[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,396

I'm experiencing the "rubber neck" problem myself. I've gone through the thread and have tried deleting the previous morphs and deleting the clone, ensuring the G2F and G8F are at 0,0,0 and then running the script again. None of these methods have worked, is there anything else I could be missing?

If you are truly deleting all the old morphs and just loading the figures and running, then no, you are doing it right.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2020

I'm having trouble with the eyes. I tried converting Callie 6 three times but her eyes always end up really elongated and oval. I tried to convert Keiko 6 and the same issue arises - the very elongated eyes. I tried following the process laid out here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5403631/#Comment_5403631 and set the tolerance to .02. But that didn't help. I'm still getting the long oval eyes. Does anyone have any suggestions or a fix?

I'm using "Conversion Process 2020 Method" if that makes a difference? Should I be using a different setting?

Edit - I read through as much of the 8 pages as I could, so might have missed something, but I guess this is a known issue without a real fix since characters with larger eyes are kind of on the extreme? If there's no fix or help for this don't sweat it. I will just use the scripts for more average characters and hope that a solution presents itself eventually. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

I'm having trouble with the eyes. I tried converting Callie 6 three times but her eyes always end up really elongated and oval. I tried to convert Keiko 6 and the same issue arises - the very elongated eyes. I tried following the process laid out here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5403631/#Comment_5403631 and set the tolerance to .02. But that didn't help. I'm still getting the long oval eyes. Does anyone have any suggestions or a fix?

I'm using "Conversion Process 2020 Method" if that makes a difference? Should I be using a different setting?

Nothing like the eyes in that post?  Have you converted a lot of other G2F characters?  Perhaps if you temporarily move the other morphs to another location and try again (unchecking the convert JCMs though, that takes way too long).

Another thought, did the eyes change at all between your two conversions?  If not, CC may not have actually done a new morph for the head.  You need to delete the head morph between tries.

Nothing like the eyes in that post?  Have you converted a lot of other G2F characters?  Perhaps if you temporarily move the other morphs to another location and try again (unchecking the convert JCMs though, that takes way too long).

Another thought, did the eyes change at all between your two conversions?  If not, CC may not have actually done a new morph for the head.  You need to delete the head morph between tries.

I've only tried converting Callie and Keiko so far. 

I deleted the morphs for Callie between tries (it took me a while to find them, they where in a folder labelled "3D Universe,DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh" in the data folder under the Genesis 8 Female morphs. Very weird. 

I'll keep trying and maybe I can get it to work. I see that the eyes look good at the link I posted, so there has to be a way to get them to look like that. I'll try again.

I deleted the morphs for Callie between tries (it took me a while to find them, they where in a folder labelled "3D Universe,DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh" in the data folder under the Genesis 8 Female morphs. Very weird. 

I'll keep trying and maybe I can get it to work. I see that the eyes look good at the link I posted, so there has to be a way to get them to look like that. I'll try again.

Sounds like you did everything right.  If you only delete the FHM morph and you set the script so it doesn't overwrite morphs, it will be faster in your attempts.  Please post a log of the conversion.  I want to make sure that it is actually using the 2020 method.  If for some reason, the script cannot find a FHM morph (or whatever prefix you specify), it will fall back to the 2019 methods.

• joneienleahjoneienleah Posts: 27

Hi,

I am having an issue opening the script for Character Converter G2F to G8F. Attached is the error from the log file. I just opened and ran Converter G3F to G8F with no issues. I restarted Daz Studio but the G2F to G8F script won't open. I also tried uninstalling  and reinstalling it.

Thanks.

txt
    txt
    Character Convert G2F_G28 Error.txt
    587B

Hi,

I am having an issue opening the script for Character Converter G2F to G8F. Attached is the error from the log file. I just opened and ran Converter G3F to G8F with no issues. I restarted Daz Studio but the G2F to G8F script won't open. I also tried uninstalling  and reinstalling it.

Thanks.

I believe you have Content Wizard installed.  There is an issue that Content Wizard has an out-of-date file (I think RS2020HelperFunctions.dse).  If you uninstall that product, I believe this product will work.  Please let me know if that is true.

• joneienleahjoneienleah Posts: 27

Hi,

Thanks.

I believe you have Content Wizard installed.  There is an issue that Content Wizard has an out-of-date file (I think RS2020HelperFunctions.dse).  If you uninstall that product, I believe this product will work.  Please let me know if that is true.

I got the script strated now. I'm not sure what exactly worked though. I tried removing RS2020HelperFunctions.dse but received the same errors in the log file. Then I tried uninstalling, close Daz, re-installing using Daz Install Manager instead of Daz Central. Restarted DazStudio and the script open with no issues. I'm wondering if Daz Central could have some bugs when installing certain content.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Hi,

Thanks.

