Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Glad you like:) Think I got it on unsplash.com, searching for Sydney opera house. 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,220
    edited February 2023

Sven Dullah said:

...approaching...

Nicely done. At least you didn't go down in the bush. I'm still on a walkabout.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050

Sven Dullah said:

Glad you like:) Think I got it on unsplash.com, searching for Sydney opera house. 

ah.. so it's a photographic backdrop or did you make your own HDRI?  cool!

edited February 2023

Well... I don't have a photograph so I had to make do with a prim Opera House... lol.   I was trying for it to be more of a sillouette but I couldn't get the lighting right.  Oh well... I'm pretty happy with it.  Hope you all are too.  :)

p.s.... My first idea didn't work out cause the needed animals didn't go on sale to my satisfaction.  This is my Plan B ;)

Hope some more of you will join me for a sail around Sydney, Australia!

SYDNEY SAILBOAT done SIGN framed.jpg
    1620 x 715 - 142K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

AgitatedRiot said:

Sven Dullah said:

...approaching...

Nicely done. At least you didn't go down in the bush. I'm still on a walkabout.

Tks! You'd better skip Sydney and start heading for Hongkong already:))

Llola Lane said:

Well... I don't have a photograph so I had to make do with a prim Opera House... lol.   I was trying for it to be more of a sillouette but I couldn't get the lighting right.  Oh well... I'm pretty happy with it.  Hope you all are too.  :)

p.s.... My first idea didn't work out cause the needed animals didn't go on sale to my satisfaction.  This is my Plan B ;)

Beautiful composition and good job on the operahouse:)) 

I just slapped that photo on a plane and made it emissive, and used a clear sky HDRI for ambient reflections etc. Hehe interesting to see so many different workflows here...

Looking forward to seeing a few more angles on Sydney;) 

• Llola Lane said:

Hey, I'm near the water. Find me. There are plants and birds and rocks and things all around me. Great render.

Sven Dullah said:

Llola Lane said:

I just slapped that photo on a plane and made it emissive, and used a clear sky HDRI for ambient reflections etc. Hehe interesting to see so many different workflows here...

Thanks... btw... Gotta love a good 'photo on a plane'  ... ;)  

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Hey, I'm near the water. Find me. There are plants and birds and rocks and things all around me. Great render.

Thanks Agi :)  Too many bugs where you are... I'll stick to the water for now... lol!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Llola Lane said:

Sven Dullah said:

Llola Lane said:

Not to be confused with Snakes on a Plane!   cheeky

Dana 

DanaTA said:

Llola Lane said:

Sven Dullah said:

Llola Lane said:

Not to be confused with Snakes on a Plane!   cheeky

Dana 

nooooooooooooooooooooooo... I HATE snakezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!  Well... I hate spiders more.... (shudderzzzzzzzzzz)  lol

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Enter the Sandman

Image portrays the Holden Sandman parked on Bondi Beach which is near Sydney, Australia. Produced between 1974 and 1980, the Holden Sandman was a sport coupe utility produced Holden, an Australian subsidiary of General Motors. The model was popular with teenage couples and was available in a variety of bright '70's colors. The 3d model was created by Martin Trafas who generously made it available on Sketchfab. I ported the model into Daz Studios and added the distinctive Sandman stripe. The beach is meant to portray Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia. Rendered with Iray.

Background is not Bondi Beach but it was as close as I could find in an HDRI

Wonderful color for the Sandman Zatetic.... I bet the couples really got noticed when they drove their Holden!  Thanks for joining the fun! ;)

Llola Lane said:

Wonderful color for the Sandman Zatetic.... I bet the couples really got noticed when they drove their Holden!  Thanks for joining the fun! ;)

My research tells me teenagers referred to them as Shaggin' Wagons

laugh

Zatetic said:

Llola Lane said:

My research tells me teenagers referred to them as Shaggin' Wagons

laugh

haaaaaaaa... I won't ask how they got that name.  lol

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

A 'not quite last minute rush' production:

Australia

(3Delight, gimp & Fotosketcher)

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,594

Lovelly image, nattaruk :)

I think I am still going to be the last one again as I have an existing silly image to finish up before starting on my submission for this thread.

• nattaruk said:

Australia

Are they hostile? Remember, I'm on walkabout still Since Llola Lane wouldn't come and get me. in her yacht.

nattaruk said:

Australia

Oh WOW nattaruk... sooo much detail... Well done!  :)  Love the style.  Thanks for sharing.

