[Released] Look At Me Pose Control [Commercial]

Comments

• Does it prevent the white eyeball effect when the character looks at another character but Daz thinks the person is out of view and the eyes sort of roll up in the head?

I think this is only a problem with Point At; the script should be posing using dials and not run into this (which will save my life; I get this issue all the time).

Exactly.  I have never seen the white eyeball effect, though the scripts may make the character look shift-eyed and squinty smiley

• Ati said:

Patience, patience... smiley

What's that? laugh

It is something people have when they really don't want something... cheeky

• MoreTN said:

This looks incredibly useful. I really want this.

I think you will love it.  I can't wait until people have it!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

You make the most amazing scripts. Thank you.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

A very useful timesaver. Looking forward to when "soon" gets here...

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    Half Life said:

Can we make the figure look at a null?

You can make the figure look at any node in the scene.  I just tested it and using "Look at That" script, you can make a figure look at a null.

Just for clarity's sake, "any node" means, for example, any bone in the dragon's tail, yes? Or the pinky toe instead of the "toes" ? If it's selectable in Scene tab, then it can be a "look at" target?

I think that's what node means, but...

The torso turn feature would be a mind-boggling addition.

I vote yea for the banner, too.

• You make the most amazing scripts. Thank you.

You are quite welcome!  Thank you for the kind comment smiley

• nowefg said:

A very useful timesaver. Looking forward to when "soon" gets here.

Thanks.  I cannot wait.

• nowefg said:
    Half Life said:

Can we make the figure look at a null?

You can make the figure look at any node in the scene.  I just tested it and using "Look at That" script, you can make a figure look at a null.

Just for clarity's sake, "any node" means, for example, any bone in the dragon's tail, yes? Or the pinky toe instead of the "toes" ? If it's selectable in Scene tab, then it can be a "look at" target?

I think that's what node means, but...

The torso turn feature would be a mind-boggling addition.

I vote yea for the banner, too.

Yes, anything you can select in the scene pane.

• Atanacius said:
    This seems great. Hope it will not be expensive. Past sales was ... Outstanding lol.

Thanks.  I hope you will like it.

I make suggestions on price, but Daz is the final arbiter.  It is an extremely good value though.  Unlike a lot of other products, this one works with almost every character and figure generation, male or female.  You don't have to buy the Look At Me Pose Control for Genesis 2 Female(s), the Look At Me Pose Control for Genesis 2 Male(s), Look At Me Pose Control for Genesis 3 Female(s), etc.  It would be easy to sell it that way and definitely better for my finances, with each Figure type being less money upfront but the whole being much more expensive in the long run, but I don't feel that is fair to my customers.  With scripting products, if I am careful, think ahead, and do some more work upfront, I can make something that works for multiple figure generations. This does mean that any revenue I get is just the one time (unless Daz really changes the figures in the future), and I have to work harder to make a living though.

No No, no issue here, I perhaps mispelling my toughts :)

So, for clarify!

I like your products, with your PA friend artist SF-Design.
    ​I perfectly understand that is not tied to any of figures but, can work with ANY figures :)
    ​(just like how SimTenero works) !

​Then I would add that it's not the price that affraid me, if it is the same range of Sim Tenero, it's ok for me.
    ​But over on this range, it will hard to purchase as soon as released due to previous sale (PA artists/PC+ anniversary/Black Friday wrapped with Thanksgiving free offers/Cyber Monday wrapped with Thanksgiving offers and... real life bills (LOL!)
    (but don't think I will not purchase this amazing product, it just be a mooore later purchase ^_^)

PS: SimTenero randomizer is ... outstanding as hell, it's my fav over all my creative days :D
    ​I know SimTenero randomizer is not your product, but I want add that I considere your product (coming soon) as a powerful ability like SimTenero randomizer is, and this even if I clearly know that your Look At Me Pose Control product is totally different things (another purpose) of the previous spoken product :)

• Wow, this will be amazing and very useful. I have found posing and eye movement to be quite a 'science' in itself to look convincing, so this for me will be an instant buy regardless of offers or price considerations. 

