character, there are no materials.  However when I load materials, everything looks good.

Huh, had you deleted the morphs and clone?  If so, one of those was the reason.  The "Force Conversion" just overrides the check for correct metadata.

tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

Huh, had you deleted the morphs and clone?  If so, one of those was the reason.  The "Force Conversion" just overrides the check for correct metadata.

I didn't delete anything

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

I didn't delete anything

Strange. surprise  Was the overwrite morphs option checked?

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

I didn't delete anything

Yes

Capture.JPG
    712 x 411 - 44K
    edited July 2020
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

I didn't delete anything

Yes

Ok, then that makes sense.  

BTW, my recommendation is to UNCHECK "Hide Eyes" when using the 2020 method though.  But if you get results you are happy with...

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I

've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D

paige the eyes.jpg
    1080 x 1440 - 333K
    N3p3nth3 said:

Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I

've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D

How low was the tolerance?  Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method).  The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?

You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).

edited July 2020
    N3p3nth3 said:

How low was the tolerance?  Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method).  The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?

You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).

Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D

I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created. 

The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.

The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).

I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.

Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.

Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.

Post edited by N3p3nth3 on
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D

I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created. 

The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.

The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).

I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.

Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.

Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.

There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with).  You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it. 

N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with).  You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it. 

Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).

FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).

N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).

FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).

Can you post the log?  I want to ensure the "head" morph was identified.

N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

Pm'd you, as it was a mile long. Thanks for taking the time to look at this, I always feel comfortably buying your tools since I know you're going to go out of your way to help your customers.

edited July 2020
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

Pm'd you, as it was a mile long. Thanks for taking the time to look at this, I always feel comfortably buying your tools since I know you're going to go out of your way to help your customers.

Thank you for the kind words.  smiley

Ok, it looks like this conversion did the exact opposite of what you wanted laugh.  Because you had overwrite morphs ON, it removed the existing morphs, including the victoria head morph (which hopefully was fantastic).  Then, it could not find the Paige morph to make it a head morph.  (Unfortunately, the one debug option I seem to NOT have output is what string you input, but it should have been "Paige" I think.  If you search for the string "Head Morphs", you can find the morphs it is converting, and which ones the script thinks are head morphs:

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 Converting Morphs: FBMVictoria6Body,FHMVictoria6Head,PHMEyelashesLength,Paige

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Head Morphs: 

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Other Morphs: FBMVictoria6Body,FHMVictoria6Head,PHMEyelashesLength,Paige

As you can see, Head Morphs is blank and the FHMVictoria6Head is going to use the 2019 conversion method (all the morphs in "Other Morphs" use that, only the Head Morphs are converted using the 2020 method).

My recommendation is

1. Delete the morphs in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)
    2. Change the head morph prefix back to FHM
    3. UNCHECK Overwrite morphs so it won't keep reconverting morphs later
    4. Convert Paige
    5. Delete ONLY the Paige morph from data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs
    6. Change the prefix to Paige
    7. Convert Paige.  Because you have overwrite Morphs unchecked, if you check the log, you should see something like this:
      1. 2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 Converting Morphs: Paige

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Head Morphs: Paige

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Other Morphs: 

N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

Ok, it looks like this conversion did the exact opposite of what you wanted laugh.  Because you had overwrite morphs ON, it removed the existing morphs, including the victoria head morph (which hopefully was fantastic).  Then, it could not find the Paige morph to make it a head morph.  (Unfortunately, the one debug option I seem to NOT have output is what string you input, but it should have been "Paige" I think.  If you search for the string "Head Morphs", you can find the morphs it is converting, and which ones the script thinks are head morphs:

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 Converting Morphs: FBMVictoria6Body,FHMVictoria6Head,PHMEyelashesLength,Paige

2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Other Morphs: FBMVictoria6Body,FHMVictoria6Head,PHMEyelashesLength,Paige

As you can see, Head Morphs is blank and the FHMVictoria6Head is going to use the 2019 conversion method (all the morphs in "Other Morphs" use that, only the Head Morphs are converted using the 2020 method).

My recommendation is

1. Delete the morphs in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)
    4. Convert Paige
    7. Convert Paige.  Because you have overwrite Morphs unchecked, if you check the log, you should see something like this:

That was it! I completely missed that "SC_Paige" was a dial that just pretty much applied "Paige", and couldn't imagine it worked like that... next time will be sure to compare the file sized to see which one is the morph!

Thanks again for both your help and your amazing product(s) - the attached quick render also uses v4 to g8 hair converter. :)

paige face g8.jpg
    1080 x 1440 - 461K
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:
    N3p3nth3 said:

My recommendation is

4. Convert Paige

That was it! I completely missed that "SC_Paige" was a dial that just pretty much applied "Paige", and couldn't imagine it worked like that... next time will be sure to compare the file sized to see which one is the morph!

