Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Happy New Year one and All!!!

2023's challenge I'm calling... "Trip Around the World!"

If I were able... I would travel every inch of our lovely world. But... I'm getting older and hubby and I have 4 cats to take care of (giggles).  Next best thing is to travel it in my art.  
Care to join me???  
Sooo.. pack your bags... find your comfee walking shoes... pack your bathingsuit, and join me as I travel around the world to places I've always wanted to see (Not necessarily in their order).  
FYI... there are sooo many interesting places I may need to have a year 2 ;)

ALL are welcome to join.  This challenge is for fun and to keep the creative juices flowing.

ENJOY!

(to view the 2013 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/ )
(to view the 2014 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33447/ )
(to view the 2015 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50455/ )
(to view the 2016 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68350/ )
(to view the 2017 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/137066/ )
(to view the 2018 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/221616/ )
(to view the 2019 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/299501/ )
(to view the 2020 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/375341/ )
(to view the 2021 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/462446/ )
(to view the 2022 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/541316/ )

There are only 2 rules…
ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month.
and...
(this is only a suggestion) IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER specifically for this challenge!!!

p.s… to keep the thread from getting too long... no WIPs please… THANK YOU!

ANY 3D program can be used!  ALL are welcome to join the challenge!

Here’s a list of places I'd like to visit... Cities or countries are fine.   HAVE FUN!!!

JANUARY = Cairo, Egypt
FEBRUARY = Sydney, Australia
MARCH = Hong Kong, China
APRIL = Mexico City, Mexico
MAY = Rome, Italy
JUNE = Paris, France
JULY = Montreal, Canada
AUGUST = Washington, DC, USA
SEPTEMBER = Tokyo, Japan
OCTOBER = Nigeria, Africa
NOVEMBER = Moscow, Russia
DECEMBER = Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

«13456714

Comments

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,952

    Egypt, huh???? Hmmmm, so many thoghts and with those Egyptians so taken with kittehs tooc ....!!! :)

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    Oh.. didn't see that one coming, that's for sure:))) Cairo you say.. *browses through Poser runtime*..no, no Cairo in there.

    laugh

     

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    Ha... Simon and Sven... glad you two like the challenge this year... I look forward to seeing some great travel renders (thumbzzzzzzzzzz up)

  • Got some plans for this, lets see if I can get further than that lol

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    DreamWeever said:

    Got some plans for this, lets see if I can get further than that lol

    sure... ;)  We have 31 days in January.. so you have time.

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,338

    "Traitor"

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    AgitatedRiot said:

    "Traitor"

    YAY... Agi is our first art post... Well done... Happy to have you with us again for the challenge this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing the world through your artworks ;)  Thanks for starting us off.

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,338

    Llola Lane said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    "Traitor"

    YAY... Agi is our first art post... Well done... Happy to have you with us again for the challenge this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing the world through your artworks ;)  Thanks for starting us off.

    I'm still around. Doc says I'll live. 

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Llola Lane said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    "Traitor"

    YAY... Agi is our first art post... Well done... Happy to have you with us again for the challenge this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing the world through your artworks ;)  Thanks for starting us off.

    I'm still around. Doc says I'll live. 

    YAY... Just follow the Doc's orders and you'll be around a looooooooooooong time ;)

  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,338

    Llola Lane said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Llola Lane said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    "Traitor"

    YAY... Agi is our first art post... Well done... Happy to have you with us again for the challenge this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing the world through your artworks ;)  Thanks for starting us off.

    I'm still around. Doc says I'll live. 

    YAY... Just follow the Doc's orders and you'll be around a looooooooooooong time ;)

    Well, I'll turn six decades tomorrow. 

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Llola Lane said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    Llola Lane said:

    AgitatedRiot said:

    "Traitor"

    YAY... Agi is our first art post... Well done... Happy to have you with us again for the challenge this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing the world through your artworks ;)  Thanks for starting us off.

    I'm still around. Doc says I'll live. 

    YAY... Just follow the Doc's orders and you'll be around a looooooooooooong time ;)

    Well, I'll turn six decades tomorrow. 

    Oooo a New Years Baby... Happy Birthday!!!  Hubby's was Dec 29th... What a way to end the year.  And for your parents... Begin a year :)  Hope you have a wonderful day!

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2023

    Cairo, Egypt

    Ramses is getting long-distance guests...

    image

     

     

    Unexpected Visitors.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    Sven Dullah said:

    Ramses is getting long-distance guests...

    Ohh.. WOW... yep... some reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long distance guests... lol

    Glad you were able to post Sven... I'm having trouble attaching files to my posts... Not sure if it's Daz or just me... I'm stumped!

  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

    I am having troubles posting as well Llola!

    I hope it is fixed soon!

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    Saphirewild said:

    I am having troubles posting as well Llola!

    I hope it is fixed soon!

    ok.. so not just me... I did find a little work around... Posting stuff to my gallery then saving the LINK to my clipboard... Then I was able to post the IMAGE.  It will do in a pinch... lots of extra work though... and my gallery is gonna start filling up with things I don't want there.  I usually just post my best/favorites... I guess I can delete them when the contest is over ;)

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    Llola Lane said:

    Glad you were able to post Sven... I'm having trouble attaching files to my posts... Not sure if it's Daz or just me... I'm stumped!

    It's been like this for quite some time now. I tried for two days and it finally and randomly went through...hoping for a quick fix, DAZ!!!