Now waiting in anticipation.

smiley

• Atanacius said:
    Atanacius said:
    This seems great. Hope it will not be expensive. Past sales was ... Outstanding lol.

Thanks.  I hope you will like it.

I make suggestions on price, but Daz is the final arbiter.  It is an extremely good value though.  Unlike a lot of other products, this one works with almost every character and figure generation, male or female.  You don't have to buy the Look At Me Pose Control for Genesis 2 Female(s), the Look At Me Pose Control for Genesis 2 Male(s), Look At Me Pose Control for Genesis 3 Female(s), etc.  It would be easy to sell it that way and definitely better for my finances, with each Figure type being less money upfront but the whole being much more expensive in the long run, but I don't feel that is fair to my customers.  With scripting products, if I am careful, think ahead, and do some more work upfront, I can make something that works for multiple figure generations. This does mean that any revenue I get is just the one time (unless Daz really changes the figures in the future), and I have to work harder to make a living though.

No No, no issue here, I perhaps mispelling my toughts :)

So, for clarify!

I like your products, with your PA friend artist SF-Design.
    ​I perfectly understand that is not tied to any of figures but, can work with ANY figures :)
    ​(just like how SimTenero works) !

​Then I would add that it's not the price that affraid me, if it is the same range of Sim Tenero, it's ok for me.
    ​But over on this range, it will hard to purchase as soon as released due to previous sale (PA artists/PC+ anniversary/Black Friday wrapped with Thanksgiving free offers/Cyber Monday wrapped with Thanksgiving offers and... real life bills (LOL!)
    (but don't think I will not purchase this amazing product, it just be a mooore later purchase ^_^)

PS: SimTenero randomizer is ... outstanding as hell, it's my fav over all my creative days :D
    ​I know SimTenero randomizer is not your product, but I want add that I considere your product (coming soon) as a powerful ability like SimTenero randomizer is, and this even if I clearly know that your Look At Me Pose Control product is totally different things (another purpose) of the previous spoken product :)

Ah, thank you for clearing that up.  

• Wow, this will be amazing and very useful. I have found posing and eye movement to be quite a 'science' in itself to look convincing, so this for me will be an instant buy regardless of offers or price considerations. 

Now waiting in anticipation.

smiley

Thank you very much!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

OK, I'm checking this thread everyday to see if you've hinted at when it will be released. And since I'm here (again) I wanted to say that I never did pick up eye-clock because I always hand-adjust eyes and don't find it too tedius (but I never, ever use 'point at'), and I've found that just making sure the eyes look good can do so much. I'm not a fan of arbitrarily applying little smiles to liven up a face and one thing I loved about the promos is that JUST by adjusting their eyes (and related head/neck movements), so MUCH emotion and expression is conveyed-- that one promo where the two ladies are looking at each other, each and every example carries a different potentiality... and I love that. So I'me excited to see this spread all over the userbase because I think it will really raise the emotional content of the general gallery.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

OK, I'm checking this thread everyday to see if you've hinted at when it will be released. And since I'm here (again) I wanted to say that I never did pick up eye-clock because I always hand-adjust eyes and don't find it too tedius (but I never, ever use 'point at'), and I've found that just making sure the eyes look good can do so much. I'm not a fan of arbitrarily applying little smiles to liven up a face and one thing I loved about the promos is that JUST by adjusting their eyes (and related head/neck movements), so MUCH emotion and expression is conveyed-- that one promo where the two ladies are looking at each other, each and every example carries a different potentiality... and I love that. So I'me excited to see this spread all over the userbase because I think it will really raise the emotional content of the general gallery.

