Half my "wish list" is gone... anyone else???

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Cybersox said:

I've nearly cleaned out a couple of entire sections of the store now... not sure there'll be anything left by the time the next sale starts. 

LOL... which sections?  I'm curious... ;)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453
    edited October 2023

Llola Lane said:

Oh.. and I need another GiftCertificate sale... mine is almost at $0.00... again!!!!!!!!!

That would come in handy right, about, now....

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • All my apes Half my wishlist, gone!

I spent more than I'd planned this month, or any month really, but every single item was purchased for at least 80% off and it's hard to beat that math. Some of the PA items on my wishlish hadn't been more than 30% off MSRP for years, and I was happy to pick them up.

Will probably have to hide from the Shop page until at least December, though.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,374
    edited October 2023

Blando Calrissian said:

All my apes Half my wishlist, gone!

I spent more than I'd planned this month, or any month really, but every single item was purchased for at least 80% off and it's hard to beat that math. Some of the PA items on my wishlish hadn't been more than 30% off MSRP for years, and I was happy to pick them up.

Will probably have to hide from the Shop page until at least December, though.

Oh no. The DAZ+ sale will be upon us for October. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Well, DAZ has finally done it!

They've killed my ENTIRE wishlist!!

Totally dead.

Kaput!

Nada

Zilch

nothng left

All my other account pages are in a state of shock right now. They're barely holding themselves together.

laugh

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

And then they start October with a wishlist sale 50% off anything that was added to the wishlist before end of September cheeky

• GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 156

Llola Lane said:

GinaMarie said:

I really need to clean out my wish list of old stuff too. 1295 on my wish & list many are from the V4 days. Have cleared alot though with the sale. Once gain totally blew my budget already. So now I'm being very particular about what I get. The holidays are around the corner. smiley

Oh yes... don't remind me about the holidazzzzzzzzzz days... lol.  V4 does render faster but I find I'm spoiled with the newer textures for realizm that G8/9 have.  Just can't seem to get Gen4 to render realistic... they are good for distance/far away fill in.

Thank you Llola you just solved a problem I was having with a render. Am going to use V4 & M4 as filler for a piece that I'm working on right now. Smacks forehead wondering why it never crossed my mind. Once again thank you for this wonderful idea on how to use some of the older figures. 

edited October 2023

PerttiA said:

And then they start October with a wishlist sale 50% off anything that was added to the wishlist before end of September cheeky

Sounds like something DAZ might do but that won't do me any good unless new releases are included. I only have 9 items left in my wishlist and they are all "new" items  that are too old to have any other discount.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Down to 18, of which 6 are ancient Daz Originals that I figure will be 8 for $x.99 fodder soon. The rest were too new to be in the PA sale.

GinaMarie said:

Llola Lane said:

GinaMarie said:

I really need to clean out my wish list of old stuff too. 1295 on my wish & list many are from the V4 days. Have cleared alot though with the sale. Once gain totally blew my budget already. So now I'm being very particular about what I get. The holidays are around the corner. smiley

Oh yes... don't remind me about the holidazzzzzzzzzz days... lol.  V4 does render faster but I find I'm spoiled with the newer textures for realizm that G8/9 have.  Just can't seem to get Gen4 to render realistic... they are good for distance/far away fill in.

Thank you Llola you just solved a problem I was having with a render. Am going to use V4 & M4 as filler for a piece that I'm working on right now. Smacks forehead wondering why it never crossed my mind. Once again thank you for this wonderful idea on how to use some of the older figures. 

YAY... I actually helped someone!!!!!  lol.  Happy to be of assistance ;)  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

edited October 2023

Just got back from a camping weekend... So happy to see this thread still afloat whilst I was gone.

Still need a GC sale... :(  I'm not buying til I get one.  I missed yesterday's sale.. Hope I didn't miss much... Gotta shoppe fast for todays... It's not midnight yet .. (freebie freebie freeeeeeeebieee)  lol

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

I've nearly cleaned out a couple of entire sections of the store now... not sure there'll be anything left by the time the next sale starts. 

Quite a few, actually, but the most gutted out are DAZ+ (5502 items currently in the store total, Items that I DON'T own: 334, most of which are ancient texture sets, "fits", expressions, and products for the V1 & V2 generations), Environments (6481 items currently in the store, I own all but 204), Props (5507 in store/465 left unpurchased) and Hair (3460 total/501 not owned, most of which are color/texture sets)  

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

Quite a few, actually, but the most gutted out are DAZ+ (5502 items currently in the store total, Items that I DON'T own: 334, most of which are ancient texture sets, "fits", expressions, and products for the V1 & V2 generations), Environments (6481 items currently in the store, I own all but 204), Props (5507 in store/465 left unpurchased) and Hair (3460 total/501 not owned, most of which are color/texture sets)  

WOW... you must have a GIANT hard drive!!!!!  I find myself moving things around so I can buy more stuff and not have to buy ANOTHER hard drive... lol.  That's an impressive list.  I've not figured out mine.. I'm too scared to know the outcome... lol

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,933

thats actually the biggest reason I didn't buy that fantasy queen bundle today

lack of drive space, it simply wouldn't fit if I did

WendyLuvsCatz said:

thats actually the biggest reason I didn't buy that fantasy queen bundle today

lack of drive space, it simply wouldn't fit if I did

I hear ya... All those textures are murder on my hard drive!!!!!!  but.. with glorious content comes glorious textures!  lol

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

I stil have a few items on my list.

