[Released] Look At Me Pose Control [Commercial]

Comments

• And straight into my cart it went :D. Can't wait to start playing around with this during the weekend!

Thank you!  Please let us know your impression of the product.

• This is a must have, I love your scripts. 

Could we have a script like this for hand to body/hand contact and foot to floor contact? It would be very helpful

• EquisVoid said:

This is a must have, I love your scripts. 

Could we have a script like this for hand to body/hand contact and foot to floor contact? It would be very helpful

Thank you very much.  I appreciate your support. smiley

I wish we could.  sad  Daz would need to expose their IK system to the scripting language.

• And straight into my cart it went :D. Can't wait to start playing around with this during the weekend!

Thank you!  Please let us know your impression of the product.

For sure! Hopefully, I'll be able to do some renders and share them here!

EquisVoid said:

Oh, that would be awesome! Cannot tell you how many times I had to restart a render because... things were floating :(

•  

EquisVoid said:

Oh, that would be awesome! Cannot tell you how many times I had to restart a render because... things were floating :(

The foot to floor is simple enough with the Align Window Pane, Y axis, Stack Above.  

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited November 2017

I appreciate your work on these scripts.

That had cost me about as much as a tank filling but will certainly bring me further.wink

MyShoppingCart_RiverSoftArt.png
    903 x 571 - 130K
    Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • I apechiate your work on these scripts.

That had cost me about as much as a tank filling but will certainly bring me further.wink

Wow, thank you very much.  Who needs gas?!  If you had gas you might go out and not play with Daz Studio cheeky  I think you will love all of them.  

• RainRain Posts: 335
    edited November 2017

I have Eye Clock, Pose Blender, Pose Randomizer and just added Pose Doctor and Look At Me.  Thank you, makes things a lot easier.

Post edited by Rain on
  • spuffy said:

I have Eye Clock, Pose Blender, Pose Randomizer and just added Pose Doctor and Look At Me.  Thank you, makes things a lot easier.

You're welcome!  Thank you very much for your support.

• Ahhhh It's released!
    Nice product..
    ​I didn't yet purchased it, needs decide with my budget (huhu, always budget is striking me down :D)

​Well "@RiverSoft Art" : Did you plan to.. make tutorials for learning scripting ?
    ​It might be great to learn from you, since DAZ start to put in lights tutorials !!

• I love and hate you. Thanks to my need to immediately leap on this item, I now have ~$20 less in the budget for the inevitable Late December Sale Rush... But it's been worth every penny! I can't tell you how much I've longed for something like this. I picked up the trick to get eyes to look at a camera pretty early on, but when you add head tilt and sliders, it becomes so much more natural and so much quicker that it's like night and day. Thanks a ton!

Have a little trouble in using the product for one character looking at another character's cloth/hand etc.

I do the following steps: 

1) Selecting the node I want to be looked at (hand/hair/necklace etc.)

2) Selecting the figure which should look

3) Calling the script "Look at that"

Live Preview does not do nothing at all. Once I click on Preview, an undo is triggered but no pose of head or eyes.

Any idea what goes wrong?

I had this issue too. It was actually executing an undo action every time I tweaked the script's settings. After reading RiverSoft's reply to you, I tried things and it worked. I'll note this for anyone else who's like me and doesn't like to read instructions. :) You need to have both the character and the object selected when you execute "Look at That". Select the character, then ctrl+click the object, and you should be good to go!

• Atanacius said:

Ahhhh It's released!
    Nice product..
    ​I didn't yet purchased it, needs decide with my budget (huhu, always budget is striking me down :D)

​Well "@RiverSoft Art" : Did you plan to.. make tutorials for learning scripting ?
    ​It might be great to learn from you, since DAZ start to put in lights tutorials !!

Thank you.  I look forward to getting it when you can and letting us know what you think.

No, I don't plan to do tutorials for scripting.  That is not really my cup of tea.

