Coming soon: Mesh Grabber 4.0 [Commercial]

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

Yeah I know, but it's more than a month already, and I'm in desperate need of it! Because I have so many ideas already what I want to try with it ...

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300

I agree. It will be a great day for me after Mesh Grabber 4 will be released.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Everyday I check, and everyday I get sad... No mesh grabber 4 yet... 

crying crying crying

Shimrian said:

crying crying crying

Same ... broken heart 

• Shimrian said:

crying crying crying

+1

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 127

ManFriday       Hi, hoping all parts of this product will be available for manual download. My D/S install is a PC offline. I bought the last bundle and the "rotations" add on is missing for manual DL - quite a disappointment not even being able to try that function. / peace

• maureen4486maureen4486 Posts: 7

Will this work with Daz Beta? I'm not willing to update my primary Daz installation at this time, but I will install the Beta to make use of these new features.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,292

maureen4486 said:

Will this work with Daz Beta? I'm not willing to update my primary Daz installation at this time, but I will install the Beta to make use of these new features.

Yes, as that is a newer version than the General Release.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,292

3DmentiaNull said:

ManFriday       Hi, hoping all parts of this product will be available for manual download. My D/S install is a PC offline. I bought the last bundle and the "rotations" add on is missing for manual DL - quite a disappointment not even being able to try that function. / peace

I suspect that as it being a plugin, that it'll only be available for download through DIM. You can download it on a machine which is online, copy to a USB drive and then copy it to the offline system from the USB drive.

But this is all speculation as it hasn't been released yet.

• rto3drto3d Posts: 24

Shimrian said:

crying crying cryingsa

me too

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 123

After trying to move a few vertices, giving up multiple times, restarting multiple times, and finally saying "WHAT I REALLY NEED IS SMOOTH!" I came back here to check if MG4 has dropped yet. Glad to see I'm not the only one champing at the bit!

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,924

3DmentiaNull said:

I still don't know, why anyone is needing DIM, Smart Content or whatever. Manuell zip download and install is easy and simple with DAZ Studio, 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,347

Masterstroke said:

3DmentiaNull said:

I still don't know, why anyone is needing DIM, Smart Content or whatever. Manuell zip download and install is easy and simple with DAZ Studio, 

If you have 1000s of products, manual download and install can get really tedious. With DIM you can do it with a few clicks.

• eeyuneeyun Posts: 20

DIM advantages for me ...

1. tracks updates

2. easily find the folder destinations for installed products

And re. the original topic - me too!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,956

Updates is the biiig one for me.

I really wish Artstation had something like dim; I have no idea if my content is up to date.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,480

I bought the original version of Mesh Grabber but returned it because I found Blender easier and more capable for my needs. This latest version seems to be close enough to the Blender Sculpt tools that I am tempted to buy it again but I have to wonder if there is a case for spending money when Blender is free? Obviously, it would be nice to be able to create morphs without exporting to another application but I'm so used to that workflow that I hardly notice it. Or is this primarily aimed at the many people who are put off by the complexity of the Blender UI?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

marble said:

I bought the original version of Mesh Grabber but returned it because I found Blender easier and more capable for my needs. This latest version seems to be close enough to the Blender Sculpt tools that I am tempted to buy it again but I have to wonder if there is a case for spending money when Blender is free? Obviously, it would be nice to be able to create morphs without exporting to another application but I'm so used to that workflow that I hardly notice it. Or is this primarily aimed at the many people who are put off by the complexity of the Blender UI?

I would say the appeal of this tool is the same as any other tools that add functionality to DS that other programs have: the simplicity of being able to do everything you want without having to leave DS. I've been going outside DS for things like sculpting, particles and whatnot for a while, and it's to the point where I just don't use DS for rendering anymore.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,480

Gordig said:

marble said:

I would say the appeal of this tool is the same as any other tools that add functionality to DS that other programs have: the simplicity of being able to do everything you want without having to leave DS. I've been going outside DS for things like sculpting, particles and whatnot for a while, and it's to the point where I just don't use DS for rendering anymore.

Agreed. Sometimes I wish that DAZ would buy these utilities outright and incorporate them into the DAZ Studio software. I do still render in DS but use Affinity Photo and Gigapixel AI in post. Anyhow, I am interested to see some more discussion on this utiliy before I decide on whether it should go into my toolbox.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,862

I haven't used Mesh Grabber, Parsis or any of the other add-ons like that, and I'm sure they work well, but they're all band-aids. I'm not saying it would be easy (I'm assuming there's a reason they haven't already done so), but Daz owns Carrara and could theoretically merge a lot of that functionality into DS, which would give DS users full Bullet physics, particles, mesh creation and modification, and all of that, while still retaining the things that make DS great. Hell, they could (again, theoretically) fold Bryce in as well.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 212
    edited June 20

Every. single. morning. disappointed.

Almost 6 weeks later DAZ still isn't able to release it? Man.

Post edited by Laurita on

Maybe @ManFriday would be able to give us an update ....? I'm really getting kind of depressed here ... And I think many others lurking in this thread would also much appreciate any kind of info at this point. So maybeeeee ....?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

I'm afraid it's still in the queue at Daz. Shouldn't be long now!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

Holding tight to my funds to buy ASAP.

ManFriday said:

I'm afraid it's still in the queue at Daz. Shouldn't be long now!

I see, thank you so much for responding!  Will keep standing on tippy toes then for now, trying to peer over the DAZ factory line fence ... laugh

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,924

Will be a Mesh Grabber grabber 4 sure.
    ;-)

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Someone mentioned to me that the reason for the delay might be because it's a plugin, and they might want to spread out the launches of larger plugins like this and UltraScenery 2. Plugins have a higher risk than normal launches and if you look at the USC 2 thread, you'll see that there were a few crashes that were quickly patched. The good news is that it's now coming on the one month mark since the launch of USC 2, so maybe that means Mesh grabber 4 can launch? Hopefully this week or next week! =) 

I'm also hoping for the updates to USC 2 toolboxes (by Totte), so who know when they are all coming?

I still have by gift certificate in my account nwaiting fot this product and can't wait until launch.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814

It has been almost 2 months since the product was submitted to Daz, and still not released.

• I figured once the Daz+ sale was over. Disappointed.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,300

Tomorrow would be a great time to release Mesh Grabber 4 on July 4th.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,128

May the fourth be with you.