[Released] Look At Me Pose Control [Commercial]

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,578
    Ruphuss said:

did not read all postings here

works this script animateable on the timeline so a figure is following another figure with the pose ?

These scripts are not "active" so to speak.  They do not execute when things change; they only execute when you execute it.  So you could execute the script for your frame 0 and then for your frame 30 and animate between that.  But the eyes will not actually be following the figure.

Hooking the frame change signal to execute the script silently using the parameters set for each figure would be a fantastic feature for sure!

- Greg

That is an interesting idea.  I did not know about the frame change event.  I will have to research it.  Thanks!

Sorry my memory is garbage - it's this (but same idea):

void  timeChanged (DzTime time)

Signature: "timeChanged(DzTime)" 

Thanks for the reference.  There is still a lot I don't know about Daz.  

It would be a really great addition to your script! Attached are 2 simple scripts to illustrate. Just put them in the same directory, and then run "start-monitoring.dsa". Once you do so, whenever you change the current frame, "script-to-execute.dsa" will run. Hope this helps save you some time!

- Greg

dsa
    dsa
    start-monitoring.dsa
    309B
    dsa
    dsa
    script-to-execute.dsa
    58B
  • Ruphuss said:

did not read all postings here

works this script animateable on the timeline so a figure is following another figure with the pose ?

These scripts are not "active" so to speak.  They do not execute when things change; they only execute when you execute it.  So you could execute the script for your frame 0 and then for your frame 30 and animate between that.  But the eyes will not actually be following the figure.

Hooking the frame change signal to execute the script silently using the parameters set for each figure would be a fantastic feature for sure!

- Greg

That is an interesting idea.  I did not know about the frame change event.  I will have to research it.  Thanks!

Sorry my memory is garbage - it's this (but same idea):

void  timeChanged (DzTime time)

Signature: "timeChanged(DzTime)" 

Thanks for the reference.  There is still a lot I don't know about Daz.  

It would be a really great addition to your script! Attached are 2 simple scripts to illustrate. Just put them in the same directory, and then run "start-monitoring.dsa". Once you do so, whenever you change the current frame, "script-to-execute.dsa" will run. Hope this helps save you some time!

- Greg

Thanks for the scripts.  I will look at them. 

• Haven't had a chance to post rave review of this script. It's awesome and I use it for every render.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it to work with the new Sakura 8 character.  The head moves just fine but the eyes are another story.  I see that this character has a strange way of doing the anime eye set. Have you had a thought about making your products work with Sakura 8?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
    edited December 2017

One thing I wonder is why it doesn't show up under Scripts in smart content.

I always have to search (almost typed look) under "Look" to find it.

Matter of fact, none of your products do...

Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  • Haven't had a chance to post rave review of this script. It's awesome and I use it for every render.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it to work with the new Sakura 8 character.  The head moves just fine but the eyes are another story.  I see that this character has a strange way of doing the anime eye set. Have you had a thought about making your products work with Sakura 8?

Thank you for the rave review!  The Look at Me scripts adjust the Side-Side and Up-Down controls for the eyes.  It *does* do that with Sakura (at least with the Dec 10 update), but that is not enough for Sakura's eyes I guess.  Sorry.

• avxp said:

One thing I wonder is why it doesn't show up under Scripts in smart content.

I always have to search (almost typed look) under "Look" to find it.

Matter of fact, none of your products do...

I think Smart Content struggles when something cannot be tied to a specific figure generation or a thing like that.  I usually add the scripts as a custom action so they are always available.

• This is a lot to do.....

Creating a Custom Action

Any DAZ Studio script can be used to create a custom action to allow you to automate tasks and place them in the toolbars. For example, if you use Victoria 4.2 a lot, you can create a custom action that will allow you to click on a button to load her into the scene without having to search for her.

To create and use a custom action:

1. Locate the item you want to make an action for. This can be a figure, material file, pose file, etc., as long as it is in the DAZ Studio script file format.

2. Right-click on the thumbnail and choose Create Custom Action from the menu. You will not get any messages indicating that the action has been created.

ct_customaction01.jpg

If you choose the same menu item again, you will get two error messages, one that indicates the file already has a custom action and the second that indicates the action already exists as a menu entry in the Customize dialog.

ct_customaction02.jpg ct_customaction03.jpg

3. Choose Edit > Customize from the menu to open the Customize DAZ Studio dialog.

4. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the Custom label and the custom action just created will be listed.

5. Right-click on the action and choose Edit Custom Action from the menu.

ct_customaction04.jpg

6. The Edit Custom Action dialog will come up. The Menu Text will show the same file name as the thumbnail and along with a generic Description.

ct_customaction05.jpg

If needed, edit the Menu Text and Description.

ct_customaction06.jpg

7. Click on Accept to accept the changes to the action or on Cancel to abort the operation.

8. Right-click on the action again and choose Change Icon from the menu.

ct_customaction11.jpg

9. A default load dialog will come up. Locate the JPEG or PNG file to use as the icon and click on Open. This can be an image you create or the same graphic used for the thumbnail in the Content tab.

ct_customaction12.jpg

10. In the Activities tab in the right hand pane, select which toolbar to add the action to, for example to the Load, Pose / Animate, or Render tab.

11. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the selected toolbar and then on the one next to the Actions label.

12. Select the action in the left hand pane and drag it to where you want it to be on the toolbar.

ct_customaction07.jpg

Result:

ct_customaction08.jpg

13. Click on Accept to accept the changes or on Cancel to abort the operation.

14. Activate the toolbar where you added the action and there will be a small icon with the image you selected as the graphic in the location you placed it. If you did not add an graphic icon, the space will be blank. Hover over the icon and the Menu Text and Description you entered will be visible. 

ct_customaction09.jpg

15. Click on the button and the figure will load into the scene. If the action was a preset that applies a material, pose, etc., make sure the figure is loaded and selected.

ct_customaction10.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

All for Daz NOT listing an item in its category...

I might exepriment with this.

Better would be a Smart Content Category that I controlled like "Favorites" or "Recent" or even  "User"  that I could add products to...

• avxp said:

This is a lot to do.....

Creating a Custom Action

Any DAZ Studio script can be used to create a custom action to allow you to automate tasks and place them in the toolbars. For example, if you use Victoria 4.2 a lot, you can create a custom action that will allow you to click on a button to load her into the scene without having to search for her.

To create and use a custom action:

1. Locate the item you want to make an action for. This can be a figure, material file, pose file, etc., as long as it is in the DAZ Studio script file format.

2. Right-click on the thumbnail and choose Create Custom Action from the menu. You will not get any messages indicating that the action has been created.

ct_customaction01.jpg

If you choose the same menu item again, you will get two error messages, one that indicates the file already has a custom action and the second that indicates the action already exists as a menu entry in the Customize dialog.

ct_customaction02.jpg ct_customaction03.jpg

3. Choose Edit > Customize from the menu to open the Customize DAZ Studio dialog.

4. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the Custom label and the custom action just created will be listed.

5. Right-click on the action and choose Edit Custom Action from the menu.

ct_customaction04.jpg

6. The Edit Custom Action dialog will come up. The Menu Text will show the same file name as the thumbnail and along with a generic Description.

ct_customaction05.jpg

If needed, edit the Menu Text and Description.

ct_customaction06.jpg

7. Click on Accept to accept the changes to the action or on Cancel to abort the operation.

8. Right-click on the action again and choose Change Icon from the menu.

ct_customaction11.jpg

9. A default load dialog will come up. Locate the JPEG or PNG file to use as the icon and click on Open. This can be an image you create or the same graphic used for the thumbnail in the Content tab.

ct_customaction12.jpg

10. In the Activities tab in the right hand pane, select which toolbar to add the action to, for example to the Load, Pose / Animate, or Render tab.

11. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the selected toolbar and then on the one next to the Actions label.

12. Select the action in the left hand pane and drag it to where you want it to be on the toolbar.

ct_customaction07.jpg

Result:

ct_customaction08.jpg

13. Click on Accept to accept the changes or on Cancel to abort the operation.

14. Activate the toolbar where you added the action and there will be a small icon with the image you selected as the graphic in the location you placed it. If you did not add an graphic icon, the space will be blank. Hover over the icon and the Menu Text and Description you entered will be visible. 

ct_customaction09.jpg

15. Click on the button and the figure will load into the scene. If the action was a preset that applies a material, pose, etc., make sure the figure is loaded and selected.

ct_customaction10.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

All for Daz NOT listing an item in its category...

I might exepriment with this.

Better would be a Smart Content Category that I controlled like "Favorites" or "Recent" or even  "User"  that I could add products to...

Just find the script in the Content Library Pane and Right Click.  The second to last option is "Create Custom Action".  It creates an action under the Scripts menu.  Done!  smiley

Thank you for the rave review!  The Look at Me scripts adjust the Side-Side and Up-Down controls for the eyes.  It *does* do that with Sakura (at least with the Dec 10 update), but that is not enough for Sakura's eyes I guess.  Sorry.

Don't be sorry, I actually did see some slight eye movement so maybe it just needs tweeking of the settings.

• Better late than never, I want to say again, I LOVE this product! Thank you so much for making this one @RiverSoft Art! I've used it in every render since I've got it, but I'm leaving this render here since this one shows the marvel of two people looking at each other (with the click of a button, I might add! A script of magic!):

• Better late than never, I want to say again, I LOVE this product! Thank you so much for making this one @RiverSoft Art! I've used it in every render since I've got it, but I'm leaving this render here since this one shows the marvel of two people looking at each other (with the click of a button, I might add! A script of magic!):

Thank you very much and that is an absolutely beautiful image!  

Happy New Year!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

It took a while to figure that out.

The 'scripts' ended up in the TOP MENU for....scripts....

