Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Noodles smiley

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

hugueskrebs said:

Thanks @Saphirewild and @AgitatedRiot !
    Saphirewild, your background is more recognizable than mine. To match the pov, I did not fine one with this famous HongKong building.

I mainly used this background because of the amazing lighting. I do love seeing the city night lights!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

AgitatedRiot said:

Saphirewild said:

I know I am going to have to fix the poke through on this render but wanted to post it now because I am going to be busy the rest of the week!

Used a stock photo of Hong Kong for the background on this one as well!

Got it fixed already giggles with GIMP!!

I love when people use old products. Great Image. 

Thank you AgitatedRiot

I do love using the older stuff because it is much easier on my laptop to render in 3delight!!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173

Stezza said:

Noodles smiley

Is that Hong Kong Phooey, the number-one super guy
    Hong Kong Phooey, oh, he's quicker than the human eye.

love it.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009

Oh myyy... been away for a few days and come back to some awesome artwork.  No time to post individual remarks cause I need to finish mine... THANK YOU one and all... Seems like I'm not the only one that would like to go to Hong Kong!  lol. 

edited March 2023

I am not a city girl... but what I do love are gardens... and if I could... I'd have a Chinese garden right in my back yard! 

Searching the internet... Hong Kong gardens are some of the prettiest and peaceful I have seen... so... That is why my artwork is a...

"Hong Kong Garden"

ENJOY!!!

HongKongChina garden 4minute render DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1104 x 1104 - 190K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

Llola Lane said:

I am not a city girl... but what I do love are gardens... and if I could... I'd have a Chinese garden right in my back yard! 

Searching the internet... Hong Kong gardens are some of the prettiest and peaceful I have seen... so... That is why my artwork is a...

"Hong Kong Garden"

ENJOY!!!

A lovelly and colourful image :)

I love the thought of chilling out in a nice garden watching the swans swimming around - although in real life there never seems to be time for that.

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

"Hong Kong Garden"

ENJOY!!!

A lovelly and colourful image :)

I love the thought of chilling out in a nice garden watching the swans swimming around - although in real life there never seems to be time for that.

Thanks SofaCitizen... but come summer... hubby and I will FORCE ourselves to visit some gardens.  We've seen most in Ohio though... so time to move outward and visit some other states.  ;)  ahhhhhh

edited April 2023

and... we are OFF to Mexico City, Mexico for April.  Ahh I love Mexican food!!!  Hubby does too... but without cheese!  lol.  He gets the strangest looks when we order at Mexican restaurants.. LOL  See you all there!

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Llola Lane said:

"Hong Kong Garden"

ENJOY!!!

I love those gardens also. Missouri Botanical Garden in St Louis has a huge one; I think it's more Japanese. I live about 20 mins from it, wife and I make two visits a year. One the, for the garden, glow in the holidays and a springtime before it gets too hot.

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

"Hong Kong Garden"

ENJOY!!!

I love those gardens also. Missouri Botanical Garden in St Louis has a huge one; I think it's more Japanese. I live about 20 mins from it, wife and I make two visits a year. One the, for the garden, glow in the holidays and a springtime before it gets too hot.

Oh yes.. I bet it's beautiful lit up for the holidayzzzzzzzzzzzzz... ;)

edited April 2023

I've never had Mexican food but we do have mice though and the Kookaburras eat them smiley

Mexico.png
    800 x 600 - 876K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

I've never had Mexican food but we do have mice though and the Kookaburras eat them smiley

Is that speedy? Great render. 

Stezza said:

If... they can catch Speedy Gonzalas... ;)  He's pretty fast... I love your artwork... Where on earth did you get Speedy????  lol.  Thanks for starting us off this month... woo hoot!!!

edited April 2023

Llola Lane said:

Stezza said:

If... they can catch Speedy Gonzalas... ;)  He's pretty fast... I love your artwork... Where on earth did you get Speedy????  lol.  Thanks for starting us off this month... woo hoot!!!

It looks like it has Slow Polk also in the image.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Stezza said:

It looks like it has Slow Polk also in the image.

Don't know who Slow Polk is :(

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,031

*Slowpoke Rodriguez is Speedy's counterpart, the slowest mouse in all Mexico.

Gordig said:

*Slowpoke Rodriguez is Speedy's counterpart, the slowest mouse in all Mexico.

ahh.. Thanks.. I'll have to look them up.. It's a little before my time ;)  lol

Llola Lane said:

Stezza said:

thankyou... I modelled them all in Carrara ... wacky hey laugh 

Stezza said:

Llola Lane said:

Stezza said:

thankyou... I modelled them all in Carrara ... wacky hey laugh 

WOWWWWWWWW (eye bulge)!!!!  Fantastic.  Well done +2 :)

edited April 2023

"Tenochtitlan Temple"

Tenochtitlan is now the historic center of Mexico City exact date of the city's founding. The founding of the town is not known, but on March 13, 1325, it was decided in 1925 that this would be the 600th Anniversary

Tenochtitlan Temple.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

"Tenochtitlan Temple"

Tenochtitlan is now the historic center of Mexico City exact date of the city's founding. The founding of the town is not known, but on March 13, 1325, it was decided in 1925 that this would be the 600th Anniversary

Interesting info Agi... I looked it up in the Wiki... Our trip to Mexico is off to a great start!  Thanks... I love old ruins.

• RafaelRafael Posts: 124
    edited April 2023

Although Mx City is an enormous modern city, it has a lot of classical buildings, like the Art Deco Palacio de Bellas Artes. It is one of the most recognized opera houses in Latin America and the world.

The same as my previous render, it is an actual photo integrated with a Daz Studio render "right out of the box". This render was fun because of the rainy look on the floor.

Original image: https://www.pexels.com/es-es/foto/edificio-de-cupula-de-hormigon-gris-cerca-del-cuerpo-de-agua-1727799/

Post edited by Rafael on

Nice.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 518

Time for some Mariachi music!

(3Delight & Gimp)

Cool.

Hi gang.. sorry I've been away for a while... I have not gotten my artwork for Mexico yet but it WILL be done by the end of the month! 

Rafael ... I love adding original photograph backgrounds to my artwork too.. and I agree that the watery ground looks awesome!  Your girl needs an umbrella though... lol  Well done and thanks for sharing.

nattaruk ... Oh my!!!  I can hear the music... Well done ... I'm off to find some Mexican music to play... lol.  Thanks for sharing!

• RafaelRafael Posts: 124
    edited April 2023

The photo was taken a few minutes after the rain stopped. You can see that in the other people in the photo. :) The "waves" are a combination of the floor texture and probably a tiny breeze.

Post edited by Rafael on

Rafael said:

The photo was taken a few minutes after the rain stopped. You can see that in the other people in the photo. :) The "waves" are a combination of the floor texture and probably a tiny breeze.

Oh yes... too cool ;)  

• hugueskrebshugueskrebs Posts: 150

Hola amigos y amigas!
    I am pleased to invite you to the Broadway Show Premiere: Stagecoach to Mexico, the Musical

I made this picture and combined the two render challenge (The April monthly contest, and this one).
    All the storylines in my gallery:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4681001054765056#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1287815
    ¡Disfruta de la vida!