[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• I've been trying to convert Giselle 6. I've messed with the tolerance (moved it up and down) but I keep getting these hour glass eyes. Kind of warped.

Any thoughts?

I find the best results are using the 2020 method in options.  Make sure Hide Eyes is UNCHECKED.  Turn down the tolerance (0.0005).  Close DS, delete the FHM morph for Giselle, restart DS and the script and immediately convert.  

Hi!

First, thank you so much for your reply!

I've got a question...sorry if I missed it somehow but how do you delete the FHM morph? I checked the location listed in the PDF but I couldn't find one.

Are you still able to load the G8F with Giselle morphs (even if bad)?  If not, maybe you already deleted it?  

The converted morphs go in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

Wow, I didn't know about that window. Thank you!

Unfortunately, while I did find the FHM morphs and followed the directions, the eyes still come out as I showed in the screenshot above. They're just pinched into hour glasses.

I attempted to reinstall Giselle 6. I've tried converting just the head with an even lower tolerance. Same results.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

I forgot.  You can try deleting the clone too first.

Also, this user has a suggestion for some iris problems in the eyes: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5482716/#Comment_5482716 ;

• I've been trying to convert Giselle 6. I've messed with the tolerance (moved it up and down) but I keep getting these hour glass eyes. Kind of warped.

Any thoughts?

I find the best results are using the 2020 method in options.  Make sure Hide Eyes is UNCHECKED.  Turn down the tolerance (0.0005).  Close DS, delete the FHM morph for Giselle, restart DS and the script and immediately convert.  

Hi!

I've got a question...sorry if I missed it somehow but how do you delete the FHM morph? I checked the location listed in the PDF but I couldn't find one.

Are you still able to load the G8F with Giselle morphs (even if bad)?  If not, maybe you already deleted it?  

The converted morphs go in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

Unfortunately, while I did find the FHM morphs and followed the directions, the eyes still come out as I showed in the screenshot above. They're just pinched into hour glasses.

I attempted to reinstall Giselle 6. I've tried converting just the head with an even lower tolerance. Same results.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Also, this user has a suggestion for some iris problems in the eyes: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5482716/#Comment_5482716 ;

That link seemed to be pretty G3 specific. I'll just tool around some more, see if I come up with anything. Unfortunately, no modifications at all seem to change how the eyes come out. In fact, they come out the exact same every time.

Any thoughts?

Hi!

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

That link seemed to be pretty G3 specific. I'll just tool around some more, see if I come up with anything. Unfortunately, no modifications at all seem to change how the eyes come out. In fact, they come out the exact same every time.

Sorry, those are all my suggestions.

• I appreciate all your attempts to help! 

Crazy that the eyes on Giselle 6 proved to be so troublesome :(

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

I've been trying to convert Giselle 6. I've messed with the tolerance (moved it up and down) but I keep getting these hour glass eyes. Kind of warped.

Any thoughts?

Hi!

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Looks a bit similar to the problems I had earlier... is the head morph getting properly recognized?

• Sorry to go off topic, but how is progress with the V4 - G8F Character Conversion going?

• Sorry to go off topic, but how is progress with the V4 - G8F Character Conversion going?

Sad to say, not anytime soon.  I have gotten stuck.  The current methods don't work.

• I'm sorry to hear that.

Please don't give up on it though, I'm sure it would be a very popular script.

:)

• I'm sorry to hear that.

Please don't give up on it though, I'm sure it would be a very popular script.

:)

I am sure it would be.  smiley  If I can figure it out, I will try.

• There is a bug in this converter that wrecks g8F teeth on the right side.  See images.  Any suggestions.

-DrDrk

G2F to G8F Teeth Issue.PNG
    892 x 822 - 899K
    G2F to G8F Teeth Issue 2.PNG
    1010 x 844 - 952K
    G2F to G8F Teeth Issue 3.PNG
    833 x 849 - 918K
  • There is a bug in this converter that wrecks g8F teeth on the right side.  See images.  Any suggestions.

