[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• ATLPR said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I purchased all of your converters from DAZ store.

I just tested the Genesis2 Female to Genesis8 Female converter, and all files are corrupt, none of them will launch (not even when I go directly to the directory (the PDF will not even launch) ... so I tried the following remedies (without success):

1. I uninstalled and reinstalled it with DIM - still corrupt (wont work), not even the PDF will launch

2. I manually downloaded my product from the DAZ store - reinstalled it, still corrupt (wont work), not even the PDF will launch

3. I manually added the morph directories to my DAZ CDM:

F:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

F:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs

...still corrupt (wont work)

-

NOTE: MY OTHER CONVERTERS LAUNCH NORMALLY.

Also, the files are encrypted, and notepad shows they are in Korean UTF-16 encoding??? Whereas, nothing on my drive is encrypted otherwise and I am USA/English only.

-

Does G2F to G8F work in Windows 10Pro 21H1 x64, DAZ 4.15Pro?

Do you have any suggestions?

-

Thank you

Yes, this converter works.  Can I see the log when you try to start it? 

• ATLPRATLPR Posts: 147
    edited October 2021

Hi, thank you for the reply,

Error is not logged, see screen capture taken directly after clicking the launch icon, (more info below)...

-

GOAL: My goal is to take the face morph, excellent skin, and "fairy eyes" shape and texture from Ysabeau 6 and apply it all sorts of Genesis 8 characters on a trial basis.

-

PROBLEM UPDATE:

I discovered that your G2-G8F CONVERTER was installed "with/inside DAZ" on my computer and (even when I tried to reinstall the converter with DIM), DAZ was defaulting to the "cloud" content.

=>Therefore, I deleted the converter cloud content, and restarted DAZ.

Result: The Content Icons are now visible in DAZ (defaults to the DIM content now), but when you click them they do not work ... However, when you browse to the converter file location, THE FILES DO WORK.

I restarted DAZ again, but it still does not connect the icons to the content, (see error message image attached).

MITIGATION: Therefore, I created a desktop shortcut/link to the G2-G8Fconverter content.

-

CONVERTER TEST: I followed your youtube tutorial and tried to convert Ysabeau 6 to G8F

RESULT(s): 

1. Converting the Ysabeau 6 Actor preset via "Character Converter" Icon:  It almost worked fully (pretty good clone), with the major exception - the eyes do not convert (must be too extreme of a shape???).

2. Converting the Ysabeau 6 Actor preset via "Converter Custom Character" Icon: I used this option to try to capture the "Fairy eyes," but got the same eye error, and it produced 3 characters ... The input was Ysabeau 6 Actor preset + G8F Basic ... see the attached image of the tripple output.

-

See attached other images (todays logfile entries seem to have appended over yesterdays cloud issue log).

Image-1: Tripple characters (Left is an unknown G2F character [that use to be G8F basic], in the middle is an unknown "RSclone," on the right is Ysabeau 6 converted to G8F with the wrong eyes).

Image-2: is the converter Icon launch (current) error that must be a directory configuration error.

Image-3: The log does not capture the icon launch error, and the Daz cloud issue has been erased.

Image-4: A screen capture inside the eye [may] suggest that the eye copied inside out???

-

I must study your converter a bit more to better understand it and learn all the capabilities.

E.G. I wonder what would happen [if] I copied the contents from the DIM content zip into the cloud folders???

Thank you

Custom convert tripple character.png
    1644 x 404 - 267K
    Current problem is a Daz to script disconnect.png
    499 x 104 - 6K
    Log file does not record current Daz-converter disconnect.png
    803 x 825 - 82K
    Eye is inside out.png
    818 x 607 - 454K
    Post edited by ATLPR on
  • ATLPR said:

Hi, thank you for the reply,

Error is not logged, see screen capture taken directly after clicking the launch icon, (more info below)...

-

GOAL: My goal is to take the face morph, excellent skin, and "fairy eyes" shape and texture from Ysabeau 6 and apply it all sorts of Genesis 8 characters on a trial basis.

