Half my "wish list" is gone... anyone else???

Ha... the sales have been so killer the last few days that I've bought nearly everything on my wish list!  I'm down to only 23 items... I had over 50 at the beginning of the sale but with the discounts and great prices it's hard to pass up items that are under $5.00 each!  We need a PA challenge contest so I can start making art with all I've bought! 

Anyone else's wish list getting down??? 

Comments

• A lot of my wish list is new items - i had knocked it down to single digits briefly a few weeks ago.

That has not stopped me from buying not just truckloads but trainloads of stuff in this sale. smiley

• You only had 50 items? My wishlist has 311... That's after removing tons of G8 stuff (trying to keep up with latest gen). I guess wishlist sale makes me think it's better to be on it than not. I'm trying to make that last 20% off gift certificate last until the end of the year! I did splurge a ton with ultrascenery this month. It's 1/2 gone, but so many new features and ecologies to try! So many tutorials to get through... Someday I'll know what I'm doing! Lol

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

paulawp (marahzen) said:

A lot of my wish list is new items - i had knocked it down to single digits briefly a few weeks ago.

That has not stopped me from buying not just truckloads but trainloads of stuff in this sale. smiley

I hear ya... I'm not buying anything below G8... I have tons that I've not even used of the older stuff... But yes.. I'm with ya... choo choooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Shimrian said:

You only had 50 items? My wishlist has 311... That's after removing tons of G8 stuff (trying to keep up with latest gen). I guess wishlist sale makes me think it's better to be on it than not. I'm trying to make that last 20% off gift certificate last until the end of the year! I did splurge a ton with ultrascenery this month. It's 1/2 gone, but so many new features and ecologies to try! So many tutorials to get through... Someday I'll know what I'm doing! Lol

Hum.. til the end of the year???  That's 3 months away and a few more sales to go... Good luck... I bought a HUGE gift certificate last month and with the new lion sets it's all gone!  Bought another with this recent gc sale.. I'm TRYING to be picky and choosy what to buy... I think I'm winning... I think???  lol

Trying not to let my wish list get out of hand.. If I have too much then my brain hurts... lol.  I'm down to G9 stuff now... waiting for sales (fingers crossed)... but then again... that will use up my gift certificate... again!  sheesh....

Ya know.. I'm kinda having fun playing with the prices... seeing how low can I get my cart to go!!!  I feel sorry for the PAs though... lol

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074

I've been playing with Daz for too short (just 1.5 year) to have such a small wishlist. Mine is still bloated. And limited budget at the moment doesn't allow me to make a huge dent in it... but I did pick up some nice things for even nicer prices. (I'd love to be in position to pay more for the PA's hard work, though, so I hope they'll at least making a killing in the amount of orders with people using the discounts to shop.)

• Oh, children, children.  Single digits, double digits, tripple digits?  Mine is 1816 and mine is small by comparison to some.  I really need to get everything pre G9 off of it.

billyben_0077a25354 said:

Oh, children, children.  Single digits, double digits, tripple digits?  Mine is 1816 and mine is small by comparison to some.  I really need to get everything pre G9 off of it.

Yeah... I thought I've been hovering  around 1900 but now I'm over 2200... I'm hesitant to get rid of pre-G9, because some figures and outfits are quite unique and there's no guarantee they will be remade for G9 or that something similar will appear. I should, though, have a closer look at different hair styles that are very similar etc.

Oh, children, children.  Single digits, double digits, tripple digits?  Mine is 1816 and mine is small by comparison to some.  I really need to get everything pre G9 off of it.

OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!  (faints)  That just boggles my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW

joanna said:

I've been playing with Daz for too short (just 1.5 year) to have such a small wishlist. Mine is still bloated. And limited budget at the moment doesn't allow me to make a huge dent in it... but I did pick up some nice things for even nicer prices. (I'd love to be in position to pay more for the PA's hard work, though, so I hope they'll at least making a killing in the amount of orders with people using the discounts to shop.)

I hope the PAs make a killing on quantity also!  (fingers crossed... for the PAs... chaa chiiiiiiiiing!!!)

joanna said:

Yeah... I thought I've been hovering  around 1900 but now I'm over 2200... I'm hesitant to get rid of pre-G9, because some figures and outfits are quite unique and there's no guarantee they will be remade for G9 or that something similar will appear. I should, though, have a closer look at different hair styles that are very similar etc.

Been at this almost 10 years... My runtime is so full I have 2 hard drives of content!!!  In the beginning I was rendering every day... Now I'm about every other day.  I'm not buying anything except G9 that is unusual... Most of G8 can be fitted to G9 so no need to buy the same stuff over and over.  ;)  

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

I think I bought more in the last week than I did in the previous year. My wishlist is down to a few items that I don't even really need, and I ended up buying a lot of stuff that was never on my wishlist just because the prices were so good. This is probably the best sale that I can remember.

• I keep buying stuff not on my wishlist! I ended up caving on the sale today and got a bundle (+2 other DAZ items). The bundle was not on my list, but it's perfect for an image I wasted to create with a freebie I got a while back. Now my wishlist has new follow up items on it based on the bundle I bought (Daz horse 3 bundle). So no, my wishlist is not getting smaller! 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,524

I used to have some 250-300 items on my wishlist, but after they started with the wishlist sales, I have wishlisted a "few" more items. At the moment 1618 items on my wishlist - Was 1800+ last week

• I flat-out admit it - there just aren't 1800 things left in the Daz store that I need ...

