"Mature Content" images blurred

Can someone tell me why DAZ has decided to blur images with the words "Mature Content" over them (when many of them do not contain mature content) and how I can get the site to stop this. Is there some setting I can change on the site? It is stupid to blur product images because I will generally not then click on something that you have chosen not to show me.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

msep_aec684d3fd said:

Can someone tell me why DAZ has decided to blur images with the words "Mature Content" over them (when many of them do not contain mature content) and how I can get the site to stop this. Is there some setting I can change on the site? It is stupid to blur product images because I will generally not then click on something that you have chosen not to show me.

Yea I've just seen this too, totally daft, honestly shopping here is just getting worse and worse. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

"Edit Account Information" there is a checkbox for "Show Mature Images"

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

You have to go to "My Account" and choose edit. there will be a check box for showing mature images. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    You can try here, where it also lets you edit your username. Mine is off too but I don't usually buy anything that would be considered "mature" here. https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/
  • Thank you for your help. I'm not sure why they changed that setting for me. I didn't do it myself. 

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 98
    edited March 12

I just noticed the same while browsing my wishlist. How the heck is a hairstyle of all things considered 'mature content?' 

https://www.daz3d.com/hs-playful-bob-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females

I assume this is some kind of glitch. An attempt to fix something that didn't need fixing and breaking it. Other 3d content sites have certain content flagged as 'mature' (I assume for adults only?), and I'm fine with that (not all of us want to see it all the time). But it would be great for customers to view these images by clicking on them. Or, even better, provide a 'mature content filter' that can be turned on or off in our preferences.  

Also, the filter must function correctly. No point flagging a hairstyle as mature content but leaving what I might consider 'adult only' as viewable to all. And generally, it's what people do with the content they purchase in the renders they produce, not the content itself that makes it for General or Adult viewers. Though of course there are exceptions. 

What one person deems as suitable for all ages another might consider adult only. It is all very subjective. 

Edit: I noticed now if you click on an image, it gives you the option of allowing or disallowing "mature' content. 

Post edited by amysparkles on
  • MeneerWolfmanMeneerWolfman Posts: 421

What makes it even weirder is I saw this https://www.daz3d.com/floral-lingerie-for-genesis-9

Which could use the mature content filter on it, but nah, women blindfolded and in lingerie is totally all ages cheeky

• ARealitiARealiti Posts: 135
    edited March 12

msep_aec684d3fd said:

Can someone tell me why DAZ has decided to blur images with the words "Mature Content" over them (when many of them do not contain mature content) and how I can get the site to stop this. Is there some setting I can change on the site? It is stupid to blur product images because I will generally not then click on something that you have chosen not to show me

Some people are very conservative in their views, me not so much. Some people see the protection of their gender as very important and that's what happened in the past, it wasn't just one gender who forced women to cover up.

Post edited by ARealiti on
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,153

Maybe they're preparing to expand what they carry to include more adult items. Much as the editorial license has let them carry items they never would have before?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,323
    edited March 12

I've just realised that I hadn't selected 'Show mature content'. Still, I don't see any blurry images, and what I am shown is 'mature' enough for my taste (skimpwear etc.). I've ticked the box now, but I don't see any images that I wouldn't have seen before. So what's the point?

Post edited by caravelle on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,893

MeneerWolfman said:

What makes it even weirder is I saw this https://www.daz3d.com/floral-lingerie-for-genesis-9

Which could use the mature content filter on it, but nah, women blindfolded and in lingerie is totally all ages cheeky

All of those images are obscured for me, and the main store thumbnail.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited March 12

If I come here to browse the shop, then isn't it my choice to view what I want to see or don't see, even if I didn't have an account?  So, wouldn't it be more sensible to create a new shopping filter called "show Mature Content", that displays all Mature Content without blurring? I think it would look more appealing that seeing every other product blurred out on the front page. And it needs to work, with or without an account.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

DAZ needs to fix this "Mature Content" [words I'm too mature to post]. At best it looks like very different content moderators with no guidelines and very different ideas on what is "mature" reviewed different products.  It almost looks like a random number generator was used to decide which products to flag.

• "X-Fashion Delicated Lingerie for Genesis 9" is NOT mature content but "FK Chrysalis Wings for Genesis 9,8 and 8.1" is. 
    • "Fortuna's Favor Fantasy Bundle" is mature content but the items sold separately are NOT mature.
    • "Cutsuit 2 for Genesis 9" is mature content but half the images on the actual product page are NOT mature.  Image 1 with the suit on multiple mannequins is fine but the 2nd image, with the catsuit on just one mannequin, is mature content.  Image 3 is almost identical to image 2, but it is NOT mature.
    • "SPR Simple Swimsuit with dForce" is NOT mature but "dForce CB Ella Clothing Set" is.

I feel sorry for the PAs because this is being applied so unevenly.

The bigger issue for me here is that Daz seem to be saying that some of the very non offensive use of models and clothing is offensive or "Mature" I don't want to be creating something like that, and have Daz later agree with whoever accuses me of doing something like that.

• ShortlegDoggoShortlegDoggo Posts: 117

ARealiti said:

The bigger issue for me here is that Daz seem to be saying that some of the very non offensive use of models and clothing is offensive or "Mature" I don't want to be creating something like that, and have Daz later agree with whoever accuses me of doing something like that.

