UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

I especially like the 2nd desert scene with that backdrop!

• In the case of your catcus models, I'm sure you could create 'new' models by hiding some arms and save them. Also, with the prickly pear, hide various segments and save those models as 'new' ones to expand the range. 

However, the ecology looks great.

Regards,

Richard.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    barbult said:

I'm working on my desert/cactus ecology. I've only found a few cactus models in my library, but they are nice ones. Here is what I have so far.

OK, 'fess up - that second one is a photo isn't it?! laugh Really though: great work!

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238
    barbult said:

I'm working on my desert/cactus ecology. I've only found a few cactus models in my library, but they are nice ones. Here is what I have so far. 

Fantastic work! Jealous that you beat me to it!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

I used UltraSceneCreator for the terrain in these images.

Osprey Fishing

2020-08-25 10:31:07.383 Total Rendering Time: 39 minutes 3.59 seconds

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Click on image for full size.

2020-08-25 14:16:08.000 Total Rendering Time: 14 minutes 15.47 seconds

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

2020-08-26 21:55:01.503 Total Rendering Time: 10 minutes 56.1 seconds

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

Very nice work! 

Very nice work! 

Thank you.

Very cool, @Fishtales! Is that Osprey from one of the BOP series?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,939

The photo background in the second desert ecology render is an HDRI from HDRI Haven called Kloofendal 48d Partly Cloudy.

In the case of your catcus models, I'm sure you could create 'new' models by hiding some arms and save them. Also, with the prickly pear, hide various segments and save those models as 'new' ones to expand the range. 

However, the ecology looks great.

Regards,

Richard.

I've thought about doing that, but so far I have been too lazy. blush

Timotheus said:
    barbult said:

Fantastic work! Jealous that you beat me to it!

It's not a race. wink Make a desert ecology and show it off. I'd love to see another interpretation.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    dawnblade said:

Very cool, @Fishtales! Is that Osprey from one of the BOP series?

@Fishtales! can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is the new Peregrine Falcon from Deepsea (requires the Deepsea Eagle).

https://www.daz3d.com/peregrine-falcon-for-deepseas-eagle

@Gogger and @dawnblade

It is the Osprey from Eagle Remix which doesn't appear to be in the store anymore laugh

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Just wondering if there are still plans to be able to change the size of the terrain? Personally, I'd love it to be able to go larger. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 759

Just wondering if there are still plans to be able to change the size of the terrain? Personally, I'd love it to be able to go larger. 

I second that!!

• Just wondering if there are still plans to be able to change the size of the terrain? Personally, I'd love it to be able to go larger. 

There certainly are plans for larger scenes. Not sure when yet that will be - my current focus is on improving performance so it doesn't take 10+ minutes to generate a scene. Once that's done then larger scenes will have more potential to be viable

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592

There certainly are plans for larger scenes. Not sure when yet that will be - my current focus is on improving performance so it doesn't take 10+ minutes to generate a scene. Once that's done then larger scenes will have more potential to be viable

Great news!. Love your work - looking forward to it.

- Greg

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@barbult

Your UltraScenery Fu is just getting stronger and stronger. Just wonderful!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,530

I FINALLY was able to get my hands on UltraScenery - Ecologies and Features Bundle, and I love it!  I'm rendering up a beach scene now!  

Please don't take this badly, it's meant as constructive critism, but the palm trees look a little thin and wavy.  I live on the East Coast, and the palm trees I see every day are thicker and straighter, with more of a trunk like look to the "stem".  So I did change those out for others in my runtime.  But maybe they look different elsewhere, if so please just ignore me.  But the sand is great, and I love the scattered palm fronds and coconuts, I would never have thought of that!

I hope to eventually get all the Ultrascenery products, it may take me awhile, but I'm determined to get all these wonderful addons!

Also, is there any way to mix the presets?  As in, I would like to do a scene with oaks AND willows.  Is that possible, or maybe something that will be included later?

Thank you again, HowieFarkes, for this amazing product.  I use it with almost all of my outdoor renders, I can't imagine being without it!

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Great news! Only takes me 5 minutes to generate a scene, and BOY HOWDY is it worth the wait. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792
    Has there been any new releases since TA orchard?
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,358
    edited September 2020
    daveso said:
    Has there been any new releases since TA orchard?

I think the water and heath\moor\waste sets are the latest.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2020
    MelanieL said:

Howie has at least two more sets in the pipeline, one for terrains and one ecology. Nip over to page 69 for a taster. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
    barbult said:

@barbult I have a corrected build, but it still needs testing. It should go off to QA in the next few days.

Thank you. We appreciate your fixes.

I checked the readme page and there is a fix for TAO dated Aug. 14? Do you see it in DIM? Product is in my wishlist, waiting for fixes.

2020-08-14 Fixed typo in texture file name gave not found error (ecology 04, 06), and Fixed duplicate line error in json meant wrong ecology preselected when reloading script (ecology 12, 13)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

@barbult I have a corrected build, but it still needs testing. It should go off to QA in the next few days.

I checked the readme page and there is a fix for TAO dated Aug. 14? Do you see it in DIM? Product is in my wishlist, waiting for fixes.

2020-08-14 Fixed typo in texture file name gave not found error (ecology 04, 06), and Fixed duplicate line error in json meant wrong ecology preselected when reloading script (ecology 12, 13)

I saw a new version in my DIM on August 17th and downloaded it - haven't had the chance to try it yet (too much going on in RL the last couple of weeks)

dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

I believe that is the first fix. I found new problems on August 19. He said he intended to submit a second fix for the additional problems. That second fix hasn't shown up in DIM yet for me.

barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:

I believe that is the first fix. I found new problems on August 19. He said he intended to submit a second fix for the additional problems. That second fix hasn't shown up in DIM yet for me.

Ok, thanks @barbult. I remember now that I saw that post.

fastbike1 said:

@barbult

Your UltraScenery Fu is just getting stronger and stronger. Just wonderful!

Thanks, that's fun to hear. I enjoy fiddling with the JSON files, to see what I can do with things in my library, as much as I enjoy building the UltraScenes with the script. I think this is the best product I ever purchased at Daz. UltraScatterPro is in second place. Both are by HowieFarkes.

edited September 2020

Here is a scene using my Desert Ecology.

USC Track Desert 02 BV Bicycle.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
This discussion has been closed.