Gone but Not Forgotten - SloshWerks

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,768

I wish a hug could be felt through words. SloshWerks and his products always give me a warm hug when I see them. As I am hand selecting products to install on a new computer, his were 100% installed and as I looked at them I remember the wonder and joy they brought to me. Even the utility ones like the UV Swaps. A strawberry to invite a psychic rat to breakfast with for an author. And it was written into the story. The hair shaders, oh so much fun. The 'Specials' he did that I love. The detailed and delicate creations that will live on forever.

To his love, his family and all his friends around the world, know he brought joy and happiness into our world.

Mary

• BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 307

Thoughts and much love to his beloved and his loved ones .. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. The digital world has lost a great talent. :( x

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited January 31

Artini said:

Another great item from him: https://www.daz3d.com/servico-vintage-gas-station

Beat me to the punch.   In story telling,  "Servco" is my goto set for showing cars & trucks from the era.

Of course every imaginary city needs a private eye since I like mysteries.  Another set I still use.

https://www.daz3d.com/private-eye-bundle

(old render from around 2019 or 2020 I think)

Sloshwerks is also how I got my start with props-- still use them.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-werks-mega-prop-pack

The list could go on.

Humble condolences to his friends, family and loved ones.

With respect

--Bruce 

IMG_0709.png
    1949 x 1462 - 4M
    Post edited by Tynkere on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,354

Such sad news. A great talent has been lost. While I didn't know him personally, I have many of his products and they are all of superb quality.

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,553

I first met Slosh more than 10 years ago in the PA chat room. He became a good friend, always a bright spot in the chat room, even when going through his trials and tribulations. He was a wellspring of talent that was always second guessing himself, third guessing himself, and shelving so many projects that could have been great. He was always too conscious of other products and shelved his that could have had some similarity to another PA set. I have most of his sets and I wish my renders could have incorporated them more. They are superb and always a pleasure to render. Slosh will be missed.

• Gonna make a nice render tomorrow. Hope you like it as much as Iliked using your assets, #Sloshwerks... that is, if #thedaz allows that render to be posted to my gallery.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,091
    edited January 31

"Good Night Mokie"

GoodNightMokie.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 1013K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Awe... this is such sad news... I feel for his family... I will be praying for you all.

I have over half his products in my runtime and I enjoy each and every product he made :)  I will try and post an artwork.

Stay well everyone... Llola hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,363

I have many times praised Slosh's SPEX for Genesis as the best glasses product I've had the pleasure to use, and indeed it's the eyewear I've used for most of my bespectacled characters:

Gallery Link

Despite its age - and indeed being Slosh's first product at Daz - it's got so many adjustment and shaping morphs that it's still fully usable on newer models with a little repositioning (and some fresh Iray shaders), and shouldn't be overlooked.

Things like the UV Swaps he made to transfer male and female skins between the gendered bases were also fantastically useful (e.g https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base) - although very often for the less obvious functionality of transferring morphs between the base using UV reference, which was something I've often used to help get familial likenesses on the Genesis 8 figures without the temperamental vertex matching.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059

Really sad news. He was a great artist and seemed like a great person.

My condolences to his family and friends.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,340

What sad news. It is only made better by the fact that he was able to go peacefully and well accompanied, and that his shop remains with us. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends, and also to his fellow friends here at Daz. Thank you for so many wonderful and useful models, Slosh, and rest in peace.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I am still reeling from this. Slosh was a dear friend and he left us all too soon. His work always delighted me, and he was fun to be around and I have such wonderful momories of him. What I am grateful for is that he was my friend, and that he had been truly happy these last few years. I remember watching Shirley Temple in The Bluebird as a child. In it, the grandparents, long gone, wake up because someone was remembering and thinking of them. Dear Slosh, I am sure you will have many wakeful moments. I will always love and remember you.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I am very sorry. I am sad to hear that.

His work is among my favorite work in the DAZ Store. I looked forward to his new products the most as they were always something unexpected but so nice. I can't even pick a favorite product he made, it's like trying to pick your favorite ice cream.

Sloshwerks, thanks for your great trouble free work for we customers.

• alkenalken Posts: 253

Such sad news. My condolences to his friends and family. I love his legacy shapes and hair shaders, which I use quite often.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Sad to hear this. My condolences.

• My condolences to all who knew him.

I've a few of his sets because I think they're fab, and I know others think the same because I've seen them used time and time again in visual novels and other places. Well made, distinct and easy to flavour. They've already made their mark and will make more to come. A good legacy to leave.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    edited January 31

my condolences to family and friends

I never had the pleasure to interact with him directly but I use his products on a regular base, the intersteller Patrol was present in part one of my comic every other image

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,783

Sad news, condolences to family and friends.

Clicked on Sloshwerks store, with items hidden that I owned, showed 42 out of 82 items, which means I have 40 of Sloshwerks wonderful items !