Not to mention most of the store being censored makes it look like an adult site. 

edited March 12

ShortlegDoggo said:

ARealiti said:

Not to mention most of the store being censored makes it look like an adult site. 

They've even censored their own in house created character promo images. I can't be a part of this.

https://www.daz3d.com/tara-9-hd

Edit to fix link

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Seven193 said:

If I come here to browse the shop, then isn't it my choice to view what I want to see or don't see, even if I didn't have an account?  So, wouldn't it be more sensible to create a new shopping filter called "show Mature Content", that displays all Mature Content without blurring? I think it would look more appealing that seeing every other product blurred out on the front page. And it needs to work, with or without an account.

They did that last year (though i think you had to have an account to turn it off) and it didn't work - this is intended to be less of a nuisance as it doesn't entirely hide the products.

Since a jokey/sarcastic comment from a user was being taken as a serious statement of Daz' policy and critiqued accordingly in multiple replies it has been removed, along with its replies. My apologies, but having half the thread made up of me saying "It was a joke" is obviously not desirable.

Crescent said:

DAZ needs to fix this "Mature Content" [words I'm too mature to post]. At best it looks like very different content moderators with no guidelines and very different ideas on what is "mature" reviewed different products.  It almost looks like a random number generator was used to decide which products to flag.

• "X-Fashion Delicated Lingerie for Genesis 9" is NOT mature content but "FK Chrysalis Wings for Genesis 9,8 and 8.1" is. 
    • "Fortuna's Favor Fantasy Bundle" is mature content but the items sold separately are NOT mature.
    • "Cutsuit 2 for Genesis 9" is mature content but half the images on the actual product page are NOT mature.  Image 1 with the suit on multiple mannequins is fine but the 2nd image, with the catsuit on just one mannequin, is mature content.  Image 3 is almost identical to image 2, but it is NOT mature.
    • "SPR Simple Swimsuit with dForce" is NOT mature but "dForce CB Ella Clothing Set" is.

It's the images, not the content - the lingerie, I think, and the SPR sets are on mannequins not humans. Not that the filtering is anything close to perfect, but there is a reason for some of it.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Crescent said:

Yes I feel sorry for PA's too, but if they see their incomes dropping perhaps they could challenge Daz after all I would have thought they stand in a better place than the customer to alert Daz to the effects of their policies adds now this etc, if they don't have a problem then fine.  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,174
    edited March 12

Perhaps they've got AI involved in maturity decisions.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

To me the blurring of sales promo pics gives a very false impression that DAZ shows pics of genitelia (probably spelled that wrong LOL) like other 3d sites. I don't think it is conveying the kind of message DAZ wants to convey.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited March 12

This is ridiculous. They are calling outfits that cover more than a bathing suit at the beach "mature content." First they start putting outfits on mannequins and cover up a lot of characters' bodies so we can't even see what we're buying and now this? If they are going to put these dumb labels and we check the box saying we want mature content, can we now see outfits on textured bodies and see the characters nude? Why is everything going backwards in time back to the 1950's? 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 293

Looks like the filter has gotten applied on anything that shows the slightest amount of skin. The one image on the Afro Puff hair that has the filter is the one where the model is wearing a mildly revealing bustier. The three that are filtered on CJ Sage are the least-dressed three (still fully covered, though). Et cetera.

I don't mind the store suffering an attack of prudishness in addition to all its other ongoing woes, but it better remember my setting, because if I have to manually unfilter images every single day that is finally going to be the straw that breaks me. I'm so tired of watching this place die by inches. It depresses me every single morning.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064

I think the account option to show mature content is new - it's the sort of option I always turn on when I set up an account. I also get the impression that the censors walked through the store with a heavy hand and the code just got turned on - I don't remember ever seeing products with a black opaque promo image in the past.

As to what seems to have been flagged - give me a break; if it would have been in a Sears catalogue in the 50s it doesn't qualify as mature.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067

I wonder if DAZ might be able to look at one or two bits of appropriate additional info to generate a default setting rather than the default assumption that everyone is a child and needs to be protected.

I am most definitely old enough to see 'Mature' content, as evidenced that I have been a registered forum member for 21 years. Surely that is one piece of info that should be used to generate a default value for the tickbox? I can't be a child or I'd have registered before being born. And the fact it's not been an issue with me in the previous 21 years should also be considered. Can the people who generate these settings not think a little harder in the first place?

Regards,

Richard.

• Well...it does feel on brand for "madness" in March.  frown

• sewerynmajdasewerynmajda Posts: 12
    edited March 12

The result of this change will be PAs showcasing their products mainly - or exclusively - on mannequins, just to be safe.

Post edited by sewerynmajda on
  • https://www.daz3d.com/deranged-poses-for-genesis-9-feminine

Six out of eight pictures showcasing the product are marked as "mature content". Ridiculous.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 475

https://www.daz3d.com/fk-chrysalis-wings-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females Shows up as mature from the sales page, but when you open it none of the images are flagged as mature. I didn't see anything in the description text that seems to be mature, unless the word "chest" is considered mature (for a wing morph). That's just a body part and should not be mature. I think the filters need a bit of tweaking.

IMG_0035.png
    2224 x 1668 - 2M