Gone but Not Forgotten - SloshWerks

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,508

A great loss to the community, my condolences to his family and loved ones.

• My deepest condolences to his family and friends! I never knew him personally but have accumulated quite some products over the time. Here are some works featuring his products, which never disappoint me:

Using https://www.daz3d.com/breakfast-in-bed

Using https://www.daz3d.com/colorwerks-extreme-hair-texture-blending-for-iray-and-dforce-hair

Using https://www.daz3d.com/colorwerks-hair-shaders-for-iray

Using https://www.daz3d.com/sw-cottage-porch

• There are so many wonderful people here he will live through.

RestWell3.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
  • chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,199

Slosh was a sweet and talented soul.  We used to chat every so often in discord, sometimes about our projects, sometimes about life or health.  He was sensitive and caring, and sometimes he was way too hard on himself. 

I used to have a folder just for him, where I'd save images I thought maybe he could do when he was looking for inspiration.  There was one in particular I had found that spoke to him and would have been easy enough for him to finish.  He could of redesigned his crypt,but he never got to it.  Maybe he felt it was cheating since half was done already or maybe he felt he couldn't do it the way he wanted to.  Anyways.. its pretty, I know he liked it,  and it will always make me think of him.  I will miss him :(

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N5PLAd

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,170

I'm so sorry to hear that Sloshwerks is gone. My condolences to his family and friends, from reading this it sounds like he was a wonderful person, and having several of his products I know he was skilled and amazing creator.

• Can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. There's a short list of vendors who when I see their name I don't have to question the product, I just know it will be good and I can use it. Slosh was definitely on that list. I also echo the other poster about Spex for Genesis. I still use it too over a decade later. Great products made by a great individual, if nothing else, his memory will live on in our work.

• I'm so sorry to hear this news. What an incredibly talented soul. He will be missed.

• Of the more than 80 products by SloshWorks, I have almost half of them.  I have 39 of them, with 43 others of his that I don't own (yet?) and of those 43, 7 of those are on my wishlist.

Yeah, he will be missed.  sad

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,441

I am so, so sorry to hear this sad news.  It sounds like he was a wonderful person with a beautiful legacy.

Sloshwerks' products have always been amazing, I use them all the time.  Here are just a few pieces that I made with some of his products that I could think of offhand.  Some of them are older, but I just wanted to show how his works always made a picture better.

SW French Quarter - Lindy's Corner

dForce Vernea Fae Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

And Santa's Toy Workshop

And of course, I use his ColorWerks Extreme: Hair Texture Blending for Iray and dForce Hair in almost every single render I make.  I seriously don't know what I would do without that product.

My condolences to his family and friends in this time. 

• Thank you for inspiring him, Sloshwerks Family. I'm at a loss for any other words as he inspired me greatly and I'm only Rendering this scene because you need to know he helped and motivated me in troubled times.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,363

In going over SloshWerks's catalogue yesterday, I realised I had his L'Envie for Genesis 3 Females set, but never really used it.

And well, I've got a whole series that started as putting lingerie sets I've forgotten to use on one of my centaurs, so there was only one proper thing to do:

Gallery Link

• DisabledAmericanVeteran said:

Thank you for inspiring him, Sloshwerks Family. I'm at a loss for any other words as he inspired me greatly and I'm only Rendering this scene because you need to know he helped and motivated me in troubled times. (*sorry about that, I forgot his fabulous breakfast)

Thank You For Your Inspirations Sloshwerks Family 2hd.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • PhloxPhlox Posts: 95

Gosh, what sad news. Sloshworks created some of my favourite products - such great quality and exceptional attention to detail. My condolences to his family and friends.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,692
    edited February 1

This is really sad news. Slosh was such a wonderful soul. I didn't know him personally, but I did have a couple of brief interactions with him here on the forums. I will never forget his kind words in respnse to a render I did simply to show how great his UHT Hair Shaders were. His comments were a huge confidence booster, which inspired me to work even harder to improve my renders.

The overwhelming resonse from the PA's who actually knew him here has totally reinforced my opinions from my brief encounters with him. He obiously had a much greater influence on the DAZ community than I realized. I will always carry his kind words in my heart.

Godspeed, you will not be forgotten!