AgitatedRiot said:

nattaruk said:

Australia

Are they hostile? Remember, I'm on walkabout still Since Llola Lane wouldn't come and get me. in her yacht.

Ha... who said I won't come git'cha???  lol

• Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Thanks Agi :)  Too many bugs where you are... I'll stick to the water for now... lol!

Right here. wink You did even pick up on the song lyrics. There are plants and birds and rocks and things all around me. I changed one word. There were plants, birds and rocks, and things all around me.

On the first part of the journey
    I was lookin' at all the life
    There were plants and birds and rocks and things
    There was sand and hills and rings
    The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
    And the sky with no clouds
    The heat was hot and the ground was dry
    But the air was full of sound

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Right here. wink You did even pick up on the song lyrics. There are plants and birds and rocks and things all around me. I changed one word. There were plants, birds and rocks, and things all around me.

On the first part of the journey
    I was lookin' at all the life
    There were plants and birds and rocks and things
    There was sand and hills and rings
    The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
    And the sky with no clouds
    The heat was hot and the ground was dry
    But the air was full of sound

Oh yes... Love that song... Forgot who sang it though.. didn't wanna embarrass myself.    ;)

• America 1972

AgitatedRiot said:

America 1972

That's right... I was in high school.  Ahhhhhh  Thanks.

Not what I was planning for this month but finally got a submission done :)

Postcards to Dad #02 : Sydney

Sorry it's been a while since I last wrote, Dad, but we've had awful luck since we arrived in Australia. First our Safari tour was cancelled due to excessive orange dust and then when we went to the Zoo we found out we couldn't see the Koalas as there was a problem with their enclosure. I really wanted to cuddle a Koala, they look so cute!

Leyla suggested we check out Bondi beach and take some surfing lessons which I was a bit nervous about since you know I am not the best swimmer. Fortunately for me the sea was really calm and so it wasn't as scarey as I had feared and so we all had a great time.

Here we are with Sydney, one of the instructors, just before heading out to the sea. I loved her Mermaid tattoo - but don't worry, I'm not planning on getting one for myself!

Hope all is well at home.

Love Penny x

Gallery Link

SofaCitizen said:

Sorry it's been a while since I last wrote, Dad, but we've had awful luck since we arrived in Australia. First our Safari tour was cancelled due to excessive orange dust and then when we went to the Zoo we found out we couldn't see the Koalas as there was a problem with their enclosure. I really wanted to cuddle a Koala, they look so cute!

Leyla suggested we check out Bondi beach and take some surfing lessons which I was a bit nervous about since you know I am not the best swimmer. Fortunately for me the sea was really calm and so it wasn't as scarey as I had feared and so we all had a great time.

Here we are with Sydney, one of the instructors, just before heading out to the sea. I loved her Mermaid tattoo - but don't worry, I'm not planning on getting one for myself!

Hope all is well at home.

Love Penny x

Gallery Link

Ha.. Mine wasn't what I planned either... but like you said.. submission done!  lol.  I love it... The girls look like they are having fun.  The 'note' to dad is wonderful!  In a few days they will be off to Hong Kong, China... woo hoot.

• SofaCitizen said:

Zoo we found out we couldn't see the Koalas as there was a problem with their enclosure. I really wanted to cuddle a Koala, they look so cute!

I ran across a Mob while on me walkabout. Those little creatures are mean.

Llola Lane said:

Ha.. Mine wasn't what I planned either... but like you said.. submission done!  lol.  I love it... The girls look like they are having fun.  The 'note' to dad is wonderful!  In a few days they will be off to Hong Kong, China... woo hoot.

Thanks:) This time the accompanying text was a bit meta since it was driven by the real-life struggles in creating the render in the first place. Perhaps, since it's still technically February Penny can pop back to the Zoo to see if they'll let her cuddle a Koala - even if it doesn't make it all the way to a submitted render it would give me a chance to practice a more simple, close-up portrait style image which I struggle to have inspiration for :)

As for China, don't have any ideas yet and didn't get either of the lanterns or outfits that were released last week. Will have to dig into my library to see what I already have.

AgitatedRiot said:

I ran across a Mob while on me walkabout. Those little creatures are mean.

But they look so innocent.....