UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

barbult said:

Doc Acme said:

Accelerator for UltraScenery prob

I picked up the Accelerator last night and having an issue that I haven't seen mentioned. See attached screen shot.

This is with default script settings, Dirt Track01, and Tangy Apple Orchard 10. No extended forest nor restrict instances to Camera, although no camera in scene at time of Build.

DS 4.14.0.8. DIM shows an update for DS available for 4.14, but doesn't list what version.

This is on an HP laptop with a whopping 12Gb of RAM.  I normally wouldn't even install USC on it, but thought I'd test. I'm away from my main ThreadRipper system for few more months which is what I'd typically be using.

Any thoughts?

This is an interesting discovery!!  TAO Apple Orchard 5,6,7,8,9, and 10 all use a distribution type of "square" for the apple trees, and all have the same problem you discovered. I tested with DS 4.14.1.22 Public Build, UltraScenery 1.3.0 and Accelerator 1.0.0.7. It looks like only one half of the square is being populated with trees when the accelerator is used. (I removed the accelerator DLL from the plugins folder to test the non-accelerator version, which is fine.)

Well, folk don't refer to me as Bug Magnet for 30+ years w/o reason. ;) I don't go looking, they just find me.

I'm going to try a full uninstall of the Accelerator a bit later & might as well get the newer .10 version of DS as well.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,229

I bought some turtles at Hivewire 3D and added them to an UltraScene.Three adults are in the water and one juvenile is on a rock.

USC TAO 4 Bridge 1 Turtles.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M

I fully uninstalled the Accelerator and updated DS. Ran USC with the same settings & all is working again. Slow, but at least sure. Frankly, I'm amazed that the laptop could handle a USC scene at all.

Seems that just having the dll for the Accelerator present on the system is causing the problem, whether enabled or not, if that's any sort of clue.

TAO10- Accelerator removed.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 293K
  • After installing Accelerator it reproducible crashes DAZ Studio. Maker claims that Octane Render must be uninstalled for getting it to work. Ridiculous. After uninstalling Octane DAZ still crashes. After uninstalling accelerator DAZ Studio works again. Support says they need 4 to 6 weeks to answer, that is completely unacceptable. This is untested and buggy, not ready for production use. Not worth the money. Since DAZ support does not answer and Accelerator renders DAZ Studio unusable I have now opened a case with PayPal to get my money back.

• NathNath Posts: 2,730

Xanathon said:

After installing Accelerator it reproducible crashes DAZ Studio. Maker claims that Octane Render must be uninstalled for getting it to work. Ridiculous. After uninstalling Octane DAZ still crashes. After uninstalling accelerator DAZ Studio works again. Support says they need 4 to 6 weeks to answer, that is completely unacceptable. This is untested and buggy, not ready for production use. Not worth the money. Since DAZ support does not answer and Accelerator renders DAZ Studio unusable I have now opened a case with PayPal to get my money back.

Or you could just use DAZ's own 30 day return policy

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Well I only dropped in to say how much I'm appreciating the Accelerator - I loaded a pines scene which used to take 16 mins and it was built in 49 secs, which made me very happy.

Haing read about all these problems, I can see I'm going to have to do a few more tests with Tangy Orchard, etc. (I am still on DS4.12.0.86 though, maybe that is relevant?)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,916
    edited December 2020

Wow, creating UltraScenery with Accelerator took only 37 seconds on my old computer.

Wetland 1, Willows 4.

Topsy 8 is making a call to her boss and asking if Moose Convertible would make a replacement for missing reindeer in his Ho-Ho-Ho carriage.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2020

Wetland101sc03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

I just bought UltraScenery today and these are my first attempts with it, so forgive me if this question has already been answered.

Is there a particular reason that the scenery loads floating above head height?

Oh, it probably was somewhere in the 90+ pages.  Short answer is that's just where a default Camera gets created. 

What I've taken to doing is I simply created a Camera preset, sort of a Birds-Eye from a finished scene build.  I load that in before creating a new US scene, then create new Cams from that for more specific areas.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,479
    edited December 2020

Why do the ultrascenery products NOT install into the environments category, other than the tango Alpha tangy apple orchard? 
    When I look at the install paths, they are in the exact same place but do not show up in environments. 

