Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Oh... and I use Arki's EYEdeas3+

These eyes are awesome, and I can pick between the version that has her custom UVs or the V4 or M4 UV mapped versions she's included.

So I use the V4 mapped version because I have a HUGE collection of textures for Gen4 females (all use V4 mapping), and I still get more eye maps as I see fit. They're even really cheap now!!! :)

My character is also using the Base Female (Genesis 1) preset so that she's mapped to V4 mapping. But the beauty of working with Genesis 1 is that there is an absolute plethora of UV options available. Want to use Troll skin maps? Apply the Troll preset! LOL

• I love Genesis 1, using Genesis Generation X2!

I have The Girl 4, and she has all those wacky/awesome expressions - Aiko 4 does too, so I put those on this character too, along with all of the expressions I bought for V4 and Genesis 2 - and that's now added to all of them that I bought for Genesis 1 - so this girl (Stylized Superhero character of my wife!) is Very Emotive!

GenX2 also allowed me to give Genesis 1 the more detailed female shapes from Genesis 2 Female, since I got the Genesis 2 addon for it.

Now it doesn't matter, Male, Female... if there's a morph I need to use, I give it to my character.

In Carrara, when we save a Genesis figure as a Carrara file, we can no longer add morphs to that particular figure. We can cop all of the shape dial setting over to a fresh Genesis that has more morphs, but the one we save becomes locked. I use this to my advantage. I have a master copy of all of my Genesis morphs on my desktop, and I update that any time I buy new morphs. When I make a character, like Rosiie 5 here, I go into the data > DAZ3D > Genesis > Base > Morphs folder, and delete all of the morphs I don't want polluting her dials selection - like monsters, male stuff, whatever.

So this character only has dials that I want her to have. Yeah... there's a LOT of them, but they're just whatI want! :)

Meh I have to do something on Genesis is part of my bucketlist this year.   Thanks for sharing that info Dartabeck and a happy new year !

Not trying to push Genesis, mind you... I'm just excited to have my figures animating (with dynamic hair and great shapes) as well as they are.

I just built a new Ryzen computer that renders Carrara animations really well (Rosie 5 mid shot @ 16 seconds per frame), so I decided to start a whole new workflow. Feels good. Finally getting somewhere!

3dcgx said:

I love Genesis 1, using Genesis Generation X2!

I have The Girl 4, and she has all those wacky/awesome expressions - Aiko 4 does too, so I put those on this character too, along with all of the expressions I bought for V4 and Genesis 2 - and that's now added to all of them that I bought for Genesis 1 - so this girl (Stylized Superhero character of my wife!) is Very Emotive!

GenX2 also allowed me to give Genesis 1 the more detailed female shapes from Genesis 2 Female, since I got the Genesis 2 addon for it.

Now it doesn't matter, Male, Female... if there's a morph I need to use, I give it to my character.

In Carrara, when we save a Genesis figure as a Carrara file, we can no longer add morphs to that particular figure. We can cop all of the shape dial setting over to a fresh Genesis that has more morphs, but the one we save becomes locked. I use this to my advantage. I have a master copy of all of my Genesis morphs on my desktop, and I update that any time I buy new morphs. When I make a character, like Rosiie 5 here, I go into the data > DAZ3D > Genesis > Base > Morphs folder, and delete all of the morphs I don't want polluting her dials selection - like monsters, male stuff, whatever.

So this character only has dials that I want her to have. Yeah... there's a LOT of them, but they're just whatI want! :)

Meh I have to do something on Genesis is part of my bucketlist this year.   Thanks for sharing that info Dartabeck and a happy new year !

You too! Wonderful thread! I have a LOT of reading to do in here! :)

• Not trying to push Genesis, mind you... I'm just excited to have my figures animating (with dynamic hair and great shapes) as well as they are.

I just built a new Ryzen computer that renders Carrara animations really well (Rosie 5 mid shot @ 16 seconds per frame), so I decided to start a whole new workflow. Feels good. Finally getting somewhere!

3dcgx said:

You too! Wonderful thread! I have a LOT of reading to do in here! :)

I see you are a Carrara user, Im one too but I dont hang at the Carrara Forum parts.  I'd like to see your anime character once feel free to place her here.

• Manga Heroine

Intergalactic Angel Jyuna 2.0 is

A mixture of Aiko 1.0 and Aiko 3.0

Rendered in Carrara

Superb!!! And she works brilliantly in Carrara too, I bet!

She's Awesome!

• Superb!!! And she works brilliantly in Carrara too, I bet!

