UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited August 2020

I can only confirm, that Extend forest option does not work with Tangy Apple Orchard 12

and Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow.

Rendering Time: 8 minutes 26 seconds

DirtTrack1sc04pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 990K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    Nath said:

Yeah, even I - a diehard my-own-folder-structure user - gave in and put everything for UltraScenery in the standard folders (okay, I did grumble a bit LOL)

I've just discovered that the Heather and Wasteland add-on will break if Martin J Frost's product's are not installed exactly as he and DAZ intended. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• metasidemetaside Posts: 177
    edited August 2020

Here is a simple way to keep custom folder structures:

0.1) Sorry if it doesn't work for you for some reason or messes up your library ^^

0.2) Make a copy of all the folders with .json fles that you want to change

1) Open Notepad++ or something similar with replace options

2) Open all the Ecology .json files (such as "TA TAO 01.json" in "UltraScenery/Ecologies/TA TAO 01") that refer to folders you want to move

3) copy the current path of the folders that you want to move to another path (such as ".../Tangy Apple Orchard/Props"), starting with "environments/..." and ending with the last subfolder

4) open the "Replace" window in Notepad++, paste the location of the folder that you want to move into "Find what"

5) move the folder that you want to move from the old to the new location and copy its new location, starting with "environments/..." and ending with the last subfolder

6) paste the new location of the folder that you moved into "Replace with" and click "Replace All in All Opened Documents" and click "Save All"

7) Repeat steps 3-6 for all different locations that you want to change, possibly including locations of Ultrascenery Proxies

Hope this helps someone, cheers!

Post edited by metaside on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    metaside said:

0.1) Sorry if it doesn't work for you for some reason or messes up your library ^^

2) Open all the Ecology .json files (such as "TA TAO 01.json" in "UltraScenery/Ecologies/TA TAO 01") that refer to folders you want to move

3) copy the current path of the folders that you want to move to another path (such as ".../Tangy Apple Orchard/Props"), starting with "environments/..." and ending with the last subfolder

4) open the "Replace" window in Notepad++, paste the location of the folder that you want to move into "Find what"

5) move the folder that you want to move from the old to the new location and copy its new location, starting with "environments/..." and ending with the last subfolder

6) paste the new location of the folder that you moved into "Replace with" and click "Replace All in All Opened Documents" and click "Save All"

7) Repeat steps 3-6 for all different locations that you want to change, possibly including locations of Ultrascenery Proxies

Moving them all to the Data folder would be best and then for any user files, just create a link file and you can place that where ever you want

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@nowefgIf a correctly installed product produces an error like this just from trying to use it, I take it off my system,"

There's your problem. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,939
    edited August 2020

I made myself an ecology with the Olive Trees. I built it with a few different features to try it out. To compensate for the wide tree base that tends to poke out of even slightly sloped ground, I moved the trees down by Y= -11. 

(These are large files)

USC Olives 01 BV River 1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    USC Olives 01 BV River 2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    USC Olives 01 BV Track 2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    USC Olives 01 BV Track 1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749

What an intuitive and brilliant piece of scripting. Very straight forward. And the results are nothing short of awesomeness.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,999
    metaside said:

Ah, thanks for this, hadn't thought to check the json files, thought that the hard coding would be in the UltraSceneryCreator.dse file, which is encoded. So if the json elements are updated, the main script will work? I'll probably end up moving them eventually then!

Mattymanx said:

Moving them all to the Data folder would be best and then for any user files, just create a link file and you can place that where ever you want

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea especially for people who want to access the plants from multiple folder locations!

AlmightyQUEST said:

Ah, thanks for this, hadn't thought to check the json files, thought that the hard coding would be in the UltraSceneryCreator.dse file, which is encoded. So if the json elements are updated, the main script will work? I'll probably end up moving them eventually then!

Yeah, just make sure to copy the original files (and maybe write down the original folder structures to so you can change it back quickly if you run into problems) and make sure you don't make any errors when replacing the text (it's easy to forget some slashes and similar). It worked for me testing it with at least one of the Apple Orchard, Mossy Hollow and Wasteland ecologies, moving these folders to my "nature" category subfolders and additional USC proxies to the main Ultrascenery folder.

barbult said:

I made myself an ecology with the Olive Trees. I built it with a few different features to try it out. To compensate for the wide tree base that tends to poke out of even slightly sloped ground, I moved the trees down by Y= -11.

