Half my "wish list" is gone... anyone else???

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

Having a long wishlist is good when they give extra discount for wishliat items.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2023

Hm, haven't checked for a long time, but half my wishlist would probably be about 2.5 products..so can't see the need to further reduce itcheeky

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453
    edited September 2023

PerttiA said:

Having a long wishlist is good when they give extra discount for wishliat items.

That is a great way to get people to buy stuff..

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,699

Llola Lane said:

Ha... the sales have been so killer the last few days that I've bought nearly everything on my wish list!  I'm down to only 23 items... I had over 50 at the beginning of the sale but with the discounts and great prices it's hard to pass up items that are under $5.00 each!  We need a PA challenge contest so I can start making art with all I've bought! 

Anyone else's wish list getting down??? 

LoL my wishlist is 1335 items, and i haven't putted in all items gor G8 and G9, because my hardaware is really old.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Llola Lane said:

Ha... the sales have been so killer the last few days that I've bought nearly everything on my wish list!  I'm down to only 23 items... I had over 50 at the beginning of the sale but with the discounts and great prices it's hard to pass up items that are under $5.00 each!  We need a PA challenge contest so I can start making art with all I've bought! 

Not really, since I keep shoving things on there just so that there's something there for the next time they run a "wishlist sale." :)  That said, it's getting harder to keep it filled since I'm running out of products in the store to buy as so many of the new G9 specific products continue to underwhelm.   

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Crios said:

Llola Lane said:

LoL my wishlist is 1335 items, and i haven't putted in all items gor G8 and G9, because my hardaware is really old.

Oh WOW... 1335 items???? That bogglezzzzzzzzzzz my mind!  I got a new computer last year so it IS helping me render faster/better.  ;) 

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

Not really, since I keep shoving things on there just so that there's something there for the next time they run a "wishlist sale." :)  That said, it's getting harder to keep it filled since I'm running out of products in the store to buy as so many of the new G9 specific products continue to underwhelm.   

I hear ya... Only really unusual G9 characters I've gotten are from RawArt... He seems to make some killer monsters.  The Daz+ club has had a few G9 characters... but I'm looking for unusual.  This week's shark looks interesting.

FirstBastion said:

PerttiA said:

That is a great way to get people to buy stuff..

Daz is smart that way ;)

Sven Dullah said:

Hm, haven't checked for a long time, but half my wishlist would probably be about 2.5 products..so can't see the need to further reduce itcheeky

Ha...  cheeky .. got'cha

BlueFingers said:

Blando Calrissian said:

I've been cutting down on my wishlist not so much by buying things listed there, but by realizing that I'm not willing to buy certain wishlist items even though they're now steeply discounted.

If I'm not going to buy something for 80%-90% off the list price, when will I buy it?

+1

I am now down to 7 items on my wishlist, I even bought some items that weren't on it but have been long-time "maybe's". Can you imagine having an empty wishlist? What am I going to do with my Daz+ coupons?

What will we do for that dopamine rush of getting that item you really wanted at a really good price? /S

I keep adding stuff... Smack my hand please... lol

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mine is 25 items mostly new now

a lot got tossed out and I have bought so many other things I had no idea I needed because 95% off cheeky

I accidently overdrew my Debit card blush but think I managed to escape a fee as found out in time

whewwwwwwwww... close call.  Gotta keep the food coming for those kittehzzzzzzzz... lol... but I too have mostly G9 stuff left on my wishlist... I find I'm not buying stuff til it's under a few dollars... lol.  Hard to resist.  I'm so bad!

joanna said:

Blando Calrissian said:

I've been cutting down on my wishlist not so much by buying things listed there, but by realizing that I'm not willing to buy certain wishlist items even though they're now steeply discounted.

If I'm not going to buy something for 80%-90% off the list price, when will I buy it?

To me, it's the matter of budget, not a discount. I don't have enough money to buy all the items (as I said, I'd been at it for only 1.5 year, so the wishlist is long), even if they're discounted to 80-90%, and the month is only 1/3 in, so I have to pick and choose which of the items I want the most. 

I have more content than I will EVER render... ughh... Wasn't there a PA contest last year around this time????  

• Llola Lane said:

joanna said:

Blando Calrissian said:

To me, it's the matter of budget, not a discount. I don't have enough money to buy all the items (as I said, I'd been at it for only 1.5 year, so the wishlist is long), even if they're discounted to 80-90%, and the month is only 1/3 in, so I have to pick and choose which of the items I want the most. 

I have more content than I will EVER render... ughh... Wasn't there a PA contest last year around this time????  

It would be fun to have an excuse to use all this stuff.

I think I have bought about as much as I am going to find from the current group of PAs - I have combed through entire listings muliple times now and picked up not just wishlisted items but pretty much anything that I ever contemplated and didn't discard outright from consideration. I test every product I buy for at least basic functionality and that list, having almost been caught up, now has almost 400 items on it. 

