TangoAlpha's Coming Soon: End of the Track [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited October 2016

Overspent from the PA Sale? You need you put your money in the Parthenon Bank! http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-bank With over $1 million in gold bullion in our vault, our priority is naturally one of security, and since we employed George as a security guard, we've enjoyed 126 straight days without a successful heist.

* Interior addon for http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club
    * Doors and security gates open
    * Back offices
    * Bank vault with deposit boxes and bullion cage
    * Teller positions with opening cash drawers and panic buttons
    * Consultant positions with opening desk drawers and panic button
    * Hideable walls

BTW, George's day off is Tuesday . . .

01-Parthenon-Bank-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    02-Parthenon-Bank-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    08-Parthenon-Bank-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 717K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
    edited October 2016

Happy to announce that the Parthenon Club is now out of "new" status and currently 40% off. So if you bought the bank addon but held back on the base set because it was still full price (and thank you for your patience yes), now's the chance for a good discount. smiley

http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Got it! Yes I was waiting for that one to lose it's 'new' banner.

I suspect that releasing the club first was good sales strategy. I'd no interest in a club. But I'd have snatched up a bank on the first day of release.

edited November 2016

Tangy Apple Orchard.

01-Tangy-Apple-Orchard-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    03-Tangy-Apple-Orchard-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    06-Tangy-Apple-Orchard-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
  • I like the licence plate too. Going to get this when it comes out. I hope it works in DS 4.6.

I used Ultrascatter for the instances, so if they're fine in 4.6, this should be too.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Tango,

Very impressive.  Most of my stuff is quasi-medieval fantasies so will I be able to remove the sign from the scene?  I'd also like to see a preset for the lighting and sun-sky presets.  What you have achieved with those renders goes well beyond what I've managed with sun-sky.

Cheers,

Alex.

Yep, the sign is a separate prop and can be removed or repositioned, as can the fence. There's two bends in the track (it's roughly a 'J' shape), so there's a view without the sign anyway.

All three images are rendered with sun-sky (I love it!), just the time of day is different. I use I normally set the SS Latitude & Longitude to be approximately "here" (51 North, 3 West). and at some point in the development process I like to kick of a set of renders at half hour intervals from sunrise to sunset. Takes a while to do, but it gives me a good sense of how the light changes through the 'Daz day' (I'd make a movie if I knew how to stitch the images together!). I'll refer back to them when setting up shots later. 1st pic was about 9am, 2nd 3pm, 3rd 6:30am (dates set to mid September). Third pic also used bloom, and @Marshian 's http://www.daz3d.com/above-the-fog-for-iray-and-3delight

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,460

Thanks for the spotlight (product listing) TangoAlpha!

Yep, the sign is a separate prop and can be removed or repositioned, as can the fence. There's two bends in the track (it's roughly a 'J' shape), so there's a view without the sign anyway.

All three images are rendered with sun-sky (I love it!), just the time of day is different. I use I normally set the SS Latitude & Longitude to be approximately "here" (51 North, 3 West). and at some point in the development process I like to kick of a set of renders at half hour intervals from sunrise to sunset. Takes a while to do, but it gives me a good sense of how the light changes through the 'Daz day' (I'd make a movie if I knew how to stitch the images together!). I'll refer back to them when setting up shots later. 1st pic was about 9am, 2nd 3pm, 3rd 6:30am (dates set to mid September). Third pic also used bloom, and @Marshian 's http://www.daz3d.com/above-the-fog-for-iray-and-3delight

Thanks for the info, I'll try some experiments of my own.

Cheers,

Alex.

Marshian said:

Thanks for the spotlight (product listing) TangoAlpha!

This has gone on my wishlist. It's very impressive.

Cheers,

Alex.

I'm trying to knit the sequence into a movie (learning new skills again, lol!), & I'll  post the link when it's done/ :)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

crisp, tangy, and delicious...i love it.  you caught the vibe perfectly.  it feels like a real pick-your-own spot. 

will this be turning up soon, or are we still a while away? 

now i'm *really* going to be feeling the need for some good iray birds...