I've tried updating metadata, but that does not help. Trying to change category does not help either. totally lost on this one, as usual. Right now the main program is in RENDER-SETTINGS, PROPS, CAMERAS, ALL PRODUCTS. the other products in the series, I have all of them, only appear in ALL PRODUCTS
    Post edited by daveso on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    @daveso USC installs in Environments/Landscapes. Check there. I know it's frustrating when stuff is installed outside of where you expect.
    edited December 2020

Another UltraScenery generated with accelerator, in 38 seconds with Extend forest option - just amazing, how fast it goes.

Wetland 2, Pines 5.

Wetland201sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 888K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

dawnblade said:

@daveso USC installs in Environments/Landscapes. Check there. I know it's frustrating when stuff is installed outside of where you expect.

I think he's looking at the Smart Content. Friends don't let friends use Smart Content.

edited December 2020

Ok, I see. With accelerator, it is a puzzle to find what works with it, and what's not.

Crossing 1, Tangy Apple Orchard 05, Extend forest, Daz Studio 4.14 Beta, Generation time: 43 seconds

Crossing101sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Crossing101sc02pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited December 2020

Artini said:

Ok, I see. With accelerator, it is a puzzle to find what works with it, and what's not.

Crossing 1, Tangy Apple Orchard 05, Extend forest, Daz Studio 4.14 Beta, Generation time: 43 seconds

I had a similar issue with Tangy Apple Orchard 10 trees not populating where they should be. I also noticed the meshes that are not populating the trees well all have a path or stream.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,229

There is a bug in the USC Accelerator 1.0.0.7 that affects TAO Apple Orchard 5,6,7,8,9, and 10. Avoid those for now. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,823

The Accelerator is a great addition, so much faster now to generate or modify scenes (Bridge 1, Mossy Hollow 2).

UltraScenery Mossy Hollow 2.jpg
    1200 x 938 - 1M

RGcincy said:

The Accelerator is a great addition, so much faster now to generate or modify scenes (Bridge 1, Mossy Hollow 2).

YES !!

My initial generation for a scene was 25 seconds. I rebuilt to allow scenery extension ..that took 35 seconds. a bit longer but not 18 minutes  laugh It makes using the program 110% more fun. Now if it would render in 30 seconds

RGcincy said:

YES !!

My initial generation for a scene was 25 seconds. I rebuilt to allow scenery extension ..that took 35 seconds. a bit longer but not 18 minutes  laugh It makes using the program 110% more fun. Now if it would render in 30 seconds

edited December 2020

Bridge 1, Harpwood 4, Extend forest - generation time: 45 seconds.

Bridge101sc03pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

Ascania said:

dawnblade said:

I think he's looking at the Smart Content. Friends don't let friends use Smart Content.

yes, smart content. I dislike trying to find anything in Content Library a lot. what a mess that thing is.  

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,253

Is there an easy (read:stupid person friendly) ecology creator yet where we can swap in our own assets?

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,823

daveso said:

Now if it would render in 30 seconds

Wouldn't that be wonderful! 

Heath & Moor 5 with Upland 2 looks very different with Acclerator than what is shown in the Ecology tab. Why are there much fewer trees and the sandy area isn't sandy?

HM5Upland2.jpg
    764 x 381 - 70K
    USCHM5Upland2AccelTestRender.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 670K
    edited December 2020

daveso said:

Ascania said:

dawnblade said:

yes, smart content. I dislike trying to find anything in Content Library a lot. what a mess that thing is.  

Haha Ascania! laugh

@daveso if you uncheck "Filter by Context" then USC appears in Smart Content. Don't ask me why.

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • dawnblade said:

daveso said:

Ascania said:

dawnblade said:

Haha Ascania! laugh

@daveso if you uncheck "Filter by Content" then USC appears in Smart Content. Don't ask me why.

Do you mean "Filter by Context"? Because I did not find "Filter by Content".

edited December 2020

RGcincy said:

daveso said:

Yes, some kind of iray accelerator or a new Nvidia graphics card with a healthy price range.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,730
    edited December 2020

Artini said:

RGcincy said:

daveso said:

Yes, some kind of iray accelerator or a new Nvidia graphics card with a healthy price range.

I'd settle for having the spare cash for a new Nvidia card in an unhealthy price range LOL

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 2020

dawnblade said:

daveso said:

Ascania said:

dawnblade said:

Haha Ascania! laugh

@daveso if you uncheck "Filter by Content" then USC appears in Smart Content. Don't ask me why.

that is unchecked...the stuff is in smart content, but its in ALL PRODUCTS, not in Environments 

I want to move it to environments .. can't figure out how to do that
    Post edited by daveso on
This discussion has been closed.