-DrDrk

That is not a bug of the converter but rather the morph pulls from the wrong location.  The script does its best but not everything is controllable.  You can try setting the tolerance level really low (0.0005, make sure you delete the head morph before converting again) 

• drakkendarkdrakkendark Posts: 57
    edited October 2020

What head morph?  The converter is only creating a full body morph under People in Actors.  I have searched for a head morph everywhere that I can think of but could not find it on any slider.  What tab does it form under?

-DrDrk

Post edited by drakkendark on
  • What head morph?  The converter is only creating a full body morph under People in Actors.  I have searched for a head morph everywhere that I can think of but could not find it on any slider.  What tab does it form under?

-DrDrk

You are talking about the Character Preset.  The converted morphs go in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)

• Ahh.  I will try this and share my results here so that you know what happens.  Thanks.

-DrDrk

• So, I have followed your directions and rerun this process with 0.005, 0.0005, and 0.0001 tolerances.  All of them created the teeth error.  Any other ideas?

-DrDrk

G2F to G8F Teeth Issue 4.PNG
    1425 x 851 - 1M
  • So, I have followed your directions and rerun this process with 0.005, 0.0005, and 0.0001 tolerances.  All of them created the teeth error.  Any other ideas?

-DrDrk

If you truly deleted the morphs and regenerated them every time, then I don't have any more suggestions.  Sorry.

• I don't know if this has been asked before but, is it possible to create a Character Converter like this between G8 male and female? I'm thinking of all the wonderful creatures and monsters from RawArt, JoeQuick, JoLab1985, Josh Crockett, etc. that sometimes only have a male version, or only a female version. There are related tools that might cover the same territory, like a combination of UV Swap and Transgender Shapes - plus your and SickleYield's Cross Gender Clothes converter.

But it would be nice to have characters and creatures (and their geografts) work for either figure, like the Genesis 1 days.

• kamiomi said:

I don't know if this has been asked before but, is it possible to create a Character Converter like this between G8 male and female? I'm thinking of all the wonderful creatures and monsters from RawArt, JoeQuick, JoLab1985, Josh Crockett, etc. that sometimes only have a male version, or only a female version. There are related tools that might cover the same territory, like a combination of UV Swap and Transgender Shapes - plus your and SickleYield's Cross Gender Clothes converter.

But it would be nice to have characters and creatures (and their geografts) work for either figure, like the Genesis 1 days.

Yes, it should be possible.  I don't know how much people would want it.  I will put it on my list to think about.  Thanks.

• Okay.... As promised, I kept trying.  There is a Genesis 2 Female head morph called Sunehri.  Once it is dialed past 15%, then it starts to mess up the G8F Teeth.  I thought that you would like to know in case anyone else asks.  This issue is now solved.

Thanks for your help and patience.  

-DrDrk

• Okay.... As promised, I kept trying.  There is a Genesis 2 Female head morph called Sunehri.  Once it is dialed past 15%, then it starts to mess up the G8F Teeth.  I thought that you would like to know in case anyone else asks.  This issue is now solved.

Thanks for your help and patience.  

-DrDrk

Interesting.  If I understand you, there is a vampire teeth-like morph called Sunehri that messes up the conversion?

• No.  It is just a face morph.  Sorry for the delay in response, I don't get on here as much as I would like these days.  I think that there are discrepencies created in the teeth by how your script takes data from the custom character morphs.  It could be because of the morphs that I used, but for consideration please look at these three pictures.  You can see that the G8F conversion of my Custom character has teeth that have altered geometry, but it isn't even symmetrical which is wierd.  The bottom teeth are no longer straight.  One of the front upper teeth has a sharper edge than the other.  Etc. If you can, you should update your script with an ignore teeth option.  There are morphs within G8F that would allow me to fix any size issues in the teeth after the conversion.

-DrDrk

G2F to G8F Teeth Issue Original Character G2.PNG
    959 x 636 - 841K
    G2F to G8F Teeth Issue G8F Default Teeth.PNG
    1003 x 587 - 648K
    G2F to G8F Teeth Issue Converted G8F Character.PNG
    948 x 606 - 567K
  •  

No.  It is just a face morph.  Sorry for the delay in response, I don't get on here as much as I would like these days.  I think that there are discrepencies created in the teeth by how your script takes data from the custom character morphs.  It could be because of the morphs that I used, but for consideration please look at these three pictures.  You can see that the G8F conversion of my Custom character has teeth that have altered geometry, but it isn't even symmetrical which is wierd.  The bottom teeth are no longer straight.  One of the front upper teeth has a sharper edge than the other.  Etc. If you can, you should update your script with an ignore teeth option.  There are morphs within G8F that would allow me to fix any size issues in the teeth after the conversion.

