[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• I do not disagree with the fact that a Daz moderator approved the post, with the photo attached. It doesn't matter though, I will just email the photo to Riversoft. :D

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,411

TGSNT said:

How do I create just a Genesis 8 version of the base G2F? I've converted all my other characters with your script and it works great, but it won't seem to create just the base G2F shape for G8F. I can add it to the list manually, and run it, but it won't actually create the shape anywhere that I can find..

Huh.  Good question.  I don't know of a way.  Sorry.

• Politically Incorrect said:

I do not disagree with the fact that a Daz moderator approved the post, with the photo attached. It doesn't matter though, I will just email the photo to Riversoft. :D

Not wanting to derail the thread, but just a quick note - we don't see attachments until after the post is released.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Politically Incorrect said:

I do not disagree with the fact that a Daz moderator approved the post, with the photo attached. It doesn't matter though, I will just email the photo to Riversoft. :D

Not wanting to derail the thread, but just a quick note - we don't see attachments until after the post is released.

Fair enough, Richard. Fair enough.

• MGMOZMGMOZ Posts: 93

I have been trying to solve an issue with the Male equivilent of this G2 to G8 Converter.

I have tried following the directions suggested on this the Female equivilent but all attempts have failed.

In every attempt, I end up with three characters on screen, the G2 character (turned off), a RSCloneGenesis2Male with the Genesis 8 character with it's head way off to the left!

I am about to give up on this product but decided to try one last time via this forum.

What am I doing wrong??

G2 to G8 Conversion Issue.png
    1000 x 800 - 618K

MGMOZ said:

I have been trying to solve an issue with the Male equivilent of this G2 to G8 Converter.

I have tried following the directions suggested on this the Female equivilent but all attempts have failed.

In every attempt, I end up with three characters on screen, the G2 character (turned off), a RSCloneGenesis2Male with the Genesis 8 character with it's head way off to the left!

I am about to give up on this product but decided to try one last time via this forum.

What am I doing wrong??

Why you have 3 characters at the end I don't know without seeing why the script crashed.  However, the head to the left is a common error where you had moved one of the figures before running the script.  The converted morph works to push the head over to where you placed the figure.  You need to delete BOTH the clone and all the morphs and run again.  On first run, the script creates a clone (and never recreates it). You need to delete the clone so the script will regenerate it.  It is located at C:/Users/USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489

Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female will not work for me. I installed it a few different ways and it looks like a clean install but when I click either of the two options for running the scripts I get the following error.

I am running 4.14.1.13 Pro Edition Pub Build.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

loaderror.jpg
    411 x 96 - 7K

Greybro said:

Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female will not work for me. I installed it a few different ways and it looks like a clean install but when I click either of the two options for running the scripts I get the following error.

I am running 4.14.1.13 Pro Edition Pub Build.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

I would need to see the daz log, but at a guess, did you install using Daz Connect?  That causes problems.  If so, uninstall, delete all files Daz Connect installed (you can find the directory from the log when you ran CC), and reinstall using DIM.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,251

Just wondering - if we use this to convert a custom character, will it give a separate morph for the head/body?

I'm looking to convert G2F body morphs for use in G8F, but I like the head morphs I'm already using on G8F, so I only want to use G2F converted body shaping.

BTW, RiverSoftArt, these are Great! I have the one that converts G8F to G3F and it works Really Well!!! Bravo!

I would Really love it if it copied over all of the individual morphs as dials, but I can't remember if that's the case.

Dartanbeck said:

Just wondering - if we use this to convert a custom character, will it give a separate morph for the head/body?

I'm looking to convert G2F body morphs for use in G8F, but I like the head morphs I'm already using on G8F, so I only want to use G2F converted body shaping.

BTW, RiverSoftArt, these are Great! I have the one that converts G8F to G3F and it works Really Well!!! Bravo!

Just a thought, having not tried this idea yet, it may actually be possible to use the G2F Head morph from This Post, and dial it away from the resulting conversion, if I needed to. There's always a way, right?

Aha! I was just watching your awesome video tutorial again and, Yes! It copies over the individual morphs on custom characters! That what I thought!

Question Answered!

In cart, hitting Check Out! :)

Thanks for this amazing product!

