• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995

I seen what you did there !!

laugh  wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

Nice try but the forum shows times yes

unless.   gasp.      You were modded devil

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2019

The duplicate is the question asking about what to put on crumpets.  I went to Trader Joe's and picked some up.  Posted a pic in this off topic thread, but couldn't find the rest of the discussion here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4616066/#Comment_4616066

Post edited by Diomede on

I did look at crumpets when shopping but I was strong

bought mixed leaves, watermelon quarter and frozen mixed berries 

meanwhile one of my cats is sitting on me and farting 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Until a few years ago, you could not get 'English Muffins' here, now you can. I think they are called toaster muffins in some stores.

Back then I used crumpets for my eggs bennies. I love them with my freezer raspberry jam I make when the season comes round. Not as sweet as standard jam/preseves/conserves as it's kept frozen till needed, then kept in fridge, it's more like a thick coulis with recognisable raspberries in there. Yum with REAL butter on crumpets!

cheeky  Silene

bought two packets yesterday... expiry date is 3rd June... so guess what devil  laugh

edited June 2019

They are installing my NBN, I fell asleep did not hear knock but SMS woke me with obscure link my phone wouldn’t open so went out and saw technician 

it must be working because I am on the internet and my modem showing much bigger numbers and VDSL2+ instead of ADSL on the router address 

I also got an email with a video telling me how to set up a new modem which I watched on internet that is already working so I guess that’s that yes

this is is probably s l o w compared to America blush

3D04151A-0FCA-404F-B2A3-CCC48FD8DF8A.jpeg
    1536 x 215 - 69K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited June 2019

a lot faster than my NBN

speedtest.jpg
    833 x 313 - 32K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited June 2019

On ipad I get this only

PC often different will test later

our friends across the Pacific Ocean are rolling their eyes blush

3F99E938-1AEE-41F4-98F5-105ED9DE8E35.png
    1536 x 2048 - 205K

videos upload damned fast

edited June 2019

Very cool.  So we can expect to see even more videos?  Excellent.

On my front, my place in DC is up for sale, so I will be moving later this summer.  So much to do!  Cramping my Carrara time.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Very cool.  So we can expect to see even more videos?  Excellent.

On my front, my place in DC is up for sale, so I will be moving later this summer.  So much to do!  Cramping my Carrara time.

Oh man, moving is such a drag. Good luck, hope the process goes smoothly!

I was getting one excess data warning after another on my phone so shut it off, grabbed iPad and pile of emails too so contacted my provider for live chat on iPad and as I expected I had used 0 data as I don’t use my phone for anything but phonecalls it’s a glitch but I am still getting the frightening emails and the bloody thing is powered off!

I didn’t reply to the gmails, just went to their site and logged into my account in case some hackers 

am still terrified in spite of assurances 

I didn’t reply to the gmails, just went to their site and logged into my account in case some hackers 

That is scary.  Hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

That is scary.  Hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

Very as I am on an extremely limited income 

phone is off but if were hacked that makes no difference 

but have spoken to a customer service representative 

It was my phone not connecting to my wifi and decided to update or something on 3G which it shouldn’t have from my settings but apparently did burning though all my data and 10x over!

fortunately my phone service  company were kind enough to waive the $70 extra on the bill as I am a reliable customer of over 20 years and now my phone has no data plan at all just phonecalls and SMS as I prefer, it can still use the internet but via wifi and hotspots like my iPad as it was happily doing until my modem switched off when my landline was changed over to NBN last Tuesday which is likely what caused this.

Rebooting the modem today and factory resetting my phone I finally got my WAP2 protocol working again which kept failing.

so I did grab a 3 month PC+ again but cannot afford much more than that

Elios you are so hawt but sorry just cannot

I dodged a bullet on the phone bill hopefully so thought yeah why not the freebies and DAZ originals when on extra sales make it worth it

edited June 2019

I dodged a bullet on the phone bill hopefully so thought yeah why not the freebies and DAZ originals when on extra sales make it worth it

Although the freebies vary, over time the PC club has delivered plenty of quality stuff, especially some of the sets.  Strange thing is that because my runtimes and libraries are such a mess, I end up trying to make stuff myself that I already got from here, renderosity, or the old contentparadise.  The PC club may be a luxury, but if as long as my budget holds, I'm going to try to remain a member.  

Although the freebies vary, over time the PC club has delivered plenty of quality stuff, especially some of the sets.  Strange thing is that because my runtimes and libraries are such a mess, I end up trying to make stuff myself that I already got from here, renderosity, or the old contentparadise.  The PC club may be a luxury, but if as long as my budget holds, I'm going to try to remain a member.  