Post edited by DustRider on
  • emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 494

This is very sad news. I am a simple user, I never met him, but from the posts on this forum I gather that he was creative, good and much loved. He will remain in everyone's memory with his beautiful products. 

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,230

Slosh left us much too soon. I didn't know him personally, but we met in the PA chat and he was always nice, helpful, friendly, and easygoing. He mentioned when he was going through rough times, but he never whined or complained. Instead, he was incredibly productive. He was so talented! A lot of his products live in my DS library and I really enjoy using them. I wish he could have stayed with us longer. He will be missed.
    My deepest condolences to his friends and family!

•    Wow, just terrible news, I never met him either but I would always admire the quality of his work when he released a product to the store, and I can tell he touched a lot of people here by reading all the comments, my deepest condolences to his family and friends!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

It is very sad news. I only interacted with him a couple of times, but I appreciated his kindness and patience in our conversations. Out of my total collection, the one non-character asset I still use, more than any other, is his Intersteller Patrol sets. I've used them, so far, in easily over a 1,000 rendrers.

He will be missed.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Such sad news! My condolences to his family and loved ones.

I didn't know him personally, but I'm an avid fan of his work. Buying his products always was a no brainer, because they are quality, versatile and inspirational.

• So sad.

What better way to celebrate what he gave us than with a picture or two?

Thank you.

Richard

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited February 1

My condolences to the family and friends.  He will be missed.  I will try to dig up some pictures when I get home tomorrow.  

My very favorite product(s) of all time is Colorwerks 3 and Colorwerks Extreme!!  I believe that the hair color in my avatar is with Colorwerks.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited February 1

Rendered today in honor of Slosh, using his SW Cottage Porch. Yes he will be missed around here. I add my condolences to his family, partner and friends.

Child SW Cottage Porch.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • 3anson3anson Posts: 313
    edited February 2

Brian was agood egg I am gonna miss him

Post edited by 3anson on
  • Brian was hands down one of my favorite PA's who became a very dear friend to me over the many years we have known one another. He saw me through some very hard times I would not have made it through  without his company , humor and kind heart. We shared stories , jokes and just life over the time I have known him. We didn't talk every day but when we did it was like we had never let any time pass. That is the mark of a good friend. I sent Christmas gifts to he and Mokie , his cat, which he fussed at me about for weeks because the catnip ball I sent to Mokie drove Mokie wild and Mokie kept hitting it under the fridge and yowling at him to get it. He bugged me for months until I sang on Smule ( yes he won , I sang karoake lol ) and exchanged pics of our pets and even my Grandbaby. I will so miss our lighthearted and often funny exchanges. Fly high Brian. You are already so dearly missed.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

I didn't know him personally, time to time he may have replied to a comment I had made or sometimes I would asked him advice on some of his legacy products. But Sloshwerks was always a very friendly Pa's that would not mingling in, sharing his knowledge and experience in 3d world helping others .  He will be missed.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,670
    edited February 2

One of my favorite vendors, I will miss him. My condolences to family and friends.

Here is a 2013 render of the first product of his I bought, the M4 morph for GM2.

mike shaw at the spaceport.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 525K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 208

I'm just starting out, and never had a chance to meet him, but I have several of his creations in my collection, and more that I've wishlisted. His hair shader finally made one of my characters look like herself, and that was a very good day. 

Wishing peace and comforting memories to all who loved him.

• His Naval Uniform for the G2 male, for us sailors aka "Crackerjacks", was by far the best I've ever seen anywhere! Makes an old fart sailor like me proud. I feel bad I never got to let him know how awesome it was or of his other creations.

• DAZ_SteveDAZ_Steve Posts: 21

I met Slosh in Park City, Utah when I was still relatively new to Daz.  It was amazing to get to know him and interact with him over the years.  

Hearing of his passing really is a wake-up call to me.  There is no way he knew how much our friendship meant to me.  There are a lot of PA's that I need to do so much better with, and not hide my emotions so much.  Thank you Slosh, for teaching me one last lesson :)

It was so neat to see him become so happy in recent years in his new city, with his new life, and his adorable dog :)

I'll see you again my friend.  Until then, be well.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,948

Did not know him, but wow, it seems that he lived an exceptionally fulfilling life, and he left it surrounded by loved ones who were fortunate to have known him, and a community that will always remember him!