Dartanbeck said:

Aha! I was just watching your awesome video tutorial again and, Yes! It copies over the individual morphs on custom characters! That what I thought!

Question Answered!

In cart, hitting Check Out! :)

Thanks for this amazing product!

You're welcome!  I am glad you figured it out.  Yes, every morph is converted individually and can be dialed in/out individually.

Oh Man!!! Worked perfectly for what I need... Thanks Again!!!

Dartanbeck said:

Oh Man!!! Worked perfectly for what I need... Thanks Again!!!

You're very welcome! smiley

Just as a test for adding legacy morphs to G8F, I used GenX2 to add a buch of stuff to G2F, then made a single character with all of those dials turned to anything but default to get them to register as a change.

Then I used this script to make a G8F character called "MorphMix".

It worked! LOL

I have a whole bunch of crazy morphs on G8F now!  ;)

If anyone else does this, and has a hard time finding the morphs, just type for them in Search (Parameters Tab - I never use the Shaping tab)

Most expressions (I added V4) seem to work just fine, as do the body/head shaping morphs, like SP4, V4++, etc.,

Dartanbeck said:

Just as a test for adding legacy morphs to G8F, I used GenX2 to add a buch of stuff to G2F, then made a single character with all of those dials turned to anything but default to get them to register as a change.

Then I used this script to make a G8F character called "MorphMix".

It worked! LOL

I have a whole bunch of crazy morphs on G8F now!  ;)

If anyone else does this, and has a hard time finding the morphs, just type for them in Search (Parameters Tab - I never use the Shaping tab)

Most expressions (I added V4) seem to work just fine, as do the body/head shaping morphs, like SP4, V4++, etc.,

I am glad you are getting the results you hoped!  Thanks for sharing @Dartanbeck

• Seems to work just fine, but it takes a lot of time babysitting to complete. Some characters can take 90 minutes to convert, Lilith for instance had 4 versions and took 5 hours to convert. You can batch them up; but Studio is too crashy for this really and needs a restart every few models. My PC is decent, 12 cores / 64 GB RAM and working from NVMIE SSD.

edited August 2021

Strange. It didn't take nearly that long for me with Gia 6, Aiko 6, Ysabeau 6, etc.,

In fact, I was pleased at how quickly it just moved along.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

kristian-2779397 said:

Seems to work just fine, but it takes a lot of time babysitting to complete. Some characters can take 90 minutes to convert, Lilith for instance had 4 versions and took 5 hours to convert. You can batch them up; but Studio is too crashy for this really and needs a restart every few models. My PC is decent, 12 cores / 64 GB RAM and working from NVMIE SSD.

More than likely you have a huge library?  I don't wait as long as you, but as my library of G8 characters has gotten bigger (and I have converted more characters), the script gets slower.  If DS takes forever to load a G8F in a normal scene, the script will also be slow.  This is because of the number of morphs.  Some recommendations would be:

1. Don't convert JCMs.  There can be a LOT of JCMS and all of them take time.  In practice personally, I don't find they add much.
    2. DEFINITELY, turn off Overwrite morphs.  DS is slow as dirt in deleting morphs and this can kill performance.  If you need to overwrite/delete morphs, do it yourself outside of DS
    3. Make your G8F load faster by renaming the morphs folder (data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs) in both My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs (where products have installed their morphs) and in My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs (where the converted morphs are being saved).  More morphs will be converted (as the script cannot detect that it is creating duplicates) but it will be so much faster.  Then you can intelligently copy over only the converted morphs you need (after renaming the folders back)
  • Hi,

I have bought this product today but get an error when I use "Character Converter G2f to G8F" or the "Convert Custom Character G2f to G8F" script. I tried to install it with DIM and DAZCentral and also deleted the folders and files before I did a new install. Didn't work :(

DAZ Studio Version: 4.15.0.30

LOG:

2021-09-05 12:23:57.726 Loading script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_67659/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse
    2021-09-05 12:23:57.727 Failed to load script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_67659/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse

Your GF3 to GF8 converter works without any problems. Great product btw ;)

Screenshot_2.png
    405 x 94 - 4K
  • butterbrotsammler said:

Hi,

I have bought this product today but get an error when I use "Character Converter G2f to G8F" or the "Convert Custom Character G2f to G8F" script. I tried to install it with DIM and DAZCentral and also deleted the folders and files before I did a new install. Didn't work :(

