Coming soon: Mesh Grabber 4.0 [Commercial]

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Jeez, according to ManFriday, this thing was submitted

10 (!!!) weeks

ago. We see clothing from some vendor each week. Couldn't they focus on a thing really wanted by the community?!

• I'm starting to be really interested in what the price of this thing will be.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,215

jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

I'm starting to be really interested in what the price of this thing will be.

Maybe the wait is to give everyone time to acquire a first-born?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814
    So it will be another 9 months then?
  • barbult said:

lmao...good one 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673
    edited July 23

Richard Haseltine said:

laugh I love the 'acquiring' part in this specially ... 

Edit: Oh no, I didn't mean it THIS way ... blush Just the wording, y'know ...

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,769

tsroemi said:

Richard Haseltine said:

laugh I love the 'acquiring' part in this specially ... 

Edit: Oh no, I didn't mean it THIS way ... blush Just the wording, y'know ...

Yes, well... it doesn't actually say it has to be your firstborn, or, you know, even a human firstborn. A firstborn fruitfly should be a perfectly acceptable offering...

• rto3drto3d Posts: 24

well .... we will see ...

• rto3drto3d Posts: 24

good luck / bad luck

2024-07-24 Meshgrabber 4.0 still not released.png
    750 x 514 - 58K
  • n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 152
    edited July 24

Any updates on ETA for MG 4.0?

What's the issues with release?

Post edited by n.aspros123 on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

barbult said:

LOL

• eeyuneeyun Posts: 20
    edited July 31

Well, going off rto3d's count, we're now at 3 months - so maybe only 6 more to go.

Post edited by eeyun on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,275

It is year 2525. Daz is now 100% compatible with advanced virtual reality systems to which users connect via neural link in their brains. Forum users teleport to designated discussion plazas or catch up on discussion broadcasts on wall-sized super plasma screens with multiple camera angles avaiable. 3D images now render within seconds, and the skin details of Generation 99 are good enough to zoom in to cellural level. In the corner, an old but not forgotten thread, "Coming soon: Mesh Grabber 4.0," still hangs, flickering lights like a broken neon from an era long gone...

Seriously, though, any news? Anything? I found myself using the original Mesh Grabber just a few days ago, and thought how nice it would be to have the new MG. I'm wondering if it's just stuck in the queue (forever?), needs extensive testing that takes time, got pushed back for fixes, or something else.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,185

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300
    edited August 7

Just thinking about starting another thread with ideas about how to duplicate

Mesh Grabber 4.0 features with Blender.

That's way the waiting will be much more bearable.

Post edited by Artini on
  • I keep thinking about  the beginning of Casablanca: "And wait. And wait."

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,275

felis said:

Glad you caught the reference ;) 

MeshGrabber 4.0 codename "Godot" is probably supposed to be released during an upcoming solar eclipse. According to my information the next one is suppost to be October 2nd. Hope this date can be met. If not there are two further slots on March 29, 2025 and September 21, 2025. Don't worry, there will be also two in 2026 and 2027. So it will be released sooner or later.

• levroma85levroma85 Posts: 0

Artini said:

Just thinking about starting another thread with ideas about how to duplicate

Mesh Grabber 4.0 features with Blender.

That's way the waiting will be much more bearable.

I think that's a good idea!

When MG4 was announced, I immediately saw all kinds of possibilities. Like most, I'm dissapointed that it has not dropped yet, but after using Daz Studio for a while, I finally decided to try some of the ideas out in Blender using it's sculpting and animation features. There's a lot to learn, but getting a Daz scene into Blender is pretty simple with the available tools, and once there you can sculpt and animate feely. 

I do hope MG4 is released for DS, simply because I'm so used to Daz and its ecosystem. But Blender is an option to implement the features most people are looking for out of MG4, right away. 

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,095

Sure... But since I know that with MG4 I could avoid the travel to blender to do what I want, I find this "go to blender-come back to daz" step very frustrating!

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 873

Maybe DAZ plans to implement MG4 into DAZ Studio 5.0 as a new feature, that would explain the long waiting time. So we only can hope that it is not that long anymore. surprise And we would all get it for free probably.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300

That would explain long wait.

Mesh Grabber 4.0 is probably too good to release just as another plugin.

So is it DAZ Grabber then, or Mesh Studio? Or DAZ Studio 5.4 Mesh Grabbing Edition?

Let's not turn a passing fancy into a supposedly solid fact for further extrapolation, please.

• Anticipation. Anticipa-a-tion.

You all might bear in mind that when a post is made wondering where the product is anyone who bookmarked the thread gets a ping and may well scurry over to check the news.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

Richard Haseltine said:

You all might bear in mind that when a post is made wondering where the product is anyone who bookmarked the thread gets a ping and may well scurry over to check the news.

That's OK. The forums are pretty dead these days. We need something to scurry to for entertainment. Happy International Cat Day. I assume that was created for you. wink

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That's OK. The forums are pretty dead these days. We need something to scurry to for entertainment. Happy International Cat Day. I assume that was created for you. wink

Yes, and the bribes were a lot of work - slipping all those dead mice into people's beds.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, and the bribes were a lot of work - slipping all those dead mice into people's beds.

Yay!  Real protein to go with our ramen and water!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

jepegraphics said:

Maybe DAZ plans to implement MG4 into DAZ Studio 5.0 as a new feature, that would explain the long waiting time. So we only can hope that it is not that long anymore. surprise And we would all get it for free probably.

That has been something that has been worrying me as that would mean a new version of the Qt libraries so it would no longer work on DS 4.21.