She's Awesome!

Thanks

• In Carrara you can use Formulas to color hair, the highlight on the character is actually a formula not a texture.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 988
    edited January 2020

@3dcgx Those renders of the original Aiko inspired me to have a go at remaking her with Genesis 8 Female using some of the pictures you posted as a reference. I used Girl 8 as a base along with Rarestone's Girl 8 face morphs and toon eyebrows, as well as a couple of the standard G8F face morphs. I ended up having to translate the eyeballs downwards a little bit, as otherwise it would look like she was staring upwards when she was supposed to be looking forwards.

AikoRemade.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • @TheNathanParable oh but you did a wonderful job updating Aiko 1 great job keep up the good work and happy New year!!!
    3dcgx said:

In Carrara you can use Formulas to color hair, the highlight on the character is actually a formula not a texture.

Cool! I have to try that!

@TheNathanParable Wow!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited January 2020

I decided to load the original Aiko.  Using an image editor, I played with the bump maps for the included robot motif, making so that the "gtooves" could "glow".  Then I applied the included "Boom!" pose, added a "plasma" energy prop, some appropriate lights and Coflek-Gnorg's "Space Sphere".

Sincerely,

Bill

A1-Gynoid-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 83K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Redfern said:

I decided to load the original Aiko.  Using an image editor, I played with the bump maps for the included robot motif, making so that the "gtooves" could "glow".  Then I applied the included "Boom!" pose, added a "plasma" energy prop, some appropriate lights and Coflek-Gnorg's "Space Sphere".

Sincerely,

Bill

Yes I've seen this texture in the mats but you have improved it a thousand folds great job !

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851
    edited January 2020

Miku Hatsune's Cantarella is made with Aiko 1 and Aiko 3

click image below for the video on this one

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Thanks!  Originally, I made those "seams" glow neon blue, but then I added the "plasma" that was tinted orange, I added a point light of an appropriate color centered within the prop, but that clashed with the body grooves.  So I changed them to orange as well.

Sincerely,

Bill

@Redfern That's awesome! Nice job with the shaders and lights. 

@3dcgx Awesome!!!

edited January 2020

Aiko 3 Baseball

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    3dcgx said:

Genesis 1 has a lot of anime style options. Hiro 5 and Hitomi are definitely something you want to invest in, if you go the Genesis route.

• vrba79 said:
    3dcgx said:

Genesis 1 has a lot of anime style options. Hiro 5 and Hitomi are definitely something you want to invest in, if you go the Genesis route.

Too heavy in Carrara for my PC but once I get a better system I'll try it.

•  

Aiko 3 as Nanika Mayura Witch

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited January 2020
    3dcgx said:
    vrba79 said:
    3dcgx said:

It'll be a good investment if you ever do, and thanks to how Genesis works, you can import Aiko3/Hiro3 clothes and hair over to D|S via one of the legacy morph packs.

Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited January 2020

I'm more of a Carrara user than Daz studios I have to see the compatibility of the legacy morph pack in carrara from a Carrara user perspective.  Thanks for the information though @vrba79

3dcgx said:
    vrba79 said:
    3dcgx said:

I haven't been using Generation 3 figures, but I absolutely love working with Generation 4 in Carrara! Took a long ime for me to adopt Genesis 1 for my main characters. Villains, monsters, background people etc., sure... but I've always kept my main characters, as you said, lighter on resources.

If you like using it, no real need to change -0 especially in Carrara where we can model stuff we want. 

BTW, I love your Aiko 3 stuff! :)

• Good morning at the cafe.  Today i have a lot of aiko 3 freebies and A4 @ http://poserclub-cab.net/pf/category/free-staff/a3/page/2/ and http://poserclub-cab.net/pf/category/free-staff/a4/ enjoy!!

• 3dcgx said:

Good morning at the cafe.  Today i have a lot of aiko 3 freebies and A4 @ http://poserclub-cab.net/pf/category/free-staff/a3/page/2/ and http://poserclub-cab.net/pf/category/free-staff/a4/ enjoy!!

It should be interesting to try and convert those A4 shapes over to Genesis. However, looking at the dates for all those files on the page you linked to, they're all almost a decade old. 

• I haven't seen much of the Japanese community using Genesis just yet.

• There are various kinds of filters out there, I normally use Filter forge, but if i want to go extremely Toony I use Picas.  the next render I'll use one of my OC's and rendere it with various filters.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited January 2020

An attempt at a G2F version of my character Tommie:

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on