off topic thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

OMG when you accept some random Facebook friend request from a person in a group you are following and they immediately start liking all your selfies .......unfriended surprise

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Thought that was a card game . . . . . oh wait, cribbageblush

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

ok.. scrimmage... learn something new every day laugh

Yeah, sports talk can be pretty country specific, and even game level, I guess.  Rather than scrimmage, the US football pros have "joint practices" with two teams, sometimes days before a "preseason game".  

After a trip to the UK years ago, I got interested in cricket, which is actually fairly popular here around Houston.  Lots of folks from India & Pakistan.  Took me a LONG time to understand the game summaries.  "He made 59 runs in the first innings (!) and 34 in the second ... "  "They did better after tea ... "  "Dibbly-Dobbly? Silly Mid Off? Slog Sweep?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/18/sports/cricket/a-brief-guide-to-cricket-terms-from-beamer-to-wicket.html

Thought that was a card game . . . . . oh wait, cribbageblush

But they do rhyme, ought to be a song in there ... enlightened

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

https://genius.com/Mccarthy-trenching-29-lyrics

Song Excerpt

What the hell, we might as well play cribbage
    Is this for glory, or is it just a scrimmage?

Come on, it's New Year's Day:
    Why don't we listen to Hank
    And find a new game to play with dominoes?
    Old Hank died 59 years ago
    “Why Should We Try Anymore?”
    Because the best thing we do —
    I guess I don't know about you —
    But the best thing I do is to sing a song
    It's the right thing to do, even when you do it wrong

What did you do last night
    Did you set the woods on fire?
    Neither did I, I was in bed by twelve
    I rang it in like the Liberty Bell:
    Just wishing I'd never cracked
    Maybe this'll be the year you finally grow a beard
    Maybe I'll grow tall and handsome
    I'm afraid I'd have to pray for a miracle, and then some

For now, it's New Year's Day
    And we're listening to Hank
    I'll be damned, how'd you get that score?
    You got 15 - ­2 - ­4 - ­6 - ­8 - ­10 - ­12 - ­14 - ­16
    And another dozen for four of a kind
    Cousin, nobs gives you 29:
    Hank's age when he died

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995
    Steve K said:

ok.. scrimmage... learn something new every day laugh

After a trip to the UK years ago, I got interested in cricket, which is actually fairly popular here around Houston.  Lots of folks from India & Pakistan.  Took me a LONG time to understand the game summaries.  "He made 59 runs in the first innings (!) and 34 in the second ... "  "They did better after tea ... "  "Dibbly-Dobbly? Silly Mid Off? Slog Sweep?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/18/sports/cricket/a-brief-guide-to-cricket-terms-from-beamer-to-wicket.html

cricket is my game.. yes
    here is a simple explanation on the basics of playing cricket wink

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...
    You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
    When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
    There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
    When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

seeemples laugh

What makes cricket great is, the game stops for tea. yes

the silly point

and the silly mid on

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2019

What makes cricket great is, the game stops for tea. yes

everything stops for tea

Post edited by Chohole on

nothing like having a fine leg or getting caught in the covers whilst bowling a maiden over... devil  heart

and then have a break for lunch before tea wink

just hope we don't get Stoked in the next Test 

I think it says something when it's not a mere "game" of cricket, it's a Test . . . 

no ball!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

I think it says something when it's not a mere "game" of cricket, it's a Test . . . 

no ball!

As bad as Ben Stokes behaved over that bustup in my home town.... he is the man of the moment!  (Sorry Ozzies)  devil  Silene

Steve K said:

cricket is my game.. yes
    here is a simple explanation on the basics of playing cricket wink

Sounds straightforward.  Unlike baseball as explained by the inventor to a game company, "You've got these two white lines ..." :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh4CvpfXUZ4

https://genius.com/Mccarthy-trenching-29-lyrics

Song Excerpt

And I thought I was joking ... reminds me of Houston's own Lyle Lovett, who once rhymed "ice water" and "fly swatter" ...

We call it a friendly

Well my PC is apparently stuffed graphics wise as my 760 is now blackscreening too.

Carrara renders beautifully on it with the CPU as does DAZ studio even with iray CPU as fast as it did GPU on this card, just cannot use my graphics card at all now.

I am thinking of buying just a cheap Windows 10 PC with as good a Nvidia card as I can get and separating my processes, this one is still very good but not for Octane, Flowscape, iClone etc, I can use 3Delight in a pinch on it and Poser Firefly etc too as well as Bryce, Mandelbulber, Blender not GPU.

• Rendering some animated walks through Howie Farkes scenes since I am going through graphics card withdrawal

I still modify them,

otherwise will take eternity, slow as is

set trees to minimal smoothing, lose the translucency on everything 

set object accuracy to 4

use a distant light instead of sunlight and sky, still use the fake GI skydome though

my only confusion is ray tracing depth, it seems to make little difference regardless of settings 

filter put right down seems faster neither show much difference in render

• My camera keeps ending up in trees

they don't show until render

Arthur Wrightus is torturing me too

my chair keeps going down on me!

• my chair keeps going down on me!

devil

need to jack it up often

3 to 4 times a day!  cool

• a length of polypipe would do too

I think that will work... wink

Thanks, Wendy, mine is doing that and it was not a cheap chair.  This will sort it!!  yes​ Silene

• Literally nobody replies to anything I post on the Unreal Engine 4 forums 

Literally nobody replies to anything I post on the Unreal Engine 4 forums 

You have that?  IWhat kind of licence do you have and what is the cost for a non-published user? I had trouble understanding what/when you pay. frown Silene

• Literally nobody replies to anything I post on the Unreal Engine 4 forums 

You have that?  IWhat kind of licence do you have and what is the cost for a non-published user? I had trouble understanding what/when you pay. frown Silene

The UE4 editor is free to download and use, you only get your games charged at a percentage if you release any, and then there is a 100K total earnings including your income threshold to reach, I don't publish games I render with it.

They have loads of free assets each month too

So free to use, and renders don't attract their fees system (not that I would ever make anything LOL)  Might give this a go!

• I have been posting in this thread occasionally 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4850181/#Comment_4850181

But that along with the Twinmotion one seems to be just me posting lately so am a bit nervous about too much bumping so not posted a lot more I could have.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    If 2 different GPUs have an issue in the same port, it may be hardware issue in that port. If you have other free PCIx port that may be smaller, a riser/adapter may get your GPU running on another port. Example riser 4x to 16x: https://www.newegg.com/p/17Z-00PR-034F7

Well my PC is apparently stuffed graphics wise as my 760 is now blackscreening too.

Carrara renders beautifully on it with the CPU as does DAZ studio even with iray CPU as fast as it did GPU on this card, just cannot use my graphics card at all now.

I am thinking of buying just a cheap Windows 10 PC with as good a Nvidia card as I can get and separating my processes, this one is still very good but not for Octane, Flowscape, iClone etc, I can use 3Delight in a pinch on it and Poser Firefly etc too as well as Bryce, Mandelbulber, Blender not GPU.

This discussion has been closed.