I got the script strated now. I'm not sure what exactly worked though. I tried removing RS2020HelperFunctions.dse but received the same errors in the log file. Then I tried uninstalling, close Daz, re-installing using Daz Install Manager instead of Daz Central. Restarted DazStudio and the script open with no issues. I'm wondering if Daz Central could have some bugs when installing certain content.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

You're welcome.  FYI, I have submitted updates to CW and the Character Converters so hopefully this issue will go away.

edited June 2020

Sounds like you did everything right.  If you only delete the FHM morph and you set the script so it doesn't overwrite morphs, it will be faster in your attempts.  Please post a log of the conversion.  I want to make sure that it is actually using the 2020 method.  If for some reason, the script cannot find a FHM morph (or whatever prefix you specify), it will fall back to the 2019 methods.

I finally figured out the issue. User error, of course - apparently I had done an earlier attempt at transferring Callie 6 but in a different Daz Studio Directory on a different hard drive. So I wasn't finding ALL the Callie 6 morphs when I was deleting them between tries. After tracking down the morphs on the other drive and deleting them, I tried the method outlined by Brugan again. This time it worked much better.

There was still some slight "oval" effect on the iris as well as some minor warping of the eyelids, but I added a smoothing modifier to the figure and that fixed the eyelids. For the slight oval iris I added J Cade's Sakura Iris Oval morph at a negative value: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3179366/#Comment_3179366

I also added ArkadySkies' G2F morph: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3179366/#Comment_3179366

I think after those minor adjustments she came out great!

The skin and hair from Toon Generations Essentials works great with her, imo.

G8F - Callie 6 conversion via Riversoft Script.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    G8F - Callie 6 G8F Transfer w Smoothing and JCade Iris Morph.png
    1000 x 1300 - 860K
    G8F - Callie 6 G8F Transfer w Smoothing and JCade Iris Morph 2.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1002K
    Callie 6 on G8F.jpg
    457 x 284 - 35K
    Post edited by 3Diva on

I finally figured out the issue. User error, of course - apparently I had done an earlier attempt at transferring Callie 6 but in a different Daz Studio Directory on a different hard drive. So I wasn't finding ALL the Callie 6 morphs when I was deleting them between tries. After tracking down the morphs on the other drive and deleting them, I tried the method outlined by Brugan again. This time it worked much better.

There was still some slight "oval" effect on the iris as well as some minor warping of the eyelids, but I added a smoothing modifier to the figure and that fixed the eyelids. For the slight oval iris I added J Cade's Sakura Iris Oval morph at a negative value: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3179366/#Comment_3179366

I also added ArkadySkies' G2F morph: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3179366/#Comment_3179366

It turned out really great!  I am glad you got it working.

edited June 2020

Thank you! And thank you for such great products! I've been longing to have my G2F characters brought up to G8F! :D I'm looking forward to trying it with my custom G2F characters. I'm really glad you made this!

Post edited by 3Diva on

Thank you! And thank you for such great products! I've been longing to have my G2F characters brought up to G8F! :D I'm looking forward to trying it with my custom G2F characters. I'm really glad you made this!

You're welcome!

I have submitted an update.  Hopefully it will be out this week but more likely early next week:

• Added ability to detect and load "character" presets
    • Fixed Head Morphs not being updated 
    • Fixed conversion to not allow empty VendorName or ProductName
    • Fixed conversion to not allow Character Name equal to Female or Male
    • Fixed bug for Duplicate Formula Found errors (Adjusting Rigging To Shape would add bones to JCMs)
    • Fixed bug where JCMs/MCMs were not being set as hidden properties
  • That sounds like it might possibly be a few steps nearer to a V4 to G8F Charcater Converter? ;)

• Hi Riversoft, I just want to say thank you for the great products you've made. Look at Me script has been a favorite of mine since I first bought it. :)
    Hi Riversoft, I just want to say thank you for the great products you've made. Look at Me script has been a favorite of mine since I first bought it. :)

Thank you very much for your kind words! laugh  I wish I could come up with something like Look at Me again; it is an indispensible part of my workflow every day..

• liquid1911liquid1911 Posts: 25

Im trying to convert the genesis 2 figure Miu Zen  to genesis 8 and it seems unable to do so. I applied the shape to Gen 2, changed the parameter settings to modified/shape, and then saved the preset to a Gen 2 preset. I then tried conversion and get a normal G8 character.... I then went back and tried to load the genesis 2 preset character and that also loaded a normal genesis 2 shape with no Miu Zen morphs. Everything worked firn with the Domina character. 

What am I doing wrong? Or, Is Miu Zen just not convertable?

Im trying to convert the genesis 2 figure Miu Zen  to genesis 8 and it seems unable to do so. I applied the shape to Gen 2, changed the parameter settings to modified/shape, and then saved the preset to a Gen 2 preset. I then tried conversion and get a normal G8 character.... I then went back and tried to load the genesis 2 preset character and that also loaded a normal genesis 2 shape with no Miu Zen morphs. Everything worked firn with the Domina character. 