I totally agree with this. This will go quite a ways in being able to get a more realistic render.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited November 2017

Thank you.  I completely agree with you.  The eyes are what make a scene.  For awhile now, I have had an unfair advantage making my promos because of these scripts! smiley

EDIT: I agree with you both! smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Yay, it's out!  I've snagged it and can't wait to try it out!  Thank you for creating what is sure to be high on the "most useful" product list.

• Are you doing any promotional banners for those that have the Clock release?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited November 2017
    avxp said:

Are you doing any promotional banners for those that have the Clock release?

I never heard back from Daz.  I think I sent them an email too late.  Sorry.  With the stacking available today, you can really get it a lot off. 

(Also, because they are already running the Darius 8 banner for some people, they probably wouldn't have anyway)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Yay, it's out!  I've snagged it and can't wait to try it out!  Thank you for creating what is sure to be high on the "most useful" product list.

You are welcome!  Please report back when you have played with it!  smiley

• nowefg said:

A very useful timesaver. Looking forward to when "soon" gets here...

How soon is now?!  Look At Me Pose Control has been released!  

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

... and purchased!

Just in time to fix the issue with 30 Characters in a scene looking at their Prof. That is, if the system doesn't explode from memory overload first....

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Yeessssssssssssss! :)

Great news!

In the cart it's sitting already, waiting for a decision on what else to get today.

• BeeMKay said:

... and purchased!

Just in time to fix the issue with 30 Characters in a scene looking at their Prof. That is, if the system doesn't explode from memory overload first....

Yikes!  What kind of system do you have that can handle that?!   

Thank you for the order!  It will make your life a lot easier.

• Ati said:

Yeessssssssssssss! :)

Great news!

In the cart it's sitting already, waiting for a decision on what else to get today.

smiley  I am have been dying to let people know that it was probably coming out today.  Enjoy!

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited November 2017
    BeeMKay said:

... and purchased!

32GB RAM and 6GB 980Ti, but I am using a little trick. I first put together groups of people, clothe them, give them hair, and then save the group for later closeups. Then I resave the group under a different file name, run Scene Optimizer on it (https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer), which gets ten people down to around 700mb usage of resources. I then save them out as Scene Subset, and insert them into the main scene.

Here's a test render with 20 people in the scene, VRAM use at roughly 60%:

I'll make a before-after render one I've seated down everyone, to show the result of the use of Look at me. smiley

Image_00001_Test_002.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

... and purchased!

32GB RAM and 6GB 980Ti, but I am using a little trick. I first put together groups of people, clothe them, give them hair, and then save the group for later closeups. Then I resave the group under a different file name, run Scene Optimizer on it (https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer), which gets ten people down to around 700mb usage of resources. I then save them out as Scene Subset, and insert them into the main scene.

Here's a test render with 20 people in the scene, VRAM use at roughly 60%:

I'll make a before-after render one I've seated down everyone, to show the result of the use of Look at me. smiley

Wow, that is nicely done.

• Have a little trouble in using the product for one character looking at another character's cloth/hand etc.

I do the following steps: 

1) Selecting the node I want to be looked at (hand/hair/necklace etc.)

2) Selecting the figure which should look

3) Calling the script "Look at that"

Live Preview does not do nothing at all. Once I click on Preview, an undo is triggered but no pose of head or eyes.

Any idea what goes wrong?

• Have a little trouble in using the product for one character looking at another character's cloth/hand etc.

I do the following steps: 

1) Selecting the node I want to be looked at (hand/hair/necklace etc.)

2) Selecting the figure which should look

3) Calling the script "Look at that"

Live Preview does not do nothing at all. Once I click on Preview, an undo is triggered but no pose of head or eyes.

Any idea what goes wrong?

You are doing things in the wrong order.  "The Look at That script works to move eyes, head, and upper neck of the selected character(s) at the last node selected."  Select the figure, then what you want to look at, and then call script.

• And straight into my cart it went :D. Can't wait to start playing around with this during the weekend!