LOG:

2021-09-05 12:23:57.726 Loading script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_67659/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse
    2021-09-05 12:23:57.727 Failed to load script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_67659/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse

shows that this is actually a Connect install (through Daz Studio itself) - the Install manager/Central install will be ignored while that is there (or at least, showing as there). In Daz Studio right-click on the product container (in Smart Content's Products tab or in the products list in the Content Library pane) and select Uninstall to remove that; if the content directories are correctly set up the other files will be used and those should work (unfortunately a lot of scripts have not been written to work when installed through Connect)

• Richard Haseltine said:

butterbrotsammler said:

Hi,

LOG:

shows that this is actually a Connect install (through Daz Studio itself) - the Install manager/Central install will be ignored while that is there (or at least, showing as there). In Daz Studio right-click on the product container (in Smart Content's Products tab or in the products list in the Content Library pane) and select Uninstall to remove that; if the content directories are correctly set up the other files will be used and those should work (unfortunately a lot of scripts have not been written to work when installed through Connect)

As Richard said, uninstall the Connect version, delete the files in "C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_67659" and install via DIM.

(BTW, my scripts are written to include files the Daz approved way, but it does not work because I break up the scripts into reusable sub-modules (i.e., I have scripts in data/RiverSoft Art/Common that are reusable (if not installed by Connect) and shared by many main scripts, which is basic programming 101).  Daz has an open ticket to fix how they search for files from their API as it does not prioritize searching in the local directories vs all over the system).

• Thx for your reply and help. I did it several times exactly this way before but my mistake was to install it in "Smart Content" -> "Products" in DAZ again. sad

Now it is working. yes

Kind regards

Very useful, I am also very impressed with how 'complete' this toolset for conversion is set up.

Easy and fun to use and then... well... all of my stuff is taken care of!!!

• butterbrotsammler said:

Thx for your reply and help. I did it several times exactly this way before but my mistake was to install it in "Smart Content" -> "Products" in DAZ again. sad

Now it is working. yes

Kind regards

Awesome!  I am glad it is working for you now!

• Dartanbeck said:

Very useful, I am also very impressed with how 'complete' this toolset for conversion is set up.

Easy and fun to use and then... well... all of my stuff is taken care of!!!

Thank you!  I am glad you like it!

• Hey, you should make the Overwrite Existing Morphs option default to no. On a fresh install it was on, and I gave up on a single model after 3 hours. With it off it was done in 1-2 minutes. That's on a fast NVME drive and 12 cores / 64GB.

• kristian-2779397 said:

Hey, you should make the Overwrite Existing Morphs option default to no. On a fresh install it was on, and I gave up on a single model after 3 hours. With it off it was done in 1-2 minutes. That's on a fast NVME drive and 12 cores / 64GB.

Unfortunately, if it defaulted to no, it might not be the correct behavior for a new user (who wouldn't know to delete them manually).  I wanted the correct behavior for someone who did not know what they were doing, even if it was slower.

• ATLPRATLPR Posts: 147

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I purchased all of your converters from DAZ store.

I just tested the Genesis2 Female to Genesis8 Female converter, and all files are corrupt, none of them will launch (not even when I go directly to the directory (the PDF will not even launch) ... so I tried the following remedies (without success):

1. I uninstalled and reinstalled it with DIM - still corrupt (wont work), not even the PDF will launch

2. I manually downloaded my product from the DAZ store - reinstalled it, still corrupt (wont work), not even the PDF will launch

3. I manually added the morph directories to my DAZ CDM:

F:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

F:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

...still corrupt (wont work)

-

NOTE: MY OTHER CONVERTERS LAUNCH NORMALLY.

Also, the files are encrypted, and notepad shows they are in Korean UTF-16 encoding??? Whereas, nothing on my drive is encrypted otherwise and I am USA/English only.

-

Does G2F to G8F work in Windows 10Pro 21H1 x64, DAZ 4.15Pro?

Do you have any suggestions?

-

Thank you

Error Message.png
    1167 x 430 - 65K
    Files are encrypted.png
    1065 x 239 - 31K
    Error Message PDF.png
    1565 x 737 - 54K