• yinliang9 said:

I love and hate you. Thanks to my need to immediately leap on this item, I now have ~$20 less in the budget for the inevitable Late December Sale Rush... But it's been worth every penny! I can't tell you how much I've longed for something like this. I picked up the trick to get eyes to look at a camera pretty early on, but when you add head tilt and sliders, it becomes so much more natural and so much quicker that it's like night and day. Thanks a ton!

Have a little trouble in using the product for one character looking at another character's cloth/hand etc.

Live Preview does not do nothing at all. Once I click on Preview, an undo is triggered but no pose of head or eyes.

I had this issue too. It was actually executing an undo action every time I tweaked the script's settings. After reading RiverSoft's reply to you, I tried things and it worked. I'll note this for anyone else who's like me and doesn't like to read instructions. :) You need to have both the character and the object selected when you execute "Look at That". Select the character, then ctrl+click the object, and you should be good to go!

What is the object you are looking at?  Look at That looks for a head bone in the item doing the looking.  If you select a cube and then a figure for example, when you try to start the script it should display a message about "Unable to find the head bone". 

Now if the object has a head bone, but it doesn't do anything, you could get the situation you are describing.  Look at That "undoes" what it did every time you move the slider as it wants to start from the same place for the next time it does its work.  If the head bone doesn't do anything, you would be undoing whatever was on the Undo stack from before.

• AtanaciusAtanacius Posts: 333
    edited November 2017
    Atanacius said:

Ahhhh It's released!
    Nice product..

Thank you.  I look forward to getting it when you can and letting us know what you think.

No, I don't plan to do tutorials for scripting.  That is not really my cup of tea.

Yeah I will not wait long for grab a purchase hehehe..
    So after I will purchase and play with it I will evidently come back and give my feedbacks.
    But if it is well-script-crafted as the left of your products.. Then.. The feedback will be positive !

Ok for not making scripting tutorials. Sadly!

Post edited by Atanacius on
  • Not to derail the thread but there are some relatively recent scripting tutorials (with new releases periodically), which should suffice to get an interested person up to speed: https://www.daz3d.com/scripting-made-simple-vol-1-intro-to-daz-scripting

• yinliang9 said:

I love and hate you. Thanks to my need to immediately leap on this item, I now have ~$20 less in the budget for the inevitable Late December Sale Rush... But it's been worth every penny! I can't tell you how much I've longed for something like this. I picked up the trick to get eyes to look at a camera pretty early on, but when you add head tilt and sliders, it becomes so much more natural and so much quicker that it's like night and day. Thanks a ton!

What is the object you are looking at?  Look at That looks for a head bone in the item doing the looking.  If you select a cube and then a figure for example, when you try to start the script it should display a message about "Unable to find the head bone". 

Now if the object has a head bone, but it doesn't do anything, you could get the situation you are describing.  Look at That "undoes" what it did every time you move the slider as it wants to start from the same place for the next time it does its work.  If the head bone doesn't do anything, you would be undoing whatever was on the Undo stack from before.

Yeah, basically the way I had it was... I'd click an object, then click the person to look at the object, which meant I ONLY had that character selected. That's when I was getting the "undo" issue. But thankfully I've figured out what I was doing wrong and it works perfectly now. :) I simply misunderstood what "last selection" meant at first. I'd thought it meant "the last selection before you selected the character".

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

I went round in circles with the 'look at thing' script - I admit i was expecting to see a node list to pick a target from, but ... I hid my Tech Support head and did a quick RTFM and finally figured out that 'last node selected' also meant 'have to have figure AND node selected", then it worked fine.  Well, almost.  Of course, having 2 things selcted means the script no longer appears in Smart Content - cure more cursing! cheeky

When I saw it announced I thought, 'not something I will need' but after a quick peek at some of the functions decided that it coudl be handy, and so it has been - even if I have just used it the once, so far.

• yinliang9 said:
    yinliang9 said:

Yeah, basically the way I had it was... I'd click an object, then click the person to look at the object, which meant I ONLY had that character selected. That's when I was getting the "undo" issue. But thankfully I've figured out what I was doing wrong and it works perfectly now. :) I simply misunderstood what "last selection" meant at first. I'd thought it meant "the last selection before you selected the character".

