Half my "wish list" is gone... anyone else???

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

paulawp (marahzen) said:

My wishlist is hovering in the 20-30 range. At this point, it's all either too new to have come up for sale yet plus a few Daz+ oldies that i know, any minute, will be super cheap. Today's "Exciting Environments" whittled down several. 

Environments are my weakness... and shaders... Luckily I was able to get another gift certificate... whew ;)  ... A shopping I will goooooooooooooo!!!!

• Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

My wishlist is hovering in the 20-30 range. At this point, it's all either too new to have come up for sale yet plus a few Daz+ oldies that i know, any minute, will be super cheap. Today's "Exciting Environments" whittled down several. 

Environments are my weakness... and shaders... Luckily I was able to get another gift certificate... whew ;)  ... A shopping I will goooooooooooooo!!!!

OMG, so me too! I would buy like twice as many as I do except I try to strictly stick to environments that are relevant to one of my working stories. (I slip up occasionally and impulse buy things I have no use for whatsoever, but I try my best to be good.) 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,593

No worries, for a while my wishlist dropped below 1600 items, but is back to 1768 cheeky

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    My wishlist is about 4900. I wishlist pretty much anything I could imagine needing. On the many times the poor search engine fails me & I have time to search, I look through it to find items.

PerttiA said:

No worries, for a while my wishlist dropped below 1600 items, but is back to 1768 cheeky

uhh ohh... seems like I'm not the only one paruzing the forums... lol

tsarist said:

My wishlist is about 4900. I wishlist pretty much anything I could imagine needing. On the many times the poor search engine fails me & I have time to search, I look through it to find items.

OMG... insert a faint emogi here please... lol.  Although.. I'm sure mine would be that big too if I included EVERYTHING I'd like to have in the store... but I'm being thrifty... G9/8 stuff only these days... I have plenty of older stuff that I've never even used in artwork :(  ... Sad... I know.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OMG, so me too! I would buy like twice as many as I do except I try to strictly stick to environments that are relevant to one of my working stories. (I slip up occasionally and impulse buy things I have no use for whatsoever, but I try my best to be good.) 

I have soooo many environments that I'll never use them all... I'm trying to be good and render artwork with them...but most of them are rooms... dining.. bed... bath... etc... so my artwork comes out booooooooooring!  I had intended to create artwork for SapphireBlue's thread "Render your buys!" .. but.. Then the sale contest happened... Luckily she's keep the thread going.. whew.  I'll get there eventually.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,382

With today's sale my wishlist is basically down to zero -- all gone except for one item that I'm not particularly interested in and is there simply as a placeholde to maintain a wishlis for DAZ Deals.

Charlie Judge said:

With today's sale my wishlist is basically down to zero -- all gone except for one item that I'm not particularly interested in and is there simply as a placeholde to maintain a wishlis for DAZ Deals.

Oh WOW... so proud of you Charlie Judge... just don't look at the forums... It will get back up again... lol.  I've been paruzing and finding stuff I didn't even know exhisted!  My wishlist is back up to 55 again (sighs)... I feel like I'm on a teeter totter... lol

• Charlie Judge said:

I'm still building my cart for the weekend, but it looks like it will be close here, too. Likely a single-digit number left, consisting of a few newer things that aren't old enough to have come back on sale.  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

I'm still building my cart for the weekend, but it looks like it will be close here, too. Likely a single-digit number left, consisting of a few newer things that aren't old enough to have come back on sale.  

I keep automatically dumping anything that I think is interesting but badly overpriced into my wishlist in hopes of another wishlist sale that stacks well... which is to say that it's now mostly stuff that I wouldn't touch unless the sale price was a minimum of 80+% off.  If it wasn't for that, though, my wishlist, which is currently sitting at 128 items, would be empty.  By comparison, my once insanely large Renderosity wishlist has been whittled down to a little over 800 items.... about quarter of which are clearance items waiting for their next big clearance sale.       

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,382

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

I did my purchase yesterday because a number of the offers were listed as "Today Only" However, luckily for you those offers are still availble in today's sale. 

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

Single digits. 7 left. Was 30 three or four days ago. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

Single digits. 7 left. Was 30 three or four days ago. 

WOW... you must be getting great deals!!!  I just dumped a bunch off my wish list... but I'm still over 40 items.  (sighs)

edited October 2023

Cybersox said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

I keep automatically dumping anything that I think is interesting but badly overpriced into my wishlist in hopes of another wishlist sale that stacks well... which is to say that it's now mostly stuff that I wouldn't touch unless the sale price was a minimum of 80+% off.  If it wasn't for that, though, my wishlist, which is currently sitting at 128 items, would be empty.  By comparison, my once insanely large Renderosity wishlist has been whittled down to a little over 800 items.... about quarter of which are clearance items waiting for their next big clearance sale.       

