off topic thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

Twinmotion and Carrara Hitfilm compositions

ok a wee bit of DAZ studio too namely the second clip of two guys by the fire after the Twinmotion one and the girl in the gown not Dforce though, VWD

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers, and to everyone's father.  smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995

I'm guessing that it's fathers day over there?

a silly Music Video I made for a YouTube Audio Library tune

as I do now and again

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Nice work.  What is the music?  reminds me of Jean Michael Jarre, who did a pretty spectacular light show in Houston, long ago.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/arts-theater/article/Music-pioneer-Jarre-returns-to-Houston-30-years-12812845.php

Steve K said:

Nice work.  What is the music?  reminds me of Jean Michael Jarre, who did a pretty spectacular light show in Houston, long ago.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/arts-theater/article/Music-pioneer-Jarre-returns-to-Houston-30-years-12812845.php

The title

Heaven and Hell

Artist Jeremy Blake

it actually displays on first click of embed

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    Steve K said:

Thanks for posting that, great to hear he is coming back.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

I must be old... I thought he could nicely do a bangup version of Arthur Brown's 'Fire'.  Nice dancing and atmosphere with the flames!  yessmiley  Silene

@SileneUK_Carrara - You can check out your former neighborhood (extended) at the following website, which includes some before and after pictures at specific intersections.  

www.jdland.com

I lived at 1st and L, southeast for a decade.  My place is already under contract.  Woohoo.  If all goes well, I will do some traveling in July, then I have to be pretty careful.  By retiring before I really should have, I will be getting my benefits in three delayed stages, so may have some temporary issues down the road.  Temptation to splurge before I should is high.

• Just upgraded recently from Carrara 7.2 to 8.5 Pro, just want to say I'm loving it! :)

Diomede.... I lived nr Suitland/Silver Hill in MD, but went to school just off PA Ave at SFX catholic grade school.  I used to 'hallucinate' on hot days, sitting on the window side in the sun, that I had a giant tub of Kool-Aid with ice cubes and a long glass straw right to my desk.  I just looked at O St SE, 2700 block, and...OMG... they have AC in their windows!!! (windows changed, too but otherwise the building looks pretty much the same as in 1963.

Goodluck Soaresrui, am sure you will enjoy it. Just having the symetry tool in the vertex room was a plus for me!

yes Silene

Damn I set Baker going and instantly regretted it and it cannot be stopped

will need to wait hours by looks as it renders out maps I don’t want because I didn’t save my scene 

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited July 2019

This is what I have been doing this weekend.....

Smart Family Meeting 2019 in Haugesund Norway...

104 people and around 80 cars from all over Europe.

What did we do..... Went on sightseeing off course, and spoke of our wonderfully cars... cheeky

And here is actually fottage of my car in the mountain...

https://www.facebook.com/JJLesneyman/videos/1374059382770906/?t=40

Post edited by Varsel on

You need a car that tiny for those roads! yes

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

And if you want to see more pictures and videos from the weekend : push on one of the Smart Guys in the picture...

It's a Facebook group that was made for this event....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1367677456714356/

Hey, there's guardrails on those roads. I thought Norway didn't do guardrails! devil

Looks amazing!  yes Silene

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2019

I haven't done much over the 4th weekend. I did smoke a brisket. Started out at 12.5 pounds. Probably about 8 pounds after I smoked it for 12.5 hours.

First picture is beginning the smoke at 3:30 AM.

Second picture is showing only a few slices of the brisket flat and point. Love that red smoke ring!

2019-07-05 03.37.30.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    2019-07-05 15.22.30.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    Post edited by evilproducer on

I haven't done much over the 4th weekend. I did smoke a brisket. Started out at 12.5 pounds. Probably about 8 pounds after I smoked it for 12.5 hours.

Second picture is showing only a few slices of the brisket flat and point. Love that red smoke ring!

Smoking a brisket better than smoking yes

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Not for the cow! wink

I love South African Biltong.... but that looks truly brilliant. Drooling here!  kissSilene

I am doing the trippy stuffs again

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited July 2019
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900x launched, 12 core CPU for 499$ beats Intels 12 core @ 1200$. 16 core comes in September and 32-64 core in Q3 2019. Render benchmarks: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14605/the-and-ryzen-3700x-3900x-review-raising-the-bar/9 Last time AMD beat Intel was a decade ago.
    Post edited by 3drendero on

video

Varsel said:

This is what I have been doing this weekend.....

Smart Family Meeting 2019 in Haugesund Norway...

104 people and around 80 cars from all over Europe.

What did we do..... Went on sightseeing off course, and spoke of our wonderfully cars... cheeky

And here is actually fottage of my car in the mountain...

https://www.facebook.com/JJLesneyman/videos/1374059382770906/?t=40

Your car has ben replicated!

Looks like a lot of fun.  Hope you enjoyed it to the fullest.

Looks delicious!

I am doing the trippy stuffs again

I love it when you do trippy stuff,

I am in a grumpy melancholy mood and cannot even comfort eat as cannot swallow anything as my throat is swollen 

Hope you feel better, Wendy.

I completed another train leg, this time San Francisco to Denver.

good - lots of great sights and experiences, yay!

bad - my Denver hotel sucks. WiFi broken, TV troubles (WiFi and tv are related problems).  Arranged hotel through train company.  Aaargh.  Posting this using my data plan.  

edited July 2019

Was just an allergic reaction it seems

anyway made a discovery 

if you don’t change the number of particles just the other parameters Carrara fountain primitives export as morph targets on themselves into DAZ studio

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited July 2019

Wendy, glad you are feeling better.  Great discovery.  I hope to experiment some when I'm done traveling.

Speaking of traveling, got my hotel room changed so I have internet today.  Yay!  One more day in Denver area, then back to traveling.  Here is another pic taken from the train, this time in a canyon in Colorado.  This tree has a bald eagle nest and one of the birds is perched on a nearby branch.  You will have to zoom at full size.  I was across the river so it is pretty small.

bald eagle adjusted.jpg
    3024 x 4032 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on
This discussion has been closed.