"Mature Content" images blurred

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,193

AndrewJJP said:

it's so odd that I think that's very likely.

But whatever the case, nobody has yet showed me an image that should be mature. And by that I mean something we wouldn't see in our everyday lives.

• It's not people in underwear - walk past Victoria's Secret, Boux Avenue, Ann Summers, or even Marks and Spencer, and you see such things in the windows. Nobody thinks anything of it.
    • It can't be bare midriffs, Almost all young women here seem desparate to show off their bare midriffs, so that doesn't count.
    • Legs? Well no, the same applies.
    • And if i go swimming, I see swimming costumes and bikinis so that doesn't count.

This is 2024, not 1824. Which items for sale here should be hidden by default in 2024? Maybe there are.a few, they are exceedingly rare.

I think they need to get out more!

Is anyone going to speak up in favour of this, just to provide some balance? Does anyone actually want it? Anyone???

I don't know about your everyday life, but for most people https://www.daz3d.com/cgi-secret-details-for-genesis-9-masculine-and-merchant-recourses

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,643

I think it's too early to say anything about what will be in the future. I'm in favor of showing a lot more cash and prizes where needed, if only to see more clearly what we're buying - Not that I think we've been slowed in our procurement with things as they were... I also can't help but notice certain product demonstrations were omitted from the secret details set. These promo pics are on par with what the vendor has shown on Rendo, though.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,310

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

But whatever the case, nobody has yet showed me an image that should be mature. And by that I mean something we wouldn't see in our everyday lives.

• It's not people in underwear - walk past Victoria's Secret, Boux Avenue, Ann Summers, or even Marks and Spencer, and you see such things in the windows. Nobody thinks anything of it.
    • It can't be bare midriffs, Almost all young women here seem desparate to show off their bare midriffs, so that doesn't count.
    • And if i go swimming, I see swimming costumes and bikinis so that doesn't count.

This is 2024, not 1824. Which items for sale here should be hidden by default in 2024? Maybe there are.a few, they are exceedingly rare.

Is anyone going to speak up in favour of this, just to provide some balance? Does anyone actually want it? Anyone???

I don't know about your everyday life, but for most people https://www.daz3d.com/cgi-secret-details-for-genesis-9-masculine-and-merchant-recourses

That has been top of the What's Hot for a couple of days now, so it appears having the mature content applied to your product does not wreck its sales.

I am a bit perplexed why people think this is affecting their shopping experience. Regardless of how the items are flagged, all someone needs to do is allow Mature Content in their user settings and you will not be affected by any of this, the shop will look and perform exactly as before.

• NathNath Posts: 2,727

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

And it is the only item for which the hiding is appropriate. The images are also essential to illustrate what you're buying. So, in this case, DAZ got it right.

The item that had a 'mature' sign over a slightly pinkish wall, not so much laugh 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I finally found out why they added the mature filter and here I thought it was people complaining about bare ankles and bare shoulders again.

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 645

Havos said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

That has been top of the What's Hot for a couple of days now, so it appears having the mature content applied to your product does not wreck its sales.

I am a bit perplexed why people think this is affecting their shopping experience. Regardless of how the items are flagged, all someone needs to do is allow Mature Content in their user settings and you will not be affected by any of this, the shop will look and perform exactly as before.

Shopping? I don't think it does. You have to sign in to buy things. I don't leave the site signed in because no authorisation is needed to make purchases.

While I do think it's rather silly given the content on sale here, it doesn't need to affect the experience at all, but the implementation means it does.

• Rather than remember the preference for mature images when not signed in, I must click throguh the warning every time.
    • It makes it look as though I'm looking at something seedy if I don't sign in, and I don't consider I am. It makes me reluctant to use the site in public when not signed in.

So now I have to sign in just to browse, which is an inconvinence. I no longer use the site on my phone while commumting because it's too much hassle to avoid the blurry images,

Renderosity has done this too, but their implementation seems a lot better.

• They have set the mature bar at a sensible level, or maybe a human decides. IDK.
    • They never hide the main product thumbnail. It's only ever a mannequin if the item itself can't be represented in a non-mature way. Daz doesn't sell such items.
    • For images where there is genuine mature content, you can just click the thumbnail and see it immediately. No annoying warning to click through every single time.