That is not really possible through the script.  The script takes what morphs are active.  And as far as I know, the teeth are part of the head morph usually.  If you can find such a separate teeth morph active, you can dial it out and the script will ignore it.

• xialiubeixialiubei Posts: 71
    edited January 2021

Hey, guys.  So I tied converting a custom G2 character to G8.  Not only did it not work, but now when I try to load a G8 base figure, I'm getting white eyes and black, blocky eyelashes.  Even if I load up a character, the eyelashes are still wonky.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,460

RiverSoft Art is having difficulty accessing the Daz Forums since Friday, Jan 8th. Once the issue is resolved, he will answer any questions.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,396
    edited January 2021

xialiubei said:

Hey, guys.  So I tied converting a custom G2 character to G8.  Not only did it not work, but now when I try to load a G8 base figure, I'm getting white eyes and black, blocky eyelashes.  Even if I load up a character, the eyelashes are still wonky.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have never seen that issue before.  That looks like a material issue; there is nothing in the converter that should have affected the base figure or its materials.

(I apologize to anyone for not responding faster.  I had issues accessing the forums since Friday Jan 7th.  Thank you for your patience; everything seems resolved as Jan 14th.  A special thank you to @Marshian and @Sickleyield for stepping in and helping me.)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

How do I create just a Genesis 8 version of the base G2F? I've converted all my other characters with your script and it works great, but it won't seem to create just the base G2F shape for G8F. I can add it to the list manually, and run it, but it won't actually create the shape anywhere that I can find..

• Dear Riversoftart,

I am having problems with your G2f to G8F Character Converter. I am using Daz 4.15 Pro, and the result is always the same, whether I try to convert a character, or a custom character. I use the 2020 method, with tolerance of 0.060, and overwrite existing morphs and convert Corrective Morphs unchecked. (the result is the same when either or both of these are checked.) Hide eyes is also unchecked.

For this example, I used the base G2F figure with the Girl 4 Legacy morph. As I said, regardless of which method I use, or which figure, the result is always the same.

The steps:
    Step 1, load G2F base, and inject Legacy morph; leaving the mat as is.
    Step 2, load G8F base figure, leaving both at zero translation.
    Step 3, Select G2F, and control-select G8F.
    Step 4, run the Convert Custom Character G2F to G8F script.

It copies the body, but not the head, and the head is, well, like the pic. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I erased the nipples, just in case that was an issue with posting the pic.

• Please clothe the figure or put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode if you need the figure to be nude.

• edited April 2021

Richard,

With all due respect, please don't nit pick over something trivial...The character converter instructions said not to add any hair or clothes, etc when converting, and I needed Riversoftart to see how the conversion came out. I covered the nipples, and nothing genital wise was shown in the pic, therefore, there is no "true" issue. The post was approved this morning, so the mods obviously didn't have a problem with the photo. I don't the issue when a figure is nude and showing no nipples or genitalia, being as how both Daz Studio, and Poser load the figures nude until other items are added; so, it isn't like users haven't seen figures this way before, besides, the figure has no genital mat or anatomical elements in the photo (repeat again)...and as I said, the nipples were erased, and I repeat yet again, no genitalia was shown. I'm just looking for the answer to the issue, not harassment. Thanks for understanding. ;)

Post edited by Politically Incorrect on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412

Richard is not being arbitrary. The image you posted violated the Daz forum terms of service. Richard told you how you can post a nude figure - just put your viewport into Smooth Shaded mode before taking the screenshot. So, if you want RiversoftArt to see your problem, just follow those simple directions and post a new image. You may disagree with the forum terms of service regarding what is "nudity" and how you are allowed to display it, but if you want to post in the Daz forums, you must abide by the Daz rules.