What am I doing wrong? Or, Is Miu Zen just not convertable?

I don't have Miu Zen, but looking at the images it should be convertible.

Since your G2 preset did not load with morphs, the conversion would not do anything either.  I would make sure you can make that work first.

• liquid1911liquid1911 Posts: 25

Thanks all. I was able to get the body morph to save as a preset and convert that. I was not however able to get the head morph to save. I had to break them up to be able to get the body morph to save. I appreciate all the help!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,161
    edited July 2020

Hi,

unfortunately I do still have issues with conversion efforts. Tried the main character converter on Belle 6, Victoria 6 and Teen Josie 6.

Both Belle and Victoria do not have no neck. Teen Josie has one but the eyes look weird. Any ideas or what further info do you need? I do have lots of your products so could there be any problems with one product having a negative impact on another one?

Edit: Just tested The Girl 6. Even worse. No neck and the head looks bad. Don't know what goes wrong. Just recently started to update my complete runtime. So currently there a not much figures installed, just some plus the main morph packages. Have no idea where to look for to fix things.

Thanks,

RWD

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Hi,

unfortunately I do still have issues with conversion efforts. Tried the main character converter on Belle 6, Victoria 6 and Teen Josie 6.

Both Belle and Victoria do not have no neck. Teen Josie has one but the eyes look weird. Any ideas or what further info do you need? I do have lots of your products so could there be any problems with one product having a negative impact on another one?

Edit: Just tested The Girl 6. Even worse. No neck and the head looks bad. Don't know what goes wrong. Just recently started to update my complete runtime. So currently there a not much figures installed, just some plus the main morph packages. Have no idea where to look for to fix things.

Thanks,

RWD

The best thing to do is RENAME the converted morphs directory.  The converted morphs go in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button).  Rename the Morphs to OldMorphs so Daz does not pull it in while loading G8F.  Now, try to convert Belle or Victoria.  I would uncheck the convert JCMs just because the conversion goes faster.  Did it work properly?  If not, can you post the daz log of the conversion?

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,161
    edited July 2020

Unfortunately I still get very bad results. Creepy looking figure without neck. The original Belle 6 loads nicely. So does the G8F Base.

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Ask if Genesis 8 Female file exists
    - Head Morph Label Prefix FHM
    (X) Check Content Type When Adding file
    (X) Overwrite Existing Morphs
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Executing Script
    13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Selecting Preset: /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf
    13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Converting character from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6.duf
    13:01:27 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Belle 6 is of type Actor/Character
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Icons from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Categories from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST): Execution Complete.

Any idea how to improve things?

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Unfortunately I still get very bad results. Creepy looking figure without neck. The original Belle 6 loads nicely. So does the G8F Base.

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Selecting Preset: /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf
    13:01:20 GMT+0200 (CEST): Converting character from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Icons from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf
    13:02:40 GMT+0200 (CEST):      Copy Categories from /Volumes/ExternalSSD/3D/RuntimeSSD/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Belle 6.duf to /Users/.../Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Converted from G2F/Belle 6 Genesis 8.duf

I need to see the DAZ log, not the abbreviated log shown in the dialog.  (BTW, I would uncheck overwrite morphs and just delete/rename old morphs as I mentioned in the previous message.  Daz takes a LONG time to delete morphs)

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,341
    edited July 2020
    Barzoff said:

Looks like my Ninive will have a second life! She has always been my favorite character.

Thank you!

I bought this for Ninive alone!  Ninive is one of my all time favorites too. (All other conversions are a bonus.)

Post edited by Gogger on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534

So far, it looks like all my G2 females got converted.  I haven't fully examined them yet.

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

I need to see the DAZ log, not the abbreviated log shown in the dialog.  (BTW, I would uncheck overwrite morphs and just delete/rename old morphs as I mentioned in the previous message.  Daz takes a LONG time to delete morphs)

I forgot to mention, make sure you delete the clone too before retrying.

Gogger said:
    Barzoff said:

Looks like my Ninive will have a second life! She has always been my favorite character.

Thank you!

I bought this for Ninive alone!  Ninive is one of my all time favorites too. (All other conversions are a bonus.)

Thanks.  I love Ninive too.

tkdrobert said:

So far, it looks like all my G2 females got converted.  I haven't fully examined them yet.

Excellent!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534
    edited July 2020

My settings:

- Continue On Error
    - Tolerance 0.060
    - 2020 Method

Here's the log:

I have the neck issue on at least one of the firgures I converted.

Edit: I'm getting it on all my conversions except the one I did custom.

Edit: Let me clarify, I have a chuck on the neck that is white.  The skin will not cover the chunk.  Also, the skin of the head (not the face) looks wierd.

Post edited by tkdrobert on