That said, I don't use their site in public either, but that's because they really do have content that most people would consider mature.

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

In that case, I agree that it's a sensible decision.

Even so, people don't ket kicked out of the swimming pool if they turn up like that. Admittedly, most of us don't look that way!

edited March 21

AndrewJJP said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

Even so, people don't ket kicked out of the swimming pool if they turn up like that. Admittedly, most of us don't look that way!

...Having said that, you do see underwear for men with images like that on the packaging. Calvin Klein products spring to mind.

But none of this would matter if the preference could be remembered when not signed in or the UI improved, and the classifications made accurate (for my definition of accurate obviously!) And ultimately, it's an irritation, nothing more.

Post edited by AndrewJJP on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,247

AndrewJJP said:

...Having said that, you do see underwear for men with images like that on the packaging. Calvin Klein products spring to mind.

You clearly didn't scroll down past the main promo.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,550

Gordig said:

AndrewJJP said:

Yeah, that product is the one and only product in the store that would be classified as "Mature" even on this side of the pond 

Gordig said:

AndrewJJP said:

Oh... I see what you mean!

• generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 506
    edited March 21

Funny the regularly dressed dude in the chair with a standing lamp in the abandoned room. Question marks... guessing... thoughts... wild!

But i assume that it has to start somewhere, if you want to have products like the secret details with promo renders.

I don't think "mature content" would repel buyers. If you turn it off, it's not there anymore anyway, and once checked the box once in your life, you'd probably know the drill.

Maybe some people don't want mature content, but obviously you'd need a reliable definition of what that's to mean. The ai is still figuring out...

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

Daz is working on stuff to fix the AI interpretation of "Mature" but atm I'm pretty sure they are making adjustments the old way, by hand.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,340

Basically, I think the system used by Daz is more childproof than that of 'Rosity: you can only see the promos labelled as 'Mature' once you've logged in. 

I don't think it's harmful for children to see non-sexually acting, scantily clad adults (otherwise I wouldn't take children to the beach or to public swimming pools), but because in this shop (and even more so in 'Rosity's, where the line to vulgarity is often crossed) women and female teenagers are very often depicted in a sexualised way, I wouldn't allow children to visit these sites. Not for moral reasons, but simply because they are taught unfavourable gender role stereotypes. However, in this sense, many, many promos would have to be labelled as 'Mature'... cheeky

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

frank0314 said:

Daz is working on stuff to fix the AI interpretation of "Mature" but atm I'm pretty sure they are making adjustments the old way, by hand.

DAZ has avoided "mature" images for so long that probably today I only think there is one product with images that could be classified within this category. The AI has a very difficult time learning with the images shown so far... 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070

This is getting out of hand; I have the 'show mature content' box ticked, but image #4 doesn't show on the sci-fi car, presumeably because of the bikini-clad model. But I can click on any of the other promo images and walk the links to it with no issues.

So two questions - Why is this mature content, and why is my directiive to show mature content being ignored?

A couple of suggestions. First, it looks like some early AI is making the decisions; limit it to just Daz originals to avoid penalizing PAs. Second, as of now there is NO mature content in the store with the possible exception of one product - so there really isn't anything to train on; anything the AI flags as 'mature' is currently wrong. Hard to train on a data set missing the items that need to be flagged.

edited March 22

namffuak said:

This is getting out of hand; I have the 'show mature content' box ticked, but image #4 doesn't show on the sci-fi car, presumeably because of the bikini-clad model. But I can click on any of the other promo images and walk the links to it with no issues.

So two questions - Why is this mature content, and why is my directiive to show mature content being ignored?

It's showing ok for me atm. Try doing a hard refresh cause you may be using an old cached version before the fix as done yesterday.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675

Oh dear, it's hard to take Daz seriously when they blur ordinary pictures but don't blur this:

https://www.daz3d.com/whip-it-poses-for-genesis-9-feminine

Apparently bondage queens are okaydevil

edited March 23

A big maybe, if it was black leather and wearing a mask, but that would mean cat woman would be the bondage queen. It just looks like a superhero with a whip.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,247

frank0314 said:

A big maybe, if it was black leather and wearing a mask, but that would mean cat woman would be the bondage queen. 

