Modeling Objects in Carrara - Q&A - Come One and All

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823

@diomede how is the Sabre tooth coming along? 

It’s looking great 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited May 2018

@Stezza - thanks for the interest.  The weightpainting still needs work. Some of the issues are obvious in a typical cat pose like sitting on haunches and raising one paw to play with a toy.  Unfortunately, I am busy with non-3D stuff for a few more days so haven't devoted the time to fix the joint bends.  Can't wait until Thursday when I should have more time for important things like this toon tiger.

See the atached.

zz01 posed sabre tooth.JPG
    1846 x 1024 - 185K
    zz02 part 2.JPG
    1870 x 1002 - 189K
    Post edited by Diomede on

weight painting..........

I'm crying now!.... cool

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • mach25mach25 Posts: 256

Hi,many nice 3d objects in this thread

havent done much modelling in carrara, except tried it once and offcourse architools plugin

question:isnt it easier to make an animation when the model is made inside carrara, rather imported it from for example hexagon?

so first you make the 3dmodel and set keyframe at first frame,second you go to frame x and deform your 3dmodel and set new keyframe

M

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,935
    mach25 said:

Hi,many nice 3d objects in this thread

havent done much modelling in carrara, except tried it once and offcourse architools plugin

question:isnt it easier to make an animation when the model is made inside carrara, rather imported it from for example hexagon?

so first you make the 3dmodel and set keyframe at first frame,second you go to frame x and deform your 3dmodel and set new keyframe

M

it does not matter where the model comes from but to keyframe vertex changes you need to create morph targets in the vertex room or alternatively rig it

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,935

http://www.versluis.com/2014/10/creating-morph-targets-in-carrara/

a tute I found googling that explains it better than I can

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    th3Digit said:

http://www.versluis.com/2014/10/creating-morph-targets-in-carrara/

a tute I found googling that explains it better than I can

thanks

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,929

wow, this thread is tucked away up with the stickies so I always forget it's here  nice sabre tiger diomede, nice ball Selina :0 and gif!

weight painting in Carrara .... is it as hard as it looks?

Carrara on youtube.  Here is a link to a modeling tutorial that I was unfamiliar with.  Lance Brown models a car using reference guides.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited May 2019

I am a subscriber of Lance Brown on youtube since 2017. He has very useful tutorials. The only issue is that his videos are too long and hard to follow along.

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Keep in mind that most modelling tutorials will show you a general approach that can be used in Carrara (or most other modelling programs). Most modelling uses a fairly narrow range of tools (there are always exceptions of course) and there is usually a tool in Carrara that will do the job, even if it is called something different.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

seems like no interest in an unflateable 3d HD twinky

devil dogs more popular mebbe

Vyusur said:

I am a subscriber of Lance Brown on youtube since 2017. He has very useful tutorials. The only issue is that his videos are too long and hard to follow along.

found a lance brown doing cinema 4d  another lance brown basketball player smiley

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited June 2019

Working on a model of my old schoolbus.

When we had to ride in this, it was already old. But we kids didn't always behave, so they wouldn't trust us in the new busses..

There isn't anyone left, as I know of, here in my part of the country, so I am working on old memories (that might have been clouded after 30-40 year) and photos from google search...

Still have the interior and the details of the rear to do....

Doc1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 172K
    Post edited by Varsel on

That model looks fantastic, Varsel.  Have to admit that I don't know what schoolbuses actually looked like where you grew up.  Exterior looks fantastic.  Cant wait to see the interior.

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

That model looks fantastic, Varsel.  Have to admit that I don't know what school buses actually looked like where you grew up.  Exterior looks fantastic.  Cant wait to see the interior.

Well, there isn't and has never been any special standard for school buses here in Norway.

In the "old" days they often used the old buses that couldn't be used for paying customers. After we the kids where done with them, they were often very colourful and with some interesting messages written on the seats and walls....

Kids today, they get spoiled...wink Only new material for them...  They even demand seatbelts.

Mystarra said:
    Vyusur said:

found a lance brown doing cinema 4d  another lance brown basketball player smiley

found Lance

figure in demo is kinda Barbyish plus plus

Varsel said:

Working on a model of my old schoolbus.

When we had to ride in this, it was already old. But we kids didn't always behave, so they wouldn't trust us in the new busses..

There isn't anyone left, as I know of, here in my part of the country, so I am working on old memories (that might have been clouded after 30-40 year) and photos from google search...

Still have the interior and the details of the rear to do....

just spotted these posts.. 

what an awesome bus... I'm also wanting to do my old school bus but I'm finding it very hard to find any images of it.. the last bus driver of my era at school ( the owner of the bus ) passed away last week .. he must of been about or close to 100 years old.

Do you isually start with the floor?

the walls?

or the roof?

There's no drop to floor, right? 

i took the height and divided by 2 to get it on the floor, to send to origin i manually typed in 0,0,0

or i should be sending it to the working wall?

not sure my workflow making it more complex than should be  dohh

it won't let me bring 2 instances of vertex obj into the model room.  tried copying both from the assembly room, the paste option is greyed out in the wrench room ?

trying to bridge 2 pieces of a wall.

2 objs to bridge.JPG
    809 x 535 - 77K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    Mystarra said:

it won't let me bring 2 instances of vertex obj into the model room.  tried copying both from the assembly room, the paste option is greyed out in the wrench room ?

You won't be able to copy an object from the Assemble room and paste it into the Model room. You need to first copy the object while in the Model room, then switch to the second model in its Model room, then paste. Once both objects are in the same Model room you can delete the original object that you copied.

de3an said:
    Mystarra said:

You won't be able to copy an object from the Assemble room and paste it into the Model room. You need to first copy the object while in the Model room, then switch to the second model in its Model room, then paste. Once both objects are in the same Model room you can delete the original object that you copied.

logical.  lol  Thanks smiley

how do you marquee select a bunch of edges or pollies without moving them?

is there a hot key?

Thanks.

You mean that you want to select multiples?

Hold shift key and keep clicking what you want.  Or, use the paint brush select tool and click and drag across what you want.

Diomede said:

You mean that you want to select multiples?

Hold shift key and keep clicking what you want.  Or, use the paint brush select tool and click and drag across what you want.

i know holding the r key will activate the rotate wires.

is there a key to hold for the marquee select tool?

thanks.

Other than clicking on the rectangle above the lasso in the menu on the left side of the interface, I don't know of a keyboard shortcut for the marquee selection tool in the vertex modeler.  Here is the list of vertex modeler selection tools with keyboard hot keys in the default preferences.

selection keystroke shortcuts.jpg
    596 x 556 - 72K

tested half the letters, lol 

sometimes untriangulate doesn't work.  whats up wit dat?