• My with list is down substantially. A lot of it is through purchases and some items removed. If I can't decide if I really want something when it is 80% or more off I just remove it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

I hear ya... Only really unusual G9 characters I've gotten are from RawArt... He seems to make some killer monsters.  The Daz+ club has had a few G9 characters... but I'm looking for unusual.  This week's shark looks interesting.

FYI, that's the King Shark character from the second Suicide Squad movie, so it's value for use as-is is pretty limited due to it being so recognizable.  As a mix-element and kit-bash source, on the other hand, it's great and I was quick to snap it up.  As for RawArt, I love his work and own the vast majority of his produts (366 of them, at current count... yeesh) but I've only bought a handful of his G9 releases as so many have been re-makes or near remakes of figures he made for previous releases. 

• Half of this month's food money is gone. But I don't have time to eat, anyway, too many new products to sort through, study, play with...:-)

• My wishlist was six or five pages. Now it's down to two. Granted, some of that is because I've removed a bunch of items. If I'm not willing to buy it at $2, then I'm just not willing to buy it.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 494
    edited September 2023

I'm not sure my wishlist is getting smaller (I keep adding new stuff), but my gift card balance is definitely getting smaller...  How long does the PA sale go until? At this point I'm going to be lucky if lasts until the next 20% off gift card sale comes along. lol

Post edited by Shimrian on

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

FYI, that's the King Shark character from the second Suicide Squad movie, so it's value for use as-is is pretty limited due to it being so recognizable.  As a mix-element and kit-bash source, on the other hand, it's great and I was quick to snap it up.  As for RawArt, I love his work and own the vast majority of his produts (366 of them, at current count... yeesh) but I've only bought a handful of his G9 releases as so many have been re-makes or near remakes of figures he made for previous releases. 

Never saw the movie so the shark is new to me... lol.  Little over 100 RawArt characters for me.... and counting ;)

NotAnArtist said:

Half of this month's food money is gone. But I don't have time to eat, anyway, too many new products to sort through, study, play with...:-)

Good way to loose a little weight too... not eating... lol  

sarahwaitestx said:

My wishlist was six or five pages. Now it's down to two. Granted, some of that is because I've removed a bunch of items. If I'm not willing to buy it at $2, then I'm just not willing to buy it.

I've done that before too... I just gotta quit reading these forum threads... Keep finding things I MUST have!!!!!!  grrrrrrrrr

Shimrian said:

I'm not sure my wishlist is getting smaller (I keep adding new stuff), but my gift card balance is definitely getting smaller...  How long does the PA sale go until? At this point I'm going to be lucky if lasts until the next 20% off gift card sale comes along. lol

Ha... my wishlist is back up to 41 items!!!!!!!!!  So much for it going down. I'm with ya with the gift card... I'm TRYING to make it last... I really am!  lol

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,479

no, I keep adding to it

• BrashFinkBrashFink Posts: 86
    edited September 2023

Half... hmm no. There is still over 140 things on there.

However, I think it has dropped a 1/4 from this recent wave of sales. It was previously nearing 200.

Post edited by BrashFink on
    edited September 2023

daveso said:

no, I keep adding to it

ditto... Well mine.. WAS... gone... honest it was... lol

Post edited by Llola Lane on

BrashFink said:

Half... hmm no. There is still over 140 things on there.

However, I think it has dropped a 1/4 from this recent wave of sales. It was previously nearing 200.

1/4 is better than nuthin' I suppose???   ;)  lol

• I've been leaving a few modest-priority cheapies on my wish list so on days like today, where I'll pick up the "golden ticket" but there's no other "gotta-haves," I can pad out the cart to get to $10.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I've been leaving a few modest-priority cheapies on my wish list so on days like today, where I'll pick up the "golden ticket" but there's no other "gotta-haves," I can pad out the cart to get to $10.

HEY... I do the same thing... oh.. and I check the Lightning Deals too... ;)  Gotta git to $10.00!!!!!!!!!!

• Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I've been leaving a few modest-priority cheapies on my wish list so on days like today, where I'll pick up the "golden ticket" but there's no other "gotta-haves," I can pad out the cart to get to $10.

HEY... I do the same thing... oh.. and I check the Lightning Deals too... ;)  Gotta git to $10.00!!!!!!!!!!

I've started checking the Lightning Deals during this PA promo too, after largely ignoring them for a long time. Surprisingly I have sometimes been finding reasonable things for 95%+. For sales like this where there's a low-priced daily option with a decent chance of being worth the small buy-in for me (I've bought about half of them, I would guess), I budget out $10 a day and try to plan bigger carts around token expiration. There's new stuff today I wishlisted, but it can wait til one of those.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,230

Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

No, you don't! Those tokens are just drugs to make you buy more.devil