Gone but Not Forgotten - SloshWerks

Comments

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,518

I own over half of his library, and never regretted one purchase. One of the very first renders I ever did was using one of his products. Back in July 2021 when the Shark tail came out it was only for males. This product https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base allowed me to use it on a female character. I know nothing about him other than the fact he was an absolutely amazing 3D artist with outstanding and diverse talent.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,045
    edited February 3

Several folks have mentioned the UV Swap (which is one of my favorites and every time he mentioned he wasn't going to do another I'd beg him to do it for me :D ). One thing that a lot of 3D artists usually just hate to do is UVs. It's a pain, it's not pretty, no one ever actually sees it. He *loved* doing UVs. Always cracked me up :D Of all the things XD

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,482
    edited February 3

I've been around the block a bit. 20 years doing this, and I've known a lot of people. And I've witnessed a lot of passings. 

I can honestly say none gutted me so badly as losing Brian. He still keeps crossing my mind, and I am sad for the loss. I never expected the news to come. He was a tough cookie who kept the most positive attitude with his health issues and just kept going on despite all of it. I admired his strength the most. I really honestly thought he'd just keep going.

A rarity online, I did think of him as a friend... the one that u can be comfy disagreeing with but put it aside and still be okay with each other all said and done. He was funny, down to earth and very talented with 3d. And we both had that Florida thing going, very similar in that way.

My deepest condolences to all his family, to his soulmate and all his friends. He will be greatly missed 

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

Although I haven't been active in the DAZ PA world in the last couple of years Brian and I have kept in touch and I considered him a dear friend. We met twice at DAZ conferences, chatted on line etc. He was always so generous with his time, help and encouragement when I was "stuck" on a project. He never once questioned my stubborn determination to not rely on sleazy/sexy to sell my 3d clothing sets and I loved him for that! He gifted me a lot of his wonderful creations and some of his promo renders were so beautiful I begged him to create fine art prints with them. Humble in his work, compelled to always strive for perfection ( many of his projects were never released because they just weren't perfect enough in his eyes).

I am sp grateful that his last few years he was able to build a wonderful life with Chad and the pups, rest easy Brian I hope with all my heart that you knew how much you were loved.

To Brians family, I truly hope you leave SloshWerx store in place for as long as possible, his environments in particular are timeless and are a wonderful tribute to his legacy.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited February 5

Another render to share:

Nap time in the Conservatory.

Nap time in the conservatory.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

I only met Slosh in person a couple of times at the old PA summits, but he always came across as a very smart, friendly guy. I still use his products all the time, especially his hair shader sets. My deepest sympathies and condolences to those who were close to him. He is a great loss to our community.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

I live in a cave and only just now heard this news. To say this is a devastation is an understatemnet. I met Slosh in 2019 at an inpromtu PA meetup we had. It felt like we knew each other instantly, like he was my brother. You know, the one you love dearly even if you bicker a lot? We probably annoyed everyone by whispering conspiratorially nonstop through an official meeting. Slosh was always helpful with anything he could give, and so very talented. All the love in the world goes out to him, his partner, and their families. 

• ZKuroZKuro Posts: 714
    edited February 5

I didn't know him, and as DesitnysGarden I live in a cave, I did not even finish the email, but is really shocking and sad hearing about someone who I only knew by the name and some products,  I can only give my sincere condolences to the family.

Post edited by ZKuro on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

I am seriously enjoying all the pictures.  Please continue posting them!!
    They are such a huge part of what we do!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I'm just now hearing about this and am sad to hear that we've lost such a wonderfully talented individual and a friend to many. I hadn't talked to Brian in years, but I remember conversations I had with him both before I became a PA here on the forum and after on Discord. He was strong-willed and always ready to lend advice or answer questions. He was such an incredibly talented person with a soul for creating beauty. I own many of his products (so many of them are among my all-time favorite products) and they're crafted with a wonderful attention to detail. He never put out a mediocre product but always went above and beyond - the attention to quality and great detail evident in his excellent works. A true artist! I'm thankful for his wonderful works, his willingness to answer questions, and his readiness to give advice. I'm so thankful for the time we had with him. Rest in peace, beautiful soul.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

I did not know him, but he had lots of cool products in the store.

I am again reminded of how few PA's I have communicated with, and how few whose face I can picture....

Deepest sympathy and prayes for the family.

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075

so bad news, condolences to everybody who knew him

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 208

I'm in love with the little stuffed cat that I'm seeing in several of these renders... I know it was a limited time freebie, but I don't suppose there would be a way to convice the Powers That Be to bring it back for sale, possibly with all proceeds going to Slosh's family? I know I'd be happy to buy it outright, and maybe others would as well... not to be morbid, but it might be a way to help his family cover any expenses to do with funeral arrangements, etc. I know that stuff can get expensive fast, and when you're grieving, it's one of the many last things you need to be worrying abut.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,121

SilverGirl said:

I'm in love with the little stuffed cat that I'm seeing in several of these renders... I know it was a limited time freebie, but I don't suppose there would be a way to convice the Powers That Be to bring it back for sale, possibly with all proceeds going to Slosh's family? I know I'd be happy to buy it outright, and maybe others would as well... not to be morbid, but it might be a way to help his family cover any expenses to do with funeral arrangements, etc. I know that stuff can get expensive fast, and when you're grieving, it's one of the many last things you need to be worrying abut.

