off topic thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited August 2019

These black monitors are depressing me, my 3D is my only fun and it looks like I might have to give it up for a while and save for a new computer

or a 2080ti

since it is my graphics card, the computer keeps working iray in DAZ studio kept going went to CPU

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited August 2019

Damn I am at my wits end

black monitors card dying and not recovering it’s depressing 

went into safe mode removed all my Nvidia drivers with a program that removes old drivers

Device manager could no longer see my 980ti

but adding new hardware I got a driver from Windows I am trying now as hopefully matches

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    You can try to switch the card to another slot, if there is space in the case. It is a very small chance that it helps, but it is free. 2060 SUPER starts at 399$ and is faster than your old 980Ti. Daz 4.12 beta log mentions NVLink support, then 2070 SUPER at 499$ is minimum, to stack 2 cards for SLI (buy second later) if the PC can drive 2 cards.
    3drendero said:
    You can try to switch the card to another slot, if there is space in the case. It is a very small chance that it helps, but it is free. 2060 SUPER starts at 399$ and is faster than your old 980Ti. Daz 4.12 beta log mentions NVLink support, then 2070 SUPER at 499$ is minimum, to stack 2 cards for SLI (buy second later) if the PC can drive 2 cards.

Sadly I only have one slot as I broke the other one accidentally ripping off the PCIe lane pulling out my old card

I still feel as if it’s related to Windows updates though

a clean install of Windows 7 before it’s discontinued might need to be my last resort

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Bummer, if your drive is big enough, partition it to dual boot and try Win 10 free for 90 days: https://www.pcmag.com/article/345799/how-to-try-out-windows-10-for-free-for-90-days Then you can try Paint3D and download the free 3D models only available for the rest of this year.
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

My deepest sympathy.  I have been through many such hardware trials myself, and rarely got them straightened out (I am no hardware guy).  My ultimate answer (which I realize is late and may not be for you) was to get machines built by a local guy who comes highly recommended.  He stands ready to fix problems, but it hasn't come up in recent years.  Years ago I took him a machine he did not build, and he said the video card was full of dust and overheating, which he cleaned out and fixed the problem.  I now run two Honeywell Air filters 24/7 in my small bedroom office with a concrete floor.

I still feel Microsoft stuffed something up with that July 18 update though

I remember when we were chatting about crumpets and I just stumbled upon this monstrosity and had to share it laugh

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

Wendy's Video Link

a mixture of Carrara and DAZ studio (the wizard with dforce cloth was studio rendered) 

This is really cool Wendy! Was the slight difficulty with dforce due to so many layers of dforce elements, perhaps? Very cool video.

Wendy's Video Link

a mixture of Carrara and DAZ studio (the wizard with dforce cloth was studio rendered) 

This is really cool Wendy! Was the slight difficulty with dforce due to so many layers of dforce elements, perhaps? Very cool video.

I can’t find which one you meant now seems to be pages ago and the quote doesn’t give the date blush

the wise wizard is a hell of an outfit to animate exploding easily as much Dforce stuff does, I still prefer VWD 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I remember when we were chatting about crumpets and I just stumbled upon this monstrosity and had to share it laugh

I want one!  I want one!  smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    edited August 2019

I have a lot of catching up to do, but it will be a while before I can. 

I felt that this would be a good thread for this - I'm very much away from the internet still. Working 7 days a week - mostly outdoor manual labor stuff and drumming - fun - to earn enough for a new computer. Helluva fight that still doesn't look hopeful. We'll see. If not, who knows. Maybe I'm just done with computers? I certainly hope not.

Much Love - Forever! Ciao for now heart

(Me before our gig just last Saturday - a Glam 80s show)

Glam Dart.jpg
    426 x 632 - 244K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

As Fernando would say, You look Mavalus!

Hope your computer woes get sorted out soon. 

Miss you.