That is an awesome tip.

Now, I have ALL your scripts in one handy place.

And I got some that I didn't even remember having.

Those Randomizers....good lord.

Thank you!

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

I just have to say that I love this script it made my scene creating so much more fun, great work on this product. 

Small question: when holding the mouse over the sliders for head/neck movment  it says  "do not touch", is there a reason for that as I found those quite handy to fine tune the poses?

• avxp said:

It took a while to figure that out.

The 'scripts' ended up in the TOP MENU for....scripts....

That is an awesome tip.

Now, I have ALL your scripts in one handy place.

And I got some that I didn't even remember having.

Those Randomizers....good lord.

Thank you!

You're welcome!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    edited January 2018
    mats76 said:

I just have to say that I love this script it made my scene creating so much more fun, great work on this product. 

Small question: when holding the mouse over the sliders for head/neck movment  it says  "do not touch", is there a reason for that as I found those quite handy to fine tune the poses?

You're welcome!  These scripts allow me to concentrate on the story I want to convey with figure's eyes... instead of fiddling with sliders forever.

The "do not touch" in the sliders doesn't mean do not touch the sliders; it means if you set the slider to 0%, the script will not touch that bone on the figure and move it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I just wanted to share this here. Look At Me I think MAKES this picture work... and that dog isn't even  a standard Daz model.

Hivewire Domestics 1@0,75x.jpg
    1125 x 1125 - 792K
  • I just wanted to share this here. Look At Me I think MAKES this picture work... and that dog isn't even  a standard Daz model.

LOL!  laugh  That expression on the dog is priceless and long suffering!  I am happy it worked.  Thank you for sharing.  

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I use this every single day.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

I just wanted to share this here. Look At Me I think MAKES this picture work... and that dog isn't even  a standard Daz model.

NIce pair or animals! The cat fur looks wonderful. Is that the Saiyaness LAMH preset?  I think the "fur" on the dog looks very nice, too, except for the tail. Did something cause it to inflate?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,442

I'm just gonna throw in my two cents... these scripts have become essential to my workflow.  Great job and thanks.

• I use this every single day.

I'm just gonna throw in my two cents... these scripts have become essential to my workflow.  Great job and thanks.

You are both very welcome!  I have always loved and used these scripts, and I am really happy others are enjoying them.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    barbult said:

NIce pair or animals! The cat fur looks wonderful. Is that the Saiyaness LAMH preset?  I think the "fur" on the dog looks very nice, too, except for the tail. Did something cause it to inflate?

Yep on the kitty hair as Saiyaness preset. The fur on the dog is just the default texture (well, the yellow lab version) -- I wanted a bushy tail originally and there's a morph that inflates the tail to simulate that, which will PROBABLY look great once a LAMH preset for the dog is released... but yeah, looks chubby now.

• Yep. "Look At Me" is the tool I use almost every time I work with a scene. One of the best purchases ever. Don't know whether it might be ever possible, but I would definitely not mind products like

- Point at Me/this.
    - Grab this.
    - Stand on that.

Etc.

• Yep. "Look At Me" is the tool I use almost every time I work with a scene. One of the best purchases ever. Don't know whether it might be ever possible, but I would definitely not mind products like

- Point at Me/this.
    - Grab this.
    - Stand on that.

Etc.

Thank you very much.

Good ideas.  I have already thought of the Point/Grab.  The biggest problem is that Daz does not expose their IK system (inverse kinematics, how when you drag the hand the arm and shoulder get positioned).  You can use the Align Pane for the Stand on that, though it is obviously not perfect.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

I've been using the script a lot lately for my comic posing, and one thing I notice is that if you have a character that is in a group, the "look at each other" or "look into eyes" soesn't work properly for some reason. It starts looking at a slightly different point than what would be expected. When you unparent the character from the group, everything works as it should. I'm going to document this when I have the time and post it when I find the time.

BeeMKay said:

I've been using the script a lot lately for my comic posing, and one thing I notice is that if you have a character that is in a group, the "look at each other" or "look into eyes" soesn't work properly for some reason. It starts looking at a slightly different point than what would be expected. When you unparent the character from the group, everything works as it should. I'm going to document this when I have the time and post it when I find the time.

Huh, I will look into that.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Very cool script, loved the original version and this is certainly a fantastic addition to my toolbox ;)

Allegra said:

Very cool script, loved the original version and this is certainly a fantastic addition to my toolbox ;)

I am so glad you like it!  smiley

BTW, there should be an update in DIM since yesterday.  The update changes the configuration of the Look At Each Other dialog to put the options side by side (instead of vertically on top of each other).  This is friendlier to people with smaller screens.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

BTW, there should be an update in DIM since yesterday.  The update changes the configuration of the Look At Each Other dialog to put the options side by side (instead of vertically on top of each other).  This is friendlier to people with smaller screens.

Thank you for updating that. I am a small-screener, and the updated dialog makes a huge difference. Very helpful!