Looks good, but maybe use some more yellow or dry grass? Might be a good fit for the wasteland ecologies, too. How are the render times compared to other USC scenes?

metaside said:
    barbult said:

Looks good, but maybe use some more yellow or dry grass? Might be a good fit for the wasteland ecologies, too. How are the render times compared to other USC scenes?

slow...... but I was rendering at 3840x2160, so I'm sure that had an impact on render times. I also have a LOT of grasses in this ecology.

Yes, I think a more barren ground/dry grass would be a good alternative. I'll work up a second ecology when I get a chance.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    barbult said:

(These are large files)

These are great renders! Thanks for showing us these cool olive trees in USC scenes.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331
    edited August 2020

Another render of UltraScenery made with Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow and Tangy Apple Orchard 12.

Rendering Time: 19 minutes 6 seconds

DirtTrack1sc04sc03pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 775K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited August 2020

Great renders, all!

This is all I managed today - I was installing my latest haul of other products so didn't have much time left.

Tangy Apple Orchard (the last one in the list, number 14?) and dirt-track 2 with hedgerow. Incidentally it does have extended trees (just visible at the end of the track) - is this one of ecologies where other people were missing the trees?

Till-the-Cows-Come-Home.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 944K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

It is a very nice scene. I like that I can see the clover in your render. In most of mine it creates something like 147,000 clover instances and they are hidden in the grass where I can't even see them. Nice herd of cows there, too. No, TAO 14 was not one of the ecologies with missing extended forest.

MelanieL said:

Great renders, all!

This is all I managed today - I was installing my latest haul of other products so didn't have much time left.

Tangy Apple Orchard (the last one in the list, number 14?) and dirt-track 2 with hedgerow. Incidentally it does have extended trees (just visible at the end of the track) - is this one of ecologies where other people were missing the trees?

Great scene! TAO12 was mentioned by Artini at the top of the page, regarding extended forest not working with it and Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5936451/#Comment_5936451

dawnblade said:
    MelanieL said:

Great renders, all!

Great scene! TAO12 was mentioned by Artini at the top of the page, regarding extended forest not working with it and Dirt Track 1 with Hedgerow.

TAO 11 and 12 are the ones I know of that don't have extended forest.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

Thanks, barbult and dawnblade. I should have paged back through this thread to check for myself, but it was late (after 1 AM here) and I needed to get to bed.

barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    MelanieL said:

Great renders, all!

Thanks @barbult. Hopefully there will be an update for this product soon.

MelanieL said:

Thanks, barbult and dawnblade. I should have paged back through this thread to check for myself, but it was late (after 1 AM here) and I needed to get to bed.

@MelanieL Not to mention there are 76 pages (so far) in this amazing product's and add-on's thread! laugh

dawnblade said:
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    MelanieL said:

Great renders, all!

Yes, I'm also hoping for another update. There hasn't been any response yet from TangoAlpha to the additional errors I pointed out here. I've edited my copy to correct the errors, but it would be nice for everyone to get a corrected version.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

All I can say is the skill and artistry continue to bring me such a sense of peace at the end of a long, hot, smoky day.

Thank you all. 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    MelanieL said:

Great renders, all!

MelanieL said:

@MelanieL Not to mention there are 76 pages (so far) in this amazing product's and add-on's thread! laugh

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to hit 100 pages. It's only a matter of time before this milestone is reached. I'd also be interested to know if any other product has had a support thread this long!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    edited August 2020

Kinda surprised I haven't seen any renders with FLINKS flowers etc yet.  Well, here goes. Mind you, nothing tricky or fancy here, I generated the UltraSystem scene and then just dragged and dropped Flinks flowers here and there.  I messed with them a little (rotations and scaling) but otherwise right out of the box. Some worked better than others, but man, I'd LOVE to see some add on packs for UltraSystem that uses Flinks sets!  Probably one or two more examples coming as they develop.

DS_Flinks_Forest_USYS_Stream_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by Gogger on
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    barbult said:
    dawnblade said:
    MelanieL said:

Great renders, all!

Yes, I'm also hoping for another update. There hasn't been any response yet from TangoAlpha to the additional errors I pointed out here. I've edited my copy to correct the errors, but it would be nice for everyone to get a corrected version.

