off topic thread

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    Steve K said:
    Mystarra said:

forum seems a bit quiet. caturday night,  everbody home playing with he plugins?

Yes.  But not Carrara plugins, Vegas plugins.  My new video editor seems to have a lot of clever tools.  So did the old one (Movie Edit Pro), but Vegas supports big league plugins like Particle Illusion, an old favorite when it was stand alone (and which I still have and still works).  But the footage is, of course, Carrara animation renders.  Plus a little Poser ...

...just wait 'till you get playing with the lightning tool from FXHome! ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

something to aim for

edited May 2019

need a coffee fix

coffee0352.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 504K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Awesome stuff, Wendy!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

something to aim for

I see Max stuff on CG Trader a lot... the fur makes me wanna cry!  It looks so lush and full and moves with the muscles. Heck, he even has eye blinking and ears twitching down to an art-form! The big brown bear and wolf are amazing and this was a few years ago. yes Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2019

something to aim for

I see Max stuff on CG Trader a lot... the fur makes me wanna cry!  It looks so lush and full and moves with the muscles. Heck, he even has eye blinking and ears twitching down to an art-form! The big brown bear and wolf are amazing and this was a few years ago. yes Silene

heartheartmy first kitty was a blue siameseheartheart
    misty blue  lol 

Post edited by Mistara on

some video silliness as usual 

there a way to make underside of leaves in tree editor a lighter shade of green?

Mystarra said:

there a way to make underside of leaves in tree editor a lighter shade of green?

I can't remember off hand what it's called, but Fenric made a plugin that can allow us to apply different colors to the back side of single-polygon-thick mesh. Never tried it myself.

Another option would be to load a leaf model into the modeler, duplicate the leaf mesh and give the new selection a new texture domain, then separate the mesh a bit. Then save it as a new leaf preset.

Mystarra said:

I can't remember off hand what it's called, but Fenric made a plugin that can allow us to apply different colors to the back side of single-polygon-thick mesh. Never tried it myself.

Another option would be to load a leaf model into the modeler, duplicate the leaf mesh and give the new selection a new texture domain, then separate the mesh a bit. Then save it as a new leaf preset.

thanks.  i might already have the fenric tool without rea;izing. many i havent tried yet,  i remember reading somewhere carrara could do double sides  couldnt remember where

Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

thanks.  i might already have the fenric tool without rea;izing. many i havent tried yet,  i remember reading somewhere carrara could do double sides  couldnt remember where

When I get time, I'll locate the name of it ;)

Wendy buddy,

Cool fricken stuff you're doing! I can't say that enough. Love your work and enthusiasm, your brilliant genius, your use of so many things to make things work/happen... your unending will to learn how SO MUCH of all of this stuff works is mind blowing to me.

I just wanted to say that. You so totally ROCK, little girl! heart

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

SCHOOL'S OUT!

I'm free! I'mvreeI'mvreeI'mvreeI'mvreeeeeeeEEEEE-- *CRASH*

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    MAJourney said:

SCHOOL'S OUT!

Congratulations!  

Enjoy,  laughyes

So much I wanna do...like put together my new desk and play with ZBrush on my new Wacom tablet I was given for Christmas.

i'm also modeling some architecture in carrara

i cookin Pierogi

ginna have onion breath for couple of days lol

MAJourney said:

So much I wanna do...like put together my new desk and play with ZBrush on my new Wacom tablet I was given for Christmas.

i'm also modeling some architecture in carrara

Congrats and enjoy.... and it will be interesting to see your architectural renderings. I love zBrush... but only use it for refining or creating morphs at this stage.

Speaking of architecture... has anyone seen Pimpy?  yes  Silene

Ummm..pimpy? lol

Italian architect...  I used to know his real name from mention he made of his real work... lovely chap and used to participate in challenges. Thanks, Wendy, I see he's not been around in over a year. Hope he is OK.  yes Silene

Italian architect...  I used to know his real name from mention he made of his real work... lovely chap and used to participate in challenges. Thanks, Wendy, I see he's not been around in over a year. Hope he is OK.  yes Silene

He may be back. He often disappeared for long periods before returning to WOW us with his a-fricken-mazing renders! ;)

MAJourney said:

SCHOOL'S OUT!

Bravo! Congrats!!!

Wendy wins moron of the year award yes

my phone was not ringing and in spite of setting it to outdoor ringer volume full etc no sound

so I finally asked at the Optus store where I bought it

it seems when I cleared out all my media I deleted all my ringtones cheeky

Thanks Google 

restarting my phone restored my ringtones 

Thanks Google 

restarting my phone restored my ringtones 

yesyes

edited May 2019

I spent all my savings on getting my poo to leave my house, am now broke angry

my pipes were rooted and Mr Hanky was overstaying his welcome at Aunty Loo’s 

I could have bought a nice 2080ti for that with change for a cooling system, bigger SSD but bugger

988C356D-5EEF-46DB-A259-E22712F8B905.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Yikes!! crying  SIlene

Aaargh.  Sorry, Wendy.

surprise indecision frown sad

It’s all good albeit costly 

I would spend it again if it meant making sure my toilet flushed it all away (fortunately I had the money even if I have none now)

some things in life are just necessary 

This discussion has been closed.