-

PROBLEM UPDATE:

I discovered that your G2-G8F CONVERTER was installed "with/inside DAZ" on my computer and (even when I tried to reinstall the converter with DIM), DAZ was defaulting to the "cloud" content.

=>Therefore, I deleted the converter cloud content, and restarted DAZ.

Result: The Content Icons are now visible in DAZ (defaults to the DIM content now), but when you click them they do not work ... However, when you browse to the converter file location, THE FILES DO WORK.

I restarted DAZ again, but it still does not connect the icons to the content, (see error message image attached).

MITIGATION: Therefore, I created a desktop shortcut/link to the G2-G8Fconverter content.

-

CONVERTER TEST: I followed your youtube tutorial and tried to convert Ysabeau 6 to G8F

RESULT(s): 

1. Converting the Ysabeau 6 Actor preset via "Character Converter" Icon:  It almost worked fully (pretty good clone), with the major exception - the eyes do not convert (must be too extreme of a shape???).

2. Converting the Ysabeau 6 Actor preset via "Converter Custom Character" Icon: I used this option to try to capture the "Fairy eyes," but got the same eye error, and it produced 3 characters ... The input was Ysabeau 6 Actor preset + G8F Basic ... see the attached image of the tripple output.

-

See attached other images (todays logfile entries seem to have appended over yesterdays cloud issue log).

Image-1: Tripple characters (Left is an unknown G2F character [that use to be G8F basic], in the middle is an unknown "RSclone," on the right is Ysabeau 6 converted to G8F with the wrong eyes).

Image-2: is the converter Icon launch (current) error that must be a directory configuration error.

Image-3: The log does not capture the icon launch error, and the Daz cloud issue has been erased.

Image-4: A screen capture inside the eye [may] suggest that the eye copied inside out???

-

I must study your converter a bit more to better understand it and learn all the capabilities.

E.G. I wonder what would happen [if] I copied the contents from the DIM content zip into the cloud folders???

Thank you

Do not put the contents in the cloud folders.  I would recommend uninstall the DIM and the Daz Connect (cloud) versions.  Make sure the files are actually deleted and then reinstall using DIM.

Do not put the contents in the cloud folders.  I would recommend uninstall the DIM and the Daz Connect (cloud) versions.  Make sure the files are actually deleted and then reinstall using DIM.

Thank you, yes, I will - I will have to circle back [later] tho.

Unfortunately, it is "Game Over" for now ... While trying to fix the G2F-G8F converter, I managed to delete the "DAZ 3D" folder from within my user-public-DOCUMENTS DIRECTORY, and lost all of my DIM download content (682GB), LIKE A BIG DUMB DUMB.

=>The good news is I backed up everything 9-6-21 (10GB less content that I'll have to figure out what Items and which store it came from tho).

=>It will take time to restore the lost content - I decided to [Identify] the lost files by carving the manifest files from the deleted data (using the forensic data recovery capability GetData-RecoverMyFiles Pro) on the drive in question (to see if I can get it all back including manifest files). I have to use "GetData" because I need Direct Access-RAID-File Signature mode...the volume my lost files were on is composed of 2 NAS HDD's Dynamic partition in RAID-0, and I overwrote some of the volume already, before I realized what had happened). The reason for mentioning this is that I don't want to overwrite anything else on that volume until the recovery process completes (so I can't even start DAZ at the moment to use the G2F-G8F Converter, nor put my 9-6-21 DIM backup in place, because it is on the same RAID volume I'm carving my deleted files from).

-

The G3F to G8F converter I bought from you at DAZ store works fine "out of the box" ... May I ask please - is there any chance you can update the G2F to G8F Converter to work like your G3F converter, so that users like me wont have to tinker, and screw something up (as I did)?

-

Thank you for all of your time anyway ... I will watch Squid Game Season-1 on Netflix while I await the recovery process : ) .

Recovery in progress.png
    1515 x 677 - 92K
  • ATLPR said:

Thank you, yes, I will - I will have to circle back [later] tho.