I might have some bad news for you about comics.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,515

AndrewJJP said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AndrewJJP said:

I agree!

To the  DAZlings who decided this AI solutionI suggest ou really should revisit the think tank. This course leads to a dead end, suicide mission. If you, DAZlings, are trying to retain customers and not drive them nuts away, stop blurring pg 13 content with R rated content. Stop using AI because whoever programmed this model you are using, is an embicile. But if you are headstrong to ride this route,be inclusive. Implement this mature filter for stuff we post in the forum. If we can't post it neither should you. Why not give us this filter in the forum. If you can, we can. That is the hypocritisy. No alternative filter for those in the forum who want to post nude examples, but the PAs are exempt and can post this under a mature filter but we cannot? PAs do not bring in the money that pay you and them. We the buyers do. And we should be able to post mature filtered content too. But you really need to get what mature filtered content because your AI filter seems to be suffering a meltdown. 

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

Mouser said:

Oh dear, it's hard to take Daz seriously when they blur ordinary pictures but don't blur this:

https://www.daz3d.com/whip-it-poses-for-genesis-9-feminine

Apparently bondage queens are okaydevil

Indiana Jones also uses whips and characters like Superman have the perverse habit of wearing their underwear over the rest of their clothes...

• On the subject of superheros and underpants...  there is actually a series of childrens' books called Captain Underpants, which is literally about a very young superhero wearing nothing but his underpants.

Our world gets weirder and weirder!  laughlaughlaughlaugh

Nah, the world has always been weird. I give you Don Martin's super hero parody, Captain Klutz.

Cklutz.jpg
    251 x 418 - 38K
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985

Some of the choices for the mature filter really does make one scratch ones head. On other sites when they obscure an image, it is that the image contains actual nudity. An example is this product https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-x-fashion-brooklyn-outfit-for-genesis-9 the initial image and the last two images will be obscured. There are more but it is head scratching, and makes one wonder have we returned to how it was in the 19th century and early 20th century.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

OK, the blinder screen image that you have to click on has disappeared for me so I guess in prior versions of the store's website those 'show / hide mature product images' wasn't properly working and I would have to click a warning image to see the hidden mature image. I know don't have to do that.

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 755

msep_aec684d3fd said:

Can someone tell me why DAZ has decided to blur images with the words "Mature Content" over them (when many of them do not contain mature content) and how I can get the site to stop this. Is there some setting I can change on the site? It is stupid to blur product images because I will generally not then click on something that you have chosen not to show me.

I have seen this too. Also, why are there 118 comments but only one view?

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited April 13

Especially since I've yet to see anything I would necessarily deem "mature content"; that is unless the definition in our sensitive times has regressed back to the victorian age when showing an ankle was considered scandalous.  And if that is the case why is it so randomly applied?

For example what was the criteria used for determining that Katy's Outfit for Genesis 9 is somehow a mature promo pic, and yet the X-fashion Inspire Bikini for Genesis 9 wasn't? 

Idiocy like this really needs to stop.

Katyoutfitforgenisis9.jpg
    2000 x 3200 - 518K
    xfashioninspirebikiniforgenesis900maindaz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 751K
    Post edited by nelsonsmith on
    edited April 13

nelsonsmith said:

Especially since I've yet to see anything I would necessarily deem "mature content"; that is unless the definition in our sensitive times has regressed back to the victorian age when showing an ankle was considered scandalous.  And if that is the case why is it so randomly applied?

For example what was the criteria used for determining that Katy's Outfit for Genesis 9 is somehow a mature promo pic, and yet the X-fashion Inspire Bikini for Genesis 9 wasn't? 

Idiocy like this really needs to stop.

Thesre was another thread about this. I was shown one example where i had to admit it was a fair point. I can't find it now, but it was naked men.

If the Renderosity promos have stayed the same, there could well be more now. Actually, perhaps that's why they did it.

But in 99%of cases I've seen, it's just a bit silly. I have seen some 'mature' content that wouldn't have looked out of place in a Disney cartoon. Someone suggested it was AI, which seems entirely plausible!

Post edited by AndrewJJP on