I knew there were more. Thank you for linking to them. Because all the add-ons are discussed here, it would be helpful if Howie added "In Progress Updates" in his first post, then we have a central place to locate them. Once they're fixed, just cross them off the list. I'm waiting until these are resolved before buying it.

• golem841golem841 Posts: 127

As I may have said before, I find very funny/weird to see DazStudio used for scenery.

There are plenty of specialized software for that : world machine, terragen  Geocontrol, and it's more recent iterations ; lest to speak about Eon/Bentley Vue.

There's even Gaea, whose people are very very picky about geologic and atmospheric systems.

As for vegetation catalogs and creation there's Xfrog, and TPF (The Plant Factory) from eon, and very probably a bunch of other software.

For my needs in 3D PLANTS, I want :

realistic close up plants, specifically believable barks, roots and leaves.

AND

a way to paint distribution around my Gen 8 figure, preferably with a controlled semi-random distribution (size, rotation AND small species variations) without having a bush coming through a limb .....

I't was soooo simple with Vue AND Poser : why is it so complicated with Daz studio ??? How come there's no bridge between those relatively simple programs?

I know Vue rendering system show it's age

I know Dz studio is not the ideal platform for this. It was so simple with Vue and the painting distribution

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

that actually is one reason I am rather impressed by the renders I see in this thread

I do think DAZ studio would function better not only for things like Ultrascenery but rendering in general particularly animation too if it did not actually have to be open to render rather store the scenes in a format that is directly rendered by an iray engine afterwards rather like Luxrender does.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    golem841 said:

As I may have said before, I find very funny/weird to see DazStudio used for scenery.

There are plenty of specialized software for that : world machine, terragen  Geocontrol, and it's more recent iterations ; lest to speak about Eon/Bentley Vue.

There's even Gaea, whose people are very very picky about geologic and atmospheric systems.

As for vegetation catalogs and creation there's Xfrog, and TPF (The Plant Factory) from eon, and very probably a bunch of other software.

For my needs in 3D PLANTS, I want :

realistic close up plants, specifically believable barks, roots and leaves.

AND

a way to paint distribution around my Gen 8 figure, preferably with a controlled semi-random distribution (size, rotation AND small species variations) without having a bush coming through a limb .....

I't was soooo simple with Vue AND Poser : why is it so complicated with Daz studio ??? How come there's no bridge between those relatively simple programs?

I know Vue rendering system show it's age

I know Dz studio is not the ideal platform for this. It was so simple with Vue and the painting distribution

The only 3D program I know well is Daz Studio. I have Blender, but have yet to get beyond opening it up and dispairing. I picked up both Bryce and Carrara but continue to be intimidated by those as well. I can use Hexagon a bit, but not enough to feel comfortable with it.

For me, UltraScenery is the best solution. I can generate the scenery I want, without having to learn another program; or worse, spend a large amount of money to get one of those other programs and then a lot of time learning to use it!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

I've used other proograms, some of those listed... and there are some credible reasons for wanting to do things in Daz Studio.

For one thing, there's a greater synergy with other content and things I want to do in DS. Like, if I want to have a cool space ship flying over a forest, I'd like to do that in DS rather than attempting to match up lighting in some sort of composite shot across multiple programs.

edited August 2020

I made another olives ecology with more bare ground and yellower grass and rocks. I kept the poppies for a splash of color. For the one with the river, I used the green reeds rather than the brown reeds, because I didn't want everything too dry and yellow. I figured the water of the river could make the reeds grow green. For the barn picture, I added the props after generating the UltraScenery.

Track 2

Track 1 Hedgerow

River 2

USC Olives 03 BV Track 1 Hedgerow Camera Track.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 744K
    USC Olives 03 BV River 2 Camera River.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 802K
    USC Olives 03 BV Barn.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,375
    barbult said:

I made another olives ecology with more bare ground and yellower grass and rocks. I kept the poppies for a splash of color. For the one with the river, I used the green reeds rather than the brown reeds, because I didn't want everything too dry and yellow. I figured the water of the river could make the reeds grow green. For the barn picture, I added the props after generating the UltraScenery.

Track 2

Track 1 Hedgerow

River 2

WOW - All three are VERY nice!

This discussion has been closed.