Unfortunately, it is "Game Over" for now ... While trying to fix the G2F-G8F converter, I managed to delete the "DAZ 3D" folder from within my user-public-DOCUMENTS DIRECTORY, and lost all of my DIM download content (682GB), LIKE A BIG DUMB DUMB.

=>The good news is I backed up everything 9-6-21 (10GB less content that I'll have to figure out what Items and which store it came from tho).

=>It will take time to restore the lost content - I decided to [Identify] the lost files by carving the manifest files from the deleted data (using the forensic data recovery capability GetData-RecoverMyFiles Pro) on the drive in question (to see if I can get it all back including manifest files). I have to use "GetData" because I need Direct Access-RAID-File Signature mode...the volume my lost files were on is composed of 2 NAS HDD's Dynamic partition in RAID-0, and I overwrote some of the volume already, before I realized what had happened). The reason for mentioning this is that I don't want to overwrite anything else on that volume until the recovery process completes (so I can't even start DAZ at the moment to use the G2F-G8F Converter, nor put my 9-6-21 DIM backup in place, because it is on the same RAID volume I'm carving my deleted files from).

-

The G3F to G8F converter I bought from you at DAZ store works fine "out of the box" ... May I ask please - is there any chance you can update the G2F to G8F Converter to work like your G3F converter, so that users like me wont have to tinker, and screw something up (as I did)?

-

Thank you for all of your time anyway ... I will watch Squid Game Season-1 on Netflix while I await the recovery process : ) .

Eeek!  Thank goodness you can recover!

Both of the Character converters work out of the box.  The G3 to G8 is simpler as the figures are more alike.  There is tweaking you can do to make the conversion better for specific characters, but unfortunately that is part of the process.  I couldn't make it so it works perfectly for all types.

• Hey, Riversoft!

I'm Genexer

I have been on YouTube telling you that your Character Converter does not work.

I am now writing to apologize. It was my fault, I wasn't following the steps correctly.

I just converted a dozen G3M Characters succesfully.

I watched the tutorial and then used the "Add Files" Method by following the instructions in the script.

I love this script because I think G3 faces are much more beautiful, and now I can have all those G3 faces on G8 characters.

Thank you very much, Riversoft! You are a genus! Greetings from Argentina!

Foto RSConverter 1.png
    887 x 503 - 128K
    edited October 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

Both of the Character converters work out of the box.  The G3 to G8 is simpler as the figures are more alike.  There is tweaking you can do to make the conversion better for specific characters, but unfortunately that is part of the process.  I couldn't make it so it works perfectly for all types.

THANK YOU, I'M BACK TO STATUS QUO NOW.

PROBLEM SOLVED ... I GRABBED THE ZIP FILE FROM MY DIM DOWNLOADS, AND EXTRACTED THE CONTENTS TO HERE:

X:\Users\z\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67659

(my cloud content location, where X=my drive letter and z=my username)

RESULT: It works now (regular script, custom, and PDF) all launch and work perfectly.

-

CROSS-CHECK: [if] I click-install within DAZ again, it BREAKS your program all over again, and I have to delete it, and extract the DIM zip content into the cloud folder all over again...and that fixes it again.

-

PRELIMINARY CONCLUSION: Cloud-zip contents are bad. Perhaps the issue may be as simple as THE ZIP FILE IS CORRUPT THAT RESIDES ON THE DAZ SERVER for cloud content... re-uploading the current zip (you keep on the DAZ DIM server) onto the DAZ cloud server may be the remedy.

-

NOTE: One exception is that the eyes still turn out dark and screwed up unfortunately.

-

I also own your "Content Wizard" and see you put out an update a couple days ago, thank you.

-

Thank you

Post edited by ATLPR on
  • genexer.rockstar said:

Hey, Riversoft!

I'm Genexer

I have been on YouTube telling you that your Character Converter does not work.

I am now writing to apologize. It was my fault, I wasn't following the steps correctly.