I drop in and out frequently 

edited June 2019

What I get for Visiting Texas Relatives

Visiting relatives in Dallas, Texas. I've taken time off from debris-clearing to find a beer place with WiFi to recharge my phone (and recharge me) and get some internet time.

Thunderstorms have taken down lots of trees, destroyed power lines, knocked over a construction crane, and all sorts of other bad stuff.  Thousands without power, etc.

Two of three our family households without power (my sister's apartment has power, but my brother's house and my parents' house both without electricity).  Fortunately, all people OK.

Now for the really sad part.  My parents' neighbors really got hit hard.  Someone else's roof got ripped off and hit the front of their house.  A tree snapped and hit both of their cars and a power line in the back of their house.  Don't expect power to be restored for extended period.

Stay safe out there, and don't take thunderstorm warnings lightly.

ouch roof in front yard.JPG
    902 x 676 - 103K
    ouch tree cars.JPG
    897 x 669 - 120K
    edited June 2019

A crane fell on apartment block and killed a person I saw 

lots of cars fallen out of mutistory carpark

edited June 2019

A crane fell on apartment block and killed a person I saw 

lots of cars fallen out of mutistory carpark

Oh no!  I knew a crane had fallen but not about the fatality.  So sad.  Odd that visiting here but cut off from internet and TV most of the time, that I know less than people getting news elsewhere.

My brother and his wife took me around Dallas last week trying to persuade me to retire here, but...

EDIT:  San Antonio, on the other hand...

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Yup, a quick search found a meterologist saying SA is outside "Tornado Alley" ... but still might be at risk.  Here in Houston, we don't get many tornadoes, or at least not as bad as Tornado Alley.  We have to settle for ... (cue the "Shark Theme" from "Jaws") ... hurricanes.  The season just started.   surprise

On the slightly plus side, hurricanes give a little more warning ... 

Steve K said:

Yup, a quick search found a meterologist saying SA is outside "Tornado Alley" ... but still might be at risk.  Here in Houston, we don't get many tornadoes, or at least not as bad as Tornado Alley.  We have to settle for ... (cue the "Shark Theme" from "Jaws") ... hurricanes.  The season just started.   surprise

On the slightly plus side, hurricanes give a little more warning ... 

Know what you mean about the warning time for hurricanes.  I taught in Palm Beach County, Florida for two years.  Probably an urban myth, but my students all believed that when a hurricane skirts the east coast of the Bahama Islands, its wake gets funneled toward Palm Beach County. Great surfing, supposedly. One time when the hurricane path had that pattern, I went to class and NONE of my students showed up.  The headline in the local newspaper was "Surfs Up!"  The next class they all tried to tell me they were sick, and I just told them all to sit down, shut up, and don't make excuses.  I totally understood, but couldn't let them know that.  The local newspaper claimed that people fly in from all over the world when the projected hurricane path tracks just barely east of the Bahamas.  Like I said, probably an urban myth.  Andrew might know.

must o blew me wacky modeling thread away...

I can't get into it! cool  frown

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

must o blew me wacky modeling thread away...

What this one?       you seem to be in there    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/235511/wacky-modeling-in-carrara#latest

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    Steve K said:

Know what you mean about the warning time for hurricanes. 

I think surfers head to Galveston the same way.  As an ex-small sailboat racer on Galveston Bay, I headed the other way, toward, say, Dallas ...

We do get tornadoes here in Houston, of course.  I was once asked to do a short term job for my old company in a high rise office building in downtown Houston.  I had a cubicle at a ~20th floor window, and had gone to the men's room when suddenly everybody (male) showed up in there.   I asked if a meeting had let out, the answer was "Tornado!"  We all then felt the building sway for a half minute or so.  I was thinking buildings should not do that, then I realized, yes, they should.  Back at my cubicle, the window was gone, the mini blinds were waving out into space, and a manager was putting up yellow tape across the opening to the cubicle.  He said "Don't go in there!"  I said "Don't worry!"  The story was that a squadron of several small tornadoes had passed through, no serious damage that I heard of ...   not sure about pedestrians on the sidewalk beneath my ex-window.

surprise

Chohole said:

Ymust o blew me wacky modeling thread away...

What this one?       you seem to be in there    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/235511/wacky-modeling-in-carrara#latest

Yep, got into it after posting in here.. all I could get for 30minutes was a cloudfare error but it was only the wacky thread!

wacky hey... yes

This discussion has been closed.