2138 items on wishlist

• I now have 38, of which a few are there only to trigger me into doing some poses for other things. I suppose there is a chance I may buy up to 15 of them in the end.

Regards,

Richard

hjake said:

2138 items on wishlist

WOW... I wouldn't be able to keep track of all that... lol

richardandtracy said:

I now have 38, of which a few are there only to trigger me into doing some poses for other things. I suppose there is a chance I may buy up to 15 of them in the end.

Regards,

Richard

That's a pretty managable amount... I like 1 page (or lower)... which is about 50...So I can see them at a glance. ;)

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Llola Lane said:

hjake said:

2138 items on wishlist

I guess I should emphasize the WISH part of that list which began on September 7th, 2006. winklaugh

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

WOW... you must have a GIANT hard drive!!!!!  I find myself moving things around so I can buy more stuff and not have to buy ANOTHER hard drive... lol.  That's an impressive list.  I've not figured out mine.. I'm too scared to know the outcome... lol

Apart from a couple of content libraries made for certain products (Dream Home/Ultra Scenery), I have all my stuff in one huge main library that takes about 8TB's of drive space.
    DS doesn't know about it, but instead of having one huge drive, the library is spread over five 1TB SSD's and one 4TB external USB drive.

The standard Windows tools allow one to mount a drive to a folder on another drive and the mounted drive becomes the folder - This is done in Computer Management -> Disk Management
    Another trick I have used is the Junction by SysInternals, which allows one to redirect a folder on a drive to a folder on another drive, again without the programs seeing that it isn't on the same drive.
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/junction

I found out about these some years back, when the jump from 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD was still too steep and I was desperately needing more space.
    Now, if I'm close to running out of space, I'll just add another drive, move a few folders around and I'm good for a few months again.
    Nothing needs to be done within DS, she doesn't know that anything has changed.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

Llola Lane said:

Cybersox said:

Multiple large hard drives, including a big stack of externals, a couple of multi-lot toasters, and some large 4TB pocket drives.  But hard drives are really cheap these days if you shop around, and I've found that the inexpensive 6-8TB 5400RPM external drives from Western Digital and Seagate work fine for most DAZ/Poser products (though the program itself will be running on a much faster 2TB SSD.)  You can find the 6-8TB externals in the $129 range pretty much all the time, and it's a good idea to be switching to new hard drives on a regular basis anyway.  All that said, I don't install everything I own on every computer, especially characters, morph packs, and expressions for the various Genesis series, as having a lot of those will  slow DS down to a crawl when loading figures.            

hjake said:

Llola Lane said:

hjake said:

2138 items on wishlist

I guess I should emphasize the WISH part of that list which began on September 7th, 2006. winklaugh

haaaaaaaaaaaa... got'cha ;)  

<--right now has Daz running on a 2tb ssd... library is on a 4tb hard drive... which is getting full... I am in the process of moving some of my Daz to another 2tb hard drive... that should give me room to buy more content off my wish list... IF... Daz has a GC sale that is... (waiting)

Llola Lane said:

Just got back from a camping weekend... So happy to see this thread still afloat whilst I was gone.

Still need a GC sale... :(  I'm not buying til I get one.  I missed yesterday's sale.. Hope I didn't miss much... Gotta shoppe fast for todays... It's not midnight yet .. (freebie freebie freeeeeeeebieee)  lol

Well, it is not great but tonight's flash sale for 10% off carts over $100 includes gift cards. So, you can get a $100 (or more) gift card with no buyin required. 

Charlie Judge said:

Llola Lane said:

Well, it is not great but tonight's flash sale for 10% off carts over $100 includes gift cards. So, you can get a $100 (or more) gift card with no buyin required. 

oooo... every little bit helps... Thanks for the heads up!... I'll get $100... just to hold me over.. which won't last long.. lol

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 494

Doh, no gift card sales today. I should have it up for 10% yesterday. Opps. :)

Shimrian said:

Doh, no gift card sales today. I should have it up for 10% yesterday. Opps. :)

Hopefully there will be another soon (fingers crossed)  :)

ok... my wish list is back up to 53 again... I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need to quit looking at the forums... lol.  Too many great products... My bwain hoorts :( !!!

• My wishlist is hovering in the 20-30 range. At this point, it's all either too new to have come up for sale yet plus a few Daz+ oldies that i know, any minute, will be super cheap. Today's "Exciting Environments" whittled down several.