I haven't bought anything over there in months... Daz gets most of my $$$s.  My wish list over there sits and doesn't even get looked at most of the time.  :(  Always something new here that attracts my attention... and $$$s.  lol

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Only 50 items? Wow I wish I had a tiny wishlist LOL Mine is like 1191 items and that is *after* the wishlist sale. Granted, I should go through it and delete the old items from way back and I'll never get. But I use the wishlist to keep track of items that are new but I'm going to wait until a better sale or when I've got the money. I feel like if I don't do that, I'll never find them again with this fantastic search store feature we have :) 

Nosiferret said:

Only 50 items? Wow I wish I had a tiny wishlist LOL Mine is like 1191 items and that is *after* the wishlist sale. Granted, I should go through it and delete the old items from way back and I'll never get. But I use the wishlist to keep track of items that are new but I'm going to wait until a better sale or when I've got the money. I feel like if I don't do that, I'll never find them again with this fantastic search store feature we have :) 

WOW... I realized long ago... if everything on my wishlist went on sale for a dollar... I'd need over $1,000.00 to buy it all... lol.  So I keep it... small..ish.  ;)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766
    edited October 2023

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

I haven't bought anything over there in months... Daz gets most of my $$$s.  My wish list over there sits and doesn't even get looked at most of the time.  :(  Always something new here that attracts my attention... and $$$s.  lol

Unfortunately, DAZ decided to go whole-hog in on Genesis 9 and I'm still not feeling a lot of love for the inverted 6's, with most of the characters that I've really liked having been more toony than realistic.  That's not to say that I haven't bought a goodly bit of that stuff, but it's mostly been with the intent of retro-fitting it to the Genesis 8 and 3 lines.  Rendo, on the other hand, is still pumping out a lot of new product for 8 and even 3, and there are a number of prop and environment artists over there who're tackling the kind of esoteric projects that DAZ doesn't seem interested in (that's a guess based on the fact that some formerly DAZ exclusive artists are publishing there now.)  Honestly, at this point there's very little left in the DAZ store that I'm interested in buying for less than 70% off except for new items coming in, so Rendo's back catalog is reaping the benefit. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,747

I had a large wishlist, since I've been a customer for 20 years. Awhile ago I cleaned out the list. Now I have 8 items. They don't look too compelling, so I will delete them.

Ron Knights said:

I had a large wishlist, since I've been a customer for 20 years. Awhile ago I cleaned out the list. Now I have 8 items. They don't look too compelling, so I will delete them.

I'm sure half of my wish list I don't really 'need'... My runtime is swimming with stuff I've never even used.... yet ;)  

Cybersox said:

Unfortunately, DAZ decided to go whole-hog in on Genesis 9 and I'm still not feeling a lot of love for the inverted 6's, with most of the characters that I've really liked having been more toony than realistic.  That's not to say that I haven't bought a goodly bit of that stuff, but it's mostly been with the intent of retro-fitting it to the Genesis 8 and 3 lines.  Rendo, on the other hand, is still pumping out a lot of new product for 8 and even 3, and there are a number of prop and environment artists over there who're tackling the kind of esoteric projects that DAZ doesn't seem interested in (that's a guess based on the fact that some formerly DAZ exclusive artists are publishing there now.)  Honestly, at this point there's very little left in the DAZ store that I'm interested in buying for less than 70% off except for new items coming in, so Rendo's back catalog is reaping the benefit. 

There are a few artists over there that I really enjoy purchasing from... Some I miss cause they've passed away... Here and there and other places... I'm not too worried about content.. I have enough to keep me busy for years to come if I never buy anything ever again... (which is NOT gonna happen... lol)

Well... those sales didn't help me get my wish list down... I started this thread with 23 items ... and I now have 77!  You do the math... HOW did I end up with more stuff on my list than when I started???  lol.  More Genesis 9 stuff... and I've bought a bunch already.  My problem is/was... reading the forums and looking at all the wonderful artworks.  I just HAD to have stuff... Wishlisted for future reference... lol.  I'm such an easy sell!!!

• I'm at 14 items, 13 of which are new since mid September.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I'm at 14 items, 13 of which are new since mid September.

I may ditch some... after a second look I may not really WANT some items.  Just was a surprise to see I ended up with more on my wishlist than when I started this thread... LOL  chaa chiiiiiiiiing!

• About one third of my wishlist of 40 is to remind me of items I actually want to make for myself, and don't want the bit in the wishlist. They remind me of fillers for sets that I think are incomplete, that sort of thing. Not sure if I ever shall make the things as I'm working on a set of themed models to illustrate a story I have in mind. We shall see.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

About one third of my wishlist of 40 is to remind me of items I actually want to make for myself, and don't want the bit in the wishlist. They remind me of fillers for sets that I think are incomplete, that sort of thing. Not sure if I ever shall make the things as I'm working on a set of themed models to illustrate a story I have in mind. We shall see.

Regards,

Richard

ah yes.. I have a few things on my wish list that are IDEAS... but yes... I'm not sure I will ever get to make them.  We shall see here too :) 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Mm, I started the PA sale with about 35 items in my wishlist. I bought a lot ot them, but now have (guess what?) 35 again. That's the fault of the forums too - so many products old and new brought to my attention!

• MelanieL said:

Mm, I started the PA sale with about 35 items in my wishlist. I bought a lot ot them, but now have (guess what?) 35 again. That's the fault of the forums too - so many products old and new brought to my attention!

Here's the sad thing.I did that - a lot: "Ooh, that's cool, never noticed that thing before but I need that..." And I still ended up with about half as many items as I started the PA sale with because I bought stuff with unchecked abandon for weeks ...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,593

When they came up with the first wishlist discount, I had maybe 200 items on the list. Ever since I have thrown everything I have thought I might buy (if the price was low enough) in to the wishlist and it has 1892 items now blush

Oh my goodness... I guess I'm not the only one with a wishlist seesaw... lol. 

1892... Was that a good year???  lol.   I don't know HOW you keep track of it all PerttiA