Computers just keep getting obsolete so no rush, better you enjoy wearing those glam tights while you still have the landscaping bod to pull it off! heart can sit and play with the DAZ dollies when you are old and feeble, by then VR with touch will be in. yes

edited August 2019

bought those body and leg chains, converted to general weight in the Carrara plugin called DAZ studio and autofitted them to Genesis 2 male

too many to save as support assets but a scene subset did load and project morphs on Gianni 6 in Carrara after an hour!

but now getting the dreaded error has occured trying to load a mimic wav or clicking in timeline etc 

it will need massive pruning with Alberto's morph eraser too to save

hours later gotten this far

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 299K
    gc000.jpg
    643 x 989 - 77K

grrrrrr Carrara keeps replacing all my carefully parented props with cubes in saved scenes!@%$%&***

trying to solve my Black screens issue, dropped a monitor

had 3 gone back to 2

was only using third for Skype anyway and no longer do Skype

it's been very frustrating not being able to use GPU based software without risking a crash that never recovers

grrrrrr Carrara keeps replacing all my carefully parented props with cubes in saved scenes!@%$%&***

Most of the time that that happened to me it was with Carrara hair.  Sucks even more if it is spreading. 

edited August 2019

Most of the time that that happened to me it was with Carrara hair.  Sucks even more if it is spreading. 

All the hairs, weapons and hats, is Poser Runtime stuff on DAZ studio duf figures seems the two don’t mix well

UE4 beginning to frustrate me, time I went back to Carrara

this is awesome 

this is awesome 

Yes, it is.  "That must be wonderful: I don't understand it at all." (Moliere)

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

this is awesome 

I must be living under a rock. I never imagined that commercial gear and software existed that would allow you to do this. (Of course, one also needs actual drawing and painting talent to pull it off.)

Thanks for posting this!

de3an said:

this is awesome 

I must be living under a rock. I never imagined that commercial gear and software existed that would allow you to do this. (Of course, one also needs actual drawing and painting talent to pull it off.)

Thanks for posting this!

It is as far as I know a free program to use with The Oculus rift or Vive

the talent is probably the hardest part

I live within walking distance of the local high school and stadium, so I watched the first scrimmage of the new season yesterday.  A couple of pictures show our guys (in the maroon) watching thier guys (in white) warming up.  Our coach is apparently trying to talk our guys out of quitting.  surprise

Deer Park Players.jpg
    1625 x 2663 - 916K
    Summer Creek Monsters.jpg
    703 x 800 - 279K
    Steve K said:

I live within walking distance of the local high school and stadium, so I watched the first scrimmage of the new season yesterday.  A couple of pictures show our guys (in the maroon) watching thier guys (in white) warming up.  Our coach is apparently trying to talk our guys out of quitting.  surprise

I'm guessing the guy in the gray shorts, black hat and maroon shirt in the second pick is not just some really short guy causing an illusion of bigness for player number 69.  Well at least no one in Texas takes football too serously.  wink

https://usatodayhss.com/2014/11-reasons-texas-is-the-high-school-football-capital-of-the-world

edited August 2019
    Steve K said:

I'm guessing the guy in the gray shorts, black hat and maroon shirt in the second pick is not just some really short guy causing an illusion of bigness for player number 69.  

I'm not sure.  That shot was cropped from a wide angle shot where I could not see the details when I took it.  I was trying to get a bunch of their big guys, but I wasn't paying attention to the coaches.  (You might notice that 45 player is "small" only because he's standing next to 69 ... 45 is probably around 6'3", 250 lb, and in top shape).  Only when I got it on the computer did I notice the coach.  In any case, that 69 guy was huge - notice he has a different colored helmet, I wonder if it was special ordered for his size .... 

The article you link is all true, maybe understated.  It does remind me of a few more pics from the scrimmage (not even a game), including the visiting team's bus fleet:

Deer Park Scoreboard.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 249K
    Football Overview.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 306K
    Football Buses.jpg
    1000 x 160 - 106K
    Post edited by Steve K on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995

don't understand the scoreboard setup... how did the final score end up?

don't understand the scoreboard setup... how did the final score end up?

I don't think they were keeping score.  It was just a scrimmage/practice session, at times with more than one game going on, one on each half of the field.  They just turned on the scoreboard for advertising.

Also, note that the bands and drill teams weren't there, so that would be a couple hundred more people and a lot more buses.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,995

ok.. scrimmage... learn something new every day laugh

This discussion has been closed.