Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,163

The lighting, the set up, the expression ... everything about that image is so lovely @IceDragonArt. Is that the HW Cat? I've been playing arond with the Millenium Cat and wishing Daz would bring out a Cat 8. I would snap it up in an instant!

• @MollyTabby yes it is the Hivewire Cat.  I really like it, it poses well and comes in a grey tabby as well.  Might be more breeds out for now but I haven't actually looked.  And, if you have the Hivewire Big Cat, the materials for those will work on the housecat. and there is a kitten as well...

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

This is Amaryllis one of the new characters available in the last day or two.  So I got this weird idea in my head, like, what would happen if I tried to apply the colorwerks iray hair shaders to these wings? (Morning Star Wings for G3F and G8F)  Well, apparently, they work very well lol.  I changed the wing bones to something different as well, you can just not select them and apply the shaders to just the feathery part. Best viewed full size - Here is a link to the gallery image

This one looks great, looks like someone off camera is about to have a really bad day laugh

• Noswen said:

This is Amaryllis one of the new characters available in the last day or two.  So I got this weird idea in my head, like, what would happen if I tried to apply the colorwerks iray hair shaders to these wings? (Morning Star Wings for G3F and G8F)  Well, apparently, they work very well lol.  I changed the wing bones to something different as well, you can just not select them and apply the shaders to just the feathery part. Best viewed full size - Here is a link to the gallery image

This one looks great, looks like someone off camera is about to have a really bad day laugh

Yes she is feeling very threatened and irate and is unsure if she is going to fly away or take care of the problem permanently

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@MollyTabby yes it is the Hivewire Cat.  I really like it, it poses well and comes in a grey tabby as well.  Might be more breeds out for now but I haven't actually looked.  And, if you have the Hivewire Big Cat, the materials for those will work on the housecat. and there is a kitten as well...

There is also a black/white/tuxedo texture pack, and a calico texture pack. (And if you have the HW Dog, there is new texture pack AND free LAMH presets!)

Love your images, Sonja. This is one of my favorite art threads to lurk in! sad

Thank you @IceDragonArt and @L'Adair for the information, I'm going to try and put some of next month's (or the month after) budget towards getting the HW Cat. It looks so good in the renders I've seen smiley

• CWRWCWRW Posts: 87
    edited September 2018

Forgot to add- the HW Cat/Kitten, HW Big Dog and HW Big Cat/Cub also share all the same UVs so one can mix and match coats between them all.

That is such a lovely picture @CWRW.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

O M G! It's @CRCW! (Totally fan-crushing, atm…) blush

@Mollytabby, CRCW may feel like she can't mention this, but those LAMH presets for the HW Cat are also available free on the HW site. Just add them to the cart when you pickup the HW cat. Then you don't have to try to remember where you saved files you downloaded weeks or months before getting the cat!

• Thank you for the links and info! 

Thank you @CRCW and @L'Adair. I'm off for a meander round the HW site to bookmark what Iike the look of. I've never purchased from anywhere else but Daz so this will be a new experience for me. I have the Daz Big Cats so I can play with those until I can purchase.

@IceDragonArt you've set me off on another track, lol. Your thread is such an inspiration!

• I need to stay out of your thread, it always costs me too much money. lol Fantastic render with the cat, I absolute love the way you posed him., 

That is such a lovely picture @CWRW.

Thanks Mollytabby! (love your username! :)

L'Adair said:

@Mollytabby, CRCW may feel like she can't mention this, but those LAMH presets for the HW Cat are also available free on the HW site. Just add them to the cart when you pickup the HW cat. Then you don't have to try to remember where you saved files you downloaded weeks or months before getting the cat!

LOL!  Thanks! (I am blushing:)  Yes that is correct- one can get the free kitty LAMH presets at HW as well.   (And yes I am very careful what I say in these forums:)

• I need to stay out of your thread, it always costs me too much money. lol Fantastic render with the cat, I absolute love the way you posed him., 

haha sorry!  I don't do it on purpose lol!  And thank you!

Thanks everyone for the links and info.  I think once someone asks its okay to at least talk about it.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2018

I've been wanting to do something related to Scooby Doo ever since I saw the mystery solver outfit for G3F.  I finally did it lol.

Gallery Image Here

THE OLD MINE.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Wow it looks like Thelma is into it up to her neck again, she must be waiting for Scooby to come bail her out :D

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Just had a tour through your thread, all I can say is WOW!  you have some outstanding work, stunning!