Ah!  Well that is a bug.  I should at least warn you that you have only selected one thing.  I will fix that.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited November 2017
    SimonJM said:

I went round in circles with the 'look at thing' script - I admit i was expecting to see a node list to pick a target from, but ... I hid my Tech Support head and did a quick RTFM and finally figured out that 'last node selected' also meant 'have to have figure AND node selected", then it worked fine.  Well, almost.  Of course, having 2 things selcted means the script no longer appears in Smart Content - cure more cursing! cheeky

When I saw it announced I thought, 'not something I will need' but after a quick peek at some of the functions decided that it coudl be handy, and so it has been - even if I have just used it the once, so far.

Sorry about that.  Yeah, the Smart Content gets in the way for a lot of my scripts.  I recommend adding them to the Action/Scripts menu.  (Right-Click->Create Custom Action)

BTW, I am glad you are finding it useful.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

So of course the first thing I did was find some stuff that the script doesn't work with. I am wondering if you think I could rename the appropriate bones and it WOULD work, and if so, what the bone names should be.

• So of course the first thing I did was find some stuff that the script doesn't work with. I am wondering if you think I could rename the appropriate bones and it WOULD work, and if so, what the bone names should be.

What is the figure that doesn't work?  Perhaps I have it in my library and I can check it out.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

the new Precious figures.

• the new Precious figures.

Unfortunately, I do not have the Precious figures.  It seems like these are a mix and match body parts figure?  What is the error you get?

Unfortunately, I do not have the Precious figures.  It seems like these are a mix and match body parts figure?  What is the error you get?

Looking a little closer at the products, it looks like the eyes are just a painted-on material?  I would guess you are getting a no-eyes error?  I could disable the no eyes check if that would help.  That would mean the Look At... scripts could only move the head and neck (hopefully there's a head smiley), but not the eyes as the scripts use the property sliders. 

Looking a little closer at the products, it looks like the eyes are just a painted-on material?

No, they're legitimate eyes, huge spheres that take up most of the head so they get the flat disney look.

Looking a little closer at the products, it looks like the eyes are just a painted-on material?

No, they're legitimate eyes, huge spheres that take up most of the head so they get the flat disney look.

Huh, so what is the error that is occurring?  

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited November 2017

EquisVoid said:

The foot to floor is simple enough with the Align Window Pane, Y axis, Stack Above.  

Awesome, thanks! I just saved this trick for reference :D

Update: and apologies for interrupting the flow of the conversation. Just went through it all and noticed my out of place comment haha.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

It says "Unable to find eyes."

This is the bone structure:

The "eye areas" do not need to move, I don't know what they're for. Only the main eyes have rotation parameters usable.

precious.png
    456 x 526 - 33K

The "eye areas" do not need to move, I don't know what they're for. Only the main eyes have rotation parameters usable.

The script looks for eye names, not labels.  Can you open Window->Panes->Script IDE and paste and execute this code (while Precious top node is selected):

function PrintNodes( indent, b ) {
      if (b.inherits("DzBone"))
        print (indent, b.name, b.getSkeleton().assetId);
      else
        print (indent, b.name, b.assetId);
      for( var i = 0; i < b.getNumNodeChildren(); i++ ){
        PrintNodes(indent + "  ", b.getNodeChild(i));
      }
    }
    // print all bones
    var s = Scene.getSelectedNodeList();
    for (var i = 0; i < s.length; i++)
      PrintNodes( "", s[i] );

Please post the output.  Thanks.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 2017

the new Precious figures.

The script looks for eye names, not labels.  Can you open Window->Panes->Script IDE and paste and execute this code (while Precious top node is selected):

function PrintNodes( indent, b ) {
      if (b.inherits("DzBone"))
        print (indent, b.name, b.getSkeleton().assetId);
      else
        print (indent, b.name, b.assetId);
      for( var i = 0; i < b.getNumNodeChildren(); i++ ){
        PrintNodes(indent + "  ", b.getNodeChild(i));
      }
    }
    // print all bones
    var s = Scene.getSelectedNodeList();
    for (var i = 0; i < s.length; i++)