BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE 21 ~~STORMS~~

1235»

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@Dave Savage : very nice image !

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

@adbcmtnmenHoro: Thanks for the comments.

@Dan Whiteside: Great storm cloud. Works very well with the plane in front. Just the house on the beach draws my eye a bit too much (too bright, I guess).

@Dave Savage: Wonderful storm render. I love the rain and the darkness and the sea!

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

good Luck to all Participents :-)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Thanks for the comments.

The sea I think was the reason the render took so long. In order to get some white splashes going on, I used something similar to the Stacked terrain technique.

The differences being that firstly I made the terrain for the water, then duplicated it and extended it's Y axis slightly so that the second terrain had it's highest parts above the first. Then I used David's volumetric snow material on the duplicate and then tweaked the water and the snow materials until the match was good.

But what it did mean was that there was a volumetric material being seen through a transparent material (with reflection too) and then the addition of the Rain planes (two of them) adding refraction to the whole thing... Quite a lot for the Anti Aliasing to compute apparently.

Good luck to everyone... Top quality renders again this time.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179

Awesome work by everyone - Good Luck All

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288
    edited July 2016

Well, I'm a bit over the date but the thread hasn't been closed yet. If my third entry isn't accepted anymore, no problem.

Third Entry: Firestorm
    Used: Urban Future 3 by Stonemason

Firestorm

Firestorm.jpg
    1080 x 1200 - 310K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Great renders again, everybody!

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Some great interpretations of a storm. Thanks for all the nice comments by the way.

@Horo. No mirage, did'nt think of that at the time. It's just supposed to be more sand hills but they do look a bit sharp.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

i didnt have time to put in an entry, real life got in the way :) ...but congrats to all the renders, they all look great :)

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@Horo : your third entry looks great !

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@horo... Firestorm is great... I really like it... the camera angle gives an awesome view