I just converted a dozen G3M Characters succesfully.

I watched the tutorial and then used the "Add Files" Method by following the instructions in the script.

I love this script because I think G3 faces are much more beautiful, and now I can have all those G3 faces on G8 characters.

Thank you very much, Riversoft! You are a genus! Greetings from Argentina!

De nada!  I am glad it is working for you.

• ATLPR said:

RiverSoftArt said:

THANK YOU, I'M BACK TO STATUS QUO NOW.

PROBLEM SOLVED ... I GRABBED THE ZIP FILE FROM MY DIM DOWNLOADS, AND EXTRACTED THE CONTENTS TO HERE:

X:\Users\z\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_67659

(my cloud content location, where X=my drive letter and z=my username)

RESULT: It works now (regular script, custom, and PDF) all launch and work perfectly.

-

CROSS-CHECK: [if] I click-install within DAZ again, it BREAKS your program all over again, and I have to delete it, and extract the DIM zip content into the cloud folder all over again...and that fixes it again.

-

PRELIMINARY CONCLUSION: Cloud-zip contents are bad. Perhaps the issue may be as simple as THE ZIP FILE IS CORRUPT THAT RESIDES ON THE DAZ SERVER for cloud content... re-uploading the current zip (you keep on the DAZ DIM server) onto the DAZ cloud server may be the remedy.

-

NOTE: One exception is that the eyes still turn out dark and screwed up unfortunately.

-

I also own your "Content Wizard" and see you put out an update a couple days ago, thank you.

-

Thank you

My scripts and Daz Connect do not work well together at all.  There is the issue you found.  Additionally, I reuse a LOT of support scripts and Daz will grab different versions from all over the place causing versioning problems.

It really depends on the options you use.  Are you following the manual?  In the manual: 

The Conversion Process radio group defines which conversion method to use when converting morphs. It is highly recommended to use the 2020 conversion method, as it gives the best results. The other two methods are provided for compatibility with the Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 conversion scripts, and for edge cases that might be better served by their processes. ▪ Original Method (Legacy) – Turn the Tolerance slider way down (e.g., 0.005 or less) for this method. The Hide Eyes checkbox should not be checked. ▪ 2019 Method - The Hide Eyes checkbox should be checked with this option. Lower tolerances are helpful. ▪ 2020 Method - The Hide Eyes checkbox should not be checked. Lower tolerances are helpful.

edited October 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

My scripts and Daz Connect do not work well together at all.  There is the issue you found.  Additionally, I reuse a LOT of support scripts and Daz will grab different versions from all over the place causing versioning problems.

It really depends on the options you use.  Are you following the manual?  In the manual: 

The Conversion Process radio group defines which conversion method to use when converting morphs. It is highly recommended to use the 2020 conversion method, as it gives the best results. The other two methods are provided for compatibility with the Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 conversion scripts, and for edge cases that might be better served by their processes. ▪ Original Method (Legacy) – Turn the Tolerance slider way down (e.g., 0.005 or less) for this method. The Hide Eyes checkbox should not be checked. ▪ 2019 Method - The Hide Eyes checkbox should be checked with this option. Lower tolerances are helpful. ▪ 2020 Method - The Hide Eyes checkbox should not be checked. Lower tolerances are helpful.

Excellent, thank you, I collected and archived your admonishments, advice and pearls of wisdom from above.

I'm just getting started, I've only recently got the PDF to work, so I'll definately be studying it.

I used 2020 method (100% default settings), while following your video on the product page, (because I did not have the PDF working during my first attempts).

-

DAZ LIKES MODULARITY AND USES GOOGLE DRIVE ... 

Therefore,

[If] each PA stored their files on their own Google Cloud drive (accessed controlled by DAZ for "cloud content"), PA's could maintain their content. You or DAZ could then maintain a date stamp for versioning issues and delete older files according to the date stamp within their servers [AKA Google Cloud Drive 35.225.38.95].

e.g. (YEARLY DELETE EXAMPLE IN POWERSHELL GOOGLE API): see attached image

..............THIS ALSO FORCES PA'S TO REVIEW AND UPDATE ALL OF THEIR CONTENT ONCE YEARLY (BEFORE THE DEADLINE DATE STAMP) OR RISK BEING DELETED.