Live on in our memories and our renders !!

• ElorElor Posts: 724

My condoleances to his family and to anyone who knew him and I hope all the great memories you built with him will help dealing with the sorrow of his passing.

• This is such sad news. I'm thinking of his family and friends, and now that I've just scanned through his store to remind myself, I'm realizing what a huge part of my ongoing project Sloshwerks' stuff is. I use the ColorWerks Hair Shaders in nearly every project I do and the dForce Vernea Fae outfit is a big part of the costume for one of my characters. I'll attach a somewhat jokey tribute to the cover of Uncanny X-Men #274 that I did in November/December, which features the Vernea Fae outfit on the redheaded witch in the background. 

The Lost Triad 274.jpg
    1238 x 1920 - 4M
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited January 31

I'm so sorry to hear this. Back when he first started as a PA, I wound up corresponding with him a fair amount. He was always helpful and gracious, and I know that I've used his works frequently. There are only 14 items of his that I don't own, and some of those unowned are because they're either bundles of things I do have, or individual items that were included in bundles I bought.

Using Miranda's Ice Cream Parlor https://www.daz3d.com/miranda-s-ice-cream-parlor

Sweet Sue at the sweet shop

and Naval Uniform G2M (which included that pose) https://www.daz3d.com/naval-uniform-for-genesis-2-male-s

Kiss - Naval Uniform G2M

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Sad to hear this. My condolences to his loved ones, family and friends. Thank you to the PAs for sharing their experiences of him here. Whenever I create a render, it always feels like a collaboration. And in my mind, I always think of the various artist items as so-and-so's set/dress/character as they take their part in the scene and bring it to life. 
    I have more than a third of Sloshwerks's products in the store, with many many favorites in there. Now when I think of Sloshwerks' items in my renders, I have a few more details about him as an artist, a person, a friend loved and liked that will infuse those thoughts, thanks to these posts. A way of remembering him alongside his artistry for even those like me who didn't know him.

• NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 149

Sad news!  Condolensces to his family and friends of which it sounds like he had many here.  I really enjoy using the hair shaders he's created and can see that he put a lot of effort into the quality of his work.  He will be missed. 

• SkyewolfSkyewolf Posts: 474

A few Christmases ago, Slosh gifted me his Toymaker's set. I remember him working on it and sharing the experience and being rather awed at the speed at which he was able to create something so detailed thinking to myself "I am never going to be able to do that." He is one of the people that inspired me to try modeling my own props and environments, and, while I am not as good at it as he was, nor as speedy, I definitely have him to thank for making me believe enough in myself to think I could do it. Here's the Christmas render I put together using that set and his Vernea outfit. 

Damn I miss him...

133430018_2816911091900105_1652166756732790570_n.jpg
    1440 x 890 - 309K
  • SkyewolfSkyewolf Posts: 474
    edited January 31

A few Christmases ago, Slosh gifted me his Toymaker's set. I remember him working on it and sharing the experience and being rather awed at the speed at which he was able to create something so detailed thinking to myself "I am never going to be able to do that." He is one of the people that inspired me to try modeling my own props and environments, and, while I am not as good at it as he was, nor as speedy, I definitely have him to thank for making me believe enough in myself to think I could do it. Here's the Christmas render I put together using that set and his Vernea outfit. 

Damn I miss him...

Post edited by Skyewolf on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,727

Slosh could make anything. And he did. I enjoy all 51 of his products I bought. Michael 4 for G2M was a lifesaver years ago. UHT saved many hairs for me when Iray arrived. The Legacies series gave us needed morphs when Genesis 3 was new. And UV Swap gave me more skins to choose from for males. I was eagerly awaiting his next release.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

I didn't have the pleasure of ever talking to him, but I remember when he was sharing his promos for the French Quarter products and feeling very impressed. So much so that I bought them when they hit the store. I have been an avid user of his colorwerks hair shaders as well. He will be missed amongst the ranks of PAs, and I wish to extend my condolences to his loved ones.

Here, I'm sharing some promos wherein I've had the honor of using his excellent products:

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,167

I was so sorry to hear this news. I'd like to send my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

As a mere customer, I never met him, but I love his work. The UV products and the UHT and Colorwerks hair shaders are in pretty much constant use by me on older products. The Vernea Fae outfit is one of my favourites, I collected all the French Quarter sets and use them quite a lot and I have a number of other Sloshwerks products. (I was relieved to hear that the store will remain open as I still have a couple on the wishlist awaiting sufficient funds.)

The attached render doesn't really do his products justice (they were just quickie renders to try out the Vernea Fae and French Quarter when I first bought them) but I'll post them anyway.

Chrizzlers-Corner-Vernea.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 631K
    Streets-of-Venice-Vernea.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 751K
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

My condolences to his family.

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.