Thanks again for both your help and your amazing product(s) - the attached quick render also uses v4 to g8 hair converter. :)

Awesome!  I am glad you got it working.  And thank you for posting the image; it looks great!

• ZomZom Posts: 32

Hi.

It seems as an absolutely fantastic tool, but in my hands... well...

I am attempting to convert Custom Genesis 2 Character to Genesis 8, however, I am facing the issue on the picture attached.

This is a picture from my first attempt, the second was even worse. The body and the face seem to have converted fine, but there is that problem with the neck, or rather the scripts move the head to the left for some reason...

I tried to go with the first tool, but it doesn't recognise my saved Character as an actor, and the options for characters with broken metadata did not work either, still gave me Success!!! 0 found - 0 converted. I'm ready to cry now...

Can you help me please with resolving this... pain in the neck?

g2-g8.jpg
    648 x 1080 - 184K
  • The way that head and neck means that the figure wasn't at the origin (0,0,0) during conversion. You need to delete the morphs outside of Daz Studio first (they will be in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs... the root is specified in the first directory for Daz Studio Formats in the Content Manager) and delete the RSCloneGenesis2Female which is in C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs

• ZomZom Posts: 32

The way that head and neck means that the figure wasn't at the origin (0,0,0) during conversion. You need to delete the morphs outside of Daz Studio first (they will be in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs... the root is specified in the first directory for Daz Studio Formats in the Content Manager) and delete the RSCloneGenesis2Female which is in C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs

It worked! Though you knew that it would but... THANK YOU! I'm ready to cry again, only from happiness this time =)

Thanks again for your help and these fantastic tools. Do stay creative =D

• Zom said:

The way that head and neck means that the figure wasn't at the origin (0,0,0) during conversion. You need to delete the morphs outside of Daz Studio first (they will be in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs... the root is specified in the first directory for Daz Studio Formats in the Content Manager) and delete the RSCloneGenesis2Female which is in C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs

It worked! Though you knew that it would but... THANK YOU! I'm ready to cry again, only from happiness this time =)

Thanks again for your help and these fantastic tools. Do stay creative =D

Awesome!  You're welcome.

• Probably a dumb question, but any idea why I can't open up the options for the script?

I checked my directory paths, everthing appears to be in the right place.

Screenshot (5).png
    1920 x 1080 - 556K
    Screenshot (6).png
    1920 x 1080 - 419K
  • DarkRepastDarkRepast Posts: 223
    edited September 2020

I've been trying to convert Giselle 6. I've messed with the tolerance (moved it up and down) but I keep getting these hour glass eyes. Kind of warped.

Any thoughts?

Conversion Problem.jpg
    1470 x 1424 - 581K
    Post edited by DarkRepast on
  • stormfin said:

Probably a dumb question, but any idea why I can't open up the options for the script?

I checked my directory paths, everthing appears to be in the right place.

It looks like you cannot open the script at all, which makes it an installation error.  I would reinstall.

edited September 2020

I've been trying to convert Giselle 6. I've messed with the tolerance (moved it up and down) but I keep getting these hour glass eyes. Kind of warped.

Any thoughts?

I find the best results are using the 2020 method in options.  Make sure Hide Eyes is UNCHECKED.  Turn down the tolerance (0.0005).  Close DS, delete the FHM morph for Giselle, restart DS and the script and immediately convert.  

edited September 2020

Any thoughts?

I find the best results are using the 2020 method in options.  Make sure Hide Eyes is UNCHECKED.  Turn down the tolerance (0.0005).  Close DS, delete the FHM morph for Giselle, restart DS and the script and immediately convert.  

Hi!

First, thank you so much for your reply!

I've got a question...sorry if I missed it somehow but how do you delete the FHM morph? I checked the location listed in the PDF but I couldn't find one.

• I've been trying to convert Giselle 6. I've messed with the tolerance (moved it up and down) but I keep getting these hour glass eyes. Kind of warped.

Any thoughts?

Hi!

I've got a question...sorry if I missed it somehow but how do you delete the FHM morph? I checked the location listed in the PDF but I couldn't find one.

Are you still able to load the G8F with Giselle morphs (even if bad)?  If not, maybe you already deleted it?  

The converted morphs go in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

2020-09-28_7-40-56.jpg
    692 x 685 - 59K
    edited September 2020

Any thoughts?

Hi!

Are you still able to load the G8F with Giselle morphs (even if bad)?  If not, maybe you already deleted it?  

The converted morphs go in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

Wow, I didn't know about that window. Thank you!

Unfortunately, while I did find the FHM morphs and followed the directions, the eyes still come out as I showed in the screenshot above. They're just pinched into hour glasses.

I attempted to reinstall Giselle 6. I've tried converting just the head with an even lower tolerance. Same results.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!