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    Sven Dullah said:

    Llola Lane said:

    Glad you were able to post Sven... I'm having trouble attaching files to my posts... Not sure if it's Daz or just me... I'm stumped!

    It's been like this for quite some time now. I tried for two days and it finally and randomly went through...hoping for a quick fix, DAZ!!!

    ok.. so not just me.... Not heard a word from Daz (knock.. knock...)... do you think they are trying to fix it????  

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    Llola Lane said:

    Sven Dullah said:

    Llola Lane said:

    Glad you were able to post Sven... I'm having trouble attaching files to my posts... Not sure if it's Daz or just me... I'm stumped!

    It's been like this for quite some time now. I tried for two days and it finally and randomly went through...hoping for a quick fix, DAZ!!!

    ok.. so not just me.... Not heard a word from Daz (knock.. knock...)... do you think they are trying to fix it????  

    To be honest, I don't know what to believe anymoreindecision. I know they have been notified...

    Worst case scenario: We can post descriptions of our renders (one description per month, no drafts)devil 

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    Sven Dullah said:

    Llola Lane said:

    Sven Dullah said:

    Llola Lane said:

    Glad you were able to post Sven... I'm having trouble attaching files to my posts... Not sure if it's Daz or just me... I'm stumped!

    It's been like this for quite some time now. I tried for two days and it finally and randomly went through...hoping for a quick fix, DAZ!!!

    ok.. so not just me.... Not heard a word from Daz (knock.. knock...)... do you think they are trying to fix it????  

    To be honest, I don't know what to believe anymoreindecision. I know they have been notified...

    Worst case scenario: We can post descriptions of our renders (one description per month, no drafts)devil 

    Well.. I've figured out how to post to my gallery (at least that is working) and I can copy and paste the http: from there... Hopefully that will help others post also. ;)

  • Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 141
    edited January 2023

    Very glad to see you continue this tradition! I always enjoy reading these threads and seeing with what people come up each month, very inspirational. Hopefully will be able to participate this year myself :)

    Happy New Year and best wishes.

    Post edited by Past as Future on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    Past as Future said:

    Very glad to see you continue this tradition! I always enjoy reading these threads and seeing with what people come up each month, very inspirational. Hopefully will be able to participate this year myself :)

    Happy New Year and best wishes.

    WONDERFUL Past as Future... Hope you can join us this year... Nice to see some new artists stalking about ;)  You still have time for January's EGYPT ... ;)

  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

    Based on memories of having lunch in a cafe, just across the road from a temple, on the West Bank of Luxor. The render combines what I saw with what I imagined.

    Title: On Holiday In Egypt

    (3Delight & Gimp)

     

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    nattaruk said:

    Based on memories of having lunch in a cafe, just across the road from a temple, on the West Bank of Luxor. The render combines what I saw with what I imagined.

    Title: On Holiday In Egypt

     

    (3Delight & Gimp)

    YAY.. I'm getting notices again...

    I'm so jealous nattaruk .... Egypt is my #1 place I'd like to visit but I suppose I never will... I'll have to settle for TV specials and the artwork from this thread... lol.  Well done.  :)

  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,634

    Finally got round to finishing something - first render in 2 months so a bit out of practice.

    Postcards to Dad #01 : Cairo

    The plan for this thread is a "photo" each month following three friends on a touring-holiday to each of the 12 cities along with a brief commentary in the style of a postcard from the girl in the middle to her father. So there is some context to this photo in the linked gallery post.

    Hopefully, I won't leave it till the last minute every month :P

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    OMG... WHAT a great idea SofaCitizen... I'm gonna enjoy seeing the cities through the girls eyes... ;)  oh.. and of course the cats they meet... (winks)... 

    Seems like where ever hubby and I go we find stray cats to friend... lol.

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078
    edited January 2023

    Hubby and I have been watching a LOT of National Geographic Egypt specials lately... I so love seeing what they 'dig' up each week.  Last series we watched was all about the KINGS! 

    Anyway... If I could.. I'd love to be on an archeological dig.  Lots of them around Cairo... I'd have a hard time choosing where to dig first... lol.  ENJOY!

    "Archeological Dig"

    EGYPT 43seconds DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1044 x 1044 - 169K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078

    There's still one more day to get your Egypt artwork posted folks... ALL are welcome to join the fun!

  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

    Nice ones, folks! The history of Egypt I find truly fascinating, would love to go there some day...meanwhile still hoping for a few more artworks;))

  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,078
    edited January 2023

    Sven Dullah said:

    Nice ones, folks! The history of Egypt I find truly fascinating, would love to go there some day...meanwhile still hoping for a few more artworks;))

    Me too.. to go to Egypt... but I'm afraid It is just a dream and we will never go... (sighs)... We still have 1 day so I'm crossing fingers we get some last minuters' artworks.  ;)  

    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,634

    Llola Lane said:

    Hubby and I have been watching a LOT of National Geographic Egypt specials lately... I so love seeing what they 'dig' up each week.  Last series we watched was all about the KINGS! 

    Anyway... If I could.. I'd love to be on an archeological dig.  Lots of them around Cairo... I'd have a hard time choosing where to dig first... lol.  ENJOY!

    "Archeological Dig"

    Nice image, I wonder if they will find anything interesting under the sand :)

     

    I've also not been to any of the places on the list - well except Montreal but then only the inside of the Bus terminal and some motorways so doesn't really count.  So will be fun to "visit" them via the renders posted here :)

Sign In or Register to comment.