Are you talking about Mokie? It comes with Colorwerks.

Mokie

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 208

butterflyfish said:

SilverGirl said:

Are you talking about Mokie? It comes with Colorwerks.

Mokie

Oh cool! I'm going to have to get that even though I have Colorwerks 3: Dye Another Day. I'm not sure if the original has any functionality that mine doesn't, but the cat alone is worth it. Thank you!!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

Lyoness said:

Be careful what you ask for! I have dozens dating back to 2015 at least. It is hard to find them all, though.

Mokie and friends

Legacies Mix

Mix of Legacy Heros G2 for G3

Original UHT

Vernea Fae

Triple Moon

Miranda's Ice Cream Parlor

Attic

Just Josh

Servico Station

Woodman House Bathroom

Chef

Private Eye Office

Cottage Porch

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,121

SilverGirl said:

Oh cool! I'm going to have to get that even though I have Colorwerks 3: Dye Another Day. I'm not sure if the original has any functionality that mine doesn't, but the cat alone is worth it. Thank you!!!

Welcome. Slosh was pretty awesome. smiley

@barbult Those are great! Wow!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,311
    edited February 8

A few years ago I created a Christmas pack for our picture guessing app, and Slosh's Santa's Toy Workshop was very useful for that. Here are just three of the pics I created using that product. I have almost 50 out of his 82 products, such was the quality of his work. Most of what I don't own are shapes and uv's for older figures I no longer use. He will be greatly missed.

Workshop01.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Christmas Elf.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Sack.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by Havos on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,095
    edited February 8

Lyoness said:

Here's an older one I did, featuring Woodman House: The Bathroom:

bathroom.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 877K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,692

Here are a few images I did with some of his great products.

Vernea Fae

Ktarya Bundle for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Female(s) and UHT2

Tripple Moon Cottage

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

• This is such a sad news. My condolences to his family and loved ones. He was a great artist.

• SkyewolfSkyewolf Posts: 474
    edited February 8

​I had forgotten about this one. This one used one of his clothing sets, The Pop Sensation outfit. I remember it used to be one of his favorites of mine. 

K-Pow Poses_Popup_10.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 752K
    Post edited by Skyewolf on
  • CapscesCapsces Posts: 465

Very sorry to hear about Sloshwerks. Unfortunately, I did not know him beyond his beautiful products. My condolences to his family.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of SloshWerks.

My heartfelt Condolences to his Family.

I did not know him personally, but he helped me once with a product of his that was not in the Store any more, and he just gifted it to me.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 793
    edited February 9

Very sadened to hear this , I loved his creations i have 10 but my favourites are the dForce Vernea Fae Outfit and Creppy old attic which i believe is one the best things in the entire store.

Gothic Courtyard

Misha falling off the wagon

Woodman House Bathroom

Vernea Fae outfit

Creepy old attic

princess with sword in gothic court.jpg
    440 x 600 - 163K
    ride the wind entry.jpg
    600 x 600 - 141K
    bathroom at night-Edit.jpg
    460 x 600 - 67K
    eden in the mirror.jpg
    445 x 600 - 82K
    doll and props in attic.jpg
    400 x 600 - 83K
    Post edited by Pitmatic on
  • emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 494
    edited February 11

This is very sad news. He will remain in everyone's memory with his beautiful products. 

Used:

Medical Center Waiting Room

Genesis 8 UV Swap: Male and Female Base

slosh1-dforce1c.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 900K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,535

I've known Slosh/ShoshWerks/Brian since before I became a PA back in 2015, as he was a member of the BWC, the Bald Wizards Club. I do miss him dearly, I always used to call him Bvian (you who understand, understand).
    He was a very nice guy, and a very good PA with a great attention to details. 

He will be missed.

• Took me a while to find this post as I was out of country and then sick myself (still sick and half bed confined, but I am grateful for the health I do have). Slosh was generous with talent, friendship, acts of kindness, and bursts of genius and humble humor. The kind of person you always keep hoping things will turn around and reward them with good karma for all the goodness they've shared in the world. Such a legacy Slosh has left behind though- the products and the art, the multitude of folks who remember so many good moments.  Slosh will certainly be missed, and remembered warmly.

• RainRain Posts: 335

I own at least a dozen of his products and love them.  When I had trouble installing one of them he went out of his way to help.  I love seeing all these renders with his products.  He will be missed. My heart goes out to his family.