Thank you.

Google drive delete.png
    998 x 598 - 39K
    Post edited by ATLPR on
  • ATLPR said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Excellent, thank you, I collected and archived your admonishments, advice and pearls of wisdom from above.

I'm just getting started, I've only recently got the PDF to work, so I'll definately be studying it.

I used 2020 method (100% default settings), while following your video on the product page, (because I did not have the PDF working during my first attempts).

-

DAZ LIKES MODULARITY AND USES GOOGLE DRIVE ... 

Therefore,

[If] each PA stored their files on their own Google Cloud drive (accessed controlled by DAZ for "cloud content"), PA's could maintain their content. You or DAZ could then maintain a date stamp for versioning issues and delete older files according to the date stamp within their servers [AKA Google Cloud Drive 35.225.38.95].

e.g. (YEARLY DELETE EXAMPLE IN POWERSHELL GOOGLE API): see attached image

..............THIS ALSO FORCES PA'S TO REVIEW AND UPDATE ALL OF THEIR CONTENT ONCE YEARLY (BEFORE THE DEADLINE DATE STAMP) OR RISK BEING DELETED.

Thank you.

I don't think this is something that Daz would do as it requires google drive, but you could try.  This is realy a request to Daz.

• None of character converter work.
    I did what is written in the tutorial. Character converter doesn't open.
    I then uninstalled everyting and installed through DIM. Biut I still get the same error.
    Before formatting my PC, Character converter worked.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • alicesacco_d28bc20fdb said:

None of character converter work.
    I did what is written in the tutorial. Character converter doesn't open.
    I then uninstalled everyting and installed through DIM. Biut I still get the same error.
    Before formatting my PC, Character converter worked.

If you look at the log, it is pulling in mostly files from the Daz Connect install of the Character Converter from G3M to G8M instead of from G2F to G8F:

2021-11-28 16:47:36.835 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Alice/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_49263/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
    2021-11-28 16:47:36.845 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Alice/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa
    2021-11-28 16:47:36.853 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Alice/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa

63107 is Character Converter from G3M to G8M and 49263 is Now-Crowd Billboards - Santa's Elves.  Daz Studio gets confused when it does this and fails on loading and parsing the last file above.  You *might* be able to get it to work by updating Character Converter from G3M to G8M as it might have old versions of the same files, but I doubt it. The best thing to do is uninstall those two products, delete the files in the /cloud/1_49263 and 1_63107 directories, and installing them via DIM.    If you *still* get errors, look at the log, and you will probably see the same type of errors because of other products installed via Daz Connect.  You will have to repeat the process.  Sorry, this is tedious but a known limitation in DS.  Daz has started removing Daz Connect as an allowable install type for my products but some products still have that and they only started doing that this year.

• RE: Using the Character Converter G2 to G8. Nothing about the Custom Converter.

While converting G2 characters I noticed the results were more miss than hit. After clearing out all the morphs and letting the script recreate the G2 clone I started by converting standard chars. This means not converting chars that were based on another base; e.g. FWSA Effie for Keiko 6 is a derivative of the base char Keiko 6. Belle 6 is a base character.

After converting some base G2 chars to G8 and getting pretty good results, I started trying to convert derived chars. Effie for Keiko 6 seemed to convert pretty close after several attempts messing with the Tolerance values and having to redo the FHM a few times. Then I proceeded to FWF Sakura for Keiko 6. The converted head looked huge and distorted. So I tried a different derived char; FWSA Grace for V7. Same basic result, head was huge and body was scaled odd.

I always have the DS log file tailed in powershell and noticed the "Loaded Morph" lines for these derived conversions were pulling from entirely different directories. Instead of the converted morphs directories they were coming from prior conversion locations. This seemed odd behavior.

