Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• MuryosumaMuryosuma Posts: 2
    edited January 2020

I write using Google Translate. I made Youtube video with DAZSTUDIO. A manga based on DeepFake. You can see it in English by translating Youtube. I'm glad if you can get feedback ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHfltWMUy8

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Muryosuma said:

I write using Google Translate. I made Youtube video with DAZSTUDIO. A manga based on DeepFake. You can see it in English by translating Youtube. I'm glad if you can get feedback ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHfltWMUy8

Good job

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

A recent page from my webcomic.

An absurd anime-esque bit featuring a cat girl being accosted by ninjas, but they're not after her money or valuables...

Page01.png
    1275 x 1650 - 2M
  • vrba79 said:

An absurd anime-esque bit featuring a cat girl being accosted by ninjas, but they're not after her money or valuables...

Great composition

• Pokemon's Officer Jenny

Studio Maya's Anime Doll

Cel-shade and Realistic

carrara rendered

Animedoll, There's a figure that takes me back.

• officer a Jenny with Aiko 3 is why I prefer using aiko 3

• vrba79 said:

laughlaughlaughROFLMAO!!!!laughlaughlaugh

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    3dcgx said:

Pokemon's Officer Jenny

Studio Maya's Anime Doll

Cel-shade and Realistic

carrara rendered

That first one is just wonderful, bravo!  Your Cel-Shading skills are phenomenal!  Honestly I'd love to see a larger version of that one so I could zoom in on the details. Looks like no lines in the hair, but it still looks great, which teaches me that sometimes lines aren't needed to sell the image as manga/anime.

I'm assuming you're using Yatoon in that one, but are you also using ToonPro for the lines?  Or only Yatoon, which also now has some decent line drawing within it?  I'm a longtime Carrara user, lately been trying to learn good cel-shading and get better with Yatoon/ToonPro combined.  What's funny is I found the best tutorial on the web for Yatoon...  and it's one that you made, so I wanted to say thanks!  :)  (for anyone curious, it can be found here: https://www.3dcgx.com/blog/view/899/cell-shaded-anime-3dcg-with-daz-studios-carrara )

• Jonstark said:
    3dcgx said:

Pokemon's Officer Jenny

Studio Maya's Anime Doll

Cel-shade and Realistic

carrara rendered

That first one is just wonderful, bravo!  Your Cel-Shading skills are phenomenal!  Honestly I'd love to see a larger version of that one so I could zoom in on the details. Looks like no lines in the hair, but it still looks great, which teaches me that sometimes lines aren't needed to sell the image as manga/anime.

I'm assuming you're using Yatoon in that one, but are you also using ToonPro for the lines?  Or only Yatoon, which also now has some decent line drawing within it?  I'm a longtime Carrara user, lately been trying to learn good cel-shading and get better with Yatoon/ToonPro combined.  What's funny is I found the best tutorial on the web for Yatoon...  and it's one that you made, so I wanted to say thanks!  :)  (for anyone curious, it can be found here: https://www.3dcgx.com/blog/view/899/cell-shaded-anime-3dcg-with-daz-studios-carrara )

That tutorial is a translation from zgock, my tutorial is actually this link: https://www.3dcgx.com/blog/view/2004/anime-tutorials-with-carrara-updated
  • I use yatoon I don't use the other one you mentioned I'll increase the size of the other if I saved it I hope so did
  • Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851
    edited January 2020

ihad to repaint it cuz i didnt save original but here she is just right click image and open to make it bigger @jonstark

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    3dcgx said:

ihad to repaint it cuz i didnt save original but here she is just right click image and open to make it bigger @jonstark

Beautiful, thank you!  Zooming in I can see some of the things I couldn't in the small one, like there actually are lines in the hair too.  I can see that the clothing has highlights (though I can't see any highlights on the gloves) at the same time I don't see any visible highlights on the skin.  I was wondering if highlights were really needed at all in doing a Cel-shader look.  Looks like the shadows are hard-edge, which I suspected was the right way to go on cel-shading, at least in my experiments so far I dislike softening the shadow edge (and for that matter, I'm not in favor of softening the highlight edge either).  Also like I mentioned before the hair looks great as is, even without use of the yatoon hair halo in the glow channel, which I suspected from my experiments that that's not always necessary to use either.  Some hairstyles the halo glow wave looks good, others though not so much.

I just really like the look you've obtained here, and seeking to get a grasp on all the elements so I can emulate (steal) it for my future renders.    :)

Ironically I've spent many years pursuing photorealistic rendering settings in Carrara, to the point where I can crank almost more realism out of it than when I'm using Octane, yet after all that time and effort, I've recently realized that what I really want to do and master is cel-shaded manga/anime rendering.  :)  Thanks again for showing a great closeup of your work, and thanks for preserving Zygock's tutorial as well as your own.  (For anyone else interested, there is a wiki for yatoon that has a good description of all settings: https://bitbucket.org/zgock/yatoon/wiki/Reference  and yet another tutorial: https://bitbucket.org/zgock/yatoon/wiki/Tutorial )

edited January 2020

celshading is cool indeed it gives a whole new look.  I'll make another cel-shade with ya toon just for the heck of it.

• Aiko 3

Carrara Yatoon Plugin

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

3Delight, custom shader.

Thoughts? What should I improve?

thr.jpg
    1538 x 1541 - 1M
  • 3Delight, custom shader.

looks pretty good maybe change the shades from red to gray? but those are my two cents.

• 3Delight, custom shader.

Wow, looks great! What character is that?

3dcgx said:

3Delight, custom shader.

looks pretty good maybe change the shades from red to gray? but those are my two cents.

No colors used in the shader. Everything is texture dependent based of the main flat colors of the character. Attached is an image with color correction.

3Delight, custom shader.

Wow, looks great! What character is that?

Custom made from scratch. I made a thread about it here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/374516/muscle-based-deformation-take-2/p1

ugl.jpg
    540 x 474 - 170K
    edited January 2020

If you are trying to make this model anime, just make the nose smaller the character looks like realistic, but the shading skill is pretty good.   My style is more of a toony pokemon style.

edited January 2020

Team Rocket Aiko 3

• Mekana Aiko 3

using picas toon shade

3Delight, custom shader.

I dig it! It really pops!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    Redfern said:

I LOVE that disheveled, frizzy "mop" of 1980s hair!

Sincerely,

Bill

3Delight, custom shader.

Interesting, looks like you've got 2 different shaders for shadows combined, one for regular shadows and one for 'deep' shadows.  I'm curious what it would look like with no specular white on the skin (just the skin, the hair needs the specular, but I wonder if the skin might look more toon-like without specular).

3dcgx said:

Aiko 3

Carrara Yatoon Plugin

Excellent!  You really have a good command of Yatoon

Redfern said:

I LOVE that disheveled, frizzy "mop" of 1980s hair!

Sincerely,

Bill

Agree, looks terrific!  :)  And you should see it in animations too, really brings it even more to life! (Dart has shown some example animations in the Carrara forums). 

Oh, PWtoon, I just can't seem to quit you!

TEst.png
    1080 x 1290 - 2M

Same project but with different lighting, and using Daz|Studio's built in toon shader.

Space Gun 2.png
    1080 x 1290 - 956K

test render

RY.jpg
    992 x 1000 - 366K