TangoAlpha's Coming Soon: End of the Track [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Hehe I'd love to see a line of zombies queueing for the security scanners. That would be so ironic!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Lol I totally agree! 

City Hall is now open for business of all kinds: https://www.daz3d.com/city-hall

• City Hall is now open for business of all kinds: https://www.daz3d.com/city-hall

Plain brown envelope prop included or not?

We highly recommend the bank next door, which can supply unmarked non-sequential bills in any denomination, packaged to your specifications. Assuming it wasn't just robbed. Got a Greek-sounding name . . . wink

Here's a couple of 360 degree renders:

http://www.2vr.in/V-U9V and http://www.2vr.in/V-U9W

(the forum doesn't have a built-in 360 viewer, so please follow the links)

edited March 2017

And some NPR renders posted in the Carrara forum:

(credit: Andrew Finnie, aka Head Wax)

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488

Oh lament that the Crimelab Bundle is not back on sale! It's been tough staring at it. Waiting......

Great looking set and being a former professional embalmer, I keep imagining recreating a scene from my days in the morgue. 

On the other hand, I am really digging City Hall! A very awesome and complete set if I've ever seen one!

Thanks, it's loosly based on the old Oxford mortuary, before it got relocated to the John Radcliffe. At least the building is. I took some liberties with the interior, and since there are no photographs to contradict... The modern hospital is just another anonymous tower block. It's still "new", so sadly it doesn't get discounted yet. But by the time my next set comes out (hopefully I'll be submitting it next week), it should be on the discount list/

City Hall was just a bunch of fun to make. There's 5 floors (6 if you count the basement, although that's really just stairs leading down to a door). 25 cameras and there are still hidden nooks & crannies left to find!

Thanks, it's loosly based on the old Oxford mortuary, before it got relocated to the John Radcliffe. At least the building is. I took some liberties with the interior, and since there are no photographs to contradict... The modern hospital is just another anonymous tower block. It's still "new", so sadly it doesn't get discounted yet. But by the time my next set comes out (hopefully I'll be submitting it next week), it should be on the discount list/

City Hall was just a bunch of fun to make. There's 5 floors (6 if you count the basement, although that's really just stairs leading down to a door). 25 cameras and there are still hidden nooks & crannies left to find!

I've been working up a Go-to-Pose (probably just for my own use) set to get the full range of usage from it. I noticed that when I put people in the audience chairs filling up each row, they don't reall fit. Do you think I could adjust the seats distance from each other and and save that as some sort of scene preset if I wanted to fill those chairs with reporters for instance?

Greybro said:

I've been working up a Go-to-Pose (probably just for my own use) set to get the full range of usage from it. I noticed that when I put people in the audience chairs filling up each row, they don't reall fit. Do you think I could adjust the seats distance from each other and and save that as some sort of scene preset if I wanted to fill those chairs with reporters for instance?

The chairs are grouped in rows then blocks, so what I'd suggest is, delete all but the front row on one side. Then adjust the spacing to how you want it. The chairs are in a group anyway, so select the group and duplicate node hierarchy. Move the new group back as far as you want. Repeat until you have enough rows. Then group all the rows to form a block, Duplicate node hierarchy again and move this block left or right. Complete audience chair set in very few clicks. All the chairs in the audience group are instances anhyow, so there's very little memory overhead (the master chair is by the security scanner). Then save the whole thing as a new scene (don't overwrite the original!), or save just the lobby props group as a scene subset (I think if you just save the audience chairs, they may not reload properly, since they are just instances without the master)

Is it terribly complicated to create an instance in Daz Studio? I was thinking of creating a few instances of the sitters.

No, just select the original model and go to the Create menu: Create->Create New Instance or ->Create New Instances (for more than one). There are limitations to instances - they can't be separately posed or have different materials - but you can move, rotate, scale etc.

If the viewport starts getting bogged down (the screen draw load for an instance is the same as for its master), you can go to the Parameters tab and turn off Instance Preview. That hides the instance in the viewport, but it still gets rendered (very useful in landscapes too - you'll often see what looks like bare ground in the viewport, but when you render it's full of instanced grasses, flowers, plants etc)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,813

Looks great in 360! I bet your bank would look good too.

No, just select the original model and go to the Create menu: Create->Create New Instance or ->Create New Instances (for more than one). There are limitations to instances - they can't be separately posed or have different materials - but you can move, rotate, scale etc.

If the viewport starts getting bogged down (the screen draw load for an instance is the same as for its master), you can go to the Parameters tab and turn off Instance Preview. That hides the instance in the viewport, but it still gets rendered (very useful in landscapes too - you'll often see what looks like bare ground in the viewport, but when you render it's full of instanced grasses, flowers, plants etc)

Wow! Can't wait to try this. Thank you. Now where did I put those LoRes Predatron figures?

RGcincy said:

Looks great in 360! I bet your bank would look good too.

Thanks. There's quite a few of my sets will make good 360 renders. I'm busy rendering promos for my next set this weekend, but I'm planning on doing more 360s soon. 

Greybro said:

Wow! Can't wait to try this. Thank you. Now where did I put those LoRes Predatron figures?

LOL, there's a few Loretta and Lorenzo Lores figures in my audience renders too!

• Looking forward to using this; it's already downloaded, just tryign to find the time. I'm working on a graphic novel where the undead attack in the middle of a political rally, and this will be perfect!

edited April 2017

I like how all these sets tie together thematically! It's almost like you planned it that way!

Trouble At The Club

Post edited by Chohole on

Planning? Moi? wink

Ha! Ha!

I want to make 360 images out of all of these sets!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

City Hall is a lot of fun and a stack of nooks to use, Thanks Tim.

Here's another Carrara NPR render inside City Hall.

(Thanks for sharing those others too)

edited April 2017

I've done a first pass of a 360 panorama with the autopsy room from the crime lab. I hope to have something to share later today. Such a detailed peice of work it Nearly boggles the mind.

Post edited by Greybro on

Here's a start to the City Hall 360. I plan to flesh it out with low res figures hiding in many of the niches an sitting in some seats.

CityHall.jpg
    3000 x 1500 - 4M

Looks good yes

Looks good yes

Thanks. Your tip on Instances really opened up some ram for me. I've made 4 or 5 variations of Loretta and Lorenzo and am creating instance from each and spreading them all over the 360 area. That's running back home on the work horse today. Should make for an interesting view.

I tried a 360 with the Tangy Apple Orchard but it must have had the camera too close to the edge of the set. It didn't work out. Ah, one awesome 360 project at a time. I'll work that out eventually. That one camera angle on the road in shadow always comes out so real looking.

Sings to the tune from the Lego movie: Instances are awesome...!  Instances are cool when there's lots in a scene!

Ahem, that's enough of that! blush

Just submitted my next set, and there are lots of instances - tens of thousands easily (it's an outdoor scene). But you'd never know: even on my old i5, it navigates like the scene was empty.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    head wax said:

City Hall is a lot of fun and a stack of nooks to use, Thanks Tim.

Here's another Carrara NPR render inside City Hall.

(Thanks for sharing those others too)

Ack, as a mother this give me hives just looking at it lol!