• Kharma said:

Just had a tour through your thread, all I can say is WOW!  you have some outstanding work, stunning!

@Kharma  thank you very much!  I have to say, I'm having so much fun!   I am so happy I found this program, the combination of Daz and Photoshop have allowed me to create the art I want to create in a way that traditional art  never could. 

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Thanks for sharing some of the lighting products you use.  They’re on my wishlist now.   Am beginning to understand maybe some of these unbelievable renders I see require add-ons?  Esp. for the skin?  Some of mine look like wax mannequins. Won’t even bother with PS if  they look that bad. : /

But enough about me.  You’ve had  some very august company looks like!  I’m new, but even I’ve heard of a member who usually posts at another place about horse textures. : 0 !  3D really seems to be a small community!

Latest render:  Ha!  Had forgotten about Scooby Doo & had to look up skinny, hippy looking guy who was always eating.  Velma can expect no help from Shaggy unless she happens to have a burger and some fries. wink

• CWRW said:
    L'Adair said:

LOL!  Thanks! (I am blushing:)  Yes that is correct- one can get the free kitty LAMH presets at HW as well.   (And yes I am very careful what I say in these forums:)

@CRCW  I wanted to thank you again for stopping by I am honored!  I thought I said that already but apparently... not lol.  Been one of those weeks.  I love your work! 

• Tynkere said:

Thanks for sharing some of the lighting products you use.  They’re on my wishlist now.   Am beginning to understand maybe some of these unbelievable renders I see require add-ons?  Esp. for the skin?  Some of mine look like wax mannequins. Won’t even bother with PS if  they look that bad. : /

But enough about me.  You’ve had  some very august company looks like!  I’m new, but even I’ve heard of a member who usually posts at another place about horse textures. : 0 !  3D really seems to be a small community!

Latest render:  Ha!  Had forgotten about Scooby Doo & had to look up skinny, hippy looking guy who was always eating.  Velma can expect no help from Shaggy unless she happens to have a burger and some fries. wink

@Tynkere please don't hesitate to ask any questions on my thread, I am always happy to help if I can, and if I can't, I can probably point you in the right direction of who to ask.  As f far as skin, some of them need more help than others and it all depends on what you are going for.  There are a lot really great products out there.  some of the ones I use the most are Divamakeups Altern8 for Genesis 8.  Fantastic product for this generation.  I also use Anagenessis 2 which work on darn near everything although it works best on Genesis 3 and under ( and even though it says Gen3, Gen 2 and Genesis he has a free script to add which works on darn near anything else.  I've used the Genesis one on V4 and the free script on dinosaurs and dragons)  V3digitimes   has some great scripts for the earlier generations as well.

edited September 2018

was just testing to see if something would load

• Sometimes if a render is too big it will not load into the forum!!

CWRW said:
    L'Adair said:

@CRCW  I wanted to thank you again for stopping by I am honored!  I thought I said that already but apparently... not lol.  Been one of those weeks.  I love your work! 

Thanks so much!

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Just wanted to thank for tips on skin helper products.  Altern8 took some tweaking to match skin tones but really seems to bring out the detail!  : )  Will have to save up for the Anagenesis.

best wishes & thanks again  : )

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Love this dress.  This was done for an add on

texture pack.  It drapes beautifully with zero hassle.

This is a great pose and lovely draping.  I really like the complementary colors used here - chartreuse is usually not flattering but it is striking here.  

• Sometimes if a render is too big it will not load into the forum!!

Good to know thank you!

Tynkere said:

Just wanted to thank for tips on skin helper products.  Altern8 took some tweaking to match skin tones but really seems to bring out the detail!  : )  Will have to save up for the Anagenesis.

best wishes & thanks again  : )

Anytime!  Don't hesitate to ask any questions, always happy to help

dracorn said:

Love this dress.  This was done for an add on

texture pack.  It drapes beautifully with zero hassle.

This is a great pose and lovely draping.  I really like the complementary colors used here - chartreuse is usually not flattering but it is striking here.  

Its not a color I use often but it just really made her stand out. I can't take credit for the dress, that's straight out of the box and into the simulation.

edited October 2018

For those who enjoy the men lol.   I won't be around much for the next two weeks, maybe in the evenings and mornings mostly, as we are on vacation. 

BRINGING SEXY BACK.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 998K