TangoAlpha's Coming Soon: End of the Track [Commercial]

14567810»

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm a big fan of kitbashing, so I try to make everything as modular as I can, within reason anyhow. smiley

Again, suit storage on the command deck is a separate module, so if you eamt to swap it out for something different, that's easily done.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited February 2018

Very nice!

I've been looking for something along these lines for a while, and was about to kitbash some decks for the toon-rocket-and-moonscape set which is also available here on Daz3D.  My goal was to blend new and old in my project, and the 'cylindrical' nature of your deck plans for the bridge and crew quarters should work well for this.

I'm looking forward to a storage deck and an engineering deck along these lines, to compliment this set.  Keep up the good work!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

Thanks. I'm working on the engineering/mechanical deck right now, and hopefully it'll be available before the end of March Madness.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Hey, TangoAlpha.The textures in your new set End of the Tracks (which is conceptually lovely) seem a bit off to me in some of the promos. I'm wondering if perhaps you rendered the promos using a reduced-size texture set and didn't shift up for some closeups? Or maybe it's something in the lighting... Hm. 

Nonetheless, I'm delighted to see this. I've fallen a bit behind in my Collect All TangoAlpha and now's my chance to catch up!

Was it anything in particular you felt was off? I didn't texture-reduce anything in this set, and I haven't noticed anything being "off", but it would still be good to know other people's perceptions.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Was it anything in particular you felt was off? I didn't texture-reduce anything in this set, and I haven't noticed anything being "off", but it would still be good to know other people's perceptions.

The main thing that jumps out at me are the cliffs, in pretty much all of the shots they look to be much lower rez than the rest of the items, they are especially noticeable in the promo of the woman sitting on the train tracks (last one on your new signature) by her right foot.  Also, render 5 behind the middle part of the bridge.  I can't tell for sure if it's a texture or a DOF issue though, those are just what jump out at me.  It looks like a fantastic set though, if I can at all scrounge up the funds I'll be purchasing it while the intro sale is still going.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited February 2018

Yes, it was mostly the render dragotx pinpointed: the rocks looked low rez and something seemed kind of weird about the railroad ties' texture. A couple other closeups of the ties also made me squint. It's not quite low-rez for them, but like the texture looks very painted on somehow.

ETA: I know what it is about the ties that bugs me. On the first tie we see the end of, closest to the bottom, you can see deep shadows on the long side that aren't reflected as ridges on the squared end. So it drives home that it's a flat polygon with a painted texture.

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,798

Carrara NPR render, very nice set !!!!!

Check out Stezza's renders as well https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3361476/#Comment_3361476

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

thanks for the mention @Bunyip02 
    save having to click the link....

Renders are the Carrara version with some adjustments done which can be easily done in Carrara.. extra models I 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I have a ticket open about the BANK.

I own the club https://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club

But the bank will not install

https://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-bank

It shows up in Daz with no icons, out the set and props will load for the Club.

Anything to do with the Bank it returns with "File does not exist" error.

---------------------------
    Manual search finds the install folder with the product files.....

Dragging and dropping into Daz gets the names listed in the scene tab, but nothing is there but a black mass and no way to apply materials or shaders.

Hopefully Support will be able to get you up and running quickly. Unfortunately installer problems are not something PAs are really able to help with. (I could ask if you were installing manually or via DIM, and what OS, but beyond suggesting installing via the other methould, I wouldn't know where to go next...)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,914
    edited March 2020

some of  your sets in a (no longer free so not promoting it  I only promote free softwares unless it's Carrara)  ArchVis program wink

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

That's a pretty good walkthrough yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,914

I actually did some more, OK Sloshwerks snuck in too with the private eye office
    but others in this one also some of your sets

I am working my way through my content rendering stuff

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited September 2023

OK, so I FINALLY noticed that MV Stella now has a hull, which is designed to accomodate the Command Deck and Crew Deck.

So of course I tried to squeeze in the Engineering deck too.  I stretched the back half of the hull a bit in Hexagon (via a morph) and widened it a bit so that Engineering would fit nicely inside, and duplicated the MVS extender to fill the gap between Command and Crew...

Here are the results, in case anyone was curious:

The hull extension morph messed with the window covers rotation alignments, so I ended up using the ones that camed with the Crew Deck, and using the joint editor tool and a bit of scaling to 're-align' the Command Deck window covers.  In any case, just wanted to share!

MV_Stella_ExtendedHull1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 116K
    MV_Stella_ExtendedHull2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 110K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited February 24

Used the Carrara version of 'End of the Tracks' for this month's PC Club event themed 'Legacy'.  Image entitled 'Cliffhanger.'

Post edited by Diomede on

Nice touch with the polaroid camera yes