Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• I have spoken.

Welcome to manga cafe thanks for joining us.  Nice anime manga lady.

• I need another opinion on this. Here are two versions of the same character and costume, one has black trim and a gold Obi, the other a gold trim with a black obi. Which looks better? 

I need another opinion on this. Here are two versions of the same character and costume, one has black trim and a gold Obi, the other a gold trim with a black obi. Which looks better? 

Whichever is closer to Bill Tucci Shi. They both look good

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I have spoken.

Aw yiss! Very nice!

• Hi t here, and thank you for inviting me! I just got caught up reading a couple of the old post pages, so I'm gonna just jump right in with responding to some of the convos from earlier.

Been doing anime/toon rendering for years, working on my technique. I use a mix of PWtoon (and I've released a few of my settings for people to use) and Visual Shaders. Both are important for what I do. Sometimes I'll use Manga shaders on the side, but I havent decided what I'm going to do with that exactly yet. It will come to me.  I also used to use the free toon render shaders out there - had to because PWtoon was broken for a while and yes the folks at DAZ Studio heard it from me loud and clear. LOL.

The models I prefer are Gen3 - Aiko Kioki and Hiro Hitoro. But the latest Genesis8 model has proven to be workable. I had to tweak her eye settings for greater expression mobility, but it works. And I've been able to get male models from her quite nicely.  When we were using Genesis and 2, I wasn't very happy with it. Genesis 3 was workable but Sakura 8 was what helped kick my projects back into being. 

That being said, though, I spend a lot of time converting things down to Aiko and Hiro. Including Genesis 8 stuff if I can manage it. I wish they'd do legacy shapes for Genesis 8 because that would make it easier, rather than converting Genesis 8 to 3, then 2, then ground zero, then Aiko.

Here's a sneak peek of something that's eventually going to happen in my webcomic, Akashik. The hair had to be partially drawn to do like I wanted. DeForce is amazing but with the latest changes things don't always flow as well as I need.

panel1small.jpg
    833 x 833 - 84K
  • I'm a kioki user too and Hitoro but I use Carrara for my rendering. You can check out my previous post here or my website https://3dcgx.com good to see a fellow Kioki user.
  • 3dcgx said:
    I'm a kioki user too and Hitoro but I use Carrara for my rendering. You can check out my previous post here or my website https://3dcgx.com good to see a fellow Kioki user.

I even have a set dial up in my Kioki so that I ca set a Sakura-like shape as my starting base. I've been working on my Kioki cr2 off and on for a long time. She's pretty versatile.

There used to be a free fix morph you could get for her thighs when she bends but it either isn't working for me or I need to find it again and install it.  

So now, let me check out this website... 

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851
    edited March 2020

That bend was created by mcasual @ https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39618/ready-a-morph-and-a-d-form-to-address-aiko3-s-flat-thigh-top-issue

you can find him in deviantart, he offers it on his website he also made one to fix the shoulder issue Aiko 3 had.  I have those morphs on my zero figure.  I cannot provide links now cuz im mobile but I can post them later.

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on

A mix of Aiko 3 and G2 Keiko.

The rendering itself took a whopping four seconds, this is because I used the DzDefault toon shader. Loading up Photoshop to do the postwork took longer!

Girl.png
    764 x 1380 - 1M
  • mizaki3dmizaki3d Posts: 0

Thanks 3dcgx for the invite, I am a poser and shade user if you see my works at PoserClub then you know.  I'll post something soon.

sincerely 

Mizaki

• Thanks Mizaki for stopping by and everyone welcome to Manga Cafe, lets make this thread the best @ daz3D forum, lets show them that anime rules!

• 3dcgx said:

Gustov thanks for taking my invitation here, I have invited Mizaki from Poser Club she does some good render with a character named BelBel based on aiko 3 and also Uweg from Deviantart @ https://deviantart.com/uweg as well as, some other anime artist I hope they come and join us as well.

I have props and poses from Uweg he is very good, I also have props from shukky.

My one critique on that would be to maybe shift the top teeth up and bottom teeth down. I found myself having to do that lot with Aiko 3.

• mizaki3dmizaki3d Posts: 0

Hiere is one of my works

sincerely

mizaki

• マンガカフェへようこそ

Welcome to Manga Cafe

edited March 2020

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I found the props of Sakura Hime But I don´t know which anime is she from?

• 3dcgx said:

Well she is angry, maybe I will change later the teeth smiley

vrba79 said:

My one critique on that would be to maybe shift the top teeth up and bottom teeth down. I found myself having to do that lot with Aiko 3.

• I have a Vampirella too smiley

Oh nice!

edited March 2020
    image Big fan of vampirella here too
    Post edited by Hatsune Miku on

Hot DAMN!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited March 2020

Okay, here's my spin.

I used a node based arrangement of textures (diffuse, transparency, specular and displacement) that SamTherapy once offered.  His setup allowed one to use a favorite skin texture meant for the Mil' 3 figures, like Aiko 3 as depicted here.  I modified it so that she'd have a "up flipped" collar of actual geometry instead of the texture based approach Sam supplied.

Loosely inspired by a notable poster of Vampi that was originally offered in the early1970s, a bat flies from her fingertip.

Sincerely,

Bill

A3-Vampirella-J-5.jpg
    800 x 1066 - 186K
    Post edited by Redfern on

I must say, I am enjoying the Vampirella-based turn the thread has taken. Never really read the comics, but always enjoyed the cover art.

• I was trying to copy Alita

• Dirty Pair

• More Dirty Pair

I don't know much about Evangelion, but I do know that Rei isn't known to be a smiler.

• vrba79 said:

I don't know much about Evangelion, but I do know that Rei isn't known to be a smiler.

Yes you are right I found the suits and I started to do renders, later I started watching Evangelion for the first time, sorry about that. laugh