I contacted Riversoft and spent a couple days attempting various things to try to identify the source of the problem. After clearing the conversion morphs and clone several times I noticed that when I chose the source .duf file it was located in the [cloud\connect] directory. I was performing a <char_name.duf> search and letting that be the source DUF.

I started using the standard char location: [<DS root dir>\People\Genesis 2 Female\Characters] (I'll call this the actual G2 char location) as source and further conversions showed the correct morphs were being loaded from the correct converted locations. I initially thought this had to do with the morph directories being based on the [Vendor Name]\[Product Name] since some of the Vendor names contain spaces, commas and hyphens. When using the actual G2 char location as source almost all the problems went away. I could convert derived chars and when loading them the log showed the correct morph directories were used.

This leads to the question: Does using the [cloud\connect] directory (the 1_<product number>) as the source for DUF files cause something odd to happen so subsequent conversions cause wrong directories to be referenced when loading the converted char? This is the behavior I saw. Subsequent conversions seemed to pull FHM and FBM files from prior converted morph directories, so chars ended up with all kinds of problems. Using the actual G2 char location as source does not exhibit this behavior.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get certain chars to convert where the eyelids are not ballooned. Sometimes converting using 2020 then converting the head using 2019 (hide eyes) or Legacy gives the best results. Even though each element is converted using a different method, the final converted char seems to match up fine (body to head).

Has anyone else noticed the log file showing after-conversion/converted-char-loading pulling morphs from a previous converted location when using [cloud\connect] DUF files?

Just curious to know if this is isolated to my installation, DS 4.16 and/or the directory handling of DS.

Thanks

• Hi I recently bought your product and it did not work until I uninstalled it and manually installed it into my library. However, Now I have a problem when I follow your tut and that it is when I go to daz connect file the only option it leads me to is cloud.If I do it in my library only options I have are clothes.I have no way of getting to people or characters as all I got is cloud.I know I have a few gen 2 characters and cannot find them in the file directory.I alos cliked ona few gen 8 figures that "actually do have the option of looking to file location and once again all of them lead me to cloud and a number beside it.That is the only options I have and I really do not want to return both programs male and female for gen 2 and 8 as I want to use them.Please let me know what I can do?.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,936

/data/cloud/ is used for products isntalled through Connect (through daz Studio, that is) - each gets a folder in the cloud folder, named with 1_ followed by the SKU.

• Ok so how do I get to the characters for gen 2 if all it shows is cloud?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,411

virtualreality42 said:

Ok so how do I get to the characters for gen 2 if all it shows is cloud?

If you have installed anything through DIM, you can bring DIM up, go to options (the gear icon), Advanced Settings, Installation tab, and look at the Label/Path at the bottom.  Then the characters would be under that directory/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters

• Unfortunetly I am not using Dim last time i used that it wiped my whole library out and it took days to get it back.I only use connect or whatever it is when i download direclty from my studio and manual.

virtualreality42 said:

Unfortunetly I am not using Dim last time i used that it wiped my whole library out and it took days to get it back.I only use connect or whatever it is when i download direclty from my studio and manual.

Ok, then where is your normal Daz content?  For windows, by default, it is Documents/My Daz 3D Library. 

• Blah! it appears no matter what I do I get the same result.Meaning no matter where I look for daz it either leads to no characters or file folder after folder.I have even tried to click on one character in my studio itself that says browse to folder location. that takes me to c drive and when I click on stuff it just goes folder to folder to folder then no characters.The only place I see characters at all is in the cloud and I have alot of them. But they all goes by number no name.I simply cannot find anywhere like what I watched in your video sadly.Oh I can get to people as you show on your video but when I click on it it just goes to clothing.If I click on daz connect library it just goes to data then cloud nothing more nothing less.

virtualreality42 said:

Blah! it appears no matter what I do I get the same result.Meaning no matter where I look for daz it either leads to no characters or file folder after folder.I have even tried to click on one character in my studio itself that says browse to folder location. that takes me to c drive and when I click on stuff it just goes folder to folder to folder then no characters.The only place I see characters at all is in the cloud and I have alot of them. But they all goes by number no name.I simply cannot find anywhere like what I watched in your video sadly.Oh I can get to people as you show on your video but when I click on it it just goes to clothing.If I click on daz connect library it just goes to data then cloud nothing more nothing less.