:)

j

It's through QA and just waiting for a release date. So it shouldn't be long...

It's through QA and just waiting for a release date. So it shouldn't be long...

Just when my credit card thought it was safe to emerge from its hiding place at the bottom of the garden. . .

Cheers,

Alex.

It's very quick and dirty, but here's the day video:

I blew this week's budget (and then some) yesterday but this will be top of next week's shopping list.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited November 2016

I know, a Stonemason in the same weekend too is a toughy. Have some cider while you wait . . .wink

Table_iray2a.jpg
    1728 x 1080 - 2M
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

How the hell did you knowI needed/wanted apple trees?  A couple of days ago I sdtarted setting up a scene using Princess Leila as the basis of a scrumper (she's got an apple in each hand, currently ...) and slammed to a halt when I realised, that of all the trees I had, I did not really have any apple trees, or at least. not in fruit!  So, good timing, that man! laugh

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Looks gorgeous!

Thanks Sonja smiley

Simon, I just knew you wanted apple trees . . . ! (a principle I've also been trying to apply to the lotto, but with bafflingly little success!)

Thanks Sonja smiley

Simon, I just knew you wanted apple trees . . . ! (a principle I've also been trying to apply to the lotto, but with bafflingly little success!)

Try using numbers with the lottery, not apple trees cheeky

You may have hit the rootstock of the problem . . . laugh

You may have hit the rootstock of the problem . . . laugh

I have been driven absolutely scatty!!!!  As I mentioned I had the starts of a scene set up (G3F, clothed, posed into a run, 'wielding' two apples (from elsewhere, sorry!!!!!).  So what I did was load that saved scene up, loaded the Iray version of the orchard and after a bit of deliberation one of the Iray Superpak domes for lighting and backdrop.  CLicked Render (after tweaking camera and frame and the G3F's position) and ... whirr, whirr, *clunk* crash!  DS nose-dives like a good 'un.  I'll admit I did curse a little!  Being a programmer of not a few years standing I started to 'deconstruct' the sceen taking out one element after another, but still it died, in the same way.  I broke things up entirely, and dropping the dome I loaded the saved scene again and .. it rendered.  I loaded just the orchard and ... it rendered.  I loaded the orchard and the dome and ... it rendered.  Oh, and I wals also flipping between GPU only and CPU only, just in case, but to no avail.  If it crashed, it crashed, GPU or CPU.  If it rendered, it rendered.  I thought it may be some wierd interaction between the G3F and the instances of trees as she was mid-orchard so gave her a Y-trans of 1,000 and ... crash!

Went back to, not quite, square one and loaded orchard and a bare G3F and that rendered.  Then I merged the original saved scene with the G3F and ... it rendered.  Um, wait, what?  Not a clue what that ws all about, but Ihave, in the past, had weird-ass happenings when loading something would cause DS to have a hissy fit if it was loaded into an empty scene, if I loaded almost anything else first then the problem thing would load without issue.  I'm putting this into the same box, closing the lid, duct-taping the lid down, placing the box in a vault, locking the vault door and giving the key to the metaphorical dog that ate my homework!

Instances optimisation set to Speed rather than Memory, maybe? That'll certainly kill DS on hitting render for a big, instances-heavy scene like this one. Basically Iray will sit there and suck up all the memory there is until it goes boom.

Optimisation miight well be set in the orchard preload, explaining why it renders. So crash or not depends on if you load the orchard first, or merge it later. Just a hypothesis (can't check right now)

Optimisation miight well be set in the orchard preload, explaining why it renders. So crash or not depends on if you load the orchard first, or merge it later. Just a hypothesis (can't check right now)

Low memory was one reason I tried CPU only (gfx card has 4GB VRAM, system has 32GB RAM).  It's late for me, so will, maybe, test this more later.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

devil Revenge of the Pippin

Haha, @Stezza you should *so* put that in the gallery!