TangoAlpha's Coming Soon: End of the Track [Commercial]

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited November 2016

Despite a largish footprint in RAM it seems to have used the GPUs and VRAM for rendering, so the assumption about instancing optimisation may well be true!

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I was finally able to pick up the Medieval Hall and Gardens (been on my wishlist since it came out!) and was super pleased to see that it is also optimized for Carrara.  I just started to learn Carrara (have had it for awhile but finally opened it up for real this past week lol).  So thank you very much! 

And the orchard looks like a lovely place for a dragon to have a nap....

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I was finally able to pick up the Medieval Hall and Gardens (been on my wishlist since it came out!) and was super pleased to see that it is also optimized for Carrara.  I just started to learn Carrara (have had it for awhile but finally opened it up for real this past week lol).  So thank you very much! 

Yup, it was built in Carrara, so everything is native . . . smiley

Replace the apple shader in the orchard with (say) gold, and your dragon could be napping on his hoarde! wink

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Beautiful work.

SimonJM said:

Despite a largish footprint in RAM it seems to have used the GPUs and VRAM for rendering, so the assumption about instancing optimisation may well be true!

Oi! come back woth those apples, you bleedin' little thief . . . ! laugh

MarcCCTx said:

Beautiful work.

Thanks, smiley

Yup, it was built in Carrara, so everything is native . . . smiley

Replace the apple shader in the orchard with (say) gold, and your dragon could be napping on his hoarde! wink

Now that is a great idea!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

I know, a Stonemason in the same weekend too is a toughy. Have some cider while you wait . . .wink

Bought and downloaded this afternoon.  Once I get my render box repaired (it's currently awaiting a new motherboard) I will let Archmage Serena and her sidekick Cecil loose on it.

Cheers,

Alex.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,817
    edited November 2016

Love this scene, purchased and loaded it. One small problem here though: The camera presets don't seem to work. The camera views don't match the thumbnail pictures. E.g. Camera preset 4 is actually placed in the middle of the forrest ;-)

DS11-25-2016_01.jpg
    1913 x 1080 - 802K
    Post edited by Masterstroke on

That seems odd. Is it just the saved out presets that are wrong, ie if you use the camera positions that load with the scene, are they okay?

edited February 2017

Coming soon, County Crime Lab and Crime Lab Props for DS (3Delight & Iray) and Carrara.

Complete exterior & interior 2 storey 1930s style building, with yard and surrounding street. Props cover the entire operation fom lab equipment to locker room to reception desk. Some rooms have been left unfurnished so you can go to town on your own layout.

14-County-Crime-Lab-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    04-County-Crime-Lab-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    07-County-Crime-Lab-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    05-Crime-Lab-Props-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    03-Crime-Lab-Props-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Oh wow that is very cool!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

This one is looking interesting, too!

I should add that all doors open and close, walls (including interior partitions) can be removed or hidden. The street is a separate prop. Mats are included for both left-side and right-side road markings. All props are rigged so drawers & cupboards open, taps turn, toilet seat lifts (why would there not be a toilet in a building like this?), blinds open/close/raise/lower.

It's also a "full service" crime lab, so in addition to the autopsy suite there's a prep room, locker room, viewing room, incident room (with observation window to the autopsy suite), reception, forensics lab, pathology lab, tactical lab (CSI style). There's prop preloads for each room, and of course you can use the empty room for anything you like.

Here's a few more renders:

02-County-Crime-Lab-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    01-Crime-Lab-Props-daz3d.jpg
    1100 x 1500 - 951K
    02-Crime-Lab-Props-daz3d.jpg
    1100 x 1500 - 889K
  • That is very, very impressive! 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Amazing stuff.  yes

• The reason there would not be a toilet in a building like this is that it is a crime lab run by criminal cops. Permit me to explain... all the toilets in the police station and crime lab were stolen by a midget spiritualist who made good his escape from the local county jail. So even though they put out an APB for a small medium at large... they still have nothing to go on. Back to you Tim.

Meanwhile, the duty pathologist, after a week of rummaging inside Cadaver George, reappears in full mining gear. She has found the vital stool sample. It's important evidence and must be presented before the court. She rushes up to the roof with it (the roads being gridlocked, she must use one of the trusty courier birds). But it turns out the bird she ties the specimen to is not a courier pigeon, but a stool pigeon, and it has deposit ideas of its own . . .

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

We need a "facepalm" icon, like Skype has... It would be most appropriate about now.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    L'Adair said:

We need a "facepalm" icon, like Skype has... It would be most appropriate about now.

• LOL you said duty! Oh that's golden...
  • Wow nice it is out! Hello, County Morgue, you stab em we slab em, please hold. And the lab props too... looks like it could be used as an abortion clinic. Sort of a one stop shop. County Abortion Clinic, you rape em we scape em, please hold. I'll be purchasing both of these thanks.
    edited February 2017

Any kind of lab you want! (well, probably not particle physics!)

County Crime Lab, Crime Lab Props, and a bundle:

http://www.daz3d.com/county-crime-lab
    http://www.daz3d.com/crime-lab-props
    http://www.daz3d.com/crime-lab-bundle

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

wonderful! 

Coming soon for Daz Studio (3Delight & Iray) and Carrara: City Hall

City Hall building interior with large open lobby, atrium and five storeys of corridors, stairs and offices. Ideal setting for renders of important people, political rallys, town meetings, going to see the mayor or even pay off those parking tickets! Every department in civic life has an office door, from Community Liason to Police Commissioner, Emergency planning to Registrar of births deaths and marriages. All doors open, and behind each is a removable basic room or corridor. Includes props.

11-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    12-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    17-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    09-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    08-City-Hall-Daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
  • I wonder what it says about me that my first thought was "Oh! Nice place for an assassination attempt!"

Uthgard said:

I wonder what it says about me that my first thought was "Oh! Nice place for an assassination attempt!"

If you can get through security . . . wink

Uthgard said:

I wonder what it says about me that my first thought was "Oh! Nice place for an assassination attempt!"

My first thought was, great place for a zombie invasion.... Cause we all know that cities go first and this would be 5 floors of absolute mayhem lol.

Don't stand under the atrium then . . . wink

Haha ya that would be a bad idea lol.