Perhaps posting the log?  Or can you record a video of your actions?

• The best I can do right now is screen shots.If you look closely you will see the routes I go and what the end result is.

Screenshot (6).png
    2560 x 1440 - 135K
    Screenshot (5).png
    2560 x 1440 - 235K
    Screenshot (4).png
    2560 x 1440 - 126K

virtualreality42 said:

The best I can do right now is screen shots.If you look closely you will see the routes I go and what the end result is.

Ok, your screenshot 6 shows the My Library folder under Documents/Daz 3D/Studio, which I also have.  On my system, under DOCUMENTS, there is also a "My Daz 3D Library" which is where non-Daz Connect installed stuff is going. If I look at the Content Directory Manager in DS (press F2, Content Pane, and then click "Content Directory Manager..." button), both of these show up on my system:

What do you have?

Also, you only showed Windows Explorer screenshots.  What happens when you start "Character Converter G2F to G8F", click "Add Directory" and select Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female or Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library?  What does the log say?

• Hmmmm ok I will reply tomorrow with what I got out of all this when I got alittle more time just wanted to let you know so you know I have not given up yet.However,when I followed your instructions with the content directory I found people in my other drive.Basically I have two things going on c and one "my daz library" on an alternate drive.So I have found where they are but yea their is always a "but" but I will get into that tomorrow.I thank you for your time trying to help me on this and I will go in more detail come tommorow.

• So you can see I found the missing people in H drive. However it only shows 2 and I have a lot more.That leads me to believe they are probably part of the cloud in which I have no idea what to do.You can also see when I go to daz my library that it just shows clothes under genesis 2 female. I am rather new to all this but not a noob when it comes to tech but files stuff usually I can figure out but its not my strong area.It took me ages just to figure out how to download thrid party conent lol.Originally I was trying to put daz content on H drive in full.But for some reason most went to c and I have lost my content twice trying to move it and gave up and let most of it go to c. Simply because I am using satellite internet and can only download so much.Either way its got me all stumped.

Screenshot (7).png
    2560 x 1440 - 383K
    Screenshot (8).png
    2560 x 1440 - 372K
    Screenshot (9).png
    2560 x 1440 - 355K

virtualreality42 said:

So you can see I found the missing people in H drive. However it only shows 2 and I have a lot more.That leads me to believe they are probably part of the cloud in which I have no idea what to do.You can also see when I go to daz my library that it just shows clothes under genesis 2 female. I am rather new to all this but not a noob when it comes to tech but files stuff usually I can figure out but its not my strong area.It took me ages just to figure out how to download thrid party conent lol.Originally I was trying to put daz content on H drive in full.But for some reason most went to c and I have lost my content twice trying to move it and gave up and let most of it go to c. Simply because I am using satellite internet and can only download so much.Either way its got me all stumped.

According to your screenshot 9, you are selecting the Clothing folder, which of course has no characters in it. 

Also, I still need to see the log from when you add directory (Help->TroubleShooting->View Log File).  Not the whole log file, just the part from when you started the Character Converter.

• "You are selecting the clothing folder" Thats because that is the only option under "people".

• Both

Screenshot (11).png
    2560 x 1440 - 493K
    Screenshot (12).png
    2560 x 1440 - 328K

virtualreality42 said:

"You are selecting the clothing folder" Thats because that is the only option under "people".

You are supposed to be selecting the folder you are showing in screenshot 8, or the second and third entries you show on in screenshot 7.  That catches everything you have NOT installed by Daz Connect.  For Daz Connect, you need to add the whole My Daz Connect Library directory and let it search everything sad.  If still nothing shows up, show me the Daz Log.  Then I can let you know WHY.