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797
    edited September 2023

while my whishlist is on the decline (two pages left) my library is getting more an more bloated ..

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 826
    edited September 2023

I am down to 11, and unless there are some really nice historical items that would work well on G8.1, I do not see it growing apart from scene fillers, shaders, enviroments and an occasional PS brush-set. A The Row House release is almost always tempting though.

Post edited by BlueFingers on
  • I have a wishlist of 53. About half are on sale at the moment, but as there is little chance of me getting them even at these quite good prices, I may as well delete them from the list because I obviously don't want them all that much.

I have three G9 products on my list and, despite buying the only G9 character that interested me this year, I remain unenthuseastic and totally apethetic about G9. So, I may as well get rid of them too. Looking at it, I have as many Victoria 3 items on my wishlist as I have G9, and I'm more likely to buy & use them too.

A few items are there to remind me about certain poses that I want to experiment with, but have been there for well over a year, so I'm not that bothered about them, really. May as well get rid of them too.

That should cut my wishlist down to a very small number.

Regards,

Richard

Llola Lane said:

joanna said:

Been at this almost 10 years... My runtime is so full I have 2 hard drives of content!!!  In the beginning I was rendering every day... Now I'm about every other day.  I'm not buying anything except G9 that is unusual... Most of G8 can be fitted to G9 so no need to buy the same stuff over and over.  ;)  

What I meant is that I'm keeping my G8 in the wishlist, because they might not appear in G9 version. :) 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367
    edited September 2023

I bought some stuff off the wishlist, yes,  the number came down but  then added more new stuff on to it.   

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

FirstBastion said:

I bought some stuff off the wishlist, yes,  the number came down but  then added more new stuff on to it.   

Same here. 

• Likewise, over half of my wishlist is gone...

Still have 352 items left, though.

Yeah. It WAS that big! Had 7 pages @ 120 items per. Now, just three.

SnowSultan said:

I think I bought more in the last week than I did in the previous year. My wishlist is down to a few items that I don't even really need, and I ended up buying a lot of stuff that was never on my wishlist just because the prices were so good. This is probably the best sale that I can remember.

ditto... once you play the 'dance' of discounts  ;)  Like I said... now I just need time to render everything I've bought... lol

@ Shimrian ... I got the Daz Horse 3 Bundle too (one thing that was not on my wishlist)

@PerttiA and paulawp (marahzen) ... I don't see 1800 items that I NEED either... But there are a lot of items I'm buying 'just because'... lol

@Linwelly ... mine is so bloated I need 2 hard drives!

@BlueFingers ... shaders and environments are my weakness too... I'll buy them (at a good price) even if they aren't on my wishlist.  

@richardandtracy ... WOW... V3???  Although if I wanna do a quick render I do find myself pulling out V4/M4 just cause they load quicker and render fast... lol I've bought a few of RawArt's G9 characters and of course grabbed the free ones... but yeah.. I guess I was expecting more "G9 can be turned into anything"

@Ryuu@AMcCF ... Maybe it will be all gone by the end of this sale ;)

It's amazing how many items get on my wish list from reading the forums... I'm like "hummm I don't remember seeing that product"... wishlisted... check!  I gotta quit reading the forum threads... LOL

Leana said:

FirstBastion said:

Same here. 

Ditto... i'm back up to 25... up down.. up down... never ending wishlist... lol

joanna said:

Llola Lane said:

joanna said:

What I meant is that I'm keeping my G8 in the wishlist, because they might not appear in G9 version. :) 

ahh.. got'cha (thumbzzzzzzz up)

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 459
    edited September 2023

I've been cutting down on my wishlist not so much by buying things listed there, but by realizing that I'm not willing to buy certain wishlist items even though they're now steeply discounted.

If I'm not going to buy something for 80%-90% off the list price, when will I buy it?

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on

Blando Calrissian said:

I've been cutting down on my wishlist not so much by buying things listed there, but by realizing that I'm not willing to buy certain wishlist items even though they're now steeply discounted.

If I'm not going to buy something for 80%-90% off the list price, when will I buy it?

I hear ya Blando... I'm really being choosie with my wish list.  Not EVERYTHING is going there... only stuff I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeally like to have.  I'm lucking out that a few things have been priced so low I can't say no!  lol.  I'm down to 20 items... all G9 stuff now... so I'm waiting.  The gift certificate I bought last week is half gone.  I gotta make it last!   lol

• Blando Calrissian said:

+1

I am now down to 7 items on my wishlist, I even bought some items that weren't on it but have been long-time "maybe's". Can you imagine having an empty wishlist? What am I going to do with my Daz+ coupons?

What will we do for that dopamine rush of getting that item you really wanted at a really good price? /S

• mine is 25 items mostly new now

a lot got tossed out and I have bought so many other things I had no idea I needed because 95% off cheeky

I accidently overdrew my Debit card blush but think I managed to escape a fee as found out in time

Blando Calrissian said:

To me, it's the matter of budget, not a discount. I don't have enough money to buy all the items (as I said, I'd been at it for only 1.5 year, so the wishlist is long), even if they're discounted to 80-90%, and the month is only